Photo

Improved UI - Oustanding Issues

• Please log in to reply
159 replies to this topic

#141 fs_upstart28

fs_upstart28
  • Guests

Posted 01 December 2011 - 01:30

I prefer to stay with the old system. I have heard too many bad things, especially in this thread, to want to move over. I don't want to be a Beta tester and tell you about bugs you should have found prior to implementing it. I don't pay money to test a product

#142 RedFinn

RedFinn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 03:16

Then switched to the beta map which looked kinda cool, and my "guy" moved nicely one square at a time, until I noticed that I needed to refresh after every step to see whats on the square.

Gonna be a pissy day when its perma changed to new UI if I cant even move properly on the map :(

You'll get used to the new map, it's great and way faster than the old way!

Its not about getting used to it, its about it not working.

How am I supposed to move around realms if I have to refresh after every step just to see whats on the map? How is that faster, lol?

eFqM9lD.gif

#143 Ringhal

Ringhal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 06:56

You'll get used to the new map, it's great and way faster than the old way!

I haven't turned back since I have started using it. :D

#144 fs_jjravasq

fs_jjravasq
  • Guests

Posted 01 December 2011 - 07:13

Apologies if these have been mentioned before. I just did not want to read through 10 pages of posts.

1)Since we switched over to the new interface, do not have access to the preferences menu anymore.

2)Auction house: the screen seems to shift to the right and alot of the data is mixed with the side bar window.

3)i don't have a notebook anymore.

4)When I try to kill multiple creatures by using the number keys, i get the following error: 404 Not Found. the web address is: http://fallensword.com/undefined. I then have to manually type in fallensword.com to access the game again.

5)When I use the number key for hunting and only click for a single creature I get the following message almost every time: "Creature did not exist at that location (may have been killed by another player."

#145 abhorrence

abhorrence

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 07:50

1)Since we switched over to the new interface, do not have access to the preferences menu anymore.

This is now true for me also. Recent development though. I have been using the new UI and had access to my preferences this morning.

#146 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 01 December 2011 - 07:57

Update helper, and you can see your preferences on the new UI. It;s what i did ( chrome) and i ranted on the forums for a while about it :oops: lolz.

#147 mickabooth

mickabooth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 472 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 01 December 2011 - 16:46

1 when i move on the new map the "action listo" keeps saying moving the only way it will show any action is if i hit the "r" repair button

2 when i activate a quest the quest text disappears before i have time to read it ( would be better if the text stayed visible until i move away )

3 i dont know if its a fault or a new change when there is a target to attack in the old UI we had the option to do a 20 stam ,40 stam ,60 stam ,hit but in the new UI i only get one button

4 can we have some of the old buttons back at the bottom like
quick buff
quick group
quick back pack

also whilst the FSHelper is not part of FS it is highly used now and the quick activation buttom in the top left dose not show or work in the new UI
and no foot prints as well

#148 fs_khnaedra

fs_khnaedra
  • Guests

Posted 01 December 2011 - 18:40

I'll add another vote for the return of the "buff more than one person at a time without having type a list of names in" option that was in the old UI...

#149 fs_tangtop

fs_tangtop
  • Guests

Posted 01 December 2011 - 19:09

Apologies if these have been mentioned before. I just did not want to read through 10 pages of posts.

2)Auction house: the screen seems to shift to the right and alot of the data is mixed with the side bar window.

3)i don't have a notebook anymore.

4)When I try to kill multiple creatures by using the number keys, i get the following error: 404 Not Found. the web address is: http://fallensword.com/undefined. I then have to manually type in fallensword.com to access the game again.

5)When I use the number key for hunting and only click for a single creature I get the following message almost every time: "Creature did not exist at that location (may have been killed by another player."

Sounds like you need to update your helper manually.

#150 Ringhal

Ringhal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 20:21

My additions/thoughts in blue.

3 i dont know if its a fault or a new change when there is a target to attack in the old UI we had the option to do a 20 stam ,40 stam ,60 stam ,hit but in the new UI i only get one button You only need one button, it is better this way.

4 can we have some of the old buttons back at the bottom like
quick buff Yes
quick group Maybe
quick back pack Click the BP counter at the top

#151 slingerett

slingerett

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 20:42

im still waiting for a fix to the not being able to see pack amounts in the classic theme...both other themes have this available why has this not been looked at ? is it not going to be? thank you :)

#152 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 02:59

i burned 114k stam tonight i lasted 10 mins on the new map i have to say it looks great but its crap, you cant lock the map to the size you want so its easily zooming in and out .which is as annoying as hell, you cant use the arrow keys to move ,while you try to hunt moving one square at a time. when you do move and you wait for the list to show up telling you whats on that square its just keeps hanging there till u click refresh. i also found when i went to stairs i was booted back to the home page..all in all very very poor experience while trying to hunt the old map might be small but its alot more realiable then the new one

#153 T1GER69

T1GER69

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 02 December 2011 - 09:30

i burned 114k stam tonight i lasted 10 mins on the new map i have to say it looks great but its crap, you cant lock the map to the size you want so its easily zooming in and out .which is as annoying as hell, you cant use the arrow keys to move ,while you try to hunt moving one square at a time. when you do move and you wait for the list to show up telling you whats on that square its just keeps hanging there till u click refresh. i also found when i went to stairs i was booted back to the home page..all in all very very poor experience while trying to hunt the old map might be small but its alot more realiable then the new one

+5 :cry:

#154 Saxon

Saxon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 13:21

:!: :!: :!: Can you please increase the Guild Store upgrade capacity to 1,500 slots :!: :!: :!:

Or more if you like to save doing this again in the future :)

#155 fs_greg975

fs_greg975
  • Guests

Posted 02 December 2011 - 13:48

it is not an outstanding issue, but can you make the number of the current BP slotes change automatically when you loote an item whithout having to refresh the map page?

#156 Bryn

Bryn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 925 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 05 December 2011 - 01:58

Please give us the option to show simple word versions of buffs in the guild list. I really don't want to spend 10 minutes mousing over all of the pretty graphics to figure out what i am missing... :?

#157 Bryn

Bryn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 925 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 December 2011 - 02:15

And, am I looking in the wrong place or are the Next Deposit Reset date and time missing??

#158 Solitary

Solitary

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 19:29

The AH Scroll Pages are both on the bottom.

#159 sleepysock

sleepysock

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Badge
  • Canada

Posted 16 January 2012 - 16:20

After getting used to the new UI and map I love it! Keep up the good work!

Just a suggestion: Could there be a way to make the map fullscreen? And is there a way to make the guild chat refresh while on the world screen? Cant find a toggle button in the preferences.

#160 Bizz

Bizz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 17:57

Not minor problem but, when use instant portal from new map and if you don't have stamina for use it, it's say "Unhandled error".

It's useless knowledge if not shared.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: