• Please log in to reply
454 replies to this topic

#141 hogged

hogged

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 10:14

Thats false, they have a set time before they pop up again in any of their given maps. You can have multiple of them but each in a different realm, but another one wont spawn after a set respawn time.

Its not false because ive had it happen to me before. I got the same SE both on the same tile 1 after the other killed the same minute... don't have screenshot of proof but I have an old picture...

30ucp36.jpg

#142 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 10:23

the problem with the SE quests some seem to be forgetting with their claims of 50-80 in a day thats fine when not many are interested in going after them but increase the interest to a few dozen ppl going after them and then lets see how many you get ..add to that the amount of stam you have to actually search a map to find nothing because someone else has got it and you will either so annoyed you give up or run out of stam and give up or have timing and luck on your side and get it done

#143 Bluetail

Bluetail

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 September 2016 - 10:43

I feel that HCS wants to randomise the quest requirements and the rewards to make everyday feel new but there need to be some form of standardisation. I think these shouldnt take you more than 250 stamina and 10 minutes otherwise its more of a chore than anything and would require larger rewards and Im against giving out larger rewards tbh.

Heres my suggestion based on the quest types Ive seen:

- "Kill X [Creature Class]" should be locked at a constant 150 (this takes about 250 stamina if youre using low buffs)

- "Kill X Super Elites" should be fixed at 1; its around five minutes and 200 stamina (more if I buff myself) to get to a portal, gear/buff up, teleport and find a SE on a map, even with memorisation of their realms and closest portals

- "Kill X Elites" should cap at 10 since there are spots that multiple elites spawn close enough together to kill easily. Anymore and you will have to wait around for them to respawn- I dont know if there are some that respawn right away but the ones I know of dont and I dont think a daily quest should justify using AM 500.

- "Kill X Champs" should cap at 50; these arent too hard to kill but without AM 500 you will have to spend some extra time digging around the map to find another spawn.

- "Kill X Titans" should cap at 75 with the use of titan doubler this is really only 20 kills and teleport can easily be used since titans are visible on the map- unlike champs/elites/ect. On the other hand I would scrap it because some lower levelled players may hava limited selection of titans (Kantec, Lestus, Kraken, Cyclonus) to hunt and can easily be guild locked  on these preventing them from completing.

- "Walk X Tiles" this should be scrapped entirely. I feel like its a weak idea that got thrown in. Thats very trivial to accomplish not a quest by a long shot since I can just hop in place until Im done.

- "Win X Arenas" should be tweaked entirely to either be scrapped or count for participation, which is alot more remorseful to those that dont want to throw in the gold or time to keep joining arenas all day untill they win or develop a good setup that will allow them to win. It should be scrapped because its much different than the other quests since it has no stamina cost and a player who hasnt completed all their novice arenas can just fill up on those cheaply. It takes just a few seconds to join 5-10 arenas and if you were to chuck that number up you would be adding serious costs to players who have finished all their novice arena wins.

Edited by Achub, 02 September 2016 - 10:56.

Insanity is when the sobbing slowly turns into laughter...

#144 Bluetail

Bluetail

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 September 2016 - 10:50

Hogged, those arent on the same tile and the kills are over 15 minutes apart which is the minimum respawn time for an SE to spawn in any of its realms that doesnt already contain one. If you had a screen cap of the same SE, killed in the same realm in the kill log around 5 minutes apart I could believe you but thats never occured unless its Fushi (which is normal for its double spawns in the same map). What happened for you was that you killed it in that realm, 15 minutes passed and it respawned and you killed it again. You most likely killed two Fushis that spawned in the same map, since the two spawns can be a tile away from eachother or even the same tile if youre very lucky and even then you would have to wait for more to respawn in the same map. If SE spwans were as frequent as you say they were their drops would never reach prices of over 200 FSP when first released, if there were infinite spawns they would be valued along the lines of elite drops at best.

Edited by Achub, 02 September 2016 - 11:01.

#145 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 10:50

1)
3) Max stamina is great would be nice to see it in 25 / 50 / 75 rewards ... Example: 150 critters killed = 25 max stam / 250 critters killed = 50 max stam / 400 critters killed = 75 max stam added..
4) Titans could possibly Give a higher gold reward or even 1 fsp for 200 kills
5) PvP attacks could earn - Possibly Stamina gain per hour - ? <--- this one even im unsure about ( not saying everytime a PvP quest is out thats reward but maybe you could do something like ( " Be cleared off Bounty board 5 times ) lol i dunno just something to bring PvP back to life....
And Please Please Please make there he a way to involve GvG into the quests.. How..? I dont know ill let others spit ideas out ... But would be nice to make GVG popular again

If those were the rewards 25/50/100, it's to much. I think the max stamina rewards I have seen so far are ok. The gold ones I have seen, and current stamina. Are not what they could be.

#146 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 10:53

Want gold? Do a real hunt. This is just supposed to be for fun, to give us something constructive to do while we wait for "grind time"
These quests aren't designed for us to profit, people!
They're busy work, like when teacher has the kids color between math and spelling, etc...

I agree

#147 hogged

hogged

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 10:56

It was a picture for the people saying 60-80 SES in a day wasnt possible, not my proof on the SE kill within the 5 minute mark. Because I know its true, and I bet a Mod Will confirm it

#148 Bluetail

Bluetail

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 September 2016 - 11:31

In that screen shot it took you one whole hour to kill 8 SE which is actually a lot slower than most players do when they mass farm them. If someone was to go at a pace like that it would take almost 10 hours to get 75 SE kills. Im sure nobody else will come forward to confirm what youre saying, this has been common knowledge for a long time now.

Edited by Achub, 02 September 2016 - 11:33.

#149 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 02 September 2016 - 12:03

As for the "win 2 arenas" quest..... I think it'd be more fair to have it be "participate", rather than "win".... it's not all that easy to do, for those that never play it.

I'm going to change it to 'Join X arenas' - I agree that makes more sense for the Daily Quests.

Also I've changed some of the current stamina and gold rewards - note you won't see the changes until the next quests are generated however. Please keep the feedback coming :)

#150 RED

RED

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 12:10

I just gotta kill 75 elites and don`t get me wrong the reward is nice but this isn`t gonna happen as I`m on the road this weekend. Some of us gotta work..thanks cows but this is impossible for me to do while traveling. 

#151 Bluetail

Bluetail

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 September 2016 - 12:13

Is it possible for us to get a complete list of all the quest types and the ranges of their requirements? 

#152 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 02 September 2016 - 12:18

Is it possible for us to get a complete list of all the quest types and the ranges of their requirements? 

I think that would remove any element of surprise as to what the quests may be each day. Happy to listen to any feedback on quests you've seen however :)

#153 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 12:20

I just gotta kill 75 elites and don`t get me wrong the reward is nice but this isn`t gonna happen as I`m on the road this weekend. Some of us gotta work..thanks cows but this is impossible for me to do while traveling. 

what was your reward mine was 16k gold for that quest did it about hr ago killing tree golems instant respawn with am doesnt take long

#154 Bluetail

Bluetail

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 September 2016 - 12:37

I can see where youre coming from with that Hoof, but we already know its going to be one of those seven types, the only thing that changes between daily quests is the actual numbers (which is the main issue). Ive seen alot of variations of the same quest (Walk 400 steps vs 300 steps) and thats more of what I think would help (if we need the thresholds or boundaries of the requirements).

I also know that the whole thing is kinda randomised and a quests isnt linked to a reward (a random quest is chosen, then a random requirement count is chosen, then a random reward type is chosen and a random reward amount is chosen; all from a set of parameters) so you cant really give a list. It would help us narrow down the absurd quests if we did know those values though. Whether were given a list now or find out the parameter thresholds a day or two from now makes no real difference, except if we get the list now we can provide feedback sooner without having to go beyond more resets with crazy quests (which is why I asked initially). Most of the surprise was lost after launch anyway, but you shouldnt have to reveal stuff you dont want to.

#155 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 13:38

Its not false because ive had it happen to me before. I got the same SE both on the same tile 1 after the other killed the same minute... don't have screenshot of proof but I have an old picture...

Hogged: there are other alternatives. I expect the mechanism is not fundamentally different from elites, and I know that elites (or at least some of them) spawn 2 in the realm every 10 minutes. I have had one respawn "immediately" on the same spot, but that turned out to be me killing the first one right before the respawn time and then refreshing the screen after the respawn time. (The thing about random events is that the unlikely things do happen once in a while: less likely to happen with SEs, but over 10 years with many SE kills over many players, is it surprising that someone can recount that happening to them?)

#156 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 13:45

In response to various suggestions...

I think the random element is good, and is more likely to maintain interest for longer

I see no reason to suspend this while it gets finetuned. Some people can simply ignore the quests while others put the effort into beta-testing it for us.

Player discovery has always been a major part of this game - and has helped build community. So Hoof: please leave it for Egami to continue compiling this list of quests/rewards ;)

I think the main tweak needed is to set the stam requirements more carefully and more realistically. Is this a small daily activity to keep people entertained while the develop their main game goals? If so, then the stam usage should not detract from attaining those goals, and the rewards are just a bit of fun. Alternatively, is this a major new activity that can become a goal in itself and will compete with other goals; in that case, make the quests challenging and use lots of stam, but make the rewards match. Given the choice, I'd definitely plump for the former.

Edited by rowbeth, 02 September 2016 - 13:47.

#157 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 13:48

my quest today: 400 tiles / +6 max stam

#158 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 14:35

These Quest are just something to keep us busy while playing a normal game. It is not to replace other aspects of the game. If you're logging on while traveling to either play the game or chat that's your prerogative if you can't do that Quest on that day then I guess you will have to wait till the next day to do a different Quest

Edited by cucullainn, 02 September 2016 - 14:40.

#159 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 14:47

Is it just me, or was anyone else looking forward to doing some kind of global this weekend or something? I mean the daily Quest are an addict plus 2 the game. If it's something you can do while leveling or doing PvP or GvG. Or even just chatting.

So far the two quest I had to do are somethingg that I can do while ding other aspects of the game. That's fine. Only i was looking forward to doing something other than just Leveling this weekend.

#160 tharzill

tharzill

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 15:15

I'm going to change it to 'Join X arenas' - I agree that makes more sense for the Daily Quests.

Also I've changed some of the current stamina and gold rewards - note you won't see the changes until the next quests are generated however. Please keep the feedback coming :)

I hope you fix my CDO hoof. +7 max stam as a reward is great, but my "fix" would be better if it were 5 or 10. Odd numbers scare me!  :o   :D

EDIT: my NOT me... 

Edited by tharzill, 02 September 2016 - 15:16.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: