#121 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 November 2012 - 16:16

Excellent update, and thank you very much.

Just food for thought....

The current stamina max is 500K gold per day and max stamina is 250K per day. Ignoring the one time upgrades of backpacks for 7.5 million, that is 750K max per day possible per player. A great start, but I would recommend monitoring how things go, with the thought of possibly adding more options at a later time, ones that can take even higher amounts of gold out per day.

I would suggest future options at a 200K rate, where it's roughly the same as the marketplace.

But again, awesome work, HCS :lol:

Your missing the point JB. The point was to have upgrades at 100k gold rate to lower the MP. If it was the same rate as the MP, then it wouldn't have much effect on the MP at all.

Think about it. People rushed to cash out FSP, cause they could 50% more value in upgrades with gold for a limited amount per day. That only made sense cause FSP in the MP was going for a lot more than 100k gold exchange rate.

#122 vamunre

vamunre

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 16:21

love the update.

#123 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 November 2012 - 16:25

It's a step in the right direction Hoof. But if you dont remove all the pay to win upgrades the game is going to continue to decline. Getting rid of fsps altogether would be even better than that.

How are the Cows supposed to earn money then? :shock:

Players aren't concerned with that. That is for the cows to figure out. Nor should it be a consideration for a player.

Bletch, If you have enough money in this world, your bound to get ahead. FS is no different than that natural law. If people who donate got capped or were told no more, they probably would quit. the game would shut down and no one would be enjoying FS. So your hating on the very people that allow you to play FS in the long term.

#124 xaax

xaax

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 16:30

100 Max stam per day is unrealistic. I would be happy with 25 max stam per day, even that is asking a bit much.

#125 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 16:30

Love the update, and I have to agree with what a lot have said about adding stam to a reserve bank instead of current stam.

I would probably use the upgrade every day if that was the case, do not see a real need to add to current stam very often though.

#126 kevon218

kevon218

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 November 2012 - 17:45

Love the update, and I have to agree with what a lot have said about adding stam to a reserve bank instead of current stam.

I would probably use the upgrade every day if that was the case, do not see a real need to add to current stam very often though.

how about making it that you can still buy the current stamina but there be a new gold upgrade for the reserve stam. lets stay its 7-10k per 1 reserve stam.

the benefits of this is a way to save stam and having it as a gold only upgrade will create a huge gold sink that will cause people to sell fsp and lower the marketplace(hopefully)

#127 laptribe

laptribe

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 17:54

less than 24 hours and the market is down to 200k not bad for the first day now if we could get a chance to buy reserve stamina gold it would go down a lot more

#128 JBKing89

JBKing89

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 23 November 2012 - 18:05

Excellent update, and thank you very much.

Just food for thought....

The current stamina max is 500K gold per day and max stamina is 250K per day. Ignoring the one time upgrades of backpacks for 7.5 million, that is 750K max per day possible per player. A great start, but I would recommend monitoring how things go, with the thought of possibly adding more options at a later time, ones that can take even higher amounts of gold out per day.

I would suggest future options at a 200K rate, where it's roughly the same as the marketplace.

But again, awesome work, HCS :lol:

Your missing the point JB. The point was to have upgrades at 100k gold rate to lower the MP. If it was the same rate as the MP, then it wouldn't have much effect on the MP at all.

Think about it. People rushed to cash out FSP, cause they could 50% more value in upgrades with gold for a limited amount per day. That only made sense cause FSP in the MP was going for a lot more than 100k gold exchange rate.

Yes, the goal is to lower the MP rate, but how low does it need to go? We can lower the MP by having a consistent gold sink. It doesn't necessarily have to be at 100K / 1 fsp cost for gold to be spent. Anything under current MP rates will sink gold from the game. i for one will drop all the gold I can after each hunt, as long as the upgrade cost is less than the MP. But at 100K? not sure that is good for the FS economy.

#129 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 18:23

how about making it that you can still buy the current stamina but there be a new gold upgrade for the reserve stam. lets stay its 7-10k per 1 reserve stam.

My explanation on why this is a big "NO" is at page 8= 23 Nov 2012 14:48

There is also an alternative and more realistic price listed there. Would love some comments on it ,oP

#130 fs_centus

fs_centus
  • Guests

Posted 23 November 2012 - 18:36

I don't see any problem with this as long as it's daily limited to 50-100 reserve stamina a day, make the cost at 7,500 will sink 375.000-750000 a day per player, I guess that's more than you make from hunting with your daily stamina gain ^^?

Let the gold drop into the dark abyss!

Cheers

Centus

#131 kevon218

kevon218

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 November 2012 - 18:40

My explanation on why this is a big "NO" is at page 8= 23 Nov 2012 14:48

There is also an alternative and more realistic price listed there. Would love some comments on it ,oP

i read your post and i felt 1 million gold was a bit excessive. i do however like idea of the cap of your max stam or maybe even just half of your max stam

#132 ikillpie

ikillpie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 19:51

Are you going to be making more Gold Upgrades :?:

#133 Kardel

Kardel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:11

Maybe 15 max stam a day sound good which will give 450 stam a month.. helpful for low level players

Also In my mind. Not much, not less.

Are you going to be making more Gold Upgrades :?:

Maybe not BP and stamina are fundamental upgrades for players especially for the new ones other upgrades maybe scaled as personal interest benefiting their own field of play and its our job as players to enjoy exploring the game with greater fundamental at this point.

8)

#134 SandisMan

SandisMan

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:40

HCS, I think this is an awesome upgrade. I want to start with that before I go more in depth.

The BP upgrade. I think it is great, but let's make it a consistent gold sink. Maybe 1 or 2 a week instead of a limit of 5. Even at 2 a week, that is 104 a year, that places max BP at 14+ years if you do not invest in fsp.

A few people are suggesting reserve stamina instead of current stamina. I have no opinion on this as any extra stamina is a good thing in my mind. :)

Now, for my interesting brainstorm. Please, read entirely before bashing, flaming, etc.

Two big problems. Need a gold sink, and new players(player retention). The gold sink may have been taken care of(at least short term). New players, and retaining those new players. Let's be realistic. How many level 7 players make 100k per hunt to buy the upgrades?(again, I love the update, just hear me out.) Maybe player retention starts with MORE gold for the lower levels. I am not saying killing a rat should give you 25k gold, but would it be better if it gave a new player 50 instead of 5. Increase the gold drops for say the first 50 levels. I say 50 because the first 30 go by in the blink of an eye with the new epic quests(which I also think are great). Increasing lower level gold may keep players around because they can afford the BP and stam upgrades. If they can get more stam and BP quicker, they may be able to get into farming, or merchant, or be able to get an offline set to counteract gvg bashing, etc. Just my two cents, please be nice..:)

#135 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:07

^This. More people would probably use the upgrade if it were reserve stam instead of current.

Agreed - I would anyway. 100 extra stam as current stamina is of no use to me, but tucking away 100 reserve stam definately is :)

Yea but the price is going to go up then. I don't seen then keeping 5k gold for +1 reserve stamina guys. Your in la la land.

I don't mind if it's more expensive than 5k / 1 stamina - just that current stamina is of little to no use, whereas reserve stamina would be of much more use.

#136 Splash

Splash

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:18

Yea but the price is going to go up then. I don't seen then keeping 5k gold for +1 reserve stamina guys. Your in la la land.

Even doubling it to 10k per +1 reserve stam would be more desirable than 5k per +1 current, imo.
*Keeping the 5k per +1 current stam ofc.

#137 kimbo

kimbo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Philippines

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:28

This update is soo good if not one of the best so far..Whosoever thought of this idea..all i can say is, " Thank You, You make my day ".

#138 chasblade

chasblade

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:18

Two thumbs up!

#139 atusH54

atusH54

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 14:42

I think backpack upgrade never resets,does it? I reached bp upgrade but it doesnt say "it resets this time".

#140 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 24 November 2012 - 14:48

I think backpack upgrade never resets,does it? I reached bp upgrade but it doesnt say "it resets this time".

From Page 2

do bp reset if you hit limit?

Nope - you can currently buy 5 in total.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: