#101 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 03:32

About the Super Elite issues:

Top 250: I believe the list should stay as HCS planned, from scratch, because if we use medals to calculate it the list will become another list full of retired people.

On profile: For those who don't like killing SEs, just don't do it, don't hurt having a 0 on our profile, Karma is there for years anyway lol

#102 Anonemesis

Anonemesis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 14 November 2014 - 03:36

I am happy with what i have (classic) but that is BAD @SS =) nice work ! ( the blue glow of the gear is really cool ! )

lol it was more about showing the mouse over box pop up for the kills but thank you. 

Hate It Or Love It The Underdogs On Top. 

#103 Anonemesis

Anonemesis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 November 2014 - 03:38

Top 250: I believe the list should stay as HCS planned, from scratch, because if we use medals to calculate it the list will become another list full of retired people.

On profile: For those who don't like killing SEs, just don't do it, don't hurt having a 0 on our profile, Karma is there for years anyway lol

If someone has a 5,000 SE medal...I don't see a problem giving them 5,000 kills on the board...obviously anything over no one knows but if you've got a medal as proof for how many kills you've done then why not you earned them and theres no denying you didn't get said amount of kills 

Hate It Or Love It The Underdogs On Top. 

#104 bloody18

bloody18

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 03:41

when someone goes inactive ..stats should go dark from lists ..and when /if they return to the game they should show again ..think that would be a decent compromise ..some of these retired payers are legends and have made this game what it is today  ;) but totally respect your opinion not knocking it

#105 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 03:48

when someone goes inactive ..stats should go dark from lists ..and when /if they return to the game they should show again ..think that would be a decent compromise ..some of these retired payers are legends and have made this game what it is today   ;) but totally respect your opinion not knocking it

Yeah, I'll hate to see AmanuJaku out of Top bounty Hunters, but I believe every Top List should have 2 tabs:

Actives and All

That way we will see both kinds of players.

#106 Blenny

Blenny

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 05:14

I hardly ever write anything on the forums because I tend to agree with most of the updates that HCS does but I'm highly disappointed with this new SE top rated section it makes me feel that all my years of hunting was for nothing. Ever since the death of the BB I dedicated to SE hunting earned my crystal earlier this year and was waiting to see how I ranked among my fellow SE hunters but this dream of mine has been shattered. Before anyone attacks me, I personally feel that there's a difference between having a medal and being on the top. 

#107 Nagoyaka

Nagoyaka

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 07:09

As many here agree with, please have the SE kill count removed from our profile unless giving the correct number. And about top rated lists, do whatever, we will just not use them (I would if they were correct though).

Edited by Nagoyaka, 14 November 2014 - 07:20.

#108 Nagoyaka

Nagoyaka

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 07:14

Its very disrespecting towards the player that already did 5000+ SE kills to tell him he have killed 0 SE's!

And about the top 250, they are going to remove inactives, so that wouldnt be a problem anyway, but whatever, I and many others won't be using this list.

Edited by Nagoyaka, 14 November 2014 - 07:16.

#109 justinian9

justinian9

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 07:21

Seeing as most with a very high SE kill count hunted them well below their level I don't see an issue with starting at 0. 

BUT to keep higher level players from over crowding the lower level realms hunting SE's I would agree that we should add the SE count from current medals to their profile page.

If this is not done it will only make game play harder on the lower level players trying to complete SE kills for quests at their current level. This will not stop all the players from farming SE's way below their level but maybe it will limit it a bit.

Just my 2 cents right or wrong.

EDIT is below:

Back in the day, when SE gear was required to have best hunting gear and players farmed gear for themselves and their guild... much respect to you and all others that played the game in 2006 - 2008 and truly farmed (hunted) SE's at the same or close to the same level as your own.  Thank you for making mine and others game play easier and successful.

Edited by justinian9, 14 November 2014 - 08:44.

#110 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 07:30

Its very disrespecting towards the player that already did 5000+ SE kills to tell him he have killed 0 SE's!

And about the top 250, they are going to remove inactives, so that wouldnt be a problem anyway, but whatever, I and many others won't be using this list.

Why is that?
We never had that counter before, so I really see no problem with that, that's not like the players did those kills thinking "I'll kill those SEs because one day HCS will create a counter on my profile for that, and I'll have an awesome number on that counter".

But I would like to see more information on the mouse over on the 'SE Kills':
"Number of Super Elite creatures this player has killed since 13/nov/2014".

And the same on the Top 250 SE Hunters list:
"Top 250 Super Elite kills since 13/nov/2014"

That's very fair to me, doesn't disrepect any SE Hunter on my opinion, but the date need to be there.

btw, why is it 'Top 250 Super Elite kills' and not 'Top 250 Super Elite Hunters'?
For me that sounds like the best kills, not like the best hunters.

#111 midgetmanj

midgetmanj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 November 2014 - 07:34

I think I choked.   First update that I can remember since I joined.  Nice work guys.  Hope they keep coming for ages.  :)

#112 WandKing

WandKing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 08:11

My comment is in the color than happens to appear when this message is posted :)

What's an SE?

But seriously folks, this is for new guys and gals to put their long range time into FS!

Why not  add the current medal design just to the right of "SE Kills" so that even though this is a start at zero for everyone, that earned pinned medal will show who you are up against :)

True, the medal is already shown in its appropriate location, yet, how many new players are going to acknowledge that?

They do a mouseover and get details of the historical accomplishment. 

Edited by WandKing, 14 November 2014 - 08:41.

#113 Gutie

Gutie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 November 2014 - 08:33

Many needed and appreciated updates. With this update, though, one of my favorite FS Helper features has broken. The Guild (& Personal) Inventory Manager is not working :( Oh how I will miss being able to sort inventories by level, armor, damage, etc.

THIS THIS THIS x 9001 BILLION TRILLION to the Infinite power. Not joking. If this would be done I will be so utterly happy. By far my favorite FSH feature that a few weeks ago I could no longer use.

Also Quick Drink Potion Recall to BP/Guild Store/Take from Mailbox would be great to have back as well. The ease of use those 5 features give make things WAY easier... especially with thousands of items to sift though to find the bad craft ones... T_T

Edited by Gutie, 14 November 2014 - 08:34.

GutieGGtsig_zps678d4c8f.png

Are you active? Enjoy playing FS for fun and striving for lofty goals? Looking to join a guild that invests in itself and seeks to improve and grow in all aspects of the game?

Secret Alliance can be your home in FS! We are looking for active, motivated and driven players who have a passion and genuine enjoyment of FS to join us as we continue to rise towards the TOP! If interested feel free to send me a PM.

SA is also looking for one or two guild mergers INTO SA. Feel free to ask for details.

#114 Saxon

Saxon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 08:50

Nice additions to the game HCS

Feedback -

1) The stats on player profiles are off set when stat bonuses are added over 10,000 - They are not in line anymore

2) The SE kill count is tracked for medal progress so the data is available and can be included on the SE kill count. This is especially important for those players that have Ruby and Diamond SE medals

3) The titan kill counts for all existing guild members are included and so is the join date of players at their current guild, so again the data is available to make those totals accurate on the new top rated lists

#115 clock96

clock96

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 November 2014 - 09:02

Very nice update, thx Rad, btw can we add "gold on hand" to the find player page so you can see how much gold the player has right from the find player page, that would be a great addition, so can it be added ? Thx

clock96.gif

#116 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,283 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 09:16

Regarding new TOP lists/ profile view --- maybe at least default to the players medal they have already earned ... same with titan kills... maybe ? I have a bronze SE medal no big deal but if i had earned a diamond and it showed 0 SE kills in my profile ..that would be a little deflating -- however I love the idea and the medals ..MORE MEDALS PLEASE ..lets roll out PLATINUM levels now :)

Yes yes... but, make them AMETHYST so they can be purple 

*offers plate of cookies*

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#117 clock96

clock96

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 November 2014 - 09:24

Btw, now the findplayer page is adjusted with (-5) till (+5) of your current level, starting from level 200 can you make it (-10) till (+10) [normal attack range starting from lvl 200] ? And change from current level to VL cuz the attack range is according to VL not current level

clock96.gif

#118 bloody18

bloody18

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 09:31

here ya go ..offer it up to the FS GODS Penny... =)

Badpenny said: Yes yes... but, make them AMETHYST so they can be purple 

*offers plate of cookies*

oie_XyVPzzBotE2D_zpsdjka7p3l.gif

Edited by bloody18, 14 November 2014 - 09:33.

#119 Nagoyaka

Nagoyaka

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 10:04

Why is that?
We never had that counter before, so I really see no problem with that, that's not like the players did those kills thinking "I'll kill those SEs because one day HCS will create a counter on my profile for that, and I'll have an awesome number on that counter".

But I would like to see more information on the mouse over on the 'SE Kills':
"Number of Super Elite creatures this player has killed since 13/nov/2014".

And the same on the Top 250 SE Hunters list:
"Top 250 Super Elite kills since 13/nov/2014"

That's very fair to me, doesn't disrepect any SE Hunter on my opinion, but the date need to be there.

btw, why is it 'Top 250 Super Elite kills' and not 'Top 250 Super Elite Hunters'?
For me that sounds like the best kills, not like the best hunters.

Those players have worked hard for those kills since they started here, and now suddenly their profile tells them they have killed 0 SE's. For a dedicated SE player, that would be a good reason to quit this game. But looking at your medal I can understand why you might not feel the same.

Edited by Nagoyaka, 14 November 2014 - 10:16.

#120 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 10:31

I Like the updates, I honestly do not think any Medal in the Game is reflective of skill but more of time spent doing the chosen action.

As a result I fail to see how HCS have dishonoured anyone you all have your medals still but for the new section everyone starts equal and that makes perfect sense.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: