#101 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 03 November 2013 - 11:13

I was awaiting a response from HCS, which is why I started my post with Dear HCS, not you giving your opinion and driving players away from the forum.

I vote for a forum cooldown from everyone who slams down an idea before HCS comment on it. We don't want your individual reasons why not, we want HCS to consider all thoughts and ideas.

Funny how you just slam MY response, yet others are exactly the same LOL. And what is with this "driving players away from the forum" drivel ?? 

You, I and ANYONE else is entitled to post an opinion on ANY subject as long as it doesn't contradict HCS's rules. Until THEY censure me, I'll continue posting exactly how and when I wish.

Edited by Pardoux, 03 November 2013 - 11:14.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#102 Grimwald

Grimwald

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 11:53

Cooldown means other guilds got a chance of killing that titan. There are more Titans out there too. If HCS changed it to individual members cooldown, it would mean that certain guilds would just send teams of their members to the Titan, secure that Titan and send another team to secure the next one.  Simple solution, split up your guild and get smaller guilds. It will increase the chance of securing that titan for you. :)

But to be honest, I think those season titans should run for at least an month, giving more players the chance of hitting them.. I am not sure what that means for the market for those drops, but thats not a big problem. Even with one month they will be out way less then other titans.

#103 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 12:58

Tanks for a great event, HCS. And with the benefit of hindsight, I can now see that you pitched it well for difficulty.

#104 Saxon

Saxon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 13:19

Cooldown means other guilds got a chance of killing that titan. There are more Titans out there too. If HCS changed it to individual members cooldown, it would mean that certain guilds would just send teams of their members to the Titan, secure that Titan and send another team to secure the next one.  Simple solution, split up your guild and get smaller guilds. It will increase the chance of securing that titan for you. :)

But to be honest, I think those season titans should run for at least an month, giving more players the chance of hitting them.. I am not sure what that means for the market for those drops, but thats not a big problem. Even with one month they will be out way less then other titans.

Which defeats the purpose of having guilds in a game which is designed for guilds  *facepalm*

#105 aliadnan12

aliadnan12

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 374 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 November 2013 - 14:53

More chest(s) for extra kills on the global critters ? Would be super nice

#106 Hagg

Hagg

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 17:07

BG and the rest of HCS gang.  Thanks for this AWESOME event.  You have all worked really hard this year to give FS as much as I can remember in my three years.  I want you to know that I appreciate what you do.  I can not wait to see everything else you will give us the rest of the year and into 2014. 

On another topic please think about brining PvPing back into the game more.  It is not what I enjoy playing but there are ways I can deal with it.  I feel that it will bring some players back into the game and bring some new players in. 

Ok  my two cents has been spent.

Thanks again HCS

Whydha

#107 DeadParrot

DeadParrot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 November 2013 - 19:26

Dear HCS,

I was online via phone most of the time the last few days and therefore couldn't join in with the seasonal titans. Now both the Gurgriss and Tommy titans have been secured by my fellow guild mates I am, along with 80 other active players in FFS blocked from taking part in the titan event which I believe finishes in 2 weeks from the start date.

Cooldown on the everyday titans is one thing, even if I personally don't like it, but cooldown on seasonal titans blocks a large proportion of players from taking part in the entire game on offer.

The online players figure ranges from 350 - 800 depending on the time of day, if 80 active players are in FFS and blocked from the event then 10% of the game can't participate in the event, which is a significant amount of the active player base. This is just an example of one guild and as other guilds get a secure then the players who were not online at the right time, with time on their hands to hunt the titans that time are also blocked from the event.

At present three guilds are now on cooldown from the Gurgriss Titan which constitutes *about* 180 ACTIVE players = 22.5% of the active players in the game.

I look forward to hearing back from HCS on their thoughts on this :)

First off, I just finished the new quest and added some extra global kills for the fun of it.  Great event, especially coupled with the Guy Fawkes event, well done BigGrim and gang.

A couple comments on the above post...

1) At this time, 15 members of FFS are online, with a total of 828 online.  If my calculator is working correctly, that is 1.8%. And taking the 80 FFSers into account, the total population is not the 828 online, its a larger figure as total population is not on at the same time.  As others have noted, the cooldown gives other guilds a chance to secure.  FFS still has the size and resource advantage. 

2) If you are on the phone the whole event, I will assume it is due to employment; you are a valuable employee, well done.  But are we to adjust the whole game for your schedule as your guildmates went ahead and secured a titan?  This was a rather odd posting.

Again, great job HCS, looking forward to XMAS!

DP

Swearing, even starred out, is not acceptable on the forums. Cheers!

#108 Saxon

Saxon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 19:37

I will repeat myself again

Its not just my schedule, there are players throughout the game that now cannot enjoy the event in it entirety. The game should not be changed at all for a single player, but for hundreds of players affected by cooldown. I am not even suggesting cooldown be amended for the titans that appear all year round, but just for the seasonal titans.

Add cooldown to the players, not the guild. This is a guild based game and a guild is penalised for a few members or a single member securing a titan drop.

Just because there were 18 members online at that time, when the other players log in, they might be lucky enough to see a new SEASONAL titan appear but again, can't even attempt it. This isn't just FFS, this is all guild members of any guild who secured the titan.

#109 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 03 November 2013 - 20:03

But your guild was lucky enough to obtain an item oldskool.

Won't you just be able to use that item when you need to?

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#110 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 20:04

I will repeat myself again

Its not just my schedule, there are players throughout the game that now cannot enjoy the event in it entirety. The game should not be changed at all for a single player, but for hundreds of players affected by cooldown. I am not even suggesting cooldown be amended for the titans that appear all year round, but just for the seasonal titans.

Add cooldown to the players, not the guild. This is a guild based game and a guild is penalised for a few members or a single member securing a titan drop.

Just because there were 18 members online at that time, when the other players log in, they might be lucky enough to see a new SEASONAL titan appear but again, can't even attempt it. This isn't just FFS, this is all guild members of any guild who secured the titan.

Why not work it out within guild? Tell each player not to hit it more then 100 times. Voila! Everyone gets to participate :)

#111 Grimwald

Grimwald

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 20:46

Which defeats the purpose of having guilds in a game which is designed for guilds  *facepalm*

It does not. But I think that due to the decreased playerbase, the size of some of the guilds is just too high. If we have 5000 players online constantly, then a guild with 80 active members doesn't impact the game at much. But if we have 800 active players online (which we often don't have) then a guild with 80 active members got a huge effect on the rest of the game. The cooldown was introduced to make sure that other, less organized guilds, has also an chance on securing titans.

#112 Saxon

Saxon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 22:15

Why not work it out within guild? Tell each player not to hit it more then 100 times. Voila! Everyone gets to participate :)

Quite simply - If everyone was online 24/7 then that would work, but this is a game and we all have lives and jobs outside the game.

#113 Saxon

Saxon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 22:21

But your guild was lucky enough to obtain an item oldskool.

Won't you just be able to use that item when you need to?

Its not about using the item, its about being able to take part in the event which many players across the game now cannot do due to a week long cooldown on the seasonal titans.

#114 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 03 November 2013 - 23:05

Its not about using the item, its about being able to take part in the event which many players across the game now cannot do due to a week long cooldown on the seasonal titans.

But titans are a guild event, your guild has already met their quota.

If titans were a personal thing I'd be more inclined to agree with you.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#115 MummRa

MummRa

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:58

Evidently penalising a significant proportion of the game (a whole guild) from taking part in the game is NOT working.

Place cooldown on the players that hunted the titan which caused the cooldown to activate.

I was awaiting a response from HCS, which is why I started my post with Dear HCS, not you giving your opinion and driving players away from the forum.

I vote for a forum cooldown from everyone who slams down an idea before HCS comment on it. We don't want your individual reasons why not, we want HCS to consider all thoughts and ideas.

As I previously mentioned; I do believe this was addressed last year, when the same request was brought up around this time.  Just like it will probably come up again next year, if not sooner (winter seasonal titan)... Which brings to mind another point.  We have a Winter and an Autumn seasonal titan why not a Summer and Spring seasonal?

#116 onray24

onray24

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:02

lets get rid of the cool down so small guilds and slower players cant hit good plan there

#117 berneanu

berneanu

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:16

just a though - when u search UFSG for mashing mallow mits u get this result

Player Equipped Total: 17     Player Backpack Total: 11     Guild Inventory Total: 7

because this year he was only spawned and killed 3 times and he is only available 2 years now what does this tell us? come on - only 3 spawns in a week is rather absurd - it has been 2 days since no seasonal titan spawned - we have all year to hunt for venoxa/ wazargh / ogalith - i`m just giving voice to what is on every titan hunter`s lips - give us our seasonal fun - dont want to seem ungrateful - i enjoied the global - got my ruby tier and all - i enjoied the LE got me a few sets from them also to use/sell whatever - but we have all been expecting the titans and they are a no show - imo this hole event deserves a 5 out of 10 points :(

#118 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,827 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 November 2013 - 11:45

Dear HCS,

Cooldown on the everyday titans is one thing, even if I personally don't like it, but cooldown on seasonal titans blocks a large proportion of players from taking part in the entire game on offer.

I look forward to hearing back from HCS on their thoughts on this :)

With Seasonal Titans being limited, Cooldown is even more important. Your GUILD got the secure in a GUILD activity. You are on cooldown. Now the other Guilds get a chance. Then, if they secure EVEN MORE Guilds get a chance to partake in a seasonal GUILD event. Seasonal Titans will keep cooldown so that the huge Guilds cannot dominate and control these limited creatures.

Cooldown should affect the players involved in the secure not the entire guild.

Nope, because then big Guilds dominate the Seasonal Titans. Not gonna happen.  Also, when players are relaying what we have said countless times, play nice. Having a go at them because they've said EXACTLY what they knew HCS would say is not acceptable. 

But, but, but! Where the frig is Michael Myers? The opitome of Halloween Horror. I see Jason Voorhees but no Boogey Man.

Deathmask (Legendary)

22640c16d9f603bc43fa62ab86ff535a468b.jpg

Deathmask was made from stitched up bodies by the infamous Doctor Morbidstein, the corpse would serve in an experiment where a cursed deathmask Would be placed upon the body. A rune upon the Mask begun to glow and silently the corpse rose from death, apparently under the the control of some murdering spirit trapped within the cursed deathmask. Time would see Deathmask escaping the dungeons and roaming the world, silently stalking and killing those he had marked for death... 

Level: 560+

Michael is here.

#119 dragon1234

dragon1234

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 November 2013 - 14:30

Why arent seasonal titans similar to global events where its 1 spawn and the number of kills per guild is recorded. Some kind of formula to determine the amount of TKP that can be gotten from those kills and at the end of 2 weeks the TKP bonus is given as it is now and whatever the TKP gotten can be spend on the items. Everyone can participate and there wont be any monopoly of the items.

dragon1234 - Ranger - lv 45

NoExercise - Tank - lv 45

DragonStorage - Storage - lv 13

#120 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,827 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 November 2013 - 14:38

Why arent seasonal titans similar to global events where its 1 spawn and the number of kills per guild is recorded. Some kind of formula to determine the amount of TKP that can be gotten from those kills and at the end of 2 weeks the TKP bonus is given as it is now and whatever the TKP gotten can be spend on the items. Everyone can participate and there wont be any monopoly of the items.

Because Cooldown works perfectly well and prevents monopoly or flooding of items. It shall not be changed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: