112 replies to this topic

#101 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 21:02

:( working great for an hour... then... aw! Snap!

#102 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 22:08

Still looking into this issue - I suspect it is something to do with the mouse-overs that doesn't agree with the latest Chrome update.

If it helps, last night Ripple and I were on at the same time and both got it at once. While it seems mouse overs are a trigger neither of us were doing that when it crashed.

Same thing everyone else is having problems with, scroll gets locked, mouse overs freeze, buffs wont show (also a mouse over) and one thing I havent seen mentioned,,, fast walk gets buggy and will either walk in a direction that you didnt click for or not accept a click on the map to walk to,, have to use arrows to move. Stairways also are buggy and we think this was what She was doing that initiated the "oh snap"

Hope that helps

#103 tharzill

tharzill

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 23:23

If it helps, last night Ripple and I were on at the same time and both got it at once. While it seems mouse overs are a trigger neither of us were doing that when it crashed.

Same thing everyone else is having problems with, scroll gets locked, mouse overs freeze, buffs wont show (also a mouse over) and one thing I havent seen mentioned,,, fast walk gets buggy and will either walk in a direction that you didnt click for or not accept a click on the map to walk to,, have to use arrows to move. Stairways also are buggy and we think this was what She was doing that initiated the "oh snap"

Hope that helps

I had some of these same problems using FireFox. I was titan hunting and had the walking issue. As I ended my hunt I also noticed the buff icons were not showing. Just a line around where they should be and the time. I could hover over it and still see what it was though.

*EDIT: 'Nother typo. I'm good at those.

Edited by tharzill, 21 January 2014 - 23:27.

#104 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 00:03

the walking in the World seemed like it got extremely faster with the lastest chrome update.. but since having to move to firefox because of the crashing, it hurts to watch myself walk around the World.

#105 Removed4427

Removed4427

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,400 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 00:05

i will sometimes keep a 2nd tab open with the UFSG for quick reference

both tabs will crash at the same time...

but not a 3rd tab with another site open

#106 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 02:00

Real bad tonight,, at least when GvGing and forgetting I cant look at buffs to check level or,, oh snap

Good news 100% if I close FS and reopen on a new tab, it fixes it,, at least till I oh snap again.

#107 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 03:08

i tried to cope with it but the path my mouse takes to buff guildmates or allies passes mouseovers too often.. had to change to the fox.

#108 Maj

Maj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 14:33

Still looking into this issue - I suspect it is something to do with the mouse-overs that doesn't agree with the latest Chrome update.

Not sure about this but it could be that jQuery's fade-in + fade-out tooltip functions are having problems with the latest version of Chrome. Maybe you could start looking in that direction.

Edited by Raistlin Majere, 22 January 2014 - 14:40.

#109 Zephyr

Zephyr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 14:56

I saw on the home page of FS that the cows found it hard to replicate . I have never used Chrome figured WTH i'll see if I can replicate it. Sure enough fresh install of chrome no add on or any thing mouse over and Oh Snap. Very easy to replicate. O_o

#110 Maj

Maj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 15:18

I saw on the home page of FS that the cows found it hard to replicate . I have never used Chrome figured WTH i'll see if I can replicate it. Sure enough fresh install of chrome no add on or any thing mouse over and Oh Snap. Very easy to replicate. O_o

Here's how to trigger the bug: hover the mouse on several backpack items/guild online members while the profile page is still loading. You'll get several mouse tooltips loading and this will trigger the bug because it seems that the page is overwhelmed by the amount of tooltip fade-ins and fade-outs.

Here's a sample of the errors I captured using Chrome's default debugger:

2lw8z61.jpg

Two of the errors point to a function in v1.7.1 jQuery Library (function(a){...}). One of the errors in the function is this.container.style (this.container returns null).

I'd also like to add that this bug triggers with or without FSH.

Edited by Raistlin Majere, 22 January 2014 - 15:48.

#111 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 22 January 2014 - 15:23

Been looking into this issue all day and it looks to be an issue between the latest version of Chrome and the library we use to display the tooltips. Other web game (run by another company) also seems to be experiencing the same issue and they look to be using the same library that we use to display the tooltips.

Some of there users reported the bug to Google here:

https://code.google....etail?id=335817

We're going to test out a replacement for the tooltip library and see if that resolves the issue. Ideally Google will fix whatever is causing the issue, but we've no idea how long that will be and it looks to also be happening still in the v33 beta version of Chrome.

#112 tharzill

tharzill

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 15:44

Thanks for the update hoof!

#113 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members