135 replies to this topic

#121 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 23 August 2015 - 03:10

Mentioned only once due to the fact that a certain player seems to repeat one particular scenario...over and over again. Hence the remark.

Yes, I call it out. The term "bully", in my opinion, is so easily dropped. And used to describe a certain part of the game way to freely. A way to justify an argument. That my friend is poor, very poor indeed. As for the previous BBoard not allowing for a Guild or Guildmates to defend a Guild mate....not sure about that. A player was triggered onto the BBoard if their Bounty price was high enough. An attacked player could add gold to players Bounty. Therefore the Guild could loan gold to attacked player to add gold to their assailants Bounty ensuring they were placed on the BBoard. Not only that but the guild could provide enough gold to the Bounty price to ensure 3 levels were lost. Guild verus Player. Oh my!

Original Seasons and Leagues with opt in and XP loss along with those super duper Chests. I'd like to see that as a Ladder improvement/replacement. Ta.

Cheers.

wil72

When citing examples, isn't the tendency to site the most extreme case? Couldn't there be lesser examples? I think you should take your own advice. :) I can assure you in my particular case there were many incidents but that particular one I cite is my favorite.

Glad you said it was your opinion. let's leave it as that.

lol. Now that is my kind of GVP. pour some money into it. sounds good to me :)

alas, you will have to abandon original seasons. The community has voted. I thought it had a lot of potential as well but the roll out was a disaster so the bad taste had been left in the mouths of the community in general on both sides.

#122 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 19:54

You won't like it but here are a few ideas. High level summary description only as this post will be a belaric/egami type post if I go into details. Many of these were suggested by others and buried somewhere in the old forum pile:
1. Tournament. Like the ncaa basketball tourney. Huge prize for winners. Opt in only.
2. Live pvp. Challenge someone, they accept. Do battle.
3. Seperate pvp xp system with pvp level. Each player would have regular xp which can't be lost from other players and pvp xp which can be lost.
4. Seasons tweaked
5. Ratings. Higher rates player adds to your rating when you win and reduces when you lose. The bigger the gap, the ratings adjust.
6. New bounty board with tweaks. Allow player to post but generally the same as the new version released by hcs. It got rid of GVP.
So many more...

excellent..excellent..excellent..all ideas...#2 very good, #3 is bigtime needed..bigtime..even i would participate in that and so would many others..keep pvp xp separate from regular xp and the entire community of NON-pvpers would be happy- as in 95% of the players in this game..and you pvpers should be happy because there would be a great increase in pvp activity

Edited by yodamus, 24 August 2015 - 19:55.

#123 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 21:23

I agree that all can comment on any thread however I am appauled at your tone and insinuation. Please stop pulling figures out of thin air. 5% PvPers, 95% levellers.....what?!? And who is suppressing who? The dramatics are really not needed to try to put your point across mate. Actually, I have no idea what point you are trying to make other than scaremongering. Many use PvP and the Bounty Board to bully.... what a load of old tosh. The mecanics of the game allow you to attack other players in the game, allow you to attack the same player numerous times, allows you to attack players on the Bounty Board. So doing what the game ALLOWS means bully? LOFL! And by the way folks, these bully boy tactics of constant hitting a player tend to be very rare, once in a blue moon type of thing. But it has happened and those affected by it do so luv to remind us all about it even if....... it only was the once.

Personally, I despair when I read comments like yours yodamus as every single player has a choice within the game. Those being hit and do nothing ie still sit in stam gear, do not use buffs to deter attacks, do not post Bounties, do not make allies to smash bounties...etc,etc,etc canny pull the bully card in my opinion as they aren't really playing the game. Levelling SHOULD have risk and that risk is PvP. Good god man, it's what gives FS its edge.

Original Seasons and Leagues with opt in and XP loss along with those super duper Chests. I'd like to see that as a Ladder improvement/replacement. Ta.

Cheers.

wil72

pulling figures out of the air..lets see,  70 players on the ladders, and even up to double that or triple that for those that dont do ladder but pvp..so around 200 players pvp in the game, yes that is a guess..but a pretty darn good one, and it could easily be less than 200..out of probably a few thousand total players still active..that means around 5%..hello, can you do math....did not pull number out of air, i bet i am pretty darn close..remember virtually all of the active players in the game DO NOT READ FORUMS, PARTICIPATE IN FORUMS OR CARE ABOUT FORUMS..so just because many of your pvpers participate in forums does not = to many players pvping in the game

#124 clock96

clock96

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 August 2015 - 21:46

excellent..excellent..excellent..all ideas...#2 very good, #3 is bigtime needed..bigtime..even i would participate in that and so would many others..keep pvp xp separate from regular xp and the entire community of NON-pvpers would be happy- as in 95% of the players in this game..and you pvpers should be happy because there would be a great increase in pvp activity

removing XP loss ? How are you people thinking ?

pulling figures out of the air..lets see,  70 players on the ladders, and even up to double that or triple that for those that dont do ladder but pvp..so around 200 players pvp in the game, yes that is a guess..but a pretty darn good one, and it could easily be less than 200..out of probably a few thousand total players still active..that means around 5%..hello, can you do math....did not pull number out of air, i bet i am pretty darn close..remember virtually all of the active players in the game DO NOT READ FORUMS, PARTICIPATE IN FORUMS OR CARE ABOUT FORUMS..so just because many of your pvpers participate in forums does not = to many players pvping in the game

5% sure why not xD , you are so good at lying to yourself for sure

clock96.gif

#125 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 22:22

pythagoras1.gif

Yeah, I can do maths. And doing so I can tell you.....your comment doesn't ADD up mate.  :lol:

Cheers.

wil72

Edited by wil72, 24 August 2015 - 22:24.

#126 DALECK

DALECK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 22:34

Looked at my ladder today, 5 people are opted in, and they are all from the same guild, same as the last ladder, since they all finish with the same score, does that mean they all get a dominance tick and all get the top token rewards ?  This is why I, as well as many others, feel that the ladders need to be opened up so that guild mates can compete against each other, otherwise they have no one to hit, and I am assuming all are sharing the ticks and prizes equally.  Please note, I am not blaming the players opted in for this situation, nor do I think that they are trying to game the system or that there is any form of agreements or collusion between them, I know most of them, and they wouldn't do that.  My point is simply that the player base for the ladders is small, and therefore I feel that guild mates should be able to hit each other.  

#127 DALECK

DALECK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 22:52

Hoof, not sure if I saw this mentioned in this thread or not, but I feel that bounties should not expire.  That was the way it originally was, and that was also how it was with the season / bounty board changes that were reversed, however, I have always thought that bounties should never expire.  I know that some will say that if I can hold off the bounty hunters for 47 hours then I deserve to have it expire, however, letting bounties expire seems to not be in the spirit or intent of punishing an offender, if you get posted you should stay on the board until someone decides to clear you.  

#128 clock96

clock96

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 August 2015 - 00:10

Looked at my ladder today, 5 people are opted in, and they are all from the same guild, same as the last ladder, since they all finish with the same score, does that mean they all get a dominance tick and all get the top token rewards ?  This is why I, as well as many others, feel that the ladders need to be opened up so that guild mates can compete against each other, otherwise they have no one to hit, and I am assuming all are sharing the ticks and prizes equally.  Please note, I am not blaming the players opted in for this situation, nor do I think that they are trying to game the system or that there is any form of agreements or collusion between them, I know most of them, and they wouldn't do that.  My point is simply that the player base for the ladders is small, and therefore I feel that guild mates should be able to hit each other.

I have been asking for that a lot, many people think that being on ladder with guildmates is a positive thing, its seriously isn't, its a total negative point for them as they can all hit just the one target from outside the guild while this outsider can hit them all

clock96.gif

#129 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 25 August 2015 - 11:20

Hoof, not sure if I saw this mentioned in this thread or not, but I feel that bounties should not expire.  That was the way it originally was, and that was also how it was with the season / bounty board changes that were reversed, however, I have always thought that bounties should never expire.  I know that some will say that if I can hold off the bounty hunters for 47 hours then I deserve to have it expire, however, letting bounties expire seems to not be in the spirit or intent of punishing an offender, if you get posted you should stay on the board until someone decides to clear you.

I'd have to disagree.

A player has 48 hours to decide when to post a bounty after being attacked. If they do not post a bounty within that timeframe, then it expires.

Therefore in my opinion a player should only have 48 hours to attempt, clear, delevel a bounty once it's been posted. If not, it expires.

#130 DALECK

DALECK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 16:15

I'd have to disagree.

A player has 48 hours to decide when to post a bounty after being attacked. If they do not post a bounty within that timeframe, then it expires.

Therefore in my opinion a player should only have 48 hours to attempt, clear, delevel a bounty once it's been posted. If not, it expires.

They didn't expire in the past, and the also didn't expire with the automated bounty system, which seemed to provide more activity on the bb.  If the objective is to provide bounty hunters, or the bounty board in general, with more activity, then it would make sense that bounties not expire.  If the bounty board is supposed to be a form of punishment for attackers, then it would again seem that bounties should not expire.  Just because you only have 48 hours to post a bounty shouldn't mean that a bounty should only last for 48 hours.  If punishment in the form of exp loss is what the bb was created for, then it should logically follow bounties shouldn't be allowed to expire, if you get bountied you should lose exp.  Not saying that you should be stomped, but you should lose exp, that would seem to adhere to the spirit and intent of the bounty system and the bounty board.  Hoof, can we get your opinion on this, you are after all the person who created fs, as well as the bb, so you would know better than anyone what your initial intent was ?  Perhaps offer an in game poll, something like do you think that bounties should expire after 48 hours, yes or no ?

Edited by DALECK, 25 August 2015 - 17:42.

#131 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 16:35

They didn't expire in the past, and the also didn't expire with the automated bounty system, which seemed to provide more activity on the bb. If the objective is to provide bounty hunters, or the bounty board in general, with more activity, then it would make sense that bounties not expire. If the bounty board is supposed to be a form of punishment for attackers, then it would again seem that bounties should not expire. Just because you only have 48 hours to post a bounty shouldn't mean that a bounty should only last for 48 hours. If punishment in the form of exp loss is what the bb was created for, then it should logically follow bounties shouldn't be allowed to expire, if you get bountied you should lose exp. Not saying that you should be stomped, but you should lose exp, that would seem to adhere to the spirit and intent of the bounty system and the bounty board. Hoff, can we get your opinion on this, you are after all the person who created fs, as well as the bb, so you would know better than anyone what your initial intent was ? Perhaps offer an in game poll, something like do you think that bounties should expire after 48 hours, yes or no ?

Sorry. You can't use logic. Only what is advantageous to those that run the bounty board. Take the example of the "bug" with conserve and xp loss. Hcs will intentionally leave that in because it was requested by a small few. The expiration as you correctly pointed never expired and there will be no plans to change it because again its advantageous to those that run the board. Making a mockery of the system and keeping its integrity does not apply in all cases for the BB.
Sorry. But good try. :)

#132 WhoToldYouSo

WhoToldYouSo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 12:32

I would like to see the PvP system adjusted in certain ways to increase the activity:

- Bounty medal tick for every hit ( this could be a teaser for more players to hit the same target for the ticks which could result in counter-bounties for even more activity)

- PvP fragments (drops randomly with any kind of PvP hit unrated, ladder, bounty etc)

~ PvP fragments should be useful for composing PvP potions or even make it items to invent potions from (drop rate increased by the use of stamina)

Any adds?

#133 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 14:30

I would like to see the PvP system adjusted in certain ways to increase the activity:

- Bounty medal tick for every hit ( this could be a teaser for more players to hit the same target for the ticks which could result in counter-bounties for even more activity)
- PvP fragments (drops randomly with any kind of PvP hit unrated, ladder, bounty etc)
~ PvP fragments should be useful for composing PvP potions or even make it items to invent potions from (drop rate increased by the use of stamina)

Any adds?

Remember smasher medal intro? This makes it significantly worse.

#134 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 14:32

I also disagree.

The automatic punishment is nonsense!! Leave the BB expiration. I actually want to see the player who is bountied get the reward that was posted! It's difficult as hell to stay on the BB for 48 hrs.

If you can't punish yourself then you can post the bounty for others to take and do the "punishing" for you. The amount of the reward vs. the ability of the bountied to stay on the BB for 48 hrs is the crux of the BB game. If you want  to make sure the player is cleared off the board POST A HIGHER BOUNTY!! Posting a player also never guarantees that any other bounty hunter will use more than 10 stam hits unless you use mercs or your own guildmates. You might get lucky and find a Stomper who will 100 stam clear without any incentive. It's entirely up to you how you handle an attack but there are plenty of options, and learning them is another aspect of the game!

No, the expiration of bounties gives the BB a game element! Players need to stop making this game EASIER!

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#135 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 14:41

I think you're right! The chance of getting ZERO reward for taking a bounty, in fact it would cost you buffs and stam, really deters a significant amount of players. Also, after the Seasons attempt players got a taste of how nice it was to have not only 1 BB attack win = 1 BHer tick, but also the costs were somewhat normalized with 1 BB attack cost 1 Bounty ticket. I'd like to see those aspects brought forth to normal BHing. The BHer Diamond medal is arguably the hardest to fight for and attain at 10,000 Bounty Hunts!

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#136 clock96

clock96

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 31 August 2015 - 23:56

+1 for this, hoof, any thoughts if this idea and the few ideas luis brought up on the last few posts can be added ? You asked us for ways to imrpove PvP, right ?

clock96.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: