103 replies to this topic

#101 jzarashi

jzarashi

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:20

Hey Hoof,

How about adding some skills on the 600 tree? They're a bit thin there. only one buff each for offense, defense and special. Also one more buff on level 800 special tree would be nice.

Thanks.

#102 Savanc

Savanc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts
  • Badge
  • Netherlands

Posted 25 March 2013 - 13:28

Next week, we are planning to add the level 1600+ skills to the game.

We've made some tweaks to some of them since we last posted on the forum, so we would appreciate your feedback on them before they are added to the game.

Offense

Heavy Weight
Increases damage in combat by +0.025% per point providing you have at least 5,000 gold multiplied by your level in hand.
Completely and utterly insane amount of gold. (sorry to be so brass about it)
With 5k gold per level you make everyone who is using this buff a huge magnet for gold thieves.
[*:wx2hy054]A level 100 player with >500k,
[*:wx2hy054]a level 500 player with >2.5 million,
[*:wx2hy054]a level 1000 player with >5 million, and
[*:wx2hy054]a level 1650 player with >8.25 million in hand.The thing they have in common is that gold thieves will steal their gold faster than they can replenish it.
Even with PvP protection (so no XP is lost) people would be better off buying the "1% of a level" upgrades...
Better values for this buff would be:

Increases damage in combat by +0.05% or +0.075% per point providing you have at least 1,500 or 2,000 gold multiplied by your level in hand.

Allied Frenzy
Increases the level range that Assist works by +1 level per point.
I doubt it's a very useful buff. People who want to use Assist to the fullest will have only 1 Ally in their range, and he/she would be at full damage. Increasing the Ally range will make that harder.
For those who do not use that tactic on Assist will find it perhaps a little bit useful.

Armored Strike
+0.05% per point chance that your Armor stat is reduced to zero and your Damage is doubled. (PvE Only)
Shield Strike for the non-armor users. Not bad. :wink:

Defense

Anchored
0.05% per point Damage is added to HP.
HP is mostly a PvP thing. Since I seldom PvP I refrain from commenting. :wink:

Hardened
0.05% per point chance to prevent your opponent activating Shatter Armor.
Again no comment.

Armor Boost
+0.02% per point to your Armor for each complete set equipped.
I have the feeling a boost of 3.5% to armor (at level 175) isn't going to be very useful. But if it is a typo and it should say 0.2% then it is overpowered. :|
I would say +0.05% per point or +0.1% per point would be better. Then at level 175 it would give boosts of +8.75% or +17.5%.
Other than that, the buff is decent.

Special

Guild Buffer
+0.25% per point chance to reduce stamina cost of casting buffs on guild members by 50% (rounding up).
I assume it works with Buff Master. But how does it work if both activate?

Buff Master   Guild Buffer     Effect
    No            No            100%
    Yes           No            50%
    No            Yes           50%
    Yes           Yes        50%? 25%? 0%?
I could imagine that you guys code it so that Buff Master subtracts 50% of the base stamina used, and Guild Buffer subtracts another 50% of the base stamina used, so it will be 0% ("100%" minus "50%" minus "50%" = 0%).
I could also imagine that you guys code it so that Buff Master subtracts 50% of the base stamina used, and Guild Buffer subtracts another 50% of the new amount of stamina used (after Buff Master), so it will be 25% ("100%" minus "50%" minus "50% of 50%" = 25%).
I could also imagine that you guys code it so that Buff Master turns the stamina used into 50% of the base stamina, and Guild Buffer will also turn the stamina used into 50% of the base stamina (regardless whether Buff Master activated), so it will be 50% ("100%" minus "50%" minus "50% of 50%" = 25%).
So how will it work? :wink:
I would think the 25% if both kick in will be best.

Epic Craft
+0.5% per point increase to crafted stat bonuses.
The Epic Forge version on crafts. It will be a very nice buff.
But please explain in the buff description that people who are going to craft items do not need to use it. It will save a lot of confusion.

Gold Foot
0.05% per point chance to consume 5,000 gold from your hand instead of 1 stamina while moving.
So people will be getting this buff in the hopes of exchanging 125k gold for 25 stamina saved? You can already buy 25 stamina with 1 FSP, so it's basically a way of saving 1 FSP while paying 125k gold.
Considering people have to buff themselves or buy it from someone, this buff will only be useful for those who walk a lot AND at the same time value their stamina highly (which most players don't).
At this cost per stamina saved I doubt it will be a useful buff for many players. :|
A better amount would be:

0.1% per point chance to consume 2,000 gold from your hand instead of 1 stamina while moving.
That way it activates a bit more so the buff will be also useful for the people who are walking a little bit less, and the amount of gold spent will be more in line with what a fair share of the FS population thinks their stamina is worth.

Gathering  Crystal Cutting 49 | Farming 49 | Fishing 49 | Foraging 49 | Forestry 49 | Prospecting 49 | Skinning 49
Crafting  Alchemy 49 | Armorsmithing 49 | Cooking 49 | Jewelry 49 | Leatherworking 49 | Tailoring 49 | Weaponsmithing 49
First person to have maxed them cool.png

Characters (all level 49)
Prophet    
Savanc       Savavita              Savavimala               Mage          Savanhildur    Savashengli    Savahathor
Warrior  
Savy           Savanikomachos   Savafionnchadh       Assassin   Savalina         Savajahangir
Ranger      Savakainda  Savatakoda         Savaraxka               Templar   Savastanislav  Savasegolene

#103 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 25 March 2013 - 14:00

Hoping to have the skills live later today :)

Cool, will there be any change to this skills tree and numbers after reading our opinions ? :)

Yeah - several changes :)

#104 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 25 March 2013 - 16:54

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=109143

:)