204 replies to this topic

#101 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 23:42

Where is Hoof? It's been a scary amount of time since he's chimed in, and we all know he is the one who has the final say! Does this game and its players no longer deserve an update from the main developer? Hope he's ok!

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#102 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 00:16

Where is Hoof? It's been a scary amount of time since he's chimed in, and we all know he is the one who has the final say! Does this game and its players no longer deserve an update from the main developer? Hope he's ok!

last we heard was he hurt his foot or something.

He's likely heading off their "exciting unannounced project" which is 100% another game like new earth because they are highly profitable.

Edited by EpicPiety, 09 December 2017 - 02:48.

#103 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 00:19

They have presented a reasonable argument.

~ Grim

Honestly why not run the event the time it's ALWAYS RAN.  Was no problem then don't see why there will be a problem this time around.

Edited by EpicPiety, 09 December 2017 - 02:42.

#104 Dulcharn

Dulcharn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 December 2017 - 02:34

That could work. Again, will discuss with Hoofmaster.

Because we listen to the feedback of our Community. This is an important event for a lot of players!

~ Grim

Thank you for listening, Grim!

D

#105 Chosenone6

Chosenone6

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 09 December 2017 - 03:53

Totally agree chose... except, with 10 years here, I really want it to stop. It's fine for parents to be so entirely irresponsible as to give a whining, crying kid what they want. Personally I feel that's terrible for the world. 

I won't delve into what I would actually do... but giving them what they want? I def would NOT do that. As has been shown... it just gets worse. And, as this entire thread shows, it will just get worse. 

I agree with you 100%, BUT, You know exactly what will happen. the cows WILL give everyone the fsp and boxes early because its causing a big fuss. its not what people are use to . its not the same thing they have done in past years. its different. noone likes any type of change. 

tqp3nkA.png

#106 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 09 December 2017 - 05:33

I agree with you 100%, BUT, You know exactly what will happen. the cows WILL give everyone the fsp and boxes early because its causing a big fuss. its not what people are use to . its not the same thing they have done in past years. its different. noone likes any type of change. 

yep you hit it on the head ,they dont like change ,or cant handle it .If they start to give into there demands now god help us when(if) the app comes out .

5aZzW0p.png,

#107 Mandrayk

Mandrayk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 10:10

I am sure it's been asked, but haven't the Cows missed a trick?

I mean the Xmas offer will arrive AFTER the exp event...  This DOES influence the purchase of said offer...

#108 Jonathan69

Jonathan69

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 10:19

we have all ways been given 2 weeks notice before the xp event , this is why i did my last hunt thinking i had plenty of time  for my stamina to be at max again in time for the xp event . now i will have to wait till the last day to hunt with under max stam . like others who have played for years i have amased fsp's & potions for this event , but it will still leave me with less than what i would have gotten with out the 2 week notice we have all ways gotten .  also I've not done the Christmas offer because I use those fsp's to level with as well with the 3500 I have now . this is not black mail as one put it or a demand it's the way  things have been and a bunch of us use this time to do final prep for the event ie buying the Christmas offer & relying on those fsp's for are hunts , so I ask not demand the time be pushed back . 

#109 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 09 December 2017 - 10:54

so its changed isnt it up to the cows to decide when and how they run THERE game ,yes its different from last time but who said it had to stay the same.

just because it dosn't fit in with everyones plans ,it dont mean that its wrong ,we have being yelling at them to change things up for months ,when they do some folks jump down there throat and create a massive storm 

change is good most of the time 

5aZzW0p.png,

#110 Jonathan69

Jonathan69

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 12:04

so i've been trolled , nice you have put me in my place ! i did' not make any demands & yes change  is good . one good change that would be nice is for a troll to get a life & not making this all about him ! all so if you join in the ladder do'nt hit a few players & then opt out stick around have some fun & give them a chance to smack back . the point is this we all play the way we wont & things do'nt all ways work out the way we wont  . but we have are right to voice are opinion with out being dumped on by a troll ! in my post i made no demands , i put out haw this affects me & asked for event to be pushed back as it has been for as long as i've played this game we had a 2 week notice & we got are fsps & chests before the event a win win  .

#111 voragivis

voragivis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 13:21

well its me again.posting on the same topic. i think all need to calm down, relax and stop insulting each other.i think Cows know our opinion.and if the changes coming will see first 2 days after weekend.so just enjoy weekend and preaper for christmas....

all have a good weekend!!!!

#112 Belaric

Belaric

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 13:39

Jiminy Christmas folks!

You are all getting bent out of shape over nothing, as far as I can tell.

I have definite recall of many past Christmas offers that dropped their prezzies AFTER the DXP. There has never, to my mind, been an expectation that the Christmas offer has to be delivered prior to the DXP. When I used to buy the Xmas boxes, it was ALWAYS in anticipation of using them in six months at the next DXP, NEVER to be used in the same Xmas season it was bought. Memory is fallible, and I may be wrong, but that is my multi-year recollection.

So why is everyone complaining this year?

I think it is because the DXP is so early. I got used to it being around the 20th too, but got shafted a few years ago on that assumption. That and the FSP gain from this year's offer being bigger than normal. I'm guessing folk want to use them straight at once, and don't want to wait, as they did in years past.

So I think the main issue is that the event this year starts way early. (plus extra FSP swilling around that folk would like to spend - but why not save for next time? Is anyone feeling some heat here??) That is a function of calendar timing plus staff availability. It is what it is.

Good-bye and hello, as always.

#113 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 09 December 2017 - 14:44

I'll have a chat with BigGrim about it on Monday, but yeah I think the majority of players would prefer to receive their Christmas Special Offer purchases before the event. We were just trying to avoid running it over Christmas day :)

Maybe we could do 2 x 48 hour events this year instead? That might actually give more people a chance to take part (i.e) 48 hours starting on Friday 22nd shortly after the Christmas Special Offer is delivered and then maybe another 48 hours between Christmas and New Year. Thoughts?

#114 Swiggity

Swiggity

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 09 December 2017 - 15:01

I'll have a chat with BigGrim about it on Monday, but yeah I think the majority of players would prefer to receive their Christmas Special Offer purchases before the event. We were just trying to avoid running it over Christmas day :)

Maybe we could do 2 x 48 hour events this year instead? That might actually give more people a chance to take part (i.e) 48 hours starting on Friday 22nd shortly after the Christmas Special Offer is delivered and then maybe another 48 hours between Christmas and New Year. Thoughts?

That sounds like a great idea mate! Thanks for weighing in on this.

#115 Josh1404

Josh1404

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 15:10

Works for me. As long as everyone has their presents that they anticipated being able to use and we all have a fair warning there is no reasonable complaint to this. A change made that benefits the players is a really great decision.

And it's completely fair to avoid the event running over Christmas day. You shouldn't have to work that day and we won't want to hunt that day either. We want you guys around to be able to assist should there be any issues.

Really great to see you here hoof. Glad to see a reply and feel like you guys have responded to the community on this. I really appreciate the effort. Thank you. :)

Edited by Josh1404, 09 December 2017 - 15:11.

#116 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 950 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 09 December 2017 - 15:25

love the two xp events rather than one!

#117 Emperor Sidd

Emperor Sidd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 15:28

No to 2 x 2xp event if they are only going to be 48 hrs

#118 milon9999

milon9999

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 15:36

Sorry NO to the 2x48 hours event. Don't like the idea at all. If it happens once then later people will ask the same thing next time. You shouldn't break the tradition of XP events. It should be always twice a year.

dbzteengohansig_by_zzkurozz-d69715k.png

#119 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 16:03

Having not read any post since yours... I just burned down stam to be at full on the officially announced Dec 15 date. 

Without thinking too much, I think the spread to 2 double XPs might not be a bad idea. 

However, I'd like to suggest that the "first" go as announced on December 15. The 2nd could then be whenever after the gifts are delivered. 

#120 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 16:08

Now reading the objections... They may well be right. I think, if tradition is going to be broken, it needs to be well explained. 

Ie, we are for the first and ONLY  time ever, splitting the 2XP into two separate events, blah, blah or something of the sort.

Think it's clear from my last post though that the "first" needs to go on the game-wide announced date of December 15. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: