454 replies to this topic

#121 bloody18

bloody18

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 05:56

I like ... I suppose some of the quests might not be worth it .. whats a medal "tic" worth to you?  we shall see ... again ..we shall see .... again ... we shall see... again .. we shall see we shall see ..... did I say tic? I meant tick! =)  

#122 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 06:12

honestly hoof keep the quests as they are and use a points system each quests gains a reward ie kill 75 elites get 20 points then have a shop we can swap the points in with stuff that actually helps a player ie 1 bp slot 100 points, 20 reserve stam 20 point etc this way we can do the quests are redeem them for something of actual use the more expesive the item the more points we need 

That idea is really better for the players, but I would hate to have another 'random coin' on the game, would be way easier to raise the prize to (good amout) of Gold or just FSP.

#123 PointyHair

PointyHair

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 06:55

I was just thinking that shards might be an appropriate reward?

oh and today - Defeat 100 Beast creatures Gain +6 Max Stamina

that seems like a really good reward to me... anything that effects max stam is huge over time

Edited by PointyHair, 02 September 2016 - 07:00.

#124 Morgwyn

Morgwyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 07:10

honestly hoof keep the quests as they are and use a points system each quests gains a reward ie kill 75 elites get 20 points then have a shop we can swap the points in with stuff that actually helps a player ie 1 bp slot 100 points, 20 reserve stam 20 point etc this way we can do the quests are redeem them for something of actual use the more expesive the item the more points we need 

Loyalty tokens, and expand the things you can buy with them. Easier to ballance it out!

#125 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 07:41

Loyalty tokens, and expand the things you can buy with them. Easier to ballance it out!

problem with loyalty tokens is some ppl have 100's of thousands already as they donate alot no incentive to do any quests if your sitting on that plus alot wouldnt bother with quests if they can just grab their wallets

#126 Morgwyn

Morgwyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 08:21

problem with loyalty tokens is some ppl have 100's of thousands already as they donate alot no incentive to do any quests if your sitting on that plus alot wouldnt bother with quests if they can just grab their wallets

You have a point there, but then again, they do have something to spent the tokens on then, so it would be mainly a "problem" at the start? Plus, it would/could encourage donating aswel...

It can't be that many with 100Ks tokens right? right?  :wacko:

Shards could work also, but I'd rather not see a new ingame currency for this.

#127 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 08:32

Fallen Sword Shards is a very nice idea!

#128 Mzzery

Mzzery

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 08:36

I myself have killed more than 33 SEs when I was below Lv 700.

I think if you are Lv 1000. You should be able to kill at least 60 SEs

The ability to kill SEs isn't really only based on level, it's also based on interest, and time.

When I say interest, what I mean is that there's been a decline in the interest for SE in the past couple of years, since not many have wanted to run around and spend endless stamina searching for them, with all the global events etc, but if they are introduced into daily quests, more people will wanna kill some to do their dailies, and there will be far less SEs available. 

When I say time, I mean that not everyone has 20 hours in a day to spend online to get their kills done. Most SE take a while to respawn, and if 20 people get it as a daily to kill them, you'd be lucky to kill even 2 in your daily quest.... unless you are online 20 hours, then 10 kills might be possible.

My 25 cents, and a cheeseburger.

og3DxyP.gif

#129 Bluetail

Bluetail

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 September 2016 - 08:52

Im glad to see this was thoroughly thought out on HCS' part lol... its like theyve never even played their own game. Werent these quests suppose to be a small daily incentive for us to log in more? These make almost no sense to complete in terms of productivity. Almost every quest Ive seen is almost completely different in terms of stamina cost and time, you should have at least done the research of your own game to equalise the effort of each quest. Furthermore the rewards are all over the place, Ive gotten the exact same quest as someone else but given completely different rewards. Why? Who knows.

My suggestion is to pause the daily quests before everyone loses their minds and gets fed up before its even begun. Post a FULL list of quest types and the appropriate rewards and let the community help balance it out. This whole thing is pretty sad to say the least. Before you released all these quests you could have atleast play tested them to see if they were even close to being equal  in terms of cost. But maybe your test character is just for decoration? Its pretty clear this was all rushed to create hype and not thought out at all. Before the release I was gonna ask if a list of quests was available so the community could comment but I wanted to trust HCS, to bad they mucked it up.

The Arena quest needs to go. I know you think that this will start filling them up but it wont. Players from random levels will be given this quest, do you really think they all will join the same arena or even have the level to join that arena? Even more so I doubt they will all have the same levelled equipment laying around. Plus lets say 20 people get that quest, do you know how many people will need to join arenas to fill up enough spots for each person to win? I doubt anyone will be happy joining arenas all day, paying out large sums of gold for a few arena tokens. Thats a huge waste of time versus walk 300 tiles (which Ive gotten two days in a row). Walking tiles needs to be removed too, Id hardly even call that a quest since I can just stay exactly where I am and bounce back and forth with LF for less than a minute.

Edited by Achub, 02 September 2016 - 09:26.

Insanity is when the sobbing slowly turns into laughter...

#130 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 08:53

Actually you can kill more than 20 SEs on a day, easily, without competition and with a LOT of big buffs. I personally think 3 still way too many for most of the game, I would say 1 SE kill is enough for the D.Quest.

But again, that consumes a LOT of stamina on buffing and walking around, the prize should still be huge enough to worth it.

#131 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 08:56

+1 to pause the daily quests and post the requirement - prizes for us to help fix it. 

A lot of quests doesn't make any sense at all.

#132 feralnoob

feralnoob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 08:59

How unfortunate. There's no way for you to complete this.

Yes there is LVL 1000 LE critter you can kill any time

#133 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 02 September 2016 - 09:06

s'funny that those commenting on the difficulty of killing SE's have little to no experience of actually killing them (according to their profiles).

I've regularly killed 50+ in a day whilst earning my Diamond SE medal (that's 5000 kills btw) :)

You just have to time it right - keep an eye on the kill list and plan your route in advance.

Like anything else in the game - Fail to Prepare = Prepare to Fail :)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#134 Mzzery

Mzzery

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 09:21

As for the "win 2 arenas" quest..... I think it'd be more fair to have it be "participate", rather than "win".... it's not all that easy to do, for those that never play it.

My view on daily quests is that it should make it fun to do something new every day, and not be a big time-sink, and shouldn't take away from the possibilities for others who actively pursue that specific aspect of the game. For arenas, it would make it harder for the big guild's members who play the arena to do that, if 10 noob-arena-players in the guild all try to win 2 arenas each in a day.  For SE-hunters, it'd make it hard to do that, if 100 players in the game all try to kill 20 SEs a day.

It might be possible to kill a lot of SEs and win a lot of arenas, but it takes time, lots of stamina and/or gold, and knowledge of arena gear etc. Those 2 aspects of the dailies really need to be looked at again.

Same with LE-kills. It's easy peasy to do during LE events, and sure, there are LE out there in some areas at all times, but not everyone has a high level AM to throw away doing a daily quest, and then it all comes down to availability (again), and how many players have to kill how many of them in a day, and how long it would take them to do it. 

I love that the dailies have been implemented, and I think it's a great idea for the most part, but I think it's important to distinguish between what is POSSIBLE to do, and what SHOULD be done. It shouldn't be something that makes people not even bother with it. It shouldn't cost so much time/stam/gold that it's simply not worth the effort, and it shouldn't make it harder for people to pursue their own favorite aspects of the game.

Edited by Mzzery, 02 September 2016 - 09:32.

og3DxyP.gif

#135 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 09:22

s'funny that those commenting on the difficulty of killing SE's have little to no experience of actually killing them (according to their profiles).

I've regularly killed 50+ in a day whilst earning my Diamond SE medal (that's 5000 kills btw) :)

You just have to time it right - keep an eye on the kill list and plan your route in advance.

Like anything else in the game - Fail to Prepare = Prepare to Fail :)

I understand that, I hate hunting SEs, did it fot my medal (unprepared) and hated it every second, but you're right, some people should enjoy it, and there is no problem with that.

But I believe D.Quests should be something to make you log in and give you some motivation to do the task, and I'm sure a LOT of people with not bother spending any time walking around to get 7 Allegiance Tokens, or 6 max stamina, or 19.000 gold or whatever...The effort is way too big for the prizes, I think 1 SE is viable enough to make it work, and even a single SE will require a good LF (or big chunks of stamina walking around) and a reasonable amount of buffs according to your level.

Again, if the you're doing the D.Quest only to have some % over your Medal, there is something wrong there, because when people start to think "well, I got Bronze, that's enough" everything start to fall apart and the whole idea will die, the prize should be the prize, not the consolation.

Edited by yghorbeviahn, 02 September 2016 - 09:24.

#136 Removed18058

Removed18058

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 September 2016 - 09:24

Only problem with mine is there are no LE atm.

Defeat 175 Legendary creatures
0 / 175
Gain +5 Allegiance Tokens

there most certainly are legendary creatures in the realm ;)

i know of one that instantly respawns and works with am :P

Fastest asv healer
Fastest rg healer

fastest icc healer in progress

Gotta go fast :P

#137 Bluetail

Bluetail

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 September 2016 - 09:25

Doing 50+ in a day is very doable, Ive done 80 before. The point is that these quests are not balanced. Based on the screen cap Hoof gave us prior we were all certain that these would be small little quests for us to do for fun. I dont see how moving back and forth 300 times is any fun but oh well. I doubt anyone would want to spend 2-4 hours killing 50 SE to get some current stamina when all I had to do was walk 300 tiles. These seem more like chores for a medal, with no actual substance behind the medal (like "Why I would want to do this?"). It would of had the same effect if you had a button mounted on the side bar that refreshed everyday and gave you a medal tick every time you click it.

Id really suggest taking the community's opinion in scrapping the Allegiance rewards, changing current stam to reserve stam, and changing all gold rewards to shards (or removing these entirely). I feel that all rewards should be stamina based, preferably Maximum Stamina, like we all thought it would be. The stamin  cost should be balanced at around 200-250 stamina per quest so even new players with 1k-2k stamina can participate without having to contemplate if the stamina usage will interfere with their routine. I think we all hoped for more here.

B_Q6b8HUQAAyIeq.png

Edited by Achub, 02 September 2016 - 09:38.

#138 hogged

hogged

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 09:45

When I say time, I mean that not everyone has 20 hours in a day to spend online to get their kills done. Most SE take a while to respawn, and if 20 people get it as a daily to kill them, you'd be lucky to kill even 2 in your daily quest.... unless you are online 20 hours, then 10 kills might be possible.

Actually all SE's respawn immediately after its killed, it can also respawn on the same exact step that it was on. I think the more people have this as a daily the easier they could be to find, but you have to track it correctly on the kills list

#139 Bluetail

Bluetail

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 September 2016 - 09:58

Actually all SE's respawn immediately after its killed, it can also respawn on the same exact step that it was on. I think the more people have this as a daily the easier they could be to find, but you have to track it correctly on the kills list

Thats false, they have a set time before they pop up again in any of their given maps. You can have multiple of them but each in a different realm, but another one wont spawn after a set respawn time.

#140 leefylee

leefylee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 September 2016 - 10:09

Fallen Sword Shards is a very nice idea!

no way.. all rewards should be account locked.. shards transfer to fsp then  can be transferred to other accounts...

keep all rewards account bound please

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: