179 replies to this topic

#121 centurion

centurion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 15:44

when doing the level do not pay for the missions, it is an issue. with tough mobs that takes 2 hit, repair cost becomes half your income. with 45cr drop, 12 goes to tax, 33 left, and half is repair cost. so 16 left/mob. so far, each mission cost has been about 13k. so, you need to kill 1000 mob kill (if you don't die) to afford it. that is almost full level worth of hunt. leaving you nothing for new equipment. and frankly, the top levels are hard with FE, impossible without.

I love challenge as any, but frustration level will be an issue.

#122 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 15:47

i get 50 credits at level 75. so the credit drop amount goes down?

this game shouldnt be handed to you just by leveling. that will just make it too easy like that 'other game'.

#123 ecolitan

ecolitan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 15:50

I was getting 48 for most mobs on level 96....

#124 ecolitan

ecolitan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 15:56

i get 50 credits at level 75. so the credit drop amount goes down?

this game shouldnt be handed to you just by leveling. that will just make it too easy like that 'other game'.

No, but leveling should pay for itself. There is a giant difference between being able to survive in the game and being able to upgrade from leveling. I think the cred drop/cred costs should be set up so that someone can do all that is required just to level from the creds of leveling. That currently isn't possible. It was very possible until level 75-80 but went downhill from there. Most players need to sell fc in this latest content (this is assuming you do missions and want to buy 1-2 items). Creds have been constant for 50 levels. Costs of missions, assembly, engineering and gear in stores has basically doubled since then. Repair costs have gone up at less than that rate but still are higher. It is no longer possible to fund leveling through leveling. This is a problem for the game eventually. I don't care that you can't buy player upgrades from leveling proceeds. But leveling proceeds should be able to pay for the actions of leveling (as I pointed out before) and faction tax for at least the top few factions should be able to pay for the meager structures we currently have.

#125 ss_draconus

ss_draconus
  • Guests

Posted 08 April 2009 - 17:53

I agree with most points here. If the cost to repair items goes up as the lvls increase, the amount of credits u get from monsters should increase as the lvl increases too. the amount of credits u get from monsters ur lvl hasnt increased in like 30 lvls, but the repair costs, equipment costs, and engineering costs have all increased.

as for the structures, the 3rd lvl of the stat structures is too expensive, but i think many people just jumped the gun and upgraded them without thinking about the costs before hand. For example, if u get +10 for only 200 creds/hour, is it really worth it to get only 5 more stat points for an extra 1800/hour? i dont think so. It would save a lot of credits if people just stayed at lvl 2. the 4 stat structures at lvl 2 cost a total of 800 and hour, but at lvl 3 they total 8000 an hour, for only 17 more stats (+2 for damage, +5 for the other three). that extra 7200 creds an hour (over 700 monsters an hour every hour just to break even by 20% tax standards) never seemed worth it to me, and so even if my faction could afford it i wouldnt upgrade at those costs.

overall, i really do think the credits /monster should have increased. if people like 25 lvls below u are getting the same credits /monster but have lower lvling costs its just not right.

#126 ss_lionae

ss_lionae
  • Guests

Posted 08 April 2009 - 20:29

Fantastic update and with the additions of intensifiers just made it even better. what else can I say but THANK YOU HCS

#127 TipsyPhippsy

TipsyPhippsy

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 951 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 20:34

Nice content, but once again, very stupid quests...............

#128 ss_adoan

ss_adoan
  • Guests

Posted 08 April 2009 - 21:14

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!! :D

I was gonna quit until people got to level 200 and had intensifier but now thanks to the stim i can play again :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

And also can you guys make a guide to this game like you did to Fallensword?
Because its very helpful there and it would be good to have one here too ;)

#129 ecolitan

ecolitan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 21:16

Different people do have different components of what would go into a guide. I'm sure fairly soon people will get together and put one up as a joint effort.

#130 ss_gameface

ss_gameface
  • Guests

Posted 08 April 2009 - 21:31

i'd point u guys to the sigma wiki thread... its really a kinda rough work but for low level guys it should help you out... maybe when some of the upper level guys are done with content and killing elites/recharging theyll add to it, otherwise itll grow slowly but surely

#131 ss_adoan

ss_adoan
  • Guests

Posted 09 April 2009 - 00:30

Are you guys planning to make something like the temple thats used in FS? :?: :?:

#132 ss_barmuka

ss_barmuka
  • Guests

Posted 09 April 2009 - 03:52

The only complaint that i even have with this game is the creds/kill ratio. I averaged more credits/kill at lvl 50 then i do at lvl 92. how is this possible? at lvl 50 my average was around 49 creds/kill. At lvl 92 i am averaging about 46 creds/kill

At lvl 50 it only cost like between 500-2000 creds to complete a mission.
At lvl 90+ it costs ~6000-12000 creds to complete a mission
Somewhere around lvl 75 i think the elite players were complaining that the assemble cost of quest items were too low. and in one level HCS stepped it up from like 580 iirc to like 4500 or something. ever since then it has been rising. i used to be able to buy 1-2 fc's a day leveling. now i can buy 1 fc/3 days unless i run into a quest and then its like 1/week.

HCS the only thing i think that needs to be fixed is we need a SLOW gain on creds/kill

Oh and btw my faction bank had almost 5mil when the newest structures came out. we have dropped over 1mil since then. with so many members active and hunting daily i dont see how this should ever go down.

#133 TorNis

TorNis

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 14:28

Bug.
Ash Waste Horror from Desolation of Nuwa (Base) zone are mutants(rad mob), but RAD HUNTER skill don't work on them!

#134 centurion

centurion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 14:33

only irradiated mobs is affected by rad hunter. as far as I know, there are none in the game at the moment.

#135 TorNis

TorNis

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 14:57

only irradiated mobs is affected by rad hunter. as far as I know, there are none in the game at the moment.

What? But mutants are rad. creatures? right?

#136 centurion

centurion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 15:01

nope. mutants are not irradiated according to HCS. there was a thread here a while back. :)

#137 TorNis

TorNis

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 15:30

nope. mutants are not irradiated according to HCS. there was a thread here a while back. :)

T_T

#138 ss_draconus

ss_draconus
  • Guests

Posted 09 April 2009 - 15:46

yeah they explained it in some other thread before, the type of the monster has to be "irradiated" for the rad hunter skill to work on the monster, just like the type has to be "robotic" for the robot hunter to work. its basically semantics. as far as i know, they havent added any "irradiated" monsters yet.

#139 ecolitan

ecolitan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 15:55

Their explanation boiled down to:

"Anything is possible in sci-fi."

I still say - NOT in good sci-fi.... In good sci-fi things are logical and follow a pattern that survives close examination....

#140 PhurieDae

PhurieDae

Chief Creative Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 345 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 09 April 2009 - 15:59

Not all mutations are caused by radiation damage! Sure, in the case of the mutant player class, it's radiation based. However, sometimes mutants can arise from scientific experimentation, or pure genetic fluke, or when a facehugger accidentally latches onto a dog instead of a humanoid... ;) All very possible and logical explanations.

Except we don't have facehuggers in Sigma...as far as I know.
Louisa Gallie
Senior Concept & UI Artist

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: