Photo

Fallen Sword Chat

• Please log in to reply
181 replies to this topic

Poll: Is this something you would like to see added to the game? (218 member(s) have cast votes)

Is this something you would like to see added to the game?

1. Voted Yes (166 votes [76.15%])

Percentage of vote: 76.15%

2. Voted No (52 votes [23.85%])

Percentage of vote: 23.85%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#141 pinkdude

pinkdude

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 15:20

This could be a terrible idea, but just a suggestion. (this may have already been suggested before. If it has, I apologize)

I am for the Global Chat, but why not make it a gold sink?

You have to spend X amount of gold for each post. Maybe even increase the X amount of gold for each additional post. For example

1 message- 100 Gold
2 messages- 1,000 Gold
2 messages- 10,000 Gold
etc.

Just substitute the actual numbers in. This would reset at Midnight server time. Just a thought. I think the more gold sinks the better. This could also be used for the FSBox and Shoutbox. Instead of using FSPs you could use gold. Perhaps 180K gold. This would encourage people to spend Gold instead of FSPs. Thus, result in a gold sink.

Thoughts, Suggestions?

Not to burn your idea completely to the ground, but I think the Global Chat should be a mechanism that helps guiding the newcomers, not to scare them away due to they can't afford to ask ^^

In that case, Perhaps make it scaled to level? Kind of like PvP. Where its +/- 25 Levels for players under 100, +/- 50 levels for 100-500.

So it could be free for players under level 25
Then an increase of .5 for each additional message for players 25-200
Then an increase of 1 for each additional message for players 201-400
etc.

I'm just throwing out ideas here. If these get completely shot down, then oh well. Personally, I think this could be a good use for a gold sink, but if the majority disagrees. Then I am okay with that.

#142 sandra1988

sandra1988

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 15:32

This could be a terrible idea, but just a suggestion. (this may have already been suggested before. If it has, I apologize)

I am for the Global Chat, but why not make it a gold sink?

You have to spend X amount of gold for each post. Maybe even increase the X amount of gold for each additional post. For example

1 message- 100 Gold
2 messages- 1,000 Gold
2 messages- 10,000 Gold
etc.

Just substitute the actual numbers in. This would reset at Midnight server time. Just a thought. I think the more gold sinks the better. This could also be used for the FSBox and Shoutbox. Instead of using FSPs you could use gold. Perhaps 180K gold. This would encourage people to spend Gold instead of FSPs. Thus, result in a gold sink.

Thoughts, Suggestions?

Not to burn your idea completely to the ground, but I think the Global Chat should be a mechanism that helps guiding the newcomers, not to scare them away due to they can't afford to ask ^^

In that case, Perhaps make it scaled to level? Kind of like PvP. Where its +/- 25 Levels for players under 100, +/- 50 levels for 100-500.

So it could be free for players under level 25
Then an increase of .5 for each additional message for players 25-200
Then an increase of 1 for each additional message for players 201-400
etc.

I'm just throwing out ideas here. If these get completely shot down, then oh well. Personally, I think this could be a good use for a gold sink, but if the majority disagrees. Then I am okay with that.

Guys for one time please embrace a change without throwing a thousand ideas at it. it's a simple little chat room that will allow new players to ask questions and maybe even bring new players into the game.

Everything else in this game costs gold or fsp, let's at least be able to chat without spending gold or fsp :roll:

#143 hbklives

hbklives

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 822 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 13 November 2012 - 22:19

Any updates?

tumblr_ohmmkinSKX1siy7m0o1_540.png

#144 dogness

dogness

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:03

i love this idea.. maybe a new tab to open the chat page or just make like a new window pop up..

dont know if anyone has suggested it yet or not but im not reading ten pages of good ideas =p..

but like they say.. anything is better than nothing ;)

#145 kisoku

kisoku

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:42

I like this idea, I think that any advertising of revnue or anything of that such shouldnt be allowed on it. Just for the soul purpose of FS Shout. Selling items etc on the Chat should be and offence just because its made for chatting not for ""Free Advertising""

:idea:

o7Yo7oJ.png

#146 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 19:17

1 - Need to be free.
2 - Need a 'report message' button.
3 - Need to open in a new tab, no one spend the time on World Map, with that you don't need to create a '[ ] Enable World Chat' on preferences.
4 - Need to be impossible to post links, if someone want to post a YouTube link, send directly to the player who want it.

That can help to improve the 'Karma' thing, new players can find Tutors easily (when Karma finally activates).

#147 Dulcharn

Dulcharn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 December 2012 - 23:02

It could be interesting to have a chat room under the map. But make sure you have the option to deactivate it under preferences, so it doesn't interfere with hunting. ;)

#148 fs_cody1997

fs_cody1997
  • Guests

Posted 04 December 2012 - 23:28

i think this is a great idea but i do agree with some of the people that there shoudl be private chat rooms for like all kinds of different people otherwise people could be clashing with each other but if you put it into like categories it would be a lot easier and people would have some of those qualities the same if that makes any sense :mrgreen:

#149 zeder

zeder

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 04 December 2012 - 23:39

1 - Need to be free.
2 - Need a 'report message' button.
3 - Need to open in a new tab, no one spend the time on World Map, with that you don't need to create a '[ ] Enable World Chat' on preferences.
4 - Need to be impossible to post links, if someone want to post a YouTube link, send directly to the player who want it.

That can help to improve the 'Karma' thing, new players can find Tutors easily (when Karma finally activates).

+1
World of Warcraft has chat {eg; world chat.trade chat, RPG chat, "city" chat & custom chat}
The cows are offering us chat.... I am sure that they will include options to use it or not & if you choose to use it, options of who or how you chat with.
Why don't we let them TRY IT 1st.... if it doesn't work...... then no big deal. Sheesh

ZederGift_zpsa47e7c25.png by Chagryn

#150 Removed94

Removed94

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 23:53

Why don't we let them TRY IT 1st.... if it doesn't work...... then no big deal. Sheesh

It's been six months now, people are getting restless. I'm at the point where I don't expect to see this get implemented, what with seasonal content being worked on and this pushed even farther to the back burner.

:cry:

#151 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:02

It's not on the accepted ideas/fixed list so you should definitely lower your expectations

#152 Removed4427

Removed4427

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,400 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:28

first thing i always ask is:

how much more would this slow down the performance of the game?

lag

#153 mitgsx

mitgsx

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:33

Can't we just lose some active players to make up for the increased lag?

#154 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:42

I play another game with this feature ,from what I see it results in a lot of trolling and winding up players to be "muted" so they cannot use the chat....Some people really do have no lives.

#155 Removed94

Removed94

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:58

We're going to look at implementing the chat on a separate page (within the game), with an option to display it below the world as well (we would default this to be on for new players as well).

I'm not sure of an ETA for it, for I would think we could have a beta version of it up within the next few weeks :)

Any chance of a bovine comment on this? Just an "it's still being developed" or "not gonna happen" would be nice...preferably not the latter :wink:

Obviously not expecting much work to be done on this during this time of year.

#156 fs_kitteh666

fs_kitteh666
  • Guests

Posted 23 December 2012 - 00:14

That is going to be cool! Let me guess, it's much like Sigmastorm 2 chat system?

#157 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 18:02

let's connect the community!!

#158 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 20:13

A chat like this would just be too chaotic. Spamming and whatnot.

#159 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 20:21

assumptions hinder experimentation..

#160 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 20:23

What's that function a lot of chat clients have? Ignore?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: