108 replies to this topic

#101 Calista

Calista

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 18:36

yep. it needs work, not counting the 25-250 brackets where most new players have joined and have no idea what they joined, the total players in the ladder is 39, 39 do you call that active ? and this is after new rewards and invents (that are trying to get arena players involved), but as pointed out by others- easy to get the arena items needed for pvpers( only gold needed and a setup, which most guilds have)- but arena players have to sacrifice xp, gold, stamina, lots and lots of time to get the pvp items needed- big difference

poll found majority wanted pvp items unbound for the reason above, been rejected even tho majority was 2 to 1 ( shakes head as to reasoning)

keep thinking you need xp loss and you will forever have 30-50 players in the real ladder brackets, but if that is considered active, then you have an active ladder and keep the xp loss

you had your seasons- most of the pvpers rejected it immediately and therefore back to the ladder, so now you want the seasons back ??  make up your minds

i ask again to all pvpers- what will generate lots of activity- and dont answer better rewards, you just had that and it is not working, think about why players do not join the ladder and go from there

No, I don't call the ladder active. But I also stand by the the stance it isn't suppose to be as active as leveling. Is titan hunting? Or SE hunting? Or the arena? Shall I continue?

They already tried unbinding the ladder rewards. It did not work. Hoof and Grim have said it would be detrimental to the game to do it again. Why keep bringing it up? Oh, because you like the idea? Hence the reason I made a suggestion based off the previous failed Season attempt. 

You're entitled to your opinion. I will stand by saying that xp loss belongs on the ladder. It's not suppose to be a cake walk. Never was. See the first part of this post.

Not all, but most people I talked with had an issue with being forced into the Seasons thing against their will, and/or the fact they no longer had any control over their response to attacks.  It wasn't just PvP players. I made a suggestion above that would easily fix both those issues. It's not perfect, but it's a start if we want the ladder to have any type of incentive to make it worth participating in.  Because that is where it is failing right now.

#102 johnagod

johnagod

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 September 2015 - 19:00

Maybe you guys could have a think about adding some decent arena sets that didn't require inventing? Make them 200 tokens a piece or something? I know most people don't save up their arena tokens because arena is expensive and sometimes you just need to sell your tokens to bring in funds to join more arenas :P If they were 200 tokens (i.e. 400/600 tokens per set), there wouldn't be a huge influx of them brought into the game (I don't think)... and arena tokens aren't as common now since they brought gold arenas back.

#103 bigchaos

bigchaos

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 September 2015 - 21:41

I will agree the pvp rewards are tad weak compared to gvg version but to have the awards same as seasons is rubbish.  The seasons update I participated in and found it not all that easy and the fact you had no control being on bb was pure exciting. I have no desire doing ladders it has nothing to do with prizes just no fun seeing a only a few players on there playing. The prizes should be based on players playing.  I figured if you get the players base playing like seasons number participating, then ladder gets prizes the same.  The token system is not really right either.  The reason so many upper guilds have a large supply of tokens ready to buy latest prizes whether or not they played the new ladder system.  I have no issues that they have such quantity of tokens I asked this can we get a prize system based on another form reward system.  Perhaps seeing overhaul of ladders and prize structure system will help bring players from other areas of game.  I like to see prizes upgraded some  to be comparable to other game areas of game, but not to seasons standards.   I find it disturbing those condemning seasons and protested wants those exact prizes bothers me.  If seasons was so bad why want those prizes?   In this players humble opinion from observation is if players demanding seasons prizes need to understand why players such as myself and others do not want to play ladders.  I understand seasons did not get proper roll out and affected some players in negative way, but I found seasons exciting having random bounties losing xp and the idea of hitting players at EOC and be able to win was fun.  :D

I would consider doing ladders if I thought it would be fun and exciting and I do not see that by having same old players and guilds dominating.  I miss a lot from seasons the ability of hitting upper players not easy but was possible to win.  I have the medal to prove it.  I will be looking forward doing ge with seasons and been asking when this will happen.  I will be reading these threads in hopes that hcs staff will make some kind of adjustments to ladder to make ladder fun again and incorporate the variety of players playing from different aspects of game like seasons did.  

I hope ladders can keep improving and yeah I like to see a change in arena with prize dispersal too. I miss getting some tokens when I win a round. I have noticed this has changed is it supposed to be like that or not.  Well thank you for letting post some thoughts and I hope we can get ladder and arena sorted out. :rolleyes:  

#104 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 22:12

Considering how very short each ladder is, yeah. I lost three levels but I confess, levels do not worry me overly. It's easy to earn them back. Stam used? Reasonable. Nothing monstrous. Still able to partake in other sections of the game if I wish. Pots? Yeah, I can see the use of pots building up a touch along with use of the buff market perhaps.

24-48 hrs is short huh? I'm curious what game aspect takes longer to play? I don't think there is one that is constant. You are basically always under threat of attack. So congrats on changing the standard of time, at least perceptually. And 3 levels lost. Sounds pretty good seeing you don't care about levels. You have a pretty good stam bank since you've been around a while. Like many aspects in the game it seems the amount of stam used has a direct correlation to how well you place on the Ladder. So a 2nd and a 3rd place finish over two resets doesn't sound too bad. I still think costs vs. rewards has a huge imbalance. With a little more skin in the Ladder it might show.

I do think I'll be re-suggesting that any player who actively attacks on the ladder should gain one point.

I'm so glad you see that problem. It's a major reason players are turned off to playing, along with mediocre rewards as well!

I did, yes. I have continued to play the ladder. It was fun and had a few good conversations with fellow ladder players about how to potentially tackle other stat setups. Was good.

Making the game fun and more inclusive should continue to be the developers goal. I hope this continues.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#105 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,879 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 September 2015 - 11:09

I'm so glad you see that problem. It's a major reason players are turned off to playing, along with mediocre rewards as well!

Gaining nothing for participation is an issue I feel, yes. As for "mediocre rewards", I do not see the most powerful sets in the game yet as mediocre but we can agree to disagree on that.

#106 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 14:20

As for "mediocre rewards", I do not see the most powerful sets in the game yet as mediocre but we can agree to disagree on that.

We can.

I think you believe that combining two mutually exclusive benefits, the added stat bonus from being crystal(negative offsetting that it breaks) and the small amount of stam gain(+3 for two pieces being used), makes the set "the most powerful sets in the game" but they aren't because there are alternatives that are much better. Epics allow +11 stam gain minimum and there is Legendary gear that is nearly as strong in stats that never breaks!

Since I think you designed these sets you might think they are the most powerful in the game. Trust me, few players are using them because they aren't. The mutually exclusive benefits don't work well together because if you want to gain stam you are going to use the best that is available to you. That certainly isn't the case in these sets. If you want  to use the best stats I would much rather forge, at an outrageous cost, a set that will never break and it will retain value like a Legendary set. You can even use each Legendary piece independently  to great advantage. To add insult to injury the durability is only 50 on this crystal. Let me put it this way, if these sets were FREE I wouldn't use them because of all the negatives they carry with them.

What you think is so powerful simply is not. The players know this. Now if you were to add a lot more stam gain and make them Legendary you would have something. Unless you change the way other sets in the game perform, like making them break, these new Ladder sets will continue to be inferior and few players will not try playing the Ladder to attain them.

Edited by sweetlou, 30 September 2015 - 14:23.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#107 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 14:43

now the arena and the ladder have the same set rewards, both have crystalline LE sets with stam gain

on ladder most use 100 stamina (from upgrades 1 fsp is 25 stamina, 100 stamina is 4 fsps)

in arena join cost is 50k gold (from MP 1 fsp is 200k gold)

with the same amount of 4 fsps you can enter the arena 16 times (4 fsps = 50k x 16) but you can only hit once on the ladder (not counting stamina for buffs)

the resources you put into the ladder are more than from the arena but the set rewards are the same, ridiculous

the arena is safer, costs less resources and no stamina, I might later start playing the arena instead of the ladder, wiser decision

first we get expensive ladder potions at 15 tokens, then they get reduced to 5 tokens (they will end up at 1 token)

I have not bought one, I will ask my guild mates to make me composing potions, it is cheaper from them than from the ladder

I saw BigGrim on the ladder today, he had 65 skills active, used 3 epic chests and for what?

the best reward you can get is 5 tokens

you spend a lot of stamina, 3 epic chests to buy 1 ladder potions if you get 5 tokens for 1 cloak potion or 1 barricade, ridiculous

if you do not end up in first place then you can not even buy 1 pvp potion for all your trouble

this above, pretty much explains why it will be hard to get arena players or any other player to join the ladders- not worth it, and you did not even include the amount of xp loss that could occur on the ladder- which most other players care about

#108 mary4ever

mary4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 15:17

3 Tokens actually. (5 now). I'm thinking to save them. Use them on some gear.

Considering how very short each ladder is, yeah. I lost three levels but I confess, levels do not worry me overly. It's easy to earn them back. Stam used? Reasonable. Nothing monstrous. Still able to partake in other sections of the game if I wish. Pots? Yeah, I can see the use of pots building up a touch along with use of the buff market perhaps.

from reading your posts in the forum & talking to players you have participated in the PvP ladder: (please check if they are correct and if not then please correct them, thanks)

• 3 ladder resets
  • got 5 PvP ladder tokens
  • lost 3 levels
  • used some normal potions
  • used some epic potions

@BigGrim: if you do not mind can you please give us some extra info on:

• how much stamina (estimation) you spent for 1 reset or better for 3 PvP ladder resets?
  • are you buying your buffs from buff market?
  • are you getting buffed from various players?
  • any additional info you can give

thanks again in advance for your time :)

3 players on iggy (1 troll & 2 players whose posts never make any sense)

#109 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 06:05

Gaining nothing for participation is an issue I feel, yes.

One more thing you might consider is giving Prestige points for EVERY attack on the Ladder. All players on it want to be there and have the expectation of losing xp. They EARN the prestige.

[Signature removed]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: