• Please log in to reply
149 replies to this topic

#101 justinian9

justinian9

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 23:19

This could be another way to sink some gold/fsp in the game - make purchases of mercs increase as you purchase more/higher tiers of them. 

I think we need to be careful on using hiring mercs as a gold sink... upper level crews do not require Mercs that often so the gold being sunk will be coming from those that can least afford it. 

Edited by justinian9, 03 December 2014 - 23:20.

#102 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 03 December 2014 - 23:43

Just give me some bigger mercs so I MIGHT be able to kill those super beasts I'm so afraid of :)

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#103 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,398 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 21:21

I'm also considering allowing each Guild to have their own copy of the Merc, thereby stopping the Merc camping and allowing everyone equal access.

yes, please, like the way it's done in Sigmastorm2 

#104 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 31 December 2014 - 21:47

bump so as not to be forgotten

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#105 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 01:11

Big Guy, where are our new improved mercs.  Frogling Brave needs a promotion, and he should have definitely leveled up by now..... 

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#106 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 January 2015 - 05:03

Frogling Brave needs a promotion, and he should have definitely leveled up by now..... 

Maybe he likes staying at the same level.  ;)

#107 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 21:50

Maybe he likes staying at the same level.  ;)

Or, maybe he did level, and got deleveled?

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#108 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 21 January 2015 - 17:28

*surreptitiously pushes to the front of the queue again and sidles off, un-noticed*

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#109 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,818 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 January 2015 - 18:03

Oh, you were noticed. Swine. :P

Worry not. I have various notes for this which I'll get to soon enough.

#110 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 21 January 2015 - 18:51

Remember old Davvy the scally-wag pirate needs a tune up ;)

oh and the Frogling Brave :P

#111 Nikita90

Nikita90

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 20:15

I honestly think guild mercs has become useless. items and buffs have become so powerful that in very few situations would smaller guild ever need mercs. in the larger guilds, most of the time mercs are completely forgotten 

#112 vlkfenrir

vlkfenrir

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 20:18

I honestly think guild mercs has become useless. items and buffs have become so powerful that in very few situations would smaller guild ever need mercs. in the larger guilds, most of the time mercs are completely forgotten 

I have to agree. I see using merc only usefull in case You do not want to risk losing Your kill streak. Other than that it is much easier to take the big bad creatures solo.

#113 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 21 January 2015 - 20:32

I have to agree. I see using merc only usefull in case You do not want to risk losing Your kill streak. Other than that it is much easier to take the big bad creatures solo.

Both of you are in guilds with multiple relics, one more than the other, admittedly.

The relics you have give you pretty darn good stat boosts. Not all guilds can get relics.

I'm looking at the bigger picture here - the mercs are outdated with FAR too many being of low level and next to useless stats.

Some guilds need mercs more often than others and should be able to find useful ones instead of a merc offering 20% of 172 Attack (Dwarf Veteran) for instance ..

#114 vlkfenrir

vlkfenrir

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 21:18

Both of you are in guilds with multiple relics, one more than the other, admittedly.

The relics you have give you pretty darn good stat boosts. Not all guilds can get relics.

I'm looking at the bigger picture here - the mercs are outdated with FAR too many being of low level and next to useless stats.

Some guilds need mercs more often than others and should be able to find useful ones instead of a merc offering 20% of 172 Attack (Dwarf Veteran) for instance ..

As far as the relics go - yes the stat boost is nice but it does apply for solo combat just as well as for group. I was trying to point out that is usually easier/better to use solo attack instead of group because of certain buffs (and that does not really depend on relic stat boost).

But I am not going to argue about it, You have a point there.

Just to make it clear I am all for adding or even better improving the mercs. I can see that there are players who need or preffer groups for certain fights.

#115 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,398 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 21:41

...adding...

1. increase max mercs to 3/3

2. 1000s of fsp sink from game

3. ?????

4. profit!!!

#116 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 21 January 2015 - 23:21

As far as the relics go - yes the stat boost is nice but it does apply for solo combat just as well as for group. I was trying to point out that is usually easier/better to use solo attack instead of group because of certain buffs (and that does not really depend on relic stat boost).

But I am not going to argue about it, You have a point there.

Just to make it clear I am all for adding or even better improving the mercs. I can see that there are players who need or preffer groups for certain fights.

I'd agree that some critters (the main ones being the 2 x L1600 SE's needed as part of a quest) are, because of the nature of groups and buffs working together (or not working together), easier to take out solo than with a group.

Glad we're on the same page about upgrading or adding to mercs :)

#117 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 09 March 2015 - 20:17

Is it soon enough yet ? ;)

#118 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 31 March 2015 - 11:42

I'd be happy enough to look over the Mercs and boost the stats of some of the weaker ones. I just have a lot I'm working on at the mo. Events (Quango Island), new Arena prizes (will open a thread for that soon.) and new GRP prizes (will open a thread for that soon too). Various other odds and end as well as keeping Support up to date.

I still intend on looking at the Mercs. At this point, the Champion types simply seem worthless. What about upgrading them all to be the same rough power level?

That's kinda what I'm leaning towards at the mo. Power of the Merc is something I can alter easily enough. Considering several code tweaks like the one above.

I'm also considering allowing each Guild to have their own copy of the Merc, thereby stopping the Merc camping and allowing everyone equal access.

I know I keep harping on about it, but I raised this post back in June last year, and you've been on-board with the idea since August of last year.

How long does it actually take to "merely" bump the stats up by a factor of "x" - whatever X may be.

I know there's a LOT of stuff theoretically going on there, but this, from your comment above "Power of the Merc is something I can alter easily enough", then, isn't this a 5 minute job ?

#119 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,818 posts
  • Badge

Posted 31 March 2015 - 11:58

I can easily alter the power of a merc but the idea grew a bit where to ensure that Mercs were available to all Guilds at all levels which means I need some code implemented. Once I have that, it ought to be a piece of cake to alter Mercs.

#120 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 31 March 2015 - 19:35

I can easily alter the power of a merc but the idea grew a bit where to ensure that Mercs were available to all Guilds at all levels which means I need some code implemented. Once I have that, it ought to be a piece of cake to alter Mercs.

Then can we stick to the original plan ?

1. Prune out the lower level mercs so that there is roughly the same number of mercs / level band

2. Add new higher level mercs

3. Boost the stats of all existing mercs

My concern is, that with having to wait for code, it'll NEVER get done...

Edited by Pardoux, 31 March 2015 - 21:19.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: