#121 Khanate

Khanate

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,829 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 13:22

the Bounty Board doesnt need changing, only the pvp ladder

I think this needs to be stressed. The bounty board WORKS as it is and people enjoy it.

However the way PvP rating is traded on the board should still be considered as part of the PvP ladder as the bounty board plays a huge role in how you gain/lose PvP rating.

I will repeat my idea :

- PvP rating gets traded only ONCE on the bounty board between the person who wins the bounty and the target of the bounty. And this is done at the end of the bounty.

#122 kalish

kalish

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 13:23

- Bounty Attacks must be 100 stamina otherwise they don't count as bounty hits. Terrible in both interpretations already seen on this thread.

- Potion to increase PvP rating transfer. Useless.

- Reset every two weeks - PvP tokens are allocated to the top 50 which can be exchanged for items. I don't really care, but I liked the idea of tokens being randomly dropped in PvP instead (maybe a higher probability if you attack someone with a higher PvP rating).

- Increase the PvP target range to +/- 10 Good if you want to encourage more PvP.

- If the targets actual level is outwith the range (ie. they are only in range due to virtual level), only pvp rating / gold is taken. I like it; it doesn't let spiteful PvP players drag anyone down with them past a certain point.

Attackers in PvP definitely need to have at least a little risk involved: please implement XP/gold loss for losing attackers.

I even have a few suggestions for everyone to pick apart:

1) When someone attacks another player in PvP, make them choose whether to attack for prestige, XP, gold, or some combination. The total would be 150% effectiveness; if you attack for only gold, you steal 50% more than you would have before, but no prestige or XP is gained or lost. If you choose both XP and gold, 75% of the normal value of each is gained/lost, but no prestige is.

(Edit: prestige-only hits cannot be bountied)

2) On the bounty board, all hits on the target are treated as the stam amount that the target made in his/her initial attack, regardless of the stam specified by the hunter. For example, player A 100-stams player B in PvP, and player B puts A on the bounty board. Player C accepts the bounty. Now, any attack that C makes on A is calculated as 100 stam, even if C only tried to 10-stam A. C only loses 10 stam per attack. This would make the punishment fit the crime.

Further example: if I 10-stam someone for PvP rating, then incoming bounty attacks for that hit are only calculated as 10-stam hits against me, even if the bounty hunter spends 100 stam per hit. This would increase the use of the BB because bounty hunters would always spend 10 and only 10 stam per attack.

3) The ability to attack up in levels as much as you want, but for only prestige (with more prestige gained/lost the higher you attack?). That is, a level 310 can attack anyone above him, but any attack against level 316 and above would only be for prestige (i.e. no XP, gold, or equipment durability loss in either direction).

4) Use of the Elo rating system for PvP: http://en.wikipedia....o_rating_system

#123 KitiaraLi

KitiaraLi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts
  • Denmark

Posted 28 July 2010 - 13:25

- Bounty Attacks must be 100 stamina otherwise they don't count as bounty hits.

Looked through the entire thread, hoping someone had already made you explain this one.
Do you mean, I can only use 100 stams when clearing bounties? This will for sure kill of a part of the PvP world, since those who do care a bit, will loose alotta xp if they hit someone and gets bountied for it. Will also kill of the fun on being on board, fending off someone trying to delevel you, all while having someone clearing you with 10 stam hits. It's a beautiful artform, and hard to do at times. Making it so bounties can only be cleared with 100 stams, destroys more than it does good.

If meant as, you think only 100 stam hits should qualify for a bounty to be created, it's a different story. Does this mean, anything below a 100 stam hit = no loss of gold/xp ?

- Potion to increase PvP rating transfer.

No no. Gloat is already in game, no need for a stronger version, or a pot for those below lvl 900. Quit taking away the special in being high lvl.

- Reset every two weeks - PvP tokens are allocated to the top 50 which can be exchanged for items.

So, the dominance medal will be erased from game? If so, I like the idea.

- Increase the PvP target range to +/- 10

That would be super, as long as you remember to alter it, so we can take XP from those at -10 ... nothing more annoying than someone below you taking xp, and you can't return the favor, leaving no option but the board... what if I would like to throw a few punches back and forth with someone at a higher lvl than me.. leaves him at a disadvantage.

- If the targets actual level is outwith the range (ie. they are only in range due to virtual level), only pvp rating / gold is taken.

Finally some effect to getting deleveled. I like it, except make it so nothing is gained!

No one can deny that we changed this game and influenced it in such a way that NO ONE could compete with us.. so much so that they changed the rules. ~Abhorrence, chosen founder of Cerulean Sins

#124 TokyoSword

TokyoSword

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 13:28

I loveeeeeee this new idea. It means I can pvp nonstop from now on. but I think the 100 stam rule should be lowered to around 50 or so since lower levels have a lot less than us 20k+ people lol

#125 Uncle Beg

Uncle Beg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 13:28

Hi all,

We would like your feedback regarding the PvP Ladder changes. Here is what we are looking at currently:

This is an interesting idea. It will make BB a lot more serious.
Don't know if this is possible. Instead of making everything 100 stamina hit, can you set the bounty stamina cost = stamina the attacker used to hit during pvp?
For example, PlayerA used [50 stamina] to hit PlayerB. PlayerB bountied PlayerA. Everyone that accepts the bounty must use [50 stamina] to hit PlayerA.

OK to have more targets.

ADDITIONAL IDEAS:
1. XP gain and loss should be applied to both players, just like Player Vs Creature. The defeated loses and the winner gains.
2. Gold gain and loss should be applied to both players, just like Player Vs Creature. The defeated loses and the winner gains.

#126 Thoran

Thoran

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 737 posts
  • Badge
  • Spain

Posted 28 July 2010 - 13:29

So, your saying that hoofs post of:
[quote name="Hoofmaster"]...

- Bounty Attacks must be 100 stamina otherwise they don't count as bounty hits.[/quote]
...meant that when your taking on a Bounty that you HAVE to use 100 stamina, or it does NOT count?! ...thats just silly. Maybe I read it wrong, IF this what was meant then I dont like it. It would cost way too much stamina just to clear a bounty.

I don't think it says anywhere that less than 100 stam attacks are not bounty-able, that's a player assumption. If a kill is not a bounty kill then it is a normal kill, which is bounty-able.[/quote]

(I hate this Forum, its taking me 11 tries just to post this)

https://i.imgur.com/EZBgk78.gif

[image]https://i.imgur.com/EZBgk78.gif[/image]

I'm also known as @UnoWild

The Wicked Players

#127 kingtyrin

kingtyrin

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 13:29

- If the targets actual level is outwith the range (ie. they are only in range due to virtual level), only pvp rating / gold is taken.

Then why they are getting advantage of it? This way you can only be 5 lvls below your VL unless you fight with creatures.

You dont understand. They mean when that player is attacking that is not in his VL range, they cannot take xp from other players off the BB by 100 stamming them hourly. This makes the BB a more viable punishment and prevents abuse. Not that they cannot lose more then 5 levels once they are out of their VL ;)

#128 Tharsonius

Tharsonius

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 13:31

It would be nice for bounty hunters if counter bountys would be removed :) and if the best bounty hounters would be awarded some epic items to worth the effort

Those are both bad ideas. The "prey" should have the option to place a counter bounty if the hunter is misbehaving (e.g. deleveling parties). And there are already far too many epic items around ...

#129 chyboy

chyboy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 28 July 2010 - 13:31

plzz... no... itz cuz i just finished from getting some one off my a$$.... :evil: ... and he was a real PITA :P ... hope yall think B4 acting HCS :wink:

#130 fs_icefira

fs_icefira
  • Guests

Posted 28 July 2010 - 13:32

[qoute]
This is exactly why you must not smoking weed before making updates, hoof...[/quote]
whats wrong with weed? i realy dislike your comment,
100 stam is bad idea it will kill the BB

#131 Thoran

Thoran

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 737 posts
  • Badge
  • Spain

Posted 28 July 2010 - 13:37

I like all the suggestion except the 100 stamina for a bounty hit. While I dont bounty hunt, that is an extreme amount of stamina to use to hit someone. If someone is on the board for a 10 hit bounty that = 1k stamina. I will garentee u I will never touch the BB if this is the case, unless you raise the rewards up for hitting it.

My suggestion is raise the minimum ammount of a bounty to 1 fsp or 150k gold per every 100 levels. I think if you raise the prizes, u may see more people get involved in PvP since it may become worth it.

"Bounty Attacks must be 100 stamina otherwise they don't count as bounty hits."

Hitting a player with LESS than 100 stamina will not allow the player to bounty you is what this talks about.
NOT that you must do 100 stamina hits ON A BOUNTY, as a hunter.

Still idiotic if you bother to read my posts
:)

You post didnt exist when I typed that and it took me 11 tries to get this posted so get off your high horse.

The Wicked Players

#132 tsink20

tsink20

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 13:39

This is a terrible idea. It will dramatically reduce PvP, and make bounty hunting cost prohibitive from a stamina use standpoint.

- Potion to increase PvP rating transfer. This is also a bad idea. The PvP rating should be changed to actually represent the pvp skill of the players involved. The existence of Gloat already bastardizes the system. There is no reason to further devalue pvp rating.

- Reset every two weeks - PvP tokens are allocated to the top 50 which can be exchanged for items. I like this idea. The current system simply favors high level players who safely point trade. There are very few, if any, legitimate pvp players at the top of the ladder.

This is also a good idea. It will create greater vibrancy in the pvp component of the game without creating a dramatic change.

- If the targets actual level is outwith the range (ie. they are only in range due to virtual level), only pvp rating / gold is taken. I don't see the value of this change.

#133 Thoran

Thoran

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 737 posts
  • Badge
  • Spain

Posted 28 July 2010 - 13:39

The Wicked Players

#134 Khanate

Khanate

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,829 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 13:41

What I hate about HCS threads is that there is no room to grow new ideas, everyone keeps replying to the OP and ideas drown.

#135 asterxemil

asterxemil

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 13:43

[quote name="icefira"][qoute]
This is exactly why you must not smoking weed before making updates, hoof...[/quote]
whats wrong with weed? i realy dislike your comment,
100 stam is bad idea it will kill the BB[/quote]

Drugs are bad for you... 'Mmmkay?

#136 fs_elricdrake

fs_elricdrake
  • Guests

Posted 28 July 2010 - 13:45

NO, seems like a way to kill PVP not help it.

NO, the whole VL thing is BS anyway if you ask me and somewhat confusing.

^^^^Not to crazy about these ^^^^. The following are suggestions for the suggestions.

- Potion to increase PvP rating transfer.
- Reset every two weeks - PvP tokens are allocated to the top 50 which can be exchanged for items.
Lets look at these two together. I am loving the PVP token idea, however I think it should be like finding items when killing creatures. Then you could have the PVP token potion instead of the increase PVP rating potion. Makes more sense IMO. Of course then you have to figure out how to give the PVP tokens and how many and the cost of the items you can buy etc. that can be determined at a later time. However I can see this being abused to the max by all the folks looking for an easy ride, so its not likely to happen.

Yes, loving this. But why stop at +/- 10Lets make it +/- 25.

#137 Uncle Beg

Uncle Beg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 416 posts

Here's another idea. Can the player that is posting the bounty specify the minimum and maximum stamina required to take the bounty, like the number of kills?
For example, PlayerA posted a bounty on PlayerB. Parameters: 10 kills, 10 stamina minimum, 100 stamina maximum. The gold cost = [PlayerB level] * [number of kills] * [average of stamina hit]

#138 Bleltch

Bleltch

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,784 posts

- Potion to increase PvP rating transfer. This is also a bad idea. The PvP rating should be changed to actually represent the pvp skill of the players involved. The existence of Gloat already bastardizes the system. There is no reason to further devalue pvp rating.

Right. How about changing gloat to a defensive based buff that reduces the amount of points an attacker takes? (assuming we stay with a trade based system)

#139 fs_grimsybaby

fs_grimsybaby
  • Guests

Posted 28 July 2010 - 13:46

wouldnt this be slightly harsh, that meaning for the poeple trying to get their bounty medal unlike the players who already have it or a crystal so it doesnt effect them... or the players who only have under 1k stam they wont be able to complete a bounty...

#140 fs_sparhawk09

fs_sparhawk09
  • Guests

Posted 28 July 2010 - 13:47

What is the thinking behind this?

I think this will adversely affect bounty hunting, but will encourage PvPing as this will put bounty hunting out of range of those with less than 1k max stam. It also makes it more costly to those who have 1k+ stam and DON"T make it into the top 50 - and then with little to show for their efforts.

If, as some have mentioned, this is meant to be punishment, then why punish the potential punisher?
Perhaps instead of multiplying the amount of stam needed, modify the value of the bounty hits by some factor.

Just my two gp....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: