Photo

What makes you keep coming back to play?

• Please log in to reply
145 replies to this topic

#121 kevon218

kevon218

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 December 2012 - 21:44

2 and 7 are stupid ideas, and would kill the game even faster. have you played Sigmastorm 2 in its early days? (idk if its PvP System is the same now, I havent been on in years)

WELL ... there is something not too constructive.

Actually I play "OTHER" games much more often than FS now (due to the changes in PvP Protection and other "new improvements") and I find that there are PvP specific areas and in areas that are not marked, you are asked if you want to fight another player in PvP rather then getting blindsided. This seems to work quite well for the MILLIONS of people that play the "other" games. Perhaps it is not so "stupid" after all. :shock:

How about we just keep PvP out of this conversation altogether? Having designated PvP-only Areas is only going to make PvP even more impossible, and that is NOT what we need in this game.

You running away from FS because your gold cant be safe? What other "new improvements" could possibly be scaring you away, anyway? :S

maybe keep pvp like it is but then there are special areas that are added that you can attack people(within a certain level range) that gives both player bonuses or have a pvp game. but it will only work with players that are also within the realm

#122 Spitfire666123

Spitfire666123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 December 2012 - 21:50

Actually I play "OTHER" games much more often than FS now (due to the changes in PvP Protection and other "new improvements") and I find that there are PvP specific areas and in areas that are not marked, you are asked if you want to fight another player in PvP rather then getting blindsided. This seems to work quite well for the MILLIONS of people that play the "other" games. Perhaps it is not so "stupid" after all. :shock:

How about we just keep PvP out of this conversation altogether? Having designated PvP-only Areas is only going to make PvP even more impossible, and that is NOT what we need in this game.

You running away from FS because your gold cant be safe? What other "new improvements" could possibly be scaring you away, anyway? :S

maybe keep pvp like it is but then there are special areas that are added that you can attack people(within a certain level range) that gives both player bonuses or have a pvp game. but it will only work with players that are also within the realm

I have bad experiences with this type of thing. PvP Realms should be optional for PvP, and give bonuses to thieving, Stats as it is are ridiculous, and dont need any more bonuses.

#123 kevon218

kevon218

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:17

I have bad experiences with this type of thing. PvP Realms should be optional for PvP, and give bonuses to thieving, Stats as it is are ridiculous, and dont need any more bonuses.

i just said bonuses, not bonuses to stats....

#124 3JS

3JS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:53

2 and 7 are stupid ideas, and would kill the game even faster. have you played Sigmastorm 2 in its early days? (idk if its PvP System is the same now, I havent been on in years)

You're barking up the wrong tree there, bud, lol. Mark loves gold thievery :)

Why does PvP have to be left out? Is this not a conversation about why people continue to play? I suppose you'd like us to just discuss what you like to do, instead?

Now, on to something constructive....I enjoy logging on to see if any of my gamer buddies has sent me a PM, and I end up staying on for long periods, lol. Another reason is that I try to achieve the goals that HCS has set for us via the medals. Some of them will take quite some time, so I'm here to stay a while. Other than that, the community, as has been said a few times already, is a major reason to keep coming back. Most of them, anyway.

#125 Spitfire666123

Spitfire666123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 December 2012 - 02:46

You're barking up the wrong tree there, bud, lol. Mark loves gold thievery :)

Why does PvP have to be left out? Is this not a conversation about why people continue to play? I suppose you'd like us to just discuss what you like to do, instead?

Now, on to something constructive....I enjoy logging on to see if any of my gamer buddies has sent me a PM, and I end up staying on for long periods, lol. Another reason is that I try to achieve the goals that HCS has set for us via the medals. Some of them will take quite some time, so I'm here to stay a while. Other than that, the community, as has been said a few times already, is a major reason to keep coming back. Most of them, anyway.

And you misread my comment, or i made myself unclear. I am a PvPer, Have been since I started. I took him for someone who disliked gold thieving though :P Assuming is a bad thing, isnt it? :)

#126 NatalieEGH

NatalieEGH

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:50

Friends and guild. I get upset over things sometimes and leave the game but I always come back. It is my friends here. I miss them. And my guild, I feel like I am failing it.

My friends here, we laugh, we love, we share, and never have to fear they are friends only because they want something from me.

I could be in one of the really powerful guilds like FFS or TEW or WAL, but why. I have been in basically the same guild since I started (revolt new guild, all current members but me left, and all but 1 moved to new, I finally moved too, so I consider I am still in original). It would be much easier never having to worry about gp and maintaining structures or buying/upgrading equipment. But this is the place I helped build. I doubt I could abandon TEFK. Our days of flying up in guild ranks are probably over for good but it is home, maybe even more home than the house/neighborhood where I live.

#127 hbklives

hbklives

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 822 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 06 January 2013 - 19:15

Bump.

tumblr_ohmmkinSKX1siy7m0o1_540.png

#128 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 00:17

Like many others, friends are what keep me coming back to play. I know this will be hard for some to understand, but I have even made some friends after getting to know them from a gold hit. FS would just be another time waster without the community.

Screenshot everything!

#129 avvakum

avvakum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 19:22

Despite taking multiple long breaks from the game I always come back.. Why? I don't know, maybe good memories about the people and game it once was... You know, I lost interest in Diablo after the first 2-3 weeks of playing, and never come back there, something I never expected to happen. So, don't put everything you have on Eldevin, Fallensword has something unique. I think one player put it very well once, when he said: "The only significant fun to be had from that was deleveling people for revenge". 3D games have many limits, this game is not that rigid in mass destruction of levels... Just think about it ;)

#130 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,964 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 20:15

Despite taking multiple long breaks from the game I always come back.. Why? I don't know, maybe good memories about the people and game it once was... You know, I lost interest in Diablo after the first 2-3 weeks of playing, and never come back there, something I never expected to happen. So, don't put everything you have on Eldevin, Fallensword has something unique. I think one player put it very well once, when he said: "The only significant fun to be had from that was deleveling people for revenge". 3D games have many limits, this game is not that rigid in mass destruction of levels... Just think about it ;)

Agreed with avva ... and customers from Fallensword will be afraid when you are going to focus less on Eldvin if you started to work for another game just like you did with Fallensword...

Getting your gamers to trust you very well is the first step for big success :wink:

#131 Cody

Cody

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:07

well my reason for playing fallensword is because it is fun and i like to hunt and improve my character till eventually its the best muhahahahahaha jk it will never get that far or will it :wink:

plus there are a lot of amazing people i have met in the fallensword community that accept me for myself and i dont usually get that not even with some family -_-

#132 PXT

PXT

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 17 February 2013 - 18:45

1 addiction :shock:
2 Online Guild Friends :)
3 I find the Game interesting :o
4 Support has always worked for me, tho I rarely need or use it. :D
5 Even buying FSP every once in a while, the game is still cheap entertaining fun! :mrgreen:

#133 Nagoyaka

Nagoyaka

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:19

Friends, the guild, and the game having several aspects to play are some reasons for me to play.

What makes me want to look for another game; FS number of active players are too small. Please put your mainfocus on increasing the number of players.

I think one of the main reasons is because this game is too expensive to play to any new player. We need to give them a bigger chance to get hooked. More max stam, backpack slots, etc. for a cheap prize. Maybe even a choice of being pvp'd until lvl200. They are getting "raped" at low lvl wich can be discouraging to the new players. LE in realms to lvls less than 200, flooding those items is not so bad, being affordable to new members. Lure them into playing, make them interested and addicted, then you will see them donate aswell. This should probably have its own thread, as there is a lot that should/could be done regarding this.

#134 LLAP

LLAP

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:16

Can I make a joke and say the Scavenging caves and the prices of which the new LE items are being forced to be sold at to get no where near what was lost to gain the items? :lol:

#135 avvakum

avvakum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 19:12

I think one of the main reasons is because this game is too expensive to play to any new player. We need to give them a bigger chance to get hooked. More max stam, backpack slots, etc. for a cheap prize. Maybe even a choice of being pvp'd until lvl200. They are getting "raped" at low lvl wich can be discouraging to the new players. LE in realms to lvls less than 200, flooding those items is not so bad, being affordable to new members. Lure them into playing, make them interested and addicted, then you will see them donate aswell. This should probably have its own thread, as there is a lot that should/could be done regarding this.

+1

More affordable life for newcomers till Xinderoth please!

#136 ozziepete

ozziepete

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 21:10

Joined when invited by a friend and fell in love with the game then had 4 friends join. We were able to chat online and as we lived in cities miles apart this was a great way to keep in touch. Our guild was very active in chat with some solid players offering help and lots of great chat all the time. Gained a strong sense of belonging to something alive and fun. Always something new to learn. Our guild ran FSRadio for about a year. There were challenges and mini competitions between us all ( who would get to 200 first) that sort of thing. Coping with the adversities of HCS in the early days was a challenge ie LAG. FSHelper arrived and things greatly improved, game grew, improvements and changes keep interest piqued ( global events, new gear, TUFS) : never dull. I still set goals and log on daily for ah, loyalty points, relic security, hunting weekly, buffing and guild support. For me two issues seem to cause interest to waver. 1 Waiting for stam rebuild. There is simply no way round this. I have to wait almost 8 days between hunts and if you like that aspect of the game only then it is 8 days wait. Anything that eats stam delays it further so is avoided. 2 loss of creative members from early days combined with lack of facilities. FSHelper crew are no longer as active, WIKI is almost dead and not maintained, TUFS is not up to date often, combatlog stopped working, Sisland and there advise stopped, Ananasii retired and his incredible spreadsheet is now no longer totally accurate, RJEM seems to have stopped reporting on " how things work", Mowglick and his maps are not up to date. Rubicksman.com not up to date These aspects to the game that for whatever reason have gone. Others have not filled the voids. They enhanced this great game and maybe just due to evolution the sparks they created are not here at present. In forums there are often those asking how buffs work with no clear maths provided by HCS it is not possible for the capable to make spreadsheets, combat logs, guides to buffing and extras to play with.

#137 Morgwyn

Morgwyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:53

What do you feel would encourage players to log in more often?

I believe that we do need new mini games within FS that do not require stam use. Arena is a great one, but arena is not everyone's first interest. We can ask the community what they think to get new ideas from them. You guys have the best community waiting for you just to ask. I wish I had that wish my customers in my business in real life. Make use of it like you are doing in these threads.

More mini games surely help, though and that goes for every game like FS, you need to create an environment in which everybody has a good playing experience. And with everybody I mean two groups, donaters and non-donaters.
Get and KEEP an strong massive community, donations will follow after it. If new players join and they get the feeling they won't get anyware without spending a big amount of $$$ they will NOT stay (very long).

I played every day for years, last 2-3 months I became rather inactive as I slowly realize I hardly have a realistic goal to play anymore. My goal always was to get as high up in the ranks as possible. But I cannot see that happening, I cannot level harder as I did (nor will my wallet allow me to level harder).
Besides my leveling goal, I used to be a merchant. I stopped with that aswell, as the market is fluctuating way to much to be healthy.
Next to that I have my guild. And ofcourse I can blame myself for not being able to keep players, and so be it. But once it seems impossible to keep players inside your guild or even active at all, then there is little reward for the effords made.

I cannot imagine I am alone facing the problems above. Fix those and you fix a good part of the game I think.

#138 Removed8950

Removed8950

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 20:00

Player interaction.

Use to be the joy of pvp interaction, that's all but junked anymore.... thanks for that by the way.

I left for a few years mostly because of that very issue actually, only to return for the curiosity of possible resolvent, epic disappointment, but that's another thread all together I reckon.

Now it's mostly just shootin the breeze with some old friends I don't have contact with outside of FS.

That part of it y'all did get right from the start.

Removing the ability to Bounty a PvP Ladder attack is something I've been thinking about. If enough people want it, I don't see why not. It might be a relatively easy tweak, unlike the rest of the suggestions.

#139 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:13

I'm rather late in finding this thread, but hopefully not too late to add (reinforce?) a thought.

There is a very strong theme of community being expressed here, and that is one thing that certainly kept me coming back through my first few years. I'm now in a small guild with a couple of long-time FS-friends, and don't want to leave that, but it would still be nice to be able to participate in a more active chat room from time to time, and get to taste something of the atmosphere in other guilds without having to jump ship from my present guild.

So - how about introducing a visitor status to guilds? Allow guilds to invite people to visit while still belonging to another guild. Even if visitors were limited to the chat room, it would still enhance the community interaction in FS.

#140 morderme

morderme

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 18:23

I like that I can stop and then return to the same place I was in the day before.

I like the variety of things to do in the game (although some of those things seem to be fading, for example, Arena).

Addictive.

The Marketplace, even those there seems to be some turmoil there, remains intriguing as it more or less reflects a free market society. Maybe that's a bit geeky, but it drives itself (to a great degree) and things int eh game -- GEs, Epic quests, etc. -- can affect it just as world events can affect the rela world economy. OK< already said too much there.

OK, now ask what we like least about the game? :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: