Photo

Old Arena System ( 2008 Style ) + Suggestions

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

Poll: Old Arena System ( gold + item tournaments ) (34 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like the Old Arena System to be brought back to FS?

1. Yes! I tell you... (27 votes [79.41%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 79.41%

2. No! Let me tell you why... (4 votes [11.76%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.76%

3. I have never experienced the Gold and Item tournaments... (3 votes [8.82%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.82%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#121 Mzzery

Mzzery

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 23:56

In my view, Hoof is and has always been very consistent on things. He listens, and polls when needed. Being cosistent isn't the same as being stubborn and never changing your mind. He's consistent in listening, that's far better than being stubborn and not open for suggestions from the community.

Polls ingame are good, they let people have a say even if they don't frequent the forums. To call that "rigged" makes no sense... how can you rig a majority of members to vote a certain way unless they feel that way?

og3DxyP.gif

#122 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,477 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 00:17

I never accused Hoof of rigging anything, simply stated the "Don't mind" option will cause many issues while polling and that is what's "rigged" about the poll. The poll was pretty much dead even. My educated guess was pretty accurate.

It's not only me that wanted it to change. I wanted to know hoof's reasoning and i got it and i thanked him for it. When the poll is that split the community deserved to know his reasoning.

Edited by EpicPiety, 14 September 2015 - 08:11.

#123 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,477 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 07:55

Polls ingame are good, they let people have a say even if they don't frequent the forums. To call that "rigged" makes no sense... how can you rig a majority of members to vote a certain way unless they feel that way?

That's where our opinions differ then, everyone isn't an expert at FS. Most FS players just casually play. Because of this essentially HCS is polling an uneducated population. Many people probably don't think deep enough into the cause and effects of voting "yes" "no" or the "IDC" option which i'm not very fond of. HCS needs to add things to the game with very minimal influence from the player base. They should come up with their own unique ideas for a change instead of relying on us. Like many people have been saying they have been listening to us for a very long time and now look at the game... Don't get me wrong its very good to listen to the players but how much listening is too much listening. I feel as if the Admin - Player relationship in this game is way too close. That's just my opinion though :).

On a side note i think by removing the "IDC" option it would force people that are uncertain to dig deeper and beable to identify themselves as for or against whatever poll. Simply being able to vote "IDC" is absurd because every aspect in this game is intertwined and it will effect you somehow or some way.

In my view, Hoof is and has always been very consistent on things. He listens, and polls when needed. Being cosistent isn't the same as being stubborn and never changing your mind. He's consistent in listening, that's far better than being stubborn and not open for suggestions from the community.

To me when an admin says something is happening/final or something to that degree that should mean he has already made his decision and looked into every possible angle. To go back on one's word looks VERY weak and is not something that should happen. Ideally then when something is said there wouldn't be constant arguing, the players would just understand for the most part.  As of late i have learned if you argue enough you'll get your way and that is not good at all. I feel as if i can rally enough people i could overturn any decision. The only reason i brought it up was because this was the third occurrence in such a short period of time. Because of this i feel like we are the HCS admins fighting amongst ourselves and they are just mediators. The discrete flame-bait that admins don't pick up on directed at in-game enemies doesn't help that either lol. I almost wish the forums was anonymous to non admins the forums would be a better place. I'm not even going to lie sometimes before posting i think about how i can discretely flame-bait my enemies. It's happening on both ends of the spectrum. It's a never ending cycle that needs to stop somehow. That's how i currently feel about the forums.

Edited by EpicPiety, 14 September 2015 - 08:50.

#124 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 23:16

Though I would love to talk about polls and how they work... it seems to be way off topic.

I think this topic is "done" after the gold arenas were reinstituted. 

I'm contacting WYB in game to ask their opinion. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: