107 replies to this topic

#81 Morgwyn

Morgwyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 09:04

Regarding the quests that give an upgrade, like 1 AH slot, a log message that the upgrade was applied would be nice, plus it would be nice if it would show on the Upgrades page. I obtained 1 AH slot for my DQ today, but I get itchy when I cannot confirm anywhere I actually got it. :P

#82 Aceshunter

Aceshunter

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 October 2016 - 11:17

Daily Quest
[ Rare ]
Travel 800 tiles
800 / 800
Gain +1,430 Current Stamina

*ka-ching*

#83 andyvince

andyvince

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 11:33

I see players spent quite a few post,- long posts arguing about DQ involving breaking down X items :huh: . Wouldn’t the easiest solution for this type of quest be scale down the whole thing (by 10 say, meaning they can only exist as common type I guess). i.e. less number of items need to be break down and of cause less the reward.

#84 fallengerm

fallengerm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 12:01

This update looks interesting, but i can't say much for quests or anything, as i had been offline when it took place. However the quest i seen guild mates get gives me hope that this will continue to benefit the game with getting players more active, though i think that both the rewards and quest still need tweaking and scaling so that it doesn't kill game in the long run. Anyways until i see more of the quest and possible rewards i am gonna have say the first round on daily quest was good enough for me, but here's to a bright future and hopefully another 10+ yrs of playing fs

#85 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 15:24

To drive home why those break down DQs are so cool... here's a pm from one of my buyers:

X says: Daily Quest [ Common ] Break down 190 items 0 / 190 Gain +240 Current Stamina Time Remaining: HAHA, perfect

Collusion works ,oP 

#86 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 16:07

I just finished the one for today. First one in three days that I felt was worth doing. Until after I did it. I had to kill 225 greenskins. For a reward of + 625 current stamina. Ended up on a map with 3 greenskins. Like a dummy, thought I was being smart in using a doubler potion to get experience at the same time while trying to get a Medal tick. I ended up over 1000 stamina in the hole. I guess this is my learning curve

Edited by cucullainn, 16 October 2016 - 16:08.

#87 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 16:22

lol... no worries cucu... good to live and learn. In a nutshell, some of the DQs could be worthwhile with doubler IF you are actually at the creature level.

For the most part, I'd suggest doing the DQ first and then, maybe, start using Doubler when you're close to the goal and about to level up.

#88 fallengerm

fallengerm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 01:39

Loved today daily walk 400 tiles for +21 max stam, would be happy with that everyday LOL. Added 30 max stam total bought +9 with gold upgrades and save 5 fsps while gaining 30 max stam.  Still looking forward to whatever else may pop up out of the blue... hehe did i mention i like surprises especially good ones.

still though on a side note unless this one brings back old players or brings a influx of new players these daily quest rewards could kill funding for the game but then again may not as long there are uprgrades to purchase i am sure the game will get support from all of the players.

p.s. waiting for Xmas money to come in will make sure to spend it wisely here

#89 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 17 October 2016 - 02:37

liking the updates so far...

Edited by BadPenny, 17 October 2016 - 02:46.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#90 Bluetail

Bluetail

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 October 2016 - 09:38

I just had a Legendary Quest that gave me +1 Max Allies but since its in addition to the ones on the upgrade page there would be no way to keep track of how many of these youve gotten unless you do it by hand. Might be worth having a numerical counter for the total somewhere, since unlike BP, Components and Stamina there is no visual of how many spots you have.

Insanity is when the sobbing slowly turns into laughter...

#91 Calista

Calista

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 13:51

Hi all,

We've just further improved Daily Quests by adding 2 new quest types, quest rarity (Common, Rare & Legendary) and several new rewards. Enjoy! :)

~ The Fallen Sword Team

What exactly does the quest rarity mean?  Looking at the different dq's, I don't see a noticeable difference between a rare, common, or legendary quest.  Is there a difference or is it just to look cool?

#92 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,834 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 October 2016 - 13:58

The rare quests are a bit harder while giving a better reward and so on.

#93 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 15:41

I have seen post in another thread, talking about Legendarys. Inquiring as to the spawn rate of permanent legendaries in the realms. I feel as though it's crucial it remains unchanged. I actually applaud the strategically devious addition of these DQs. In knowing that they cannot be accomplished unless during a Legendary Event. Thus keeping EOCers and those with large stam banks from racing towards Daily Quests Diamond. Bravo bravo

#94 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 17:37

I stll see people in global chat asking about the Legendary DQ, Kill X of Legendarys. It can Not Be Done. Only during LE Events. Zachorzi the Plagued (Legendary) Lv 20, Leghra Deathspinner Queen (Legendary) Lv40, Minotaur of the Lost (Legendary) Lv100, Ursa the Great Bear (Legendary) Lv325, and Seal of Fire (Legendary) Lv 1000. I assume Not everyone reads the forums. What a shame :P

#95 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,834 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 October 2016 - 17:42

Funny thing though, I'm letting anyone who asks about it in Global Chat know about these LEs.

#96 Bluetail

Bluetail

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 October 2016 - 21:45

The rare quests are a bit harder while giving a better reward and so on.

That might not be true for all of the DQs. Ive had both a Common and Rare Breakdown quest. I can only equate the two because they gave the same reward type. For the Common I had to breakdown 60 items for 110 Reserve Stamina (1.83 stam/item), while the Rare required 380 items for 480 Reserve Stamina (1.26 stam/item). While the stamina reward for the Rare quest is higher its doesnt give more stamina per item (ie doesnt scale up). So the Rare quest would reward me less for the additional effort/time/stamina put in. It might not seem like much of a difference but if the rate was atleast the same for the Rare quest you should expect about 700 stamina (the quest actually gives <70% of this).

#97 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 18 October 2016 - 22:34

I've seen COMMON DQ's give a better reward, per stamina spent, than RARE or LEGENDARY too.

I suspect the way that DQ's work is something like the below.

Each DQ is broken down into 3 components (well, ok, now 4), as follows

1. Is the DQ going to be COMMON, RARE or LEGENDARY ?

2. Is the DQ going to be a "kill x of y", move x steps, invent x, join x arenas, beat x in pvp etc etc

3. Assign a number to "x" and, if necessary, "y"

4. Determine the reward

For points 2, 3 and 4, I suspect there is a list with each option listed and the RNG simply picks one for each and assigns the DQ.

The "only" difference I suspect is that "x" and "y" (point 3) and reward (point 4) are scaled up and down accordingly, but with an overlap which explains why, sometimes, common dq gives better rewards than rare or legendary.

Of course, I could be WAY off the mark here, but this is my take on how they work :)

Edited by Pardoux, 18 October 2016 - 22:35.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#98 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 22:52

The "only" difference I suspect is that "x" and "y" (point 3) and reward (point 4) are scaled up and down accordingly, but with an overlap which explains why, sometimes, common dq gives better rewards than rare or legendary.

Excellent observation Par. 

"Error" in prior post (#96) is assuming value of reward is based on stam used.

Benchmark, in my opinion, is the 370 reserve stam diff between rewards. That's more than a 300% bonus on the reward.

According to post #96, they are also leaving out opportunity cost as they would have to go through more than 4 rotations of the common to get the same reward.

Regardless, everyone will calc the reward worth differently.

#99 Bluetail

Bluetail

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 October 2016 - 23:04

From what Ive seen in the player thread on quest types and from friends, I was thinking along the same lines. Either that or HCS has been tweaking the rewards daily, though I dont think they would do that over the weekend. I think it might be worth tightening the range to make Rares feel like theyre more valuable than commons. Tbh I prefer the higher end Common DQ to the Rare so its kinda what Im beginning to hope for every reset. I dont think Legendaries share this problem since they have a different reward scheme.

#100 Bluetail

Bluetail

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 October 2016 - 23:29

I didnt compare the two on stam use, I compared them directly on input and output (Items Broken and Stamina Rewards) are both used for comparison (can be graphed on the same graph x,y). Since thats true its a completely valid way to compare the scaling. Reread the post if you got lost- its a short one. The stam/item refers to the rewarded stam, obviously stam per item used wont change if you get more items.

Not gonna question the validity that you would need to 4 Common quests for the same reward the Rare gives (albeit you need to do 6 times the work) since its 100% true. The main argument is that efficiency has been seen to drop as you move between Common to Rare, which has a portion of the community raising eyebrows. If I spend the time to do the Common DQ 4 times it will still be easier than doing the Rare DQ 1 time. Depends on what angle you want to look at it, since these are optional most people are gonna wanna spend their time on the best ones. If you already plan to do them all, then efficiency wouldnt really matter to you. I think most of the community is the former though since the majority of us are on the fence with this update and still testing the waters.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: