Photo

Sneak Preview: Teleport Skill

• Please log in to reply
170 replies to this topic

#141 WWWolf

WWWolf
  • United States of America

Posted 10 April 2015 - 15:37

implement the teleportation into the game as 'movement' and work on the MR teleportation skill we have been waiting patiently for years

giving these benefits (even playing field for low and high level, slow and fast connection players, independent of country you live in) to the whole community is surely a pro smile.png

can you please explain why the idea is bad because I really see no con to it?

If the Teleport is just part of normal movement, there would be absolutely no need for LF & GF buffs.  Teleport as an optional buff just gives players a choice and doesn't break any existing game elements.

#142 bilops

bilops

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 15:44

If the Teleport is just part of normal movement, there would be absolutely no need for LF & GF buffs.  Teleport as an optional buff just gives players a choice and doesn't break any existing game elements.

that is why I posted this in my first post here

https://forums.hunte...e-5#entry927866

Instead of putting the teleportation into a skill, better implement it into the game and player will teleport to the location of this choosing but spend stamina like he would have if he was "walking" there 

this doesn't break any existing game elements and only has benefits for everyone :)

Edited by bilops, 10 April 2015 - 15:45.

#143 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,826 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 April 2015 - 15:58

Stuff

And we've already said that is not on the cards. We're implementing this as a buff I'm afraid.

#144 matt2269f

matt2269f

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 16:01

i cant wait to try it out myself - they have increased min CD to 20 secs (think 10 might have been better) which will stop abuse on titans - but the skill is gonna be awesome especially for those that leave their hunting grounds for whatever reason and need to return 

#145 kstbhs

kstbhs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 16:02

The enhancements will be on lower level equipment too, but it won't be easy to get (at any level!)

I just hope the equipment is huntable at all times, not like seasonal LE items. And this means new creatures/areas for all levels?

#146 matt2269f

matt2269f

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 16:19

gear with enhancements for this buff? kinda seems like a double edge sword there - is the gear gonna be sets and  comparable to sets needed to both hunting and titan hunting ? roflol i can just picture players trying to switch out sets in a flash 

#147 kstbhs

kstbhs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 16:29

gear with enhancements for this buff? kinda seems like a double edge sword there - is the gear gonna be sets and  comparable to sets needed to both hunting and titan hunting ? roflol i can just picture players trying to switch out sets in a flash 

Yeah would become pretty amusing if the stats don;t work out properly for current need.Then i guess no one would be accusing the buff for de-marketting titan hunting

#148 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,826 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 April 2015 - 16:35

And this means new creatures/areas for all levels?

In due time, yes.

Is the gear gonna be sets and  comparable to sets needed to both hunting and titan hunting?

They will be sets, yeah. As for stat layouts, we tend to ask for feedback as to what is desired for certain levels.

#149 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,960 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 18:11

20 sec cooldown?

but average player can walk from 1,1 to 20,20 coordinate on map in 10 secs not to mention super fast ones who pass this in 5 secs

#150 JBKing89

JBKing89

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 10 April 2015 - 19:14

that's why we need a teleport to cross multiple realms... and soon :)

The advantage to current teleport, IMO, is when using AM500, hunting on the first location you hit, then by the time you level up, your cooldown is over, and you teleport to next level entrance.  Nice feature, but I was hoping for multi realm teleportation.

#151 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 10 April 2015 - 19:18

I know a lot of people where hoping the teleport skill would be multi realm.

Thankfully Biggrim has said they might still make a MR teleport as well as this limited version.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#152 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 20:04

I know a lot of people where hoping the teleport skill would be multi realm.

Thankfully Biggrim has said they might still make a MR teleport as well as this limited version.

I thought thats what teleport was going to be...To be honest i think everyone did. I dont care though a update is a update which i like to see.

Edited by Intimidation, 10 April 2015 - 20:05.

#153 Maury Bund

Maury Bund

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 21:07

They will be sets, yeah.

Why? Why not incorporate it into a Common, Rare, or Unique (not Epic) solo single piece and mess up CoA and CoD which you have stated previously having concerns about it being perhaps over-powered?

#154 Yuuzhan

Yuuzhan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Badge
  • Canada

Posted 10 April 2015 - 21:28

Even with 20 second cool down, it can be use strategically by slower connections.  teleport kill a titan.  Let your CD go for 20 seconds while someone else gets the next one, then teleport again.

Heck even the faster connections can run to one titan, then teleport to the next one, then run to the third one.  It will change the game as everyone's CD will be at a different time.

*shrug* will be interesting to watch :P

#155 kstbhs

kstbhs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 14:31

Suggestion: Could you add a cooldown timer at the top place on the actions menu too so we can know when to teleport.

#156 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 06:16

Can see a secondary issue with this being added smaller guilds that cannot afford  the cost of the structures further concentrating players into bigger guilds ..will be interesting to see what the upgrades will cost.

#157 Chrism2165

Chrism2165

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 15:27

I was totally against this idea, I've read some of the comments and I think it's actually a great idea. Maximum of 20 seconds per use, good balance for titan hunting but for players wanting to go realm to realm, it takes 1 minute for 3 realms and some mentioned they have to go threw 20 levels to get to their needed realm which would take over 5 minutes? That sounds a bit stupid, I would personally change it for maps that dont have active titans to about 5-10 seconds just to skip threw maps  faster, im not EoC player but i know if i was this would bug me. Teleport idea for titans, great idea, gives players chance to even earn the tkp and makes titan hunting a team effort more than a solo effort now. Only down side i would say....is epics will drop fast in price, there are epics like deepwater choker and lestus ring worth less than 80 fsp. So cheap, i would recommend maybe a recipe to invent a better epic but requiring the epics in the recipe? I think it would be cool, adds value and gives a new epic to be happy about. I haven't seen any inventable epics in a long time and this could be fun :) I think the buff is a little over powering (OP) but many say Light foot and gold foot are useless? Well they aren't, normal hunts without AM 500 you have to walk around hitting creatures so there's one use, with the 20 second cooldown as a minimum, people will still chase close/nearby titans. People searching realms for super elites, people farming plants, farming frags. You guys who all disagree read this first and then put a comment on. Like i said, i disagreed at first but now ive thought of everyones input and my own, i think it's a excellent idea. With regards to the potion, i think it will help and they've put it in the right place too, very smart, i know what your thinking $$$$$$$! HCS i think have thought careful and got this bang on, im not sure about the enhancement gear though, have to wait on that one.

#158 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 17:17

20 second delay and the possibility that the second they teleport the titan could have already moved will not impact Titan Hunting all that greatly. It will change it slightly and people will need to use it wisely for the greatest effect. 

Teleport idea for titans, great idea, gives players chance to even earn the tkp and makes titan hunting a team effort more than a solo effort now. Only down side i would say....is epics will drop fast in price, there are epics like deepwater choker and lestus ring worth less than 80 fsp. So cheap, i would recommend maybe a recipe to invent a better epic but requiring the epics in the recipe? I think it would be cool, adds value and gives a new epic to be happy about. I haven't seen any inventable epics in a long time and this could be fun 

Don't see how this buff all of sudden makes Titan hunting a team effort. And making inventable Epics with other Epics will only work effectively of the way we want it to (of making the prices go up) is to make sure Inventor 2 does not work on it. Omacaz takes all the fun out of inventing and by fun, I mean risk which is what inventing was supposed to have when it was implemented and how it was before Omacaz came out.

#159 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 18:30

I was intentionally vague because I was waiting to see feedback before making some decisions.

Teleport can be cast on anybody at level 175 if you max out the skill and Fury Caster. Buff Enhancer does not work on it.

A level 175 Teleport results in a 35 second cooldown.

The Temporal Beacon guild structure will reduce it by a further 2 seconds per level (up to 10 levels) so if your guild maxes out that structure it will be a 15 second cooldown. We have not finalized the cost / upkeep of this structure yet.

The enhancement Temporal Phase will decrease the cooldown by 1 second per 10%. So at 100% the enhancement will reduce the cooldown to 5 seconds.

Casting the buff costs 40 stamina and lasts 60 minutes and the buff does not reset when moving between realms. Teleporting always costs 1 stamina regardless of the distance and is not affected by light foot / gold foot although that doesn't rule out future equivalent buffs specifically for Teleport being added.

Teleport works on ALL realms, including those with Titans. We're hopeful the use of a buff such of this will level the playing field a bit with those abusing scripts / macros.

Having read through the entire thread I find this the most interesting post of them all.  After years of complaints that some players were using scripts to titan hunt with nothing but denials of such from the cows, we now have an admin breaking ranks and admitting that scripts are indeed being used.  Inferred is that the cows are unable to stop this from happening so teleport is being added as a buff in the hopes of letting the honest players compete with the cheaters but that's certainly not a guarantee.  While I appreciate the honesty now, I hope you can see why players get frustrated with the current system of denials, warnings and bans for players reporting problems while cheaters are allowed to continue without repercussions.  Throwing a bone to the honest players to "hopefully" help them compete with the cheaters is not the answer to the problem, getting rid of the cheaters is the answer regardless of how useful this new skill may or may not be in the long run.

Screenshot everything!

#160 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 12 April 2015 - 20:20

Having read through the entire thread I find this the most interesting post of them all.  After years of complaints that some players were using scripts to titan hunt with nothing but denials of such from the cows, we now have an admin breaking ranks and admitting that scripts are indeed being used.  Inferred is that the cows are unable to stop this from happening so teleport is being added as a buff in the hopes of letting the honest players compete with the cheaters but that's certainly not a guarantee.  While I appreciate the honesty now, I hope you can see why players get frustrated with the current system of denials, warnings and bans for players reporting problems while cheaters are allowed to continue without repercussions.  Throwing a bone to the honest players to "hopefully" help them compete with the cheaters is not the answer to the problem, getting rid of the cheaters is the answer regardless of how useful this new skill may or may not be in the long run.

they didnt say it like it is a fact, people arent blind and can see what is truth as can a cow without fact quite often and to be technical didnt they already say it by adding script detection(cant catch scripts if u dont know what they look like) and outlawing them(most likely been bans already), maybe im just as bad for making a big deal, i love the intellectual layout of the post though and thought involved, far beyond an average post, ty :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: