Photo

Should the PvP Smasher Medal Be changed Back?

• Please log in to reply
167 replies to this topic

Poll: Should the Smasher Medal be changed to include ALL PvP 100 stam hits? (222 member(s) have cast votes)

Should the Smasher Medal be changed to include ALL PvP 100 stam hits?

1. Voted yes (107 votes [48.20%])

Percentage of vote: 48.20%

2. Voted no (115 votes [51.80%])

Percentage of vote: 51.80%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#141 Hibiki

Hibiki

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 18:48

Voted yes.

To those whining about how such an implement would result in the end of Fs....pfft please. Even though we are on the interwebz we still would like you to put on your big boy panties and stop watching faux news, not every mediocre change will result into a massive catastrophic end. Even on the slightest remote chance that it did and your still whining, Then you my friend have not proudly lived a life worth living. Everything will come to an end sooner or later.

Your xp loss is insignificant compared to being bountied - it takes several hits to lose 1 level each requiring 1 hour in between. Deflect adds a rather high chance to skip a hit. Fairly certain that guild members have no qualms about buffing a guild mate, so don't even try to go all emo and be like " i have no friends in the guild im in".

Every attack is bountyable which brings us back to the xp loss comparison.

Lol think its a good enough rant for now.

-Opinions about possible changes-
Personally I think they should remove pvp ladder hits from counting - this would give non-ladder pvp people ( or thieves as some would call them) a medal as well as keeping up the punishment from the BB.

attacks would only count if the player was active in say 48 hours - to prevent inactive boosting

rather partial to the current pvp prestige so only a hit every 3 days- this would also unintentionally solve the leveler forecast of doom problem

#142 fs_pokemon449

fs_pokemon449
  • Guests

Posted 26 October 2012 - 20:11

Whel yes for sure. Whats the point of non pvp if it isnt there anyways i mean if its not there then isnt this a non pvp game?

#143 fs_pokemon449

fs_pokemon449
  • Guests

Posted 26 October 2012 - 20:13

100% YES! It is a PvP medal after all, and all PvP attacks with 100 stamina should count towards earning the medal. If players do not wish to be attacked as a result of the change, there is always the option to buy PvP Protection just as they have the option to opt out of the PvP Ladder and not attack other players and avoid a bounty being placed on them.

The reason I am bring up ways to avoid being attacked is because that seems to be the main if not, only point of contention when it comes to the changes to the PvP medal. If there are ways to protect yourself, there is no reason to not make the changes that Maehdros is proposing. If players choose not to protect themselves, then they have no grounds, that I can see, to complain about the changes.

+1 this could also be a gold sink as more gold used for pvp protection=less fsp buying gold =)

#144 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 01 November 2012 - 14:11

bumpski

#145 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 10 November 2012 - 12:12

bumpsie

#146 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,964 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 12:44

I think they should make poll in game about this :)

#147 goolsby7

goolsby7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 22:04

I haven't followed the various threads on PvP too closely -- I don't actively PvP, so it doesn't have that much of a bearing on me -- but participating and following (to a degree) this one has given me what I think might be a fair idea to solve both this dilemma, and also reinvigorate the Bounty Board.

I propose that the maximum levels that can be lost on a bounty be altered, and tied to the amount of stamina used on the initial hit. For example, if Player A hits player B for only 10 stamina, and Player B bounties, only 1 level can be take through the bounty; if it is a 100 stamina hit, though, TEN levels can be taken. (To prevent gaming of this proposed system, I would also make it so that an attack has to be in multiples of 10 stamina, so that people aren't attacking with 19 stamina, or 99 stamina, or something like that, as a work-around.)

I think that doing this would prevent more active PvP-ers from losing 5 levels on basic 10-stam love taps, while also increasing the potential penalty for 100-stamina hits. And under a system like this, where there's more of a penalty for the 100-stamina hit, I think the Smasher system, as it was previously, might be fair to all parties.

On a tangentially related point, I would also like to propose a workaround to one of the bigger issues with the previous Smasher system: people who were dumb and didn't understand it, and would blindly 100-stam people every hour, or every day, without realizing that they were not building towards the Smasher total. I would rather not get into a discussion of what the waiting period should be, at present, since frankly, that will just devolve into a "PvP-ers want a shorter one, Levelers want a longer one" thing that gets us nowhere.

HOWEVER, I would like to propose that, if you're about to 100-stam someone within the waiting period, and thus the hit would not count towards your Smasher total, that the game give you a warning. What I have in mind is similar to GvG, when you're trying to hit someone after you've already done the requisite number of hits: when you hit Attack, the game tells you that you're in a conflict with this Guild, did the number of hits, and this attack won't count towards it at all, and then asks you if you're sure you want to hit. It wouldn't be asking much (I think) for HCS to give a similar warning if a 100-stam hit wouldn't count towards a Smasher total, and to thusly prevent ignorant players from ruining things for the rest of us.

+1

this makes plenty of sense and is a good thought here :o

Gold / Kill peaks at about Level 310 or so - and then drops again twice - once at 1601 (from average 300g / kill with no doubler/mer/th to 250g / kill) and then again at at 1626 (down another 50g / kill to an average of 200g / kill)

#148 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 12 November 2012 - 15:53

I think they should make poll in game about this :)

+1 and a bump! 8)

#149 vastilos

vastilos

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 482 posts
  • Canada

Posted 13 November 2012 - 16:44

of course. a 100stam hit is a 100stam hit.

Well, according to the logic of HCS, the only time it's considered PvP is when you hit someone who is on the bounty board or opted into the ladder, otherwise it isn't PvP.

#150 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 15 November 2012 - 23:24

Bump. Still not a single comment from HCS. Is PvP despised that much?

#151 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 16 November 2012 - 00:08

I'm confused as to what people expect to happen? Smasher medal were all hits were included was already tested out and was massively rejected. It actually caused the fastest u-turn from hcs that I can remember. Constantly bumping this thread isn't going to change the fact that the original way the medal worked was hated by a vast majority, no matter how much you want your relentless bumps to make it so.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#152 PreyDragon

PreyDragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 00:14

I think this thread should of been locked by now :?

#153 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 16 November 2012 - 00:26

I'm confused as to what people expect to happen? Smasher medal were all hits were included was already tested out and was massively rejected. It actually caused the fastest u-turn from hcs that I can remember. Constantly bumping this thread isn't going to change the fact that the original way the medal worked was hated by a vast majority, no matter how much you want your relentless bumps to make it so.

I'm a patient man, PvP changes have taken a long time in the past :) Thanks for the feedback.

#154 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 16 November 2012 - 00:39

I'm a patient man, PvP changes have taken a long time in the past :) Thanks for the feedback.

I'm sure you are quite determined, your persistance has paid off before. It's interesting that you feel this is actually something hcs are going to do though, even after they have ignored your blind persistance for so long. For goodness sake even the poll in your own thread is against a change. For your sake Maehdros I hope you do get a response, mainly because I find it quite disturbing that you believe you can make hcs see things your way through sheer force of will, but also, I'm kinda sick of seeing this thread constantly bumped near the top of page one, possibly diverting attention away from threads that are more deserving.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#155 MummRa

MummRa

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 16 November 2012 - 00:56

I'm sure you are quite determined, your persistance has paid off before. It's interesting that you feel this is actually something hcs are going to do though, even after they have ignored your blind persistance for so long. For goodness sake even the poll in your own thread is against a change. For your sake Maehdros I hope you do get a response, mainly because I find it quite disturbing that you believe you can make hcs see things your way through sheer force of will, but also, I'm kinda sick of seeing this thread constantly bumped near the top of page one, possibly diverting attention away from threads that are more deserving.

+1 it's time for cows to (a) act on the thread (B) comment © lock the the thread

#156 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 11 December 2012 - 15:01

bump, any comment from hcs on the subject? :|

#157 Spitfire666123

Spitfire666123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 December 2012 - 16:24

Shardoom, I personally would love to hear from HCS on the matter of PvP, and why they have been slowly destroying it.Polls for PvP-related topics are doomed to fail, because its PvP.

Maehdros is looking to get more PvP into the game, the game needs it more than it needs more levelling content. More than it needs more Titans, or more OP gear... but the cows just ignore it.

Maehdros, on the subject of the Smasher Medal, Its there to punish PvPers, not reward them. So why dont HCS just introduce a new Medal FOR PvPers? :)

#158 Kontiki

Kontiki

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 16:43

Maehdros, on the subject of the Smasher Medal, Its there to punish PvPers, not reward them. So why dont HCS just introduce a new Medal FOR PvPers? :)

And this quote says it all. This is what the smasher medal actually does after HCS nerfed it. This is why we need to add back all 100 stams to it. It was supposed to encourage PvP.. and because of easy and quick, not well thought through fixes it does the opposite, like so many other PvP changes in this game.. And players now think that was the intention behind it. Sad.

FYI The smasher medal was actually introduced to reward "real pvp" in form of 100 stams, and suggested by the PvP community. Gold hits, ladder hits, bounty hits, war hits, prestige hits etc. All 100 stams counted at first, then they quickly changed it after an hour or two without giving it a real chance because of a few loud cries in the forums.

#159 Spitfire666123

Spitfire666123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 December 2012 - 16:55

And this quote says it all. This is what the smasher medal actually does after HCS nerfed it. This is why we need to add back all 100 stams to it. It was supposed to encourage PvP.. and because of easy and quick, not well thought through fixes it does the opposite, like so many other PvP changes in this game.. And players now think that was the intention behind it. Sad.

FYI The smasher medal was actually introduced to reward "real pvp" in form of 100 stams, and suggested by the PvP community. Gold hits, ladder hits, bounty hits, war hits, prestige hits etc. All 100 stams counted at first, then they quickly changed it after an hour or two without giving it a real chance because of a few loud cries in the forums.

HCS changed it to such, and seem to be happy with how it is, so why wouldnt it be logical to assume? Even the name indicates such a notion "PvP Smasher" Medal... sounds to me that its a Medal for smashing PvPers >.<

Kjeften, its PvP. What did HCS expect people to do, jump up and down in joy? :roll: People need to realize that after the initial excitement, itd die down again, and be the same as it is now :(

#160 Kontiki

Kontiki

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 17:09

HCS changed it to such, and seem to be happy with how it is, so why wouldnt it be logical to assume? Even the name indicates such a notion "PvP Smasher" Medal... sounds to me that its a Medal for smashing PvPers >.<

Kjeften, its PvP. What did HCS expect people to do, jump up and down in joy? :roll: People need to realize that after the initial excitement, itd die down again, and be the same as it is now :(

I know.. But you say you would like a medal introduced FOR PvPers. This was it, and this is probably what will happen to the next one.
I would rather we fixed this one than add another one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: