• This topic is locked This topic is locked
143 replies to this topic

#101 Nagoyaka

Nagoyaka

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 20:04

In fact it does. Top 100 is not for everyone to make, those with bigger stamina banks gets a better chance towards it, thats one of the advantages of having a big stamina bank. We don't need any easy win buttons to make it easier for those with lower stamina banks to have a shot at top 100. I didnt just reply to recent posts, if you read through all subjects regarding recent GE, you would understand.

If they worked hard enough, they should already have received 3 chests, be happy with that!

Edited by Nagoyaka, 21 April 2015 - 20:08.

#102 Lashiel

Lashiel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 20:06

I had a lot of fun with this event. :) Got a lot of frags along the way too.  lol I look forward to next Easter and have one question only.  Do I need to hang onto that magic basket or will I be able to pick one up somewhere in the Temple?  :) Or a store somewhere. lol

#103 Morgwyn

Morgwyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 20:24

In fact it does. Top 100 is not for everyone to make, those with bigger stamina banks gets a better chance towards it, thats one of the advantages of having a big stamina bank. We don't need any easy win buttons to make it easier for those with lower stamina banks to have a shot at top 100. I didnt just reply to recent posts, if you read through all subjects regarding recent GE, you would understand.

If they worked hard enough, they should already have received 3 chests, be happy with that!

Sorry I thought you commented about the extra chest at 15K.

#104 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 21 April 2015 - 20:39

So everybody with low stam banks did not work hard? Seriously? 

Really your comments have nothing to do with the subject. But I can certainly understand that some players are disappointed with the random number of 15K kills. And it is not fair just to say they did not work hard enough.

I don't think it was a RANDOM number ...

The initial event was 3 containers for 5K kills .... The cows have given out "bonus" awards historically for smashing the overall kill count out of the park ... this time, the overall kill count was tripled, ergo, to me at least, it seemed a reasonable guess to say that 15k kills maybe the cut-off ?

Did I make the cut-off ? yes - I did 15012 kills (I started late, after the event was already secured) so did what I thought was an amount that MAY get something extra. Would I have been bothered had it not have ? no.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#105 Lashiel

Lashiel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 20:41

I have an observation too. :)  In the upgrade section, under loyalty at the bottom of the page there is six global boosters. lol The last two make me think of funky hats from a past era. I usually use the 500 to start then drop to a smaller one if I feel like it.  If you use no booster at all you get 1 kill per attack, but if you use a booster you get more kills per attack depending on the size you buy. :) I got enough to get three of those pretty chests.

Edited by Lashiel, 21 April 2015 - 20:42.

#106 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 20:51

I don't think it was a RANDOM number ...

The initial event was 3 containers for 5K kills .... The cows have given out "bonus" awards historically for smashing the overall kill count out of the park ... this time, the overall kill count was tripled, ergo, to me at least, it seemed a reasonable guess to say that 15k kills maybe the cut-off ?

Did I make the cut-off ? yes - I did 15012 kills (I started late, after the event was already secured) so did what I thought was an amount that MAY get something extra. Would I have been bothered had it not have ? no.

True but there was no other qualification for those other than hitting 5k kills, so why change this criteria?

As for the "get over it" and be "happy with what you have" posts all i can say is....what condescending twoddle.

Cheers.

wil72

Edited by wil72, 21 April 2015 - 22:28.

#107 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 21:15

True but there was no other qualification for those other than hitting 5k kills, so why change this criteria?

As for the "get over it" and be "happy with what you have posts" all i can say is....what condescending twoddle.

Cheers.

wil72

Why? Next time do you think people will stop at 5k? If we are crushing the count next GE, the numbers will be even more amazing as people pour more kills in. I think that's a good why and it's great that we are kept guessing.

Condescension? Lol. Anyone else see the pot and the kettle? Lol

#108 JBKing89

JBKing89

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 21 April 2015 - 21:28

I was quite pleased with the event, and yes I did get 6 chests total, but I put in over 3 hours hitting bunnies and eggs.  50K were without a global booster, because I wanted to earn more frags, and was not worried about getting top 100 until I realized it was attainable.

Again, quite pleased with the frags and the chests.....  I would have been content with the 3 +2 chests and the "tons" of frags I collected.

.... but wait... reading some posts preceding mine.... a thought hits me......

Shouldn't I get more chests since I had over 300K kills?  I certainly deserve more than someone getting only 15K kills...... right?  right?

< end sarcasm>

Face it, HCS will never please everyone with anything they do. 

Edited by JBKing89, 21 April 2015 - 21:29.

#109 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 21:32

Why? Next time do you think people will stop at 5k? If we are crushing the count next GE, the numbers will be even more amazing as people pour more kills in. I think that's a good why and it's great that we are kept guessing.

Condescension? Lol. Anyone else see the pot and the kettle? Lol

No, please explain. And I'm so glad you found my comment so amusing.

Crushing the count next global, if it's new then yes we may crush the count, if not, you're having a laugh mate.

Cheers.

wil72

Edited by wil72, 21 April 2015 - 21:46.

#110 majar

majar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 22:19

Hi HCS & forum!  Excellent event!  Possibly the best!  Look forward to many more events like the shadow bunny showdown!   THANKS!

<"@<

o0o

^^^^^

Edited by majar, 21 April 2015 - 22:21.

#111 Mekrushu

Mekrushu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 22:25

This was a great event....UNTIL you pulled the 15k bonus at the end without warning! That was not cool at all.  I think it goes without saying that you peeved quite a few people off, including me, with 12433 kills! I would have continued IF you had informed us of this bonus and Im sure a lot of others would have too. :ph34r:

FSsig.jpg

Tact is for those that lack the intelligence to be sarcastic!

#112 majar

majar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 22:32

This was a great event....UNTIL you pulled the 15k bonus at the end without warning! That was not cool at all.  I think it goes without saying that you peeved quite a few people off, including me, with 12433 kills! I would have continued IF you had informed us of this bonus and Im sure a lot of others would have too. :ph34r:

DITTO! >"@<

#113 Tastria

Tastria

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 21 April 2015 - 23:52

"It was the best of events, it was the wor..."   No, No, NO!  It Was a really good event :D

I do look at it this way though:  The rules were set at the beginning, ditto the rewards. (I thought the frag chest as a quest reward was a nice touch) If the powers-that-be want to give extras to the community for an extraordinary amount of kills, that's fine.  But it seems a bit arbitrary to give out awards at (in this case) 15k worth of kills. 

Having said that, I'm happy with my chests, even though I had to buy 3 more backpack spaces for them.

All in all, a really nice global. 

#114 Azarek

Azarek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 00:07

Okay, let's call a spade a spade.  Those that got the extra chest are happy, those that did not get the extra chest are not. Now what are the facts?  This was a global event that got a lot of participation.  Why? Because people had built up stamina, the chest rewards were the best that they have ever been, and rather than only getting one bonus chest for being in the top 100 you got two.  So what is the purpose of the GEs?  Now I think this depends on who you ask, and might be the source of some of the controversy. 

For some, the purpose is to get people to burn their stamina on something other than leveling.  On that front, the event was likely very successful, since the lowest kill count in the top 100 was 280k and the top was over 700k.  The reason that I say likely is that, really we should divide those totals by 5, and in reality most of the people with the high kill counts probably used a distilled chest that had at least Conserve 400, or more likely 500.  But still I think that it is fairly safe to assume that many people used more stamina for this event than they did for the previous ones.  On this definition of a successful GE, the extra prize given for getting at least 15k makes some sense because it means that more people expended more than the minimal effort.

For others, the purpose is for the community to come together to try to achieve a common goal.  In the case of all of the GEs so far, that has been to achieve the Ruby kill count.  On that front, the GE was again a success because that goal was achieved by the second day.  On this definition giving extra chests to the people with 15k+ makes little sense, because as a community we achieved the goal, and there was no reason after this mark had been reached for people to make any more kills (even the 5k).  Obviously the reason that people did so, was for self-serving reasons, namely so that they would get the reward as well.  But why would the community really care at that point how many creatures the person kills since the goal was achieved. So killing 5k or 15k, or 100k made absolutely no difference.  The only way that this makes sense is if people made the implicit assumption that if we significantly exceeded the ruby level that BG would kick in an extra chest as a reward.  Now extra kills mean something, but based on past experience this has usually involved something like getting one more tier worth of kills, and it has always been that everyone who qualified got the bonus reward because they contributed in their own way to the "community" accomplishment.

Well what about the reward for the top 100?  Do we view this as a reward for those people who put in the greatest amount of effort, or is this a fun side competition in addition to the goal of achieving the community goal?  Given the fact that there is always a jockeying for position on the last day, and the fact that we give a separate medal for achieving it, it seems like it is mainly the latter.  As such it is like saying that in the Olympics we should make medals for those not in the top 3, and that these new medals count towards the country rankings for performance at the Games.  One could do this, but it should be stated before the competition that this is what is going to happen.

Anyway, this post has gotten longer than intended, but in general, the event was a rousing success whatever the definition.  It burned a lot of stamina, and the majority of the FS community got involved.  But I think that it is fairly safe to assume that the insane kill count was more about individuals wanting to compete for the extra chests than it was about achieving something as a community, and I think that the major gripe is that there was a lack of information (which is a complaint that even those who are okay with the extra chests, have raised about other aspects of the game).

#115 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 22 April 2015 - 01:45

Or, folk could just see it as a nice gesture from BG because we slaughtered the total requirement for this Global Event.

Bottom line, some you win, some you lose..

Remember the fubar where Forn refilled everyones stamina ? - some players got 100K+ free stamina from that, others got little to nothing. Some won, some lost.

The reward chests from this GE are the best they have ever been - 5K kills (or, if you prefer, 1K bunnies) got you 3 chests that would, if bought in the AH, cost at least 200 fsp each.

Stop complaining folks ....

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#116 steveanaya

steveanaya

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 01:55

The extra chest at 15k kills was bogus!! Had we known we would receive and extra beforehand I'm certain 90% of people would have gone for it. As such it is an unfair advantage to those who got 15k kills+, versus those just shy of 15k. I move that either everyone who participated receive the extra chest, or no one does!! And for the cows it would be very wise to let us know beforehand about possible bonuses we could aim for. Action is needed by the cows to fix their error!!

Edited by steveanaya, 22 April 2015 - 01:57.

#117 kalish

kalish

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 02:08

I have since come around on this issue. In one past Mosquito event, Ruby tier wasn't actually achieved but Ruby pots were given out due to what was apparently a glitch. I had only done enough kills for Crystal because I waited until the last minute, realizing that Ruby tier was unattainable. I was upset afterwards, but I still got exactly what I expected and deserved. If others got more than they deserved, it doesn't hurt me.

I do disagree with the bonus reward precedent, though. Conditioning players to expect extra rewards for untold thresholds is dangerous.

One more thing: if the Shadow Bunnies weren't worth 5 kills, the total kill count (divided by 5) would not have been enough for Ruby. Given the awesome nature of the reward, I bet more people would have done more kills, but we shouldn't pat ourselves on the back too much. I like an earlier suggestion: only have the 1-kill critters drop frags, so people have to choose between high numbers of kills and more frags. I was able to get the best of both worlds, and while it benefits me personally, it isn't as satisfying from a game-balance perspective.

#118 bloody18

bloody18

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 03:38

FAIL!!!!!

Edited by bloody18, 22 April 2015 - 10:33.

#119 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 22 April 2015 - 03:57

One more thing: if the Shadow Bunnies weren't worth 5 kills, the total kill count (divided by 5) would not have been enough for Ruby.

That statement only holds true IF ...

EVERY player had used EVERY hit on the Shadow Bunnies

I very much doubt that was the case .....so, saying we weren't gonna get ruby otherwise is nothing but speculation.

Me ? - I suspect we would have, given the nature of the rewards on offer this time ..

#120 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 22 April 2015 - 04:27

The rewards are great. Be happy. So HCS surprised with a bonus gift. Be happy for those that got it. They deserve it. Some had no chance at top 100 but defying most logic, went 3x the "minimum"

I think HCS should keep making a surprise bonus without telling us the criteria. Maybe next time all players that make the top 100 after the first day get a bonus. Or some other random criteria. Keep us on our toes. those that did the 5k minimum got exactly what was expected. Be happy for those that won the surprise gift. Feel sad for those with 14k kills. :)

i kinda agree, a suprise is nice but hcs need stay firm that it wont always happen then those that honestly are helpful just having fun or just bored and clicking will sometimes get something extra, it would sometimes pay off to be not just stam conscious, i think that is the way to go, doesnt make sense to always be logical or we all wanna be spock? :P

tbh though, if you watch the top100 from beginning so many actually do go well above 5k in globals but dont really ever get close to top100 ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: