143 replies to this topic

#121 WandKing

WandKing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 297 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 22 April 2015 - 05:36

I'm coming out of the closet...I am a GE sandbagger :P I believe I have  qualified in every  GE since the beginning and only get enough kills for Ruby Tier even though some events didn't make it that far. I had plenty of reasons I didn't do more, burned stam for a hunt, not enough max stam ect. This GE was different because I need common frags and the bunny gave common frags + bonus frags :) So, the amount of kills was not my concern, just frags gotten with minimum stam used. My GE kills were greater than 18K so I got a very nice surprise...EE Basket #4 :D Do I feel guilty receiving the extra basket? Hell NO! The celestial bodies lined up just perfect for me here at FS and I benefited :D

Should HCS announce this bonus or amount of kills needed to gain the bonus, I think not.

Even though I may have the usual excuse not to do more than qualify kills, I will look back and think that maybe I better do extra kills just in case the bonus pops up again :D

Thanks HCS for the awesome Global Event!!! 

#122 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 22 April 2015 - 06:51

If they told us beforehand what the "bonus" number was o receive the extra chest, you may as well set the minimum requirements to that same number, furthermore if they told us it wouldn't be a bonus... :rolleyes:

My personal feeling is that the "bonus" should have been awarded to those who say were in the positions of 101st to 150th in the top contributors as they were so close to the top 100 but just missed out for whatever reason. Or, make the qualifying level for the "bonus" something like 150,000 kills and not so close to the minimum requirement.

Hey ho, I am happy I got to the "promised land of the top 100, just!

#123 Azarek

Azarek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 07:02

If they told us beforehand what the "bonus" number was o receive the extra chest, you may as well set the minimum requirements to that same number, furthermore if they told us it wouldn't be a bonus... :rolleyes:

That would be fine, in the past it has essentially been like a 6th tier, so make it official.  It would still be one more chest than the Ruby, so it would still be a bonus.

My personal feeling is that the "bonus" should have been awarded to those who say were in the positions of 101st to 150th in the top contributors as they were so close to the top 100 but just missed out for whatever reason. Or, make the qualifying level for the "bonus" something like 150,000 kills and not so close to the minimum requirement.

Again, this would be fine as well.  That is, rather than making it a specific kill count, make it and extra chest for those that didn't quite make the top 100, but let people know at the start of the event.  Or even state at the beginning of the event that there will be a minimum cut off for an extra chest but don't reveal what that number is if you want people to burn extra stamina.  But have it all upfront, or reward everyone equally.

Hey ho, I am happy I got to the "promised land of the top 100, just!

Congratulations!

Edited by Azarek, 22 April 2015 - 07:07.

#124 Azarek

Azarek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 07:29

Or, folk could just see it as a nice gesture from BG because we slaughtered the total requirement for this Global Event.

It was indeed a very nice gesture from BG, but it was administered unevenly.  In the past it has always been given across the board.  If you're going to change from a precedent then people should be told.

Bottom line, some you win, some you lose..

Remember the fubar where Forn refilled everyones stamina ? - some players got 100K+ free stamina from that, others got little to nothing. Some won, some lost.

Are you really equating an accident which would have required reverting back to the last backup of the game, and lost everyone hours of SE hunting, titan hunting, leveling, etc. to an intentional act that they have full records of doing?  I was almost at full stamina that time, and so gained very little from the glitch, but I recognized it as such.

The reward chests from this GE are the best they have ever been - 5K kills (or, if you prefer, 1K bunnies) got you 3 chests that would, if bought in the AH, cost at least 200 fsp each.

Which is how the event was rolled out, but then a select group of individuals got another 200 FSP reward for 10k kills (or, if you prefer, 2K bunnies) that no one could possibly have known about until after the fact, and it is this selective advantage that some got but not other that is what people are upset about. If BG had arbitrarily decided that anyone with an ingame name starting with the first half of the alphabet got an extra reward, would you be equally okay with it?

Stop complaining folks ....

#125 steveanaya

steveanaya

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 08:06

^please read BG

#126 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 09:34

Cows had no need to give any bonus,and personally I feel they shouldn't have did I benefit yes.

I knew the event was coming over 2 weeks ago and managed my stamina accordingly so that I would have a chance at top 100.

If people were really active in all the game they would have as well information was available in Cows updates and Grims posts on the forum.

Instead of complaining the goal posts were moved if people actually looked beyond their own self interests and played the game for fun instead of doing the minimum to create maximum returns which in this caase was proven to be the wrong way to play..

If you look at it from another viewpoint and the community had only done 12 to 13 m kills If the critters only were 1 kill per stam we would not have reached ruby at all, it was by Grims design that we did they intentionally increased the kill value per stamina. and still people only did minimums despite needing less than 1 k stamina to achieve 5 k kills with conserve running. and strangely now those are the people complaining despite their own free choice to do minimum.

Edited by zizzwyly, 22 April 2015 - 09:36.

#127 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,823 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 April 2015 - 10:09

So, where can I post that the issues haven't been dealt with yet?

Please put in a ticket to Support if you are experiencing issues.

Do I need to hang onto that magic basket or will I be able to pick one up somewhere in the Temple?

Next year I'll add a shop where you can buy it again, so no need to hold it all year.

So why change this criteria?

The criteria didn't change. But those who managed to get triple the ruby total got an extra chest because we felt it was warranted. They pushed to get the Community to Ruby and beyond, whether to get into the top 100 or just to work to the Community goal. As such, they earned an extra basket. They did it without thought of extra reward.

I will look back and think that maybe I better do extra kills just in case the bonus pops up again biggrin.png

And that is no bad thing in my opinion.

#128 Removed20081

Removed20081

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 11:50

I was one of the luckier players that started the event early, burned my full stamina killing mostly eggs (and ofc the bunnies when they showed up on the action list). I easily hit 37k kills and sat nicely within the top 10 total kill contributors, then the big guns came out and started killing in the hundreds of thousands, a crazy effort on their part and greatly appreciated by everyone wanting to reach Ruby tier. I knew my hopes of getting into the top 100 were well and truly gone, but I was still happy with the effort I made. I'm delighted that effort was recognized by the administrators with an extra reward. A nice surprise to log into. Thankyou.  

PS. Never did beat BigGrim's total this event, maybe next time though ;p

#129 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 12:18

That may be so, but the 15K mark was used. How about those below that? Say a level 30 player with 1000 stamina that worked hard but only reached 13K kills? His effort may have been bigger than many above the 15k mark.

Not everybody can afford the highest global booster and a level 500 AM pot. 15K says nothing about teamwork.

pretty easy to make 15k by killing bunnies .. they count as 5

#130 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 12:18

I like this precadent the cows set with an extra reward at a random number unannounced. It will make the community work harder for the overall goal and maybe make players do more than the bare minimum..

#131 Azarek

Azarek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 14:33

The criteria didn't change. But those who managed to get triple the ruby total got an extra chest because we felt it was warranted. They pushed to get the Community to Ruby and beyond, whether to get into the top 100 or just to work to the Community goal. As such, they earned an extra basket. They did it without thought of extra reward.

But they weren't doing it for the community.  A number of them have admitted it in this forum that they were doing it exclusively for their own personal collection of fragments for composing, as the Ruby tier was already blown out of the water.

#132 tharzill

tharzill

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 14:42

I like this precadent the cows set with an extra reward at a random number unannounced. It will make the community work harder for the overall goal and maybe make players do more than the bare minimum..

I like this also. I was totally surprised by that and want to thank HCS. So: A GREAT BIG THANK YOU HCS! 

#133 Lashiel

Lashiel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 19:57

Thank you for answering my question about the basket, BG. :)   You could call it, " The Seasonal Boutique." lol  If the guys don't want to be seen going into a Boutique, I'm sure we can come up with a more manly man type of name. LOL

This was one of the most fun events I've taken part in. :)

Oh yes, the extra prize is something to look forward and work toward. :P  Fun, fun, fun. It's a surprise I don't mind hunting for.  My stam grows. :P  I, too, will get there.

Edited by Lashiel, 22 April 2015 - 19:59.

#134 muabnesor

muabnesor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 21:53

But they weren't doing it for the community.  A number of them have admitted it in this forum that they were doing it exclusively for their own personal collection of fragments for composing, as the Ruby tier was already blown out of the water.

If everyone that did not make the top 100 list stopped at the minimum, then we would not have reached the Ruby level.  It takes players going above and beyond to make it happen.  That is the problem, when people get on here and complain about the Ruby level being set too high, because they don't want to go beyond the minimum. I had 37K when I put in an additional hunt to get above 40K kills not for the frags but in case the Cows did offer this, I thought that number of kills would be enough to get the extra chest.  I do not compose enough to need the extra frags.

#135 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 22 April 2015 - 22:15

Or, folk could just see it as a nice gesture from BG because we slaughtered the total requirement for this Global Event.

It was indeed a very nice gesture from BG, but it was administered unevenly.  In the past it has always been given across the board.  If you're going to change from a precedent then people should be told.

Bottom line, some you win, some you lose..

Remember the fubar where Forn refilled everyones stamina ? - some players got 100K+ free stamina from that, others got little to nothing. Some won, some lost.

Are you really equating an accident which would have required reverting back to the last backup of the game, and lost everyone hours of SE hunting, titan hunting, leveling, etc. to an intentional act that they have full records of doing?  I was almost at full stamina that time, and so gained very little from the glitch, but I recognized it as such.

The reward chests from this GE are the best they have ever been - 5K kills (or, if you prefer, 1K bunnies) got you 3 chests that would, if bought in the AH, cost at least 200 fsp each.

Which is how the event was rolled out, but then a select group of individuals got another 200 FSP reward for 10k kills (or, if you prefer, 2K bunnies) that no one could possibly have known about until after the fact, and it is this selective advantage that some got but not other that is what people are upset about. If BG had arbitrarily decided that anyone with an ingame name starting with the first half of the alphabet got an extra reward, would you be equally okay with it?

Stop complaining folks ....

the point that is being missed is its a "bonus chest" at cow's discretion for what they feel was an 'above the call' effort, it wasnt a "designated earned chest" , i know of one person who always goes above the call and randomly did minimum this time cos ruby was already achieved and got only 3 chests, they were happy just to get three really good chests for an easy 15 mins work, they arent on here debating, i admire that person so much in times like this :)

#136 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 03:21

I really didn't liked the random prize for 15K kills, there is only 3 kinds of players who did over 5K kills:

1 - Composers, to farm fragments.
2 - Those who tryed for Top 100 but failed.
3 - Those who just burned their stamina for no reason, because the comunnity had achieved Ruby already.

If HCS had said something like "We will give an extra Ruby Chest for those who break a hidden criteria, we will announciate when the event ends" I could swallow this easily, but giving a prize that shouldn't even exists is nonsense.

Next time please just let us know that will be a prize, don't need to say the criteria, but at least let us know the prize exists!

#137 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 23 April 2015 - 03:59

I really didn't liked the random prize for 15K kills, there is only 3 kinds of players who did over 5K kills:

1 - Composers, to farm fragments.
2 - Those who tryed for Top 100 but failed.
3 - Those who just burned their stamina for no reason, because the comunnity had achieved Ruby already.

If HCS had said something like "We will give an extra Ruby Chest for those who break a hidden criteria, we will announciate when the event ends" I could swallow this easily, but giving a prize that shouldn't even exists is nonsense.

Next time please just let us know that will be a prize, don't need to say the criteria, but at least let us know the prize exists!

Baloney ...

The fun is in the fact that there WAS a surprise reward.

Will the cows do it again after all this moaning and groaning from players ? - who knows ? - but I'd like to think they will. I just hope they've got thick skin - they'll need it..

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#138 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 05:51

If everyone that did not make the top 100 list stopped at the minimum, then we would not have reached the Ruby level.  It takes players going above and beyond to make it happen.  That is the problem, when people get on here and complain about the Ruby level being set too high, because they don't want to go beyond the minimum. I had 37K when I put in an additional hunt to get above 40K kills not for the frags but in case the Cows did offer this, I thought that number of kills would be enough to get the extra chest.  I do not compose enough to need the extra frags.

Umm...  I thought 280k x 100 makes 28 million kills, which is 10 million above the ruby level. And everyone in the top 100 got more than 280k kills.

The rest of us were actually unnecessary this time around.

Edited by rowbeth, 23 April 2015 - 05:52.

#139 muabnesor

muabnesor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 13:56

Your right, this time the top 100 carried the day.  We have reached Ruby level only 52% of all the GE's to date.  So riding the tails of the top 100 has worked so well so far, not.  I am just saying that rewarding those who went beyond the mininum, but did not reach the top 100 is perfectly fine.  At least Wandking will admit what others won't, too many do just the minimum to collect the chests.  It takes more players going beyond than will fit in the top 100

#140 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,823 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 April 2015 - 14:51

Hi there Everyone 

The Springtime Forest has closed. It shall return next year. All players still within the Forest shall be teleported to the Mountain Path shortly.

We hope you all enjoyed this combined Event!

~ The Fallen Sword Team

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: