Photo

Suggestions for new Arena, GvG and PvP Ladder Rewards?

• Please log in to reply
180 replies to this topic

#141 kitobas

kitobas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 20:15

my friend is very good at arena, when new arena token released he play all night and got 13.000+ arena token, he later buying 100 LF600 and 100 BM300 for 10 arena token each and selling every potion for 8-9 fsps, he made over 1.500 fsps,

he now getting many hundreds of arena tokens each day and saving them for new prices

other friend playing ladder and getting 1,2 or 3 ladder token every 1,5 days (ladder resetting after 1-2 days)

you can get many many arena tokens in one day but you can only get maximum 5 ladder tokens in 1-2 days

logic: ladder token should be many time more value than arena token

in my opinion very bad bringing epic rewards for arena and ladder

epic items should stay from titans and RP inventing

put other rewards for arena and ladder but not epic items

#142 avvakum

avvakum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 20:23

What effort on the ladder, some fight on ladder others do nothing. 

If one joins a ladder and it has 3,4,5, or 6 players from 1 crew on it one is going to use a bunch of stamina on buffs and 100 stam hits.  When a crew just sits on a ladder  no one from other crews can compete as they have to remove ourselves from the ladder to regain stamina while the crew camping on the ladder can continue to sit on it and do nothing and gather tokens. 

I said all that to say,  the ladder tokens should not be over valued. 

One way to help the issue... have an arena in the first realm of a range and you must be on that arena to join the ladder.  If a crew does this then their relics protection will decrease. 

It's true that some players do nothing, but why punish others that do fight? :)

I don't have many PvP Ladder tokens, but I will definitely opt-in to earn some Ninjas items ;) 

#143 avvakum

avvakum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 20:31

I joined the game in Dec 2008.  Should I get 2 Epics for that?

well, I have taken long breaks from the game, so I don't know for sure, but the guy I was talking about has always been 2-8 lvls down because of PvP Ladder. 

#144 avvakum

avvakum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 20:35

Some should have well over that much..

Its not about who deserves what.. Its about a PvP system that rewards tokens without throwing a swing and that has had very subpar prizes over the years that encouraged farming easy tokens (not so easy at certain bands, but totally easy for the majority of the bands).. Why toss out epic rewards before the much asked for potion rewards?

I just don't think we should allow epics to be purchased in the bulk that would happen if they were introduced right now

I think they will spend them only on something they need/like anyway. Apparently, it is not in the store at the moment.  

#145 avvakum

avvakum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 20:47

in my opinion very bad bringing epic rewards for arena and ladder

epic items should stay from titans and RP inventing

put other rewards for arena and ladder but not epic items

The idea is to create long-term goals for the arena and ladder. The prices are high, so it will take time to get those Epic rewards. We need motivation for the arena.

The Titan hunting thing was supposed to be a teamwork activity, but what players are doing is starting solo guilds. It should be back to "Winner takes it all" concept (no points). 

#146 justinian9

justinian9

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 21:42

The idea is to create long-term goals for the arena and ladder. The prices are high, so it will take time to get those Epic rewards. We need motivation for the arena.

The Titan hunting thing was supposed to be a teamwork activity, but what players are doing is starting solo guilds. It should be back to "Winner takes it all" concept (no points). 

Because players stopped hunting titan's as they could not beat FFS in kills (back in the day).  Cows added TKP to keep even smaller guilds into titan hunting... I like the TKP system as, I believe,  it has helped smaller crews acquire Epics. 

Let me ask you this: 

If epics are adding in and players come back to arena doesnt that mean more arena master level players to contend with? 

If it does how is this going to increase long term players in the arena?

New players will drop out of the arena.  The old time arena master will do everything in there power to control prices as they did in the past.  When the massive profit is gone these same players will stop playing, their price control will no longer be in place, prices will drop, items will not be worth the tokens used to get them,  and arena will be back to only a few playing it

#147 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 22:12

Because players stopped hunting titan's as they could not beat FFS in kills (back in the day).  Cows added TKP to keep even smaller guilds into titan hunting... I like the TKP system as, I believe,  it has helped smaller crews acquire Epics. 

Let me ask you this: 

If epics are adding in and players come back to arena doesnt that mean more arena master level players to contend with? 

New players will drop out of the arena.  The old time arena master will do everything in there power to control prices as they did in the past.  When the massive profit is gone these same players will stop playing, their price control will no longer be in place, prices will drop, items will not be worth the tokens used to get them,  and arena will be back to only a few playing it

let me ask you this ?? how are we going to get new players into arena if there is nothing to join...and nothing worth winning, nothing new in arena prizes for 2 1/2 years .. ???? answer me that...and i am talking about newer players...not old level 1000+ players...i am talking about those level 1-300, that are fairly new to the game and would like to get into arena.... where are all the tourneys for them to join...less than a handful a day..do you think that is going to keep them trying arena...and those handful a day...take 12-48 hours to fill...not helping either...let hear a suggestion..and got news for ya.

.massive profit went out the window 24 hours after the new arena update when all prizes were 10 tokens for 24 hrs....

well read pots from 25-30 fsps to 5-6, buff master pots 30-40 fsps to 5-6 , twinkle toes pots 25-35 fsps to 5-6, conserve pots 20-25 fsps to 3 fsps....fire stones of bothild 25 fsps to 2 fsps and many more like that.....massive profit gone, small steady profit possible...and lets hear you come up with something to get massive profit back..and if case you have not noticed..there are right now only a few players doing arena..i see same ones all day, everyday...let hear a solution...i have given mine..let see some solutions..

#148 avvakum

avvakum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 22:16

Let me ask you this: 

Yes, it has helped smaller crews acquire Epics, but there is a feeling that we lost something huge - beating FFS meant something (I mean emotionally), it was challenging and the only way. One gamer said that progression is the easiest way to create a dedicated fan base that wants to continue playing the same game for extended periods of time, especially for players that may not consistently competitive. It's probably good for keeping more players in the game, but less fun for sure.

The higher competition will make it 50/50 (or very close to it) for everyone in the arena. 50/50 means tokens will be distributed more or less equally over hundreds of players and it will take more time for everyone to get those items. The "masters" exist only because there is no motivation to challenge them. Eventually, it's not a difficult task to combine few items together to make a setup/strategy challenging for others. Some players just need a motivation to start doing it.    

#149 douglasj

douglasj

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 888 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 23:00

^ +1 I agree with Avvakum Back in the Day,what was the point of many guilds all fighting for 50% against FFS and failed as they are fighting each other, so what happened. Titan hunters merged, gained allegiance and beat them into the ground the grouped and became a better game style. I still remember Rise Against became the force to be reckon with alongside FFS and now its dead. I was going to join RA before going in Uni and thus becoming Inactive and i came back and they are all gone.

Yes someone comes along submits a 'Better' idea to help a small group and then the consequences unfold and end up crashing the gameplay but at least they have the small group. There's no challenge anymore just fixes that fix nothing

life-fuel.png

Also If Epics or (A good reward) is added ill bet i get gear and give them 'Masters' a run for there money same as pvp if the rewards wasnt so useless and profitless theres no point.

EG: in Pvp the rewards make items which are less than the cost to buy the rest of the ingredients. Whats the point playing when it cheaper to just buy it. And why would i 'go to town' buying super expensive buffs... to then win... for nothing.

Edited by douglasj, 12 October 2014 - 23:05.

#150 justinian9

justinian9

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 23:04

The higher competition will make it 50/50 (or very close to it) for everyone in the arena. 50/50 means tokens will be distributed more or less equally over hundreds of players and it will take more time for everyone to get those items. The "masters" exist only because there is no motivation to challenge them. Eventually, it's not a difficult task to combine few items together to make a setup/strategy challenging for others. Some players just need a motivation to start doing it.    

That would be true if players only played one level band.  1 player controls multi-bands of battles.  points will not be spread over 100's of players. 

New players have to have the sets to get tokens and sets cost FSP.... Have you seen the prices on arena gear since the update?

New players will get very little and will be told to keep playing and enjoy the challange?  They dont have the gold nor FSP to do this. 

As I said in an earlier post, Epic are not a good idea unless players or HCS come up with controls. 

#151 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 23:07

massive profit gone, small steady profit possible...and lets hear you come up with something to get massive profit back..

Is that all anything is worth nowadays? Whether there can be massive profit or not? Profit anywhere is what people should strive for and as you said, "small steady profit possible", so I think the arena is all good as it it. 

...let hear a solution...i have given mine..let see some solutions..

Here's a simple solution: Add more arenas. There are 60 arenas out now, let's make the total 90, or higher. There are about 2300 levels achievable here, make each of those sections into sections of 100 (Ex: 1-100, 101-200, etc) = 23 areas. 60/23 = 2.6. So, there should be able 2.6 arenas per 100 levels, sometimes more, sometimes less. There's your fair handful. If we make that number 90, the number of arenas per sections becomes about 4. Tres simple.

And then we could go with your idea of if one tournament of one section is completed, add another tournament randomly in that same section to keep the numbers static. 

#152 douglasj

douglasj

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 888 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 23:11

New players will get very little and will be told to keep playing and enjoy the challange?  They dont have the gold nor FSP to do this. 

Well im sorry but we should hand them a win for nothing. People who have spent money on this game should get something for it and if it means better gear then so be it. Why would someone spend money on the game if they can win everything without spending. They don't need to buy armour/epics cause guilds are packed with them. The only thing they lack is skill/experience and whats better then getting served by a master and if someone didn't look at the log and think why did they beat me then they dont deserve to.

People spend money when something is A = Hard B = Just out of there reach. If there are win buttons in every aspect of the game wheres the challenge.

Edited by douglasj, 12 October 2014 - 23:11.

#153 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 23:16

^ +1 I agree with Avvakum Back in the Day,what was the point of many guilds all fighting for 50% against FFS and failed as they are fighting each other, so what happened. Titan hunters merged, gained allegiance and beat them into the ground the grouped and became a better game style. I still remember Rise Against became the force to be reckon with alongside FFS and now its dead. I was going to join RA before going in Uni and thus becoming Inactive and i came back and they are all gone.

Yes someone comes along submits a 'Better' idea to help a small group and then the consequences unfold and end up crashing the gameplay but at least they have the small group. There's no challenge anymore just fixes that fix nothing

Also If Epics or (A good reward) is added ill bet i get gear and give them 'Masters' a run for there money same as pvp if the rewards wasnt so useless and profitless theres no point.

EG: in Pvp the rewards make items which are less than the cost to buy the rest of the ingredients. Whats the point playing when it cheaper to just buy it. And why would i 'go to town' buying super expensive buffs... to then win... for nothing.

What utter guff mate. I care not for "your" back in the day. You admit to being away from the game for some time yet you give the impression of being all knowledgeable. What a crock. Titan hunting was monopolised by the few, still is to a certain degree. Changes made have tried to address that. Why do you think there was such an outcry by certain guilds. Geez, look at the bigger picture not you personal gain or loss. Your ace, you joined "way back then" in 2007. Respect. If you started a guild "way back then" it be awesome, right?

Cheers.

wil72

Edited by wil72, 12 October 2014 - 23:18.

#154 douglasj

douglasj

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 888 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 23:26

I didnt say i knew what happened or what updated change titan hunting but one did. Isnt the entire game revolved around personal gain/loss. If so why isnt everyone been given epics and extra stam...etc because you need to earn stuff the hard way. I merely stated that a few years back RA and FFS where neck and neck all the time for the secure. Yes the balance between being unfair and fair is very fine but ingame styles cant be made easy so everyone can easily win, everything should be made a challenge in some form not just a breeze. What has my join date has anything to do with the matter i dont know. Like a said Back then. A few years ago.

The only reason that people dominate is because of the effort involved. What ever they are doing is something someone else cant do. They arent cheating.

Edited by douglasj, 12 October 2014 - 23:28.

#155 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 23:32

The only reason that people dominate is because of the effort involved. What ever they are doing is something someone else cant do. They arent cheating.

Really?

Cheers.

wil72

#156 douglasj

douglasj

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 888 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 23:36

Really?

Cheers.

wil72

I cant tell if your being sarcastic or not but yes. 

If someone is dominating an aspect of the game,they are only being much more efficient or better then the other player. But anyone can be beaten just needs time and effort

#157 suderlon

suderlon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 23:39

more guilds and more players started titan hunting after HCS released COOLDOWNS on titans NOT because of only TKP

TKP only got a few more titan hunters but the big BOOM started after the COOLDOWNS!

the best arena players are usually many hours online per day + have huge BP slots with many sets + can use the rest from their guild

most new / lower players have almost ZERO chance because they do not have huge BP slots + are in small guilds with few arena items, most items are for leveling

only TOP guilds have many arena items and a new / lower player has almost ZERO chance getting into one because of the guild joining level

if I was a low level player or new then I would never play the arena because chances for me are almost ZERO winning because I would only have a few BP slots + be in a small guild with a few items

most arena pros invested a lot of time and fsps to get where they are and they earned it but most new / lower players do not have the resources (fsps, items, ...) to keep up with them

I am against epics as arena or ladder rewards (I play the pvp ladder but think epic items have no place there)

put new arena and ladder rewards (items, potions, sets, ... ) BUT NO EPIC ITEMS, people are too gready tongue.png

Edited by suderlon, 12 October 2014 - 23:39.

#158 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 23:41

I cant tell if your being sarcastic or not but yes. 

If someone is dominating an aspect of the game,they are only being much more efficient or better then the other player. But anyone can be beaten just needs time and effort

Should have stuck around mate, if so, you might think differently.

Cheers.

wil72

Edited by wil72, 12 October 2014 - 23:42.

#159 justinian9

justinian9

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 23:45

Fellow FS players:

If I had an answer I would post it. 

I am hoping someone can post ideas to fix this issue. The issue is not profit, it is control.

If you read back in this forum you will see I am against splitting the arena for 99 win players and below... no easy button... I am not talking easy wins, I am talking about how to ensure control of tokens is not in the hands of the few.  That is not good for the game.

I am also not for Epic's in ladder or Arena unless the control aspect can be mitigated

Edited by justinian9, 12 October 2014 - 23:48.

#160 douglasj

douglasj

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 888 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 23:48

Anyway for my point of view on the arena.

Im not toodecided on Epics so i cant really say, but im starting to agree with the idea of bands in the arena, not levels but the amount of pvp wins No Medal band, Bronze....etc. I dont know how it will work but there needs to be something for newcomers just to get a taster and a build up to get into playing the arena whilst not affecting the 'experts' as they deserve to be there.

If a band system is implemented then the rewards should be consistent 

As for rewards yes compontents, quest items and potions however what about some powerful (Nothing game breaking) Like armor that can only be earned in the pvp arena that is bound and is easy to win and thus helping newbies start like bound as in just pvp arena bound and doesn't take up storage. Dont know im just rambling. But if it was implemented then newbies will have a foot hold and if they enjoy they can upgrade there backpack and armour to the normal gear we use now. 

Edited by douglasj, 12 October 2014 - 23:53.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: