Can we get an estimated release date for new content?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
155 replies to this topic

#141 ss_karigulus

ss_karigulus
  • Guests

Posted 31 January 2009 - 20:00

I am retired, thought I would log back again today, see whats goin on...

Still click, click, click... move... click, click, click...

And still everyone annoyed with no new content. Oh well, best of luck to everyone that is still playing, have fun! :)

#142 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 20:37

And still everyone annoyed with no new content. Oh well, best of luck to everyone that is still playing, have fun! :)

everyone? more like a retired level 62 ;/ they came out with new content 11 days ago. if anyone is complaining about how often content is put out that is RIDICULOUS. its a new game. dont rush to the front and expect new content when you get there. go make items and farm elites while waiting. make some crystals and wait...patience young padawans

#143 ss_syl

ss_syl
  • Guests

Posted 01 February 2009 - 12:51

Easy to say if you're a middle level. But i'm on of the player that plays a lot to get to the top and to stay there without using FC in upgrades like +1% exp. I start thinking that HCS is relasing new levels of content in such long times to reduce differences between players, because in this way every middle level player can reach the stronger while they're subleveling. I note this with some of my faction mates. One was level 51 when I was 61. Now I'm 64 and he's 60.
Well, for me that isn't a problem. But i want to play! I don't care if the game is too hard or too easy (well, as long as you don't put us again in the pvp maddness of the MD1 level :P) just give us the chance to enjoy ourselves. Now the maps are again overcrowded, so at least, again, give us a date (such as "we're going to telase next week", or "in 2 weeks" or so...).
I'm not complaining, but still we need some informations to plan our strategy. Again please tell us if you're going to put stackable ammo in short times. It will be a useful thing especially for soldiers. They really need some help, so maybe we'll see more soldiers in the game.
So, please, speak to us. Tell us how much we have to wait.

#144 ss_yourd00m

ss_yourd00m
  • Guests

Posted 01 February 2009 - 23:40

everyone? more like a retired level 62 ;/ they came out with new content 11 days ago. if anyone is complaining about how often content is put out that is RIDICULOUS. its a new game. dont rush to the front and expect new content when you get there. go make items and farm elites while waiting. make some crystals and wait...patience young padawans

Yes this is a new game, but i cant understand why a game is even released with so little content. If you ask me this is pretty insane.

#145 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 23:47

insane? LOL

this game started in november right? thats like 10 levels every 2 weeks. thats pretty good for a FREE game. plus you know they will continue to build on it forever like fallensword. patience. you are going to need it, especially right now. HCS has told us countless times they are busy atm. things will start to flow more smoothly once HCS gets all there games out and situated.

#146 ss_yourd00m

ss_yourd00m
  • Guests

Posted 01 February 2009 - 23:56

I have played way to many free online games, but have never come across something like this. I know they are still developing and adding new content all the time. What i said was, why did they release it if there was so little content to start with and busy with other games aswell?

In my opinion they should have waited a few more months and added more content to the game before releasing it.

#147 ss_conquerer7

ss_conquerer7
  • Guests

Posted 02 February 2009 - 00:30

I assure you that if they did, the same thing would happen- people would race to the top in a matter of days one way or another through buying crystals. And more likely than not there would be tons of imbalance and bugs.

And meanwhile, while they worked on it, people would protest in other games that updates were slowing down.

#148 ss_yourd00m

ss_yourd00m
  • Guests

Posted 02 February 2009 - 00:34

I assure you that if they did, the same thing would happen- people would race to the top in a matter of days one way or another through buying crystals. And more likely than not there would be tons of imbalance and bugs.

And meanwhile, while they worked on it, people would protest in other games that updates were slowing down.

There is always people that races to the top as fast as possible, but atm even the general gamer is at top content, as said above 10 levels / 2 weeks, i mean come on?

About imbalances and bugs, i dont see any reason to why there would have been more bugs with a later release, please explain?

Other game updates slow because of waiting with release untill the got more top content, hm again why would it? Aswell as they are updating it now or now but game not being released yet other games still get updates slower or am i wrong?

Anyhow, i do not mean to complain about the game, i like it, i just think it was a misstake to release the game when there is hardly any content in it.

#149 ss_conquerer7

ss_conquerer7
  • Guests

Posted 02 February 2009 - 00:39

There is always people that races to the top as fast as possible, but atm even the general gamer is at top content, as said above 10 levels / 2 weeks, i mean come on?

About imbalances and bugs, i dont see any reason to why there would have been more bugs with a later release, please explain?

Other game updates slow because of waiting with release untill the got more top content, hm again why would it? Aswell as they are updating it now or now but game not being released yet other games still get updates slower or am i wrong?

I don't recall any clause that states that developers must create content at the same rate that the average gamer goes through it. Does it sound reasonable to request the sequel to a game weeks after buying it and playing through it?

I think there would be plenty of bugs or imbalances...when this game first came out it was supposed to be beta tested, but there were still bugs. There were protests about things like the repair costs, which were gigantic. And a lot was changed. If they came out with the first 50 level or so at once, you would have all the above issues, along with possibly items or monsters that are way too strong or way too weak. Some parts might require forging to continue, some would be incredibly easy. I dunno if HCS would have the foresight to fix all those problems.

I don't know what you're saying with the last bit.

#150 ecolitan

ecolitan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 00:45

After being promised content each week. And then getting us to donate. Yes, they kind of owe us content each week. I'd say there's a good argument that they have an implicit contract to deliver it. Even worse for HCS, it's driving people away from the game.

#151 ss_yourd00m

ss_yourd00m
  • Guests

Posted 02 February 2009 - 01:51

I don't recall any clause that states that developers must create content at the same rate that the average gamer goes through it. Does it sound reasonable to request the sequel to a game weeks after buying it and playing through it?

I think there would be plenty of bugs or imbalances...when this game first came out it was supposed to be beta tested, but there were still bugs. There were protests about things like the repair costs, which were gigantic. And a lot was changed. If they came out with the first 50 level or so at once, you would have all the above issues, along with possibly items or monsters that are way too strong or way too weak. Some parts might require forging to continue, some would be incredibly easy. I dunno if HCS would have the foresight to fix all those problems.

I don't know what you're saying with the last bit.

At first, they dont have to but it will mean a loss of players to the game. People simply loose interest. (And btw this is not a shop bought game, when you buy a game you know what you'll get, how many missions levels etc. In sigmastorm2 we donate and can just hope that develeopers can keep what they promise.

Thoose bugs you are talking about, they will always appear when releasing a new game, there is always things to fix, this will happen no matter what and when they decide to release and the bugs has to get fixed.

And for the third part (sorry english is not my first language). You were talking about other games would suffer because they were developing this game. And my point was, whats the difference between developing a game without releasing it and developing it while released. They still have to develope and ofcourse other games will suffer, a man can only do so much.

#152 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 03:39

thats right. a man can only do so much...

#153 ss_sharx

ss_sharx
  • Guests

Posted 02 February 2009 - 05:38

they just shouldnt say they would get content out each week if they cant accomplish. giving false hope just makes it all worse then it already was :roll:

#154 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,818 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 February 2009 - 11:43

After being promised content each week. And then getting us to donate. Yes, they kind of owe us content each week. I'd say there's a good argument that they have an implicit contract to deliver it. Even worse for HCS, it's driving people away from the game.

Actually, I said that getting content out each week is our ultimate goal. There is no promise. Plus we do not 'get you to buy FC'. We could get content out every seven days but it'd be lousy. We are trying to put out a quality product here.

#155 MamorukunBE

MamorukunBE

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 12:59

Actually, I said that getting content out each week is our ultimate goal. There is no promise.

Are you not playing with words again here? Hehe ;)
When words are giving hope, they are even more important! HCS credibility can eventually suffer of "words games" like that :(

#156 ss_myway

ss_myway
  • Guests

Posted 02 February 2009 - 17:15

There's your release -- viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3327

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: