Photo

Suggestions for new Arena, GvG and PvP Ladder Rewards?

• Please log in to reply
180 replies to this topic

#121 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 19:03

Shouldn't it be 10.3 tokens per 8 man/40 tokens tourney?

10 tokens x 0.51 + 10 tokens x 0.26 + 20 tokens x 0.13 = 10.3 tokens / tourney

Could Be?

What I did was 10* .51 + 20 * .26 + 40*.13 since you get 10 for 3/4 20 for 2nd and 40 for 1st.

#122 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 19:14

I meant 51% winning percentage vs. other players. I think it's a reasonable number based on my researches in the past and now. My last 15 tournaments - 8 wins, 3 finals.

ok sorry..i read your post wrong (so did others)..your numbers are probably much closer to correct now for an arena master...but for the majority of players..not that close..somebody has to be losing also...7 of 8 dont win a tourney, ..4 of 8 get 0 tokens...so if you are going to do numbers crunch..use the average..not your own or any other arena master's numbers, ..also you have to figure in the amount of tourneys available to enter...at my level..very very few per day (now that zorg tweaked the spawning to favor more higher level tourneys)..where you get to enter many more..and higher levels get to enter in even more..somehow you need an average of tourneys available to enter.

i have played in every tourney i could from level 115-499 since token thing came out..i have 3300 tokens in 3 1/2 months..and that number has slowed down bigtime since zorg's tweaking, near 200 in the last 2 weeks.....i am not great at arena, but not the worst either..i would say average..so it would take me quite awhile to get an epic..which it should..i think your idea is not bad..anything to get more players involved in arena...and even your number of tokens for each epic is fairly close to what it should be....

the key for me is having an equal amount of tourneys to possibly join (even if they move slower)...that is what is wrong with arena right now, and why it needs the replacement system that all players thought was a good idea)..i know the lower level ones move slower, and would get replaced slower.( why is a good question , since higher level player can join them), just have the same amount to enter as higher level ones..and nobody can complain...higher level ones move faster,get replaced faster,  higher level players will get more tokens, hince why i like your increase in tokens needed for epics as the levels go higher..

#123 avvakum

avvakum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 19:54

Could Be?

What I did was 10* .51 + 20 * .26 + 40*.13 since you get 10 for 3/4 20 for 2nd and 40 for 1st.

Just to double check everything I've run a simulation, it looks like 10.3 tokens / tourney

for ($i=0 ; $i < 100000000 ; $i++) {	
	$round1 = random_won($odds);
	if ($round1 == 2) {} // defeated in 1st round
	else if ($round1 == 1){
		$round2 = random_won($odds);
		if ($round2 == 2){$tokens = $tokens + 10;} //defeated in 2nd round 
		else if ($round2 == 1){
			$round3 = random_won($odds);
			if ($round3 == 2){$tokens = $tokens + 20;}//defeated in the final
			else if ($round3 == 1){$tokens = $tokens + 40;} // won
		}
	}	
}

#124 avvakum

avvakum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 20:03

pvp_rewards.png

#125 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 20:48

Just to double check everything I've run a simulation, it looks like 10.3 tokens / tourney

for ($i=0 ; $i < 100000000 ; $i++) {	
	$round1 = random_won($odds);
	if ($round1 == 2) {} // defeated in 1st round
	else if ($round1 == 1){
		$round2 = random_won($odds);
		if ($round2 == 2){$tokens = $tokens + 10;} //defeated in 2nd round 
		else if ($round2 == 1){
			$round3 = random_won($odds);
			if ($round3 == 2){$tokens = $tokens + 20;}//defeated in the final
			else if ($round3 == 1){$tokens = $tokens + 40;} // won
		}
	}	
}

That is why I said to check my math :)

Also thought of another way to look at it. for an 8 man tourney and 40 token prize you give away 80 total tokens 40+20+10+10 or an average of 10 tokens a person. 16 person max is the same when its 80 tokens.

Which also means our numbers are a little high as I think those are max numbers not average numbers average token prize is probably closer to 24 (min is 8 Max is 40 so I took average of those 2) This means that average person gets 6 tokens per tourney.

#126 avvakum

avvakum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 10:01

pvp_rewards_2.png

#127 avvakum

avvakum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 12:34

Which also means our numbers are a little high as I think those are max numbers not average numbers average token prize is probably closer to 24 (min is 8 Max is 40 so I took average of those 2) This means that average person gets 6 tokens per tourney.

Updated version (10% x 10 types of tournaments):

arena2.png

#128 avvakum

avvakum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 12:44

Updated version (10% x 10 types of tournaments):

arena2.png

An average arena player (50% win percentage vs. other players) will get 10,000 tokens in 6 months by joining 10 tourneys every day. Join cost: ~ 250 FSPs.  

#129 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 16:44

That is why I said to check my math :)

Also thought of another way to look at it. for an 8 man tourney and 40 token prize you give away 80 total tokens 40+20+10+10 or an average of 10 tokens a person. 16 person max is the same when its 80 tokens.

yes..much better number crunch... 6 tokens per 30k spent..which is not bad..but it shows that someone would be nuts to trade tokens for that 4k gold each...almost all prizes are worth more than that..i actually would not mind seeing all those epics up for grabs...i do think more would try arena

#130 avvakum

avvakum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 16:45

Just for brainstorming details: List of 5 Most Famous Pirates in World History

1. William Kidd (Scottish, 1645 - 1701) - He was sentenced to death, some said unjustly, and suffered a wretched execution - the noose by which he was hung broke twice, and after he was killed on the third hanging his body was doused in tar and hung by chains along the Thames River.

Let's show Hollywood who was the most famous pirate in the World History! 

william-kidd.jpg

2. Edward Teach "Blackbeard" (English, 1680- 1718) - His head was then raised upon a stake as a warning to other pirates near Virginia’s Hampton River.

edward-teach.jpg

3. Bartholomew Roberts "Black Bart" (Welsh, 1682 - 1722) - He plundered over 400 ships, a grandiose record to be sure, and captained well-armored ships in every endeavor. He died in a vigorous battle against British Captain Chaloner Ogle; his death left many of his faithful followers and admirers reeling. Even the Royal Navy itself was stunned.

bartholomew-roberts.jpg

4. Henry Every "Long Ben" (English, 1653-unknown) - He became pirate captain through mutiny, leading to his renown as one of the most feared and successful pirates of the Red Sea. Though he didn’t take many ships, the two that he did capture were among the finest in the Indian Ocean (one of them being India’s treasure ship, bulging with gold and jewels). Upon his great wealth (he was the richest pirate in the world), Every retired - but he continued to be hunted far and wide, and his true whereabouts at the time of his death remain unknown.

henry-every.jpg

5. Anne Bonny (Irish, 1700-1782) -  she coaxed the crew onto even greater bloodshed and violence and became a formidable pirate herself. However, she was captured with Rackham’s crew and sentenced to death. Both she and Mary Read claimed pregnancy in prison, and their death sentences weren’t carried out (but Mary had the misfortune of dying in prison). No one is sure how the famous female pirate died, though there is speculation that she returned home to her husband or her father.

anne-bonny.jpg

#131 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 16:54

Due to years of farming easy tokens from a broken system.. Potions or other token burning prizes need to be added before epics

#132 avvakum

avvakum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 17:15

Due to years of farming easy tokens from a broken system.. Potions or other token burning prizes need to be added before epics

1. Pirates best rum - Adept Learner 2000 lvl for 1000 PvP Ladder tokens or 20000 Arena tokens

pirates_choice_best_rum.jpg

2. Ninja's sake - Conserve 1200 lvl for 1000 PvP Ladder tokens or 20000 Arena tokens

sake.jpg

#133 justinian9

justinian9

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 17:20

why are ladder tokens worth more the arena tokens?

#134 avvakum

avvakum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 17:35

why are ladder tokens worth more the arena tokens?

On average, it takes the same time/effort to earn 1 PvP Ladder token / 20 Arena tokens. It's difficult to compare both systems.  

#135 avvakum

avvakum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 17:43

Ok, we have one example here. One player opted-in from the first day of PvP Ladder and never left it. Now he has about 1k PvP Ladder tokens. I don't think his life on the ladder over all these years doesn't deserve 2 Epics.   

#136 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 18:09

Well, now that I know that some plans are being made about bringing new Epics to the table that I can use all these tokens to buy them, I'll just wait it out.     ~ Thoughts of someone that has accumulated a lot of tokens. (Not me)

The only way to successfully get rid of the tokens accumulated by this "broken system" is to have HCS delete all of them, which I highly doubt will happen.

#137 justinian9

justinian9

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 18:37

On average, it takes the same time/effort to earn 1 PvP Ladder token / 20 Arena tokens. It's difficult to compare both systems.  

What effort on the ladder, some fight on ladder others do nothing. 

If one joins a ladder and it has 3,4,5, or 6 players from 1 crew on it one is going to use a bunch of stamina on buffs and 100 stam hits.  When a crew just sits on a ladder  no one from other crews can compete as they have to remove ourselves from the ladder to regain stamina while the crew camping on the ladder can continue to sit on it and do nothing and gather tokens. 

I said all that to say,  the ladder tokens should not be over valued. 

One way to help the issue... have an arena in the first realm of a range and you must be on that arena to join the ladder.  If a crew does this then their relics protection will decrease. 

#138 justinian9

justinian9

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 18:41

Ok, we have one example here. One player opted-in from the first day of PvP Ladder and never left it. Now he has about 1k PvP Ladder tokens. I don't think his life on the ladder over all these years doesn't deserve 2 Epics.   

I joined the game in Dec 2008.  Should I get 2 Epics for that?

#139 justinian9

justinian9

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 18:48

Avvakum... you spent alot of time building the charts... Thanks for the work!!!!

#140 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 19:04

Some should have well over that much..

Its not about who deserves what.. Its about a PvP system that rewards tokens without throwing a swing and that has had very subpar prizes over the years that encouraged farming easy tokens (not so easy at certain bands, but totally easy for the majority of the bands).. Why toss out epic rewards before the much asked for potion rewards?

I just don't think we should allow epics to be purchased in the bulk that would happen if they were introduced right now

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: