155 replies to this topic

#141 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 15:18

Oh No! Cows, you do realise if those players who did manage to get into the top 100 after the original deadline expired don't receive their medal your going to have quiet a few complaints and rightly so. It's not their fault they continued to hunt after original expiry to enter the top 100 Ladder, there is no rule saying they could not do so, only players opinion to this effect. I think it would be prudent to allow those who were on the Ladder at original expiry time to receive their medals along with those that have gained access after the original deadline.

Maybe for future Global Events, which you intend to extend, you can make an announcement on the homepage and send personal messages stating that you are going to extend an event but entry to the top 100 expired with the original deadline. This might prevent this " who's in the top 100 " from happening again.

Cheers.

wil72

#142 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,833 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 August 2013 - 15:29

In the end, only 2 players were knocked off the top 100. We'll see about allocating the placement for medals and the extra chests for them.

#143 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 15:31

In the end, only 2 players were knocked off the top 100. We'll see about allocating the placement for medals and the extra chests for them.

Think that's the right thing to do mate, nice one.

Cheers.

wil72

#144 Removed20081

Removed20081

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 15:35

Good man. 1000 internets for you. 

#145 Zennaro

Zennaro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 15:54

I think this is a good solution. Cheers!

Virtually yours,

Zennaro

#146 Gutie

Gutie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 August 2013 - 16:37

It's possibly Prudent having them listed as 100b and c in Contributions listing. A slight tweak to ensure they are recognized is of note i think, however minimal it may seem to someone. If they haven't hit top 100 yet, (like me falling short out of stam twice, lol) it'd be a nice thing to have them on the listing then as well given they followed protocol, right?

I like the announcement and locking top 100 in at deadline in the future concept. Would indeed solve the issue that has arisen next time.

GutieGGtsig_zps678d4c8f.png

Are you active? Enjoy playing FS for fun and striving for lofty goals? Looking to join a guild that invests in itself and seeks to improve and grow in all aspects of the game?

Secret Alliance can be your home in FS! We are looking for active, motivated and driven players who have a passion and genuine enjoyment of FS to join us as we continue to rise towards the TOP! If interested feel free to send me a PM.

SA is also looking for one or two guild mergers INTO SA. Feel free to ask for details.

#147 berten

berten

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 16:56

Event has not ended yet but will be shortly. Thanks to those of you who have listed the top 100 at the appointed time. We shall see what we can do to set this right.

Thank you BG.

I am actually one of those ppl who got bumped out of the top 100 after time was over. I must say that i had to struggle till the end for a top 100 spot with my limited stamina. When i finally stopped (ran out of stamina for the 3rd time) i was in top 100 without much time left. I didnt check the forums because i was so busy with the event, so i didnt know it would be extended. 

#148 DeadParrot

DeadParrot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 August 2013 - 16:59

Preface: I hunted in the range of 5-6k.  I used the rest of my stam for titan hunting so our wee guild could get some goodies (and we did, 2 epics - try hunting Kantec solo in Jahd sometime)

Scenario: If there were NO medals, if there was no top 100 published list, if there was no recognition (like those lovely avis), would the same folks touting "I did my part", still do their part?

I'm not trying to be negative, but I detest the "holier than thou" attitude :rolleyes: . Would we really compose like madmen if there were no medals for it?  I sure as heck know I wouldn't (if only to help out my guild).

DP

Edited for spelling.

Swearing, even starred out, is not acceptable on the forums. Cheers!

#149 grandpao

grandpao

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 17:07

i been doing the event since day one before the boosters where available and yeah i would do the event even if the rewards where not in place .   and i am pretty sure i got bumped at closing time but #100 postion is a tough one to be sure .

#150 grandpao

grandpao

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 17:09

and i am composing like a nut for my guild  when it happens

#151 DeadParrot

DeadParrot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 August 2013 - 17:10

i been doing the event since day one before the boosters where available and yeah i would do the event even if the rewards where not in place .   and i am pretty sure i got bumped at closing time but #100 postion is a tough one to be sure .

To be frank, I really don't expect anyone to be forthcoming and state, "yeah, I wouldn't burn all my stam. if there was not recognition", that's not human nature.

DP

Swearing, even starred out, is not acceptable on the forums. Cheers!

#152 grandpao

grandpao

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 17:18

i play the game different most people level pvp i do events

#153 berten

berten

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 17:18

To be frank, I really don't expect anyone to be forthcoming and state, "yeah, I wouldn't burn all my stam. if there was not recognition", that's not human nature.

DP

To be frank, yes: if i know i wouldnt make it into top 100, i wouldnt have hunted today. 

My first hunt, the first day, got me 14K and something kills, good for a top 100 spot then, but i knew i would be bumped out. I waited untill the end and i did the math. I knew i would make it to top 100 (barely) so i hunted all my stamina today aswell.

Now if i would have known they would extend it, or if there wouldnt have been a time limit, i can certainly tell you that i wouldnt have spent my stamina today, there are other things to spend stamina on too (hunting, titans)

If i would have been bumped out within time limit, then no problem at all. you win some and you lose some, i gave it a shot with all i had. At least my effort contributes to the global amount.

My honest 2c

#154 BabyMad

BabyMad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 17:22

Suddently people didnt see that the last tier didnt require just 5.000 kills, but 6 or 7k

Can anyone refresh our memory for the required kills for each tiers?

#155 berten

berten

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 17:40

I can affirm that i did receive the reward for a top 100 spot ! Thank you HCS for handling it this way. 

#156 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 19 August 2013 - 17:42

http://forums.hunted...showtopic=58205

:D

0 user(s) are reading this topic