Lack of new players and players leaving. WHY?

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#101 021962

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 968 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 August 2009 - 14:20

The game review sites are a good way to get the word out. Most allow comments on a players experience with a game. I have been hesitant to mention this because with the current feelings around. It might not help draw players. But an honest review of how interesting the game is, awesome graphics, works better with the scripts that are available and slow content release. Might not hurt as long as the opinion was dealt more on the positive aspect of the game rather the the negative.

#102 Removed4427

Removed4427

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,400 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 14:41

with the current situation being what it is, we must also consider the possibility this game will shut down

when i log on now, i expect to see a screen saying

"game has ended, no refunds, sorry for the inconvenience"

this theory is based on the decline in frequency of new content

which used to be every 2, 3 weeks - enough time for an active player to go through 10 levels

currently it's been 5+ weeks since the last update

course, it's just a theory

this why mt last donations have been at the minimum level, rather than the usual maximum

#103 ss_conquerer7

ss_conquerer7
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2009 - 14:53

with the current situation being what it is, we must also consider the possibility this game will shut down

when i log on now, i expect to see a screen saying

"game has ended, no refunds, sorry for the inconvenience"

this theory is based on the decline in frequency of new content

which used to be every 2, 3 weeks - enough time for an active player to go through 10 levels

currently it's been 5+ weeks since the last update

course, it's just a theory

this why mt last donations have been at the minimum level, rather than the usual maximum

People have always overestimated content wait time. 5+ weeks is 35 days, we've waited less than that. And so far, the wait for this content isn't much worse than the waits we've had before, though every time around people seem to forget how slow it was last time, and moan that this time around content is much, much slower.

Levels 90-100: 26 day wait.
Levels 100-110: 23 day wait.
Levels 110-120: 27 day wait.
Levels 120-130: 15 day wait. (!)
Levels 130-140: 23 day wait.
Levels 140-150: 29 day wait, so far.

On just about every single time, I've seen players moan that content was so much faster last time, while it really hasn't been. The first 50 levels were indeed faster but that's to be expected, every since around level 80 content has always taken around the same amount of time.

#104 centurion

centurion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 14:57

agree on content time. 3-4 week has been the norm. over 4 week is unusual but not with vacation. The question is whether SS2 can have success of FS with more content and time. that will decide the future of this game. Summer time is really bad time to judge anyway. Number of online gamers drops in summer as people go on vacation and so on. also, the content will slow due to same constraints. We will have better idea by Christmas. variety of content to flesh the game out will really help. and if you want to draw in younger players, PVP opportunity has to be better.

#105 Removed4427

Removed4427

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,400 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 15:32

ya, i was adding in the days of this weekend - i don't remember stuff ever coming out on a weekend

this coming week will be 5+ weeks

#106 021962

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 968 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 August 2009 - 12:56

this thread is very depressing.

Guess I will ask the question again.......So what is HCS planning to do to bring in more players? :roll:

Just in case HCS missed the question. Here it is again!

#107 ss_loudog

ss_loudog
  • Guests

Posted 03 August 2009 - 15:26

The first 50 levels were indeed faster but that's to be expected, every since around level 80 content has always taken around the same amount of time.

Yes, far too long!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: