252 replies to this topic

#101 Neofito

Neofito

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:17

The auto-run thing I don't see as a big deal. You still need to move into range to use an ability, so why does it matter if it does it automatically or you do it manually

Well, a rage player wants/need be at a decent distance of the mobs in order to avoid be hited (of course always will be hited by ranged mobs, but even so don't want be hited by melee mobs), this means take a position in order to be able to use his/her skills but no taking agro for several mobs at the same time (or at least this is my idea, other thing is if I'm able to do it as well as I would like :rolleyes:; but it is my goal  :P  ); this balance is hard to get, but it becomes harder if the char autoruns and ends into a group of mobs.

In life the things aren't white or black, the certain is that they are composed of a beautiful variety of grey tones.

#102 evilbry

evilbry

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts
  • New Zealand

Posted 28 March 2013 - 03:41

Please allow us to rename or at least label our backpacks so we can better manage our junk!

#103 SDGR

SDGR

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:01

Well, a rage player wants/need be at a decent distance of the mobs in order to avoid be hited (of course always will be hited by ranged mobs, but even so don't want be hited by melee mobs), this means take a position in order to be able to use his/her skills but no taking agro for several mobs at the same time (or at least this is my idea, other thing is if I'm able to do it as well as I would like :rolleyes:; but it is my goal  :P  ); this balance is hard to get, but it becomes harder if the char autoruns and ends into a group of mobs.

Just because your toon starts to run doesn't mean that you can't stop it - you are in control of your toon, not the other way round :) In time you will be able to tell what's the  max range distance so you'll be able to position your toon to hit from afar - and in Eldevin, the ranged distance allows you to land 4 - 5 hits before the mob reaches you (plenty of time to start running and keep sniping the critters).

#104 ZooksterGaming

ZooksterGaming

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts
  • Badge
  • Sweden

Posted 28 March 2013 - 15:58

Is it only me who think the gathering/crafting xp (skill xp) should be different from differetn lvl items?

Lvl 1 gives about 4-5 xp in gathering and about 9-10 in crafting. This is nice.

But so does anythign thats between lvl 1-10, it only raises at lvl 11.

Should there be small raises for each new item (of higher lvl)  you can gather or craft? So that lvl 5 is somewhere in between 5 and 11 xp.

Now at some points we will lvl skills up faster than intended. But this coudl be fixed by raisign the XP needed at higher level? Maybe raise with 300xp/per level after 11.

Also, you really shouldnt lose coin on gathering then buying the last component for crafting. Im losing about 2silver per every 50 lvl 1 potions I make.

91ig7l.png

| Zook (45) Prophet | Arumat (45) Warrior | Samoorai (45) Templar |

| Crystal Cutting - 45 | Farming - 40 | Fishing - 23 | Foraging - 45 | Forestry - 45 | Prospecting - 45 | Skinning - 45 |

| Alchemy - 45 | Armorsmithing - 45 | Cooking - 45 | Jewelry - 45 | Leatherworking - 45 | Tailoring - 45 | Weaponsmithing - 40 |

#105 Killen4fun

Killen4fun

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 16:58

Oh many of us agree. I made a post somewhere about it.

I was thinking either, xp gained is based on materials used or by crafting level. If you craft a level 1 armorsmith item, you get say 1-5 xp, a level 2 armor smith item 3-7 xp, a level 3 armorsmith item, 5-9 xp, etc...

#106 Willoughby

Willoughby

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 17:47

The game view is still killing the game for me. If I'm moving downhill the field of view in front is shorter than the agro field of some of the monsters. If I'm moving uphill I miss things on the floor. I either need to be able to zoom out further, or tilt down further still.

That's my only real bugbear with the game, it's a problem that would stop me playing after Beta finishes.

4re39x.jpg
That's how long I've been waiting for this game.

#107 Zurion

Zurion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts
  • Badge
  • Romania

Posted 28 March 2013 - 17:56

Is it only me who think the gathering/crafting xp (skill xp) should be different from differetn lvl items?

Lvl 1 gives about 4-5 xp in gathering and about 9-10 in crafting. This is nice.

But so does anythign thats between lvl 1-10, it only raises at lvl 11.

Should there be small raises for each new item (of higher lvl)  you can gather or craft? So that lvl 5 is somewhere in between 5 and 11 xp.

Now at some points we will lvl skills up faster than intended. But this coudl be fixed by raisign the XP needed at higher level? Maybe raise with 300xp/per level after 11.

Also, you really shouldnt lose coin on gathering then buying the last component for crafting. Im losing about 2silver per every 50 lvl 1 potions I make.

Yesterday I spent a lot of time leveling my tailoring. And I noticed that you do get more xp from crafting stuff that requires higher lvl of the skill. I don't remember the numbers, but I clearly remember that I want to see if there is any difference. And there was. Not sure about the gathering though.

Electronic devices function with smoke. When the smoke comes out of them, they stop working.

#108 ZooksterGaming

ZooksterGaming

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts
  • Badge
  • Sweden

Posted 28 March 2013 - 18:24

Yesterday I spent a lot of time leveling my tailoring. And I noticed that you do get more xp from crafting stuff that requires higher lvl of the skill. I don't remember the numbers, but I clearly remember that I want to see if there is any difference. And there was. Not sure about the gathering though.

Maybe its only gathering that doesnt get more xp then.
I know smithing didnt do this before, but maybe it does after the last patch.

I also tried som alchemy today. And my lvl 5 potions gives me around 10-12xp instead of the lvl 1 8-10xp. So craftng might have beeen improved.
Gathering is still same xp from lvl 1 -10 for me.

91ig7l.png

| Crystal Cutting - 45 | Farming - 40 | Fishing - 23 | Foraging - 45 | Forestry - 45 | Prospecting - 45 | Skinning - 45 |

| Alchemy - 45 | Armorsmithing - 45 | Cooking - 45 | Jewelry - 45 | Leatherworking - 45 | Tailoring - 45 | Weaponsmithing - 40 |

#109 ZooksterGaming

ZooksterGaming

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts
  • Badge
  • Sweden

Posted 28 March 2013 - 18:31

The skill Taunt

I really like cc skills like this one.

But Taunt has no use at all in PvP since it only affect creatures.
I cant stand that at all. I as a tank want to be able to give any guy, including truedamage assassins. A little bit or harash by using taunt with my Spiked Armor that kicks in with the taunt.

It reflects 10/20/30/40% of incoming damage back at the taunted attacker.

As a tank/healer im not really supposed to dis out tons of damage. But reflecting is a skill that should be able to use in that case.
Im not sure if the 40% is too strong though. And it could be a skill that has different stats in PvP than PvE.

If I dont get my taunt to work in PvP, I have to go another class :P

91ig7l.png

#110 DaleJunior

DaleJunior

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:18

I really think that there MUST be a way for us to log into the forum to post our questions and read about updates to the game while remaining logged into the game, as we can with FS.  Thanks. 

#111 DaleJunior

DaleJunior

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:23

One more, and I promise I'll stop posting suggestions for a while :) A visible cooldown on the homestone would be helpful :)

DO NOT stop postiong suggestions!!  Otherwise, what is the point of being a BetaTester anyway??  lol. 

#112 Killen4fun

Killen4fun

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:57

I really think that there MUST be a way for us to log into the forum to post our questions and read about updates to the game while remaining logged into the game, as we can with FS.  Thanks. 

Why can't you? Open another tab/window and come to the forum.

I have the game and forum both open at all times.

#113 Zurion

Zurion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts
  • Badge
  • Romania

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:14

DO NOT stop postiong suggestions!!  Otherwise, what is the point of being a BetaTester anyway??  lol. 

I think I posted 3 suggestions in a very short amount of time, one after the other :) That's why I said I'll stop for a bit, to let other post some too :)

Electronic devices function with smoke. When the smoke comes out of them, they stop working.

#114 Kaendor

Kaendor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:27

My suggestions for the day - it's about cosmetics ;) :

1. I'll start by saying that I LOVE the quests ;) very in depth storyline, long chain quests, very diverse and dense content, special locations and even NPC animations, just superb. It's beyond my expectations to be honest and so far Eldevin seems to be the only game that was able to match (if not even top) RS's famous quests. During all that voyage in the world of Eldevin though, you get in contact with various NPCs, get hold of special items and even join various groups (from official to the more "obscure"). But nobody knows of your great adventures and you have nothing to show-off...so here comes my first suggestion: how about creating an Adventurers' Hall where ppl would be able to buy special cosmetics, such as an Eldevin Army suit, a Crimson Macabre full outfit or maybe a Racketeer one...or maybe a special cape that will show you've completed all quests in a certain map? ;) Which brings me to suggestion no. 2...

2. Implementing an additional / second character outfit window for cosmetics only. These will have no stats and their purpose will be either the one suggested at point 1 and / or costumising your toon so we won't all look the same and in the same time covering those hideous standard armors - especially considering that a lot of ppl are forced to walk around with mismatched parts for the sake of squeezing more points (and I'd love a cape) :) And finally...

3. how about those relic sets ppl worked so hard for, but unfortunately becoming obsolete because of higher armor sets having better stats? Wouldn't be neat to be able to transfer the stats of your current gear to a lower relic gear set? So this is my final proposal of the day: implementing a special NPC that will transfer the stats of your current lvl gear to relic sets for a fee. You would be required to have the complete rare set and a complete set of armor that can be crafted. The relic will inherit the new stats and loose the initial ones... a trade-off for the ones willing to sacrifice older rare gear for the sake of looking good ;)

I agree on the outfit window on suggestion 2, but with option 3. Isnt it better just to put the item that you want for looks in your outfit slot, instead of destroying one of the items in the process?. Kind of like RIFT/LOTRO work which I think is a better system because imagine this: You have a helm that is very had to get and you want to use it because you like how it looks, so you transfer the stats from a stronger helm to this one, but you find a better one next lvl and you end up having to do the same again (IF you are able to), instead of just putting the helm in your outfit slot and not having to worry if you get a better one to transmutate and use it as long as you want.

SquirrelSig_zps7b59b79d.png

#115 SDGR

SDGR

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:13

I agree on the outfit window on suggestion 2, but with option 3. Isnt it better just to put the item that you want for looks in your outfit slot, instead of destroying one of the items in the process?. Kind of like RIFT/LOTRO work which I think is a better system because imagine this: You have a helm that is very had to get and you want to use it because you like how it looks, so you transfer the stats from a stronger helm to this one, but you find a better one next lvl and you end up having to do the same again (IF you are able to), instead of just putting the helm in your outfit slot and not having to worry if you get a better one to transmutate and use it as long as you want.

Well that could work ONLY if whatever you put in the cosmetics slots will not add to your overall stats - even it that item has stats. The idea was was either having something useful for your lvl that would look cool or something that looks cool but has no impact on the stats. I've played MMOs with "cosmetics" that were in fact more powerful than the actual gear (ex: "Hero Online") and it was not fair.

#116 Kaendor

Kaendor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:32

Well that could work ONLY if whatever you put in the cosmetics slots will not add to your overall stats - even it that item has stats. The idea was was either having something useful for your lvl that would look cool or something that looks cool but has no impact on the stats. I've played MMOs with "cosmetics" that were in fact more powerful than the actual gear (ex: "Hero Online") and it was not fair.

Of course if u put the items in the cosmetic slots u dont get the bonus from the ittem equipped in that slot in that system. And well if as u say u get something that looks cool and has nice stats, well just use it as your normal armour and dont put anything on cosmetics. Is the nice thing of this system that allows flexibility, IMO is the best cosmetic system out there and in the years Ive played lotro and Rift, I have never seen someone that doesnt like it.

And yeah as you mention in those kind of games(Hero Online, Archlord.etc) a cosmetic item like that is not fair, but the companies that hold those games have usually paytowin models so they sell those overpowered cosmetics to the users, which basically screws the game to any other individual in pvp. Still thats a very different system than the suggested, since stats will not apply on the items equipped in the costume slots.

SquirrelSig_zps7b59b79d.png

#117 SDGR

SDGR

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:44

Yeah, that could work ;)

#118 myth

myth

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:20

Got a few wee suggestions. Mainly the screen sizes, I know you have it planned for future patch but would any of the boxes be customisable? As in the chat box mainly so you can adjust the size of it and also be able to use a hook function on the quest tracker, sometimes feel drawn to use map marker more to see tooltip rather than look above the chat area. I like to listen to my music in the background of games and wondered if you were able to implement a volume control rather than a one click mute. Also is it possible to set the camera in a default position? Noticed coming out of buildings it tends to pop the view right on top.

#119 myth

myth

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 13:00

Could belts be equipped without first having to remove potions from the quickslot?

#120 Zurion

Zurion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts
  • Badge
  • Romania

Posted 29 March 2013 - 13:03

Could belts be equipped without first having to remove potions from the quickslot?

I wanted to say this, but I always forgot :)) Maybe make the potions return to the backpack automatically

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: