• This topic is locked This topic is locked
199 replies to this topic

#101 smileynirv

smileynirv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 00:54

Bate and switch with the medals in the middle of an event ! SERIOUS! 

Many of us have dropped major stam, FSP, frags,arena tokens in other words GAME CURRENCY,,,, and to obtain what ... A medal that may no longer exist?? 

You put a game in front of us to play and we play it. But you put a goal in front of us to reach ,than say you may strip it away .. in the middle of an event?

I have to laugh at the joke you made of me and anyone trying to be the best at anything in this game! 

I am expecting reserve stam, FSP, frags, 6+ levels,  guild mates stam who buffed me returned to them, potions and arena tokens that I feel I was duped into spending, and thus wasted, on a worthless event returned to me as well as an apology for providing us this one off effing sink!!!!!! 

Thats all this has been is one big joke of  a sink! 

Wanted to add ..
..and Im fine with reverting back to the old system .. not fine with what has transpired as what I see as a one off SINK!

i didn't even participate and i lost levels. everyone was hurt by this back and forth shenanigans.

Edited by BigGrim, 11 August 2015 - 10:18.
Swearing in quote.

#102 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 11 August 2015 - 00:56

Bounty hunter xp loss on the board should remain. It added a bit more of excitement to the whole *dance*.

#103 Etlebrook

Etlebrook

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Badge
  • Canada

Posted 11 August 2015 - 00:57

You said it yourself !! You didn't know anything about PvP so why should you ruin it for people who know it and love it ?

Please reread the post. I voted a NULL vote. It should not have been counted in with the yes or the no. How you think that ruined the game? I had hoped that if more of us had voted Null, the cows may have stepped back and actually asked for true responses to the new PvP. Again, explain how this would ruin the game? I actually was starting to get interested in the PvP element because of some of the changes, but was just trying to read more of the reactions of people like you who I consider to have more experience.....  Please don't jump down my throat. I was trying to actually be fair.....

#104 clock96

clock96

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 August 2015 - 00:57

Please do not react to Flame Baiting.

Edited by BigGrim, 11 August 2015 - 10:18.

clock96.gif

#105 clock96

clock96

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 August 2015 - 01:00

No, Guild V. Player is back real PvP died a long time ago.  HCS at least keep Bounty Hunter XP loss on the Bounty Board.

There is nothing called GvP, cuz the other player has got guild too if he needs backup or something and its their own problem that his guild is afriad from PvPing, on the other thing I agree with you, bounty hunter should lose XP too, I don't mind that btw :)

clock96.gif

#106 clock96

clock96

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 August 2015 - 01:03

Please reread the post. I voted a NULL vote. It should not have been counted in with the yes or the no. How you think that ruined the game? I had hoped that if more of us had voted Null, the cows may have stepped back and actually asked for true responses to the new PvP. Again, explain how this would ruin the game? I actually was starting to get interested in the PvP element because of some of the changes, but was just trying to read more of the reactions of people like you who I consider to have more experience.....  Please don't jump down my throat. I was trying to actually be fair.....

don't take my qoute as attacking you or anything btw :) I am just saying that this option was made for people who don't know PvP, if you don't count them and see the yes or no percentage the no still wins so.....

clock96.gif

#107 Rocknoor

Rocknoor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 11 August 2015 - 01:03

And for the people who were saying that the new BB was more fun, yeah right lol, let me explain it to you

OLD BB as a the one on board: you used to fight hard once you get on board trying to prevent yourself from getting knocked 5 levels down maybe get 10 stams at some point ? It had adrenaline lol and you didn't ever know how much you will lose, losing levels was fun back then!!

OLD BB bounty hunter: it was harder and more fun as you were sometimes "dancing" with your opponent, you were forced to complete the whole bounty as fast as you can before anyone else to get the reward also you risked being counter bountied.

I think you're confusing the past BB with the one from 2011...no one "danced" the last "old" Bounty Board as there was no point, you could not cost the Hunter XP on a Hunter loss and only allowed more of your own XP loss by prolonging a fight and allowing more player to hit you until one of them got to 10 kills.. The Bounty Board will again revert to the wasteland that it was before this update. This is a huge "win" for the Guild v. Player format of the game and a complete cave-in by the Administrators.  If 2036 votes is the sum total of players in this game then FS has a much bigger participation  problem than I thought. 

#108 clock96

clock96

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 August 2015 - 01:09

I think you're confusing the past BB with the one from 2011...no one "danced" the last "old" Bounty Board as there was no point, you could not cost the Hunter XP on a Hunter loss and only allowed more of your own XP loss by prolonging a fight and allowing more player to hit you until one of them got to 10 kills.. The Bounty Board will again revert to the wasteland that it was before this update. This is a huge "win" for the Guild v. Player format of the game and a complete cave-in by the Administrators.  If 2036 votes is the sum total of players in this game then FS has a much bigger participation  problem than I thought.

Actually I am not confused I meant it, there was dancing in the last board, there wasn't XP loss for the hunter for sure but there was cause no one wanted to start a bounty and quit it even if it means changing your setups with your opponents to make it and make it fast

clock96.gif

#109 Kbyte

Kbyte

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 01:22

Now that it will be possible again to build pvp prestige on normal pvp, it would be also an good idea to rethink pvp ranges to allow players to be able to have more players in range to build pvp prestige.

Maybe: Content_level/100 => (can be round down) 

By now it is 2600/100 = 26 level ranges up and down [to allow player to get pvp prestige from more players - sometimes it is tought to build it attacking only 4~6 player during 2 months whenever possible to gain pvp prestige to get 10% with long duration].

Or that within players level at least (the higher the players level not on EOC the harder it is to have players on range)

Player 1430/100 = 14.3 (round down to 14 level range up and down). [when I was level 1400 it was already difficult to have an reasonable amount of players on range to build pvp prestige]

Player 900/100 = 9 (but keeping minimum as 10 level range up and down)

Player 2160/100 = 21.6 (round down to 21 level range up and down)

If the community thinks an maximum to be set, it is all good too (but I think max should be at least 20 level range up and down to allow pvp prestige to be build faster [or 25])

Edited by Kbyte, 11 August 2015 - 01:33.

#110 Rocknoor

Rocknoor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 01:38

Actually I am not confused I meant it, there was dancing in the last board, there wasn't XP loss for the hunter for sure but there was cause no one wanted to start a bounty and quit it even if it means changing your setups with your opponents to make it and make it fast

Clock96 you're argument might carry some weight if in the 6 years that you have been playing this game you had more than a Bronze Bounty Hunter medal crediting you with a "least" 50 bounty hunter kills although under the new medal system it shows 500 kills. As all I've ever seen you wear is guild gear belonging to WK I'm not sure how much  "dancing" that you could have possibly done.  If your stamina upgrades are indicative of your BP upgrades then you wouldn't have the room to have multiple combat setups.

#111 Melons

Melons

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 01:45

So, is there any point on dropping stam in the titan league now, unless you are trying to get first?

Also, I didn't appose the seasons update as much as the bounty board update. In my opinion, the seasons could have been a viable system with a few tweaks here and there. I think the main backlash  was the fact the bounty board and normal PvP was reworked as a whole, when we were told it was only the PvP ladder. 

Edited by Melons, 11 August 2015 - 01:45.

#112 clock96

clock96

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 August 2015 - 02:14

Clock96 you're argument might carry some weight if in the 6 years that you have been playing this game you had more than a Bronze Bounty Hunter medal crediting you with a "least" 50 bounty hunter kills although under the new medal system it shows 500 kills. As all I've ever seen you wear is guild gear belonging to WK I'm not sure how much "dancing" that you could have possibly done. If your stamina upgrades are indicative of your BP upgrades then you wouldn't have the room to have multiple combat setups.

actually I have room for a couple of sets to exchange between but not a lot, also I haven't actually played the game for 6 years, for some RL reasons I used to be acgive for like 5 months per year in the last few years, also I am not saying that I am the greatest bounty hunter, I only bounty hunt for fun or for reasons as I am not always checkong the bounty board, I like checking the find player page more if you know what I mean :P

Edit: in my posts I don't talk about myself only, I talk about other players too

Edited by clock96, 11 August 2015 - 02:17.

clock96.gif

#113 mary4ever

mary4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 02:27

You can't add stuff in when they neglect it for years... Enough tokens in game combined with omacraz to destroy anything they release...Come on now use some common sense they won't work. I get what your saying...But if they are gonna do that it has to be from the get-go.

I could flip your arguement and say the same should apply to GvG rewards too when they are going to add new rewards for GvG too !!!

if all ladder tokens should be worthless then all RP from GvG should be worthless too !!!

do not you agree?

BUT I would like to follow Nappehs example: STOP TAKING AWAY FROM PLAYERS ........

everyone had the chance to get pvp ladder tokens AS did everyone have the chance to get RP from GvG !!!

IMO those who did not get any or a few only have themselves to blame, they had the opportunity but they choose not to of their own free will !!!

• HCS gave us 2 chances to join the PvP season (think about 2 weeks in total or a bit less), those who missed it or did not join (like me) will have a chance to participate in the PvP Global event to earn the epic chests and the new medal or maybe from the PvP ladder as rewards
  • there are some asking for "compensation" because they spent a lot of stamina & resources, for gods sake you got an EPIC CHEST that can be opened 12 times => 12 EPIC POTIONS as rewards !!! these 12 EPIC POTIONS are more than enough, usually I spend about 40k-50k stamina to get 3-5 EPIC POTIONS during a global event, you got 12 EPIC POTIONS, players like me who spent years on an active PvP ladder, lost hundreds of levels, spent numerous resources (stamina, fsps, potions, time, ...) should be going crazy!!! we spent A LOT more than anyone has on the pvp season over the years on the PvP ladder and the rewards combined do not even come close to ONE single EPIC POTION !!!
  • PvP rewards were promised first, then ARENA rewards BUT they released ARENA rewards 1st and said they would release the PvP rewards later, unfortunately we never saw any PvP rewards sad.png Nappeh is right with what he said about PvP rewards being promised but not delivered, ask HCS they know it too !!!

Edited by mary4ever, 11 August 2015 - 02:29.

3 players on iggy (1 troll & 2 players whose posts never make any sense)

#114 Raku

Raku

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 02:40

I find it amusing you based your decision off of 48% of the total voters when you haven't even given the new system a chance. I think players need to be given more time to get a feel for the new system, and make a few more adjustments to the new system before you decide to change it back.

You also disregard a portion of your voters and or add that portion into what ever category you want. Why was a third option given if it didn't matter to begin with? I personally voted I didn't care. Reason being the new system actually had me somewhat interested in pvp for this game, however if the majority of players wanted to switch back to the old system then so be it. I'm sorry but 48% of voters is not a majority. You say but purely looking at the yes and no's and its 65% then you shouldn't haven given the third option.

#115 smileynirv

smileynirv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 02:58

I find it amusing you based your decision off of 48% of the total voters when you haven't even given the new system a chance. I think players need to be given more time to get a feel for the new system, and make a few more adjustments to the new system before you decide to change it back.

You also disregard a portion of your voters and or add that portion into what ever category you want. Why was a third option given if it didn't matter to begin with? I personally voted I didn't care. Reason being the new system actually had me somewhat interested in pvp for this game, however if the majority of players wanted to switch back to the old system then so be it. I'm sorry but 48% of voters is not a majority. You say but purely looking at the yes and no's and its 65% then you shouldn't haven given the third option.

everyone wants too vote. some are willing to throw their vote away saying that they participated in the vote. YAY I VOTED!!!

#116 Algoa

Algoa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 03:04

Clock96 you're argument might carry some weight if in the 6 years that you have been playing this game you had more than a Bronze Bounty Hunter medal crediting you with a "least" 50 bounty hunter kills although under the new medal system it shows 500 kills. As all I've ever seen you wear is guild gear belonging to WK I'm not sure how much  "dancing" that you could have possibly done.  If your stamina upgrades are indicative of your BP upgrades then you wouldn't have the room to have multiple combat setups.

Howdy Rock,

I'm sure you would agree that I, and many other WK's have not only been around long enough, but also have the pvp experience/reputation/character upgrades to speak on this subject inteligently. I can assure you I STILL danced on the BB up unitl these changes. There were also many other players who danced with me when clearing them. I also was a quite regular participant on my ladder, as many players in my range can tell you ;) Many of us still had a lot of pride in the fact that we could not only dance with, but regularly beat players over 2X our level. Yes the BB and ladders were less active then they were in the good old days, and i have a few ideas how to fix this. Including returning XP loss to the hunter, bountyable ladder attacks, smasher medal ticks counting on ALL 100 stam hits, new rewards and more. Much of this i will bring up in a PvP improvement thread in the near future.

Having said that i am VERY happy that we will be returning to the old pvp system, perhaps even reverting it even further back to a previous and more glorious day. I like the thought of making this new "PvP season" it will allow those who like it to continue to do it and keep from wasting all that hard work HCS put into this. Hell i might even jump in there and get me one of those shiny new medals some time soon :)

VERY GLAD to see you involved in this Hoof, IMO one of the things this game has needed the most recently is more of your input and presence. Thank You!

45d5ca98.jpg

#117 Anam Charaid

Anam Charaid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 03:09

I think Guild Conflicts need some work in general, but we'd want to discuss it with the community first (in a seperate thread dedicated to that) to see how it could be improved. If you have some ideas on it please go ahead and post up a seperate thread on it :)

Very wise decision and much appreciated. Thanks again for the PvP poll. Now you know that the vast majority of the community doesn't want anything to do with PvP. I hope the players who do like PvP will get a way to smash on each other all they want, just please leave me completely out of it as well as others who feel the same way.

#118 Anam Charaid

Anam Charaid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 03:21

While I respect that the majority weren't in favour of the new system, I have to say that I am really disappointed that this whole new system is just going to be thrown out the window.

I understand that it will be used for these so called 'PvP Global Events', which sound fun, but the problem that people don't realize is that the reason the PvP system was changed was because the old PvP Ladder and Bounty Board were dead. Only 1-3 people in each ladder, usually taking turns on who won the ladder. Same old PvP tokens used for the same old gear, that usually cost more to invent than it did to buy in the auction house.

What I'm suspecting is that the usually people who complain about being hit, even though they have the option to OPT OUT of PvP (which in my opinion is lousy) were the ones who said they didn't like it. After all, we don't have 2,000 people participating in the leagues, so obviously people who aren't even PvPing said that they didn't like the new system.

I know I can't go against the majority, but for god's sake, you ask for a new system, you get one and then you vote to go back to the old system that you were complaining about. I'm not even a full-time PvPer and I know that this is just going to let PvP go back to the same few players who did it before.

Smaller steps. Incremental changes instead of one huge one will produce a more favorable response from the community. You are right about not going against the majority who so clearly hate PvP. Perhaps those who like PvP could persuade HCS to give you an option to smash away at each other and leave the rest of us completely out of it. Letting PvP go back to the same few players who did it before is a wonderful idea that I wholly support.

#119 Anam Charaid

Anam Charaid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 03:25

such a waste, people need to stop complaining

What a great move by HCS. Clearly the majority of the community hate PvP. For those of you who like PvP, I certainly hope you get a format to whack on each other as much as you want. Just leave me and those who feel the same as I do completely out of it. Not a waste at all.

#120 tomt3hpom

tomt3hpom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Australia

Posted 11 August 2015 - 03:27

It seems a bit funny that all the "pvpers" want more action but complain that the ladder system is crap. Why not show how good you are oppose to sit on the level band ladder getting free dominance ticks. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: