• Please log in to reply
179 replies to this topic

#161 kingjadie

kingjadie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 19:33

and speaking of those new HK sets, extremely cool looking, im just waiting for someone to make the battlesuit and rad sets... great job with the artwork

they all look cool.. i love my hk set. and the female version on the purist looks cool.. acidic is almost done with her set..

the cyborg looks real cool. and the soldier is neat.. the mutant is cool a cross mutated machine it looks like.. a toxic waste can come alive.. lol

#162 Zaelin

Zaelin

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 08:15

The idea behind the Mutant set was that it was a suit of armor with points of concentrated Radiation in it to boost their powers. I thought the concentrated points in the armor would make contact with their skin, and where this contact is made, mutations begin to sprout.

*shrugs* I usually have some point behind the armor, making up little stories as I go :D

I see Purists as ornate and a bit posh, Soldiers are strong and proud, Mutants are savage and bloodthirsty, and cyborgs are ..well Inspector Gadget basically! A tool for everything, handy around the house that sort of thing...

#163 ss_myway

ss_myway
  • Guests

Posted 16 April 2009 - 11:15

/grin -- I like it!

#164 ss_limeyben

ss_limeyben
  • Guests

Posted 16 April 2009 - 14:18

...and cyborgs are ..well Inspector Gadget basically! A tool for everything, handy around the house that sort of thing...

Oh, am I going to have fun with that line. :lol: :twisted:

Thank you for that and also for the great work on the graphics. :D

#165 TorNis

TorNis

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 20:11

Typo error related to this content.
In Apex location, if you step on Mount Nuwa (Crater) (2,3), in location delatils you will see Mount Nuwa (Creater).

#166 acidic

acidic

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,088 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 16 April 2009 - 20:36

The idea behind the Mutant set was that it was a suit of armor with points of concentrated Radiation in it to boost their powers. I thought the concentrated points in the armor would make contact with their skin, and where this contact is made, mutations begin to sprout.

*shrugs* I usually have some point behind the armor, making up little stories as I go :D

I see Purists as ornate and a bit posh, Soldiers are strong and proud, Mutants are savage and bloodthirsty, and cyborgs are ..well Inspector Gadget basically! A tool for everything, handy around the house that sort of thing...

You should make cyborg set that looks like a swiss army knife!

#167 021962

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 968 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 April 2009 - 13:13

Just finished the entire latest content release, ( After making the ultimate sacrifice) And I must say that it has been the most interesting to date when you get to the level cap. Actually made sub-leveling enjoyable. Speaking of that, there is almost to much content on the 100 level before XP reaches the lowest point. The xp from the missions helps make up for it. But with out having xp gain maxed and energy gain maxed, most players are going to spend a very long time completing all of the 91-100 content if they do all of it. But, after doing it all. I would not recommend anyone skip any of the missions. The story line is great. It will be interesting how they tie the two story's together or if they will remain separate. As I have not seen where my companion from the minor side takes off yet.

This is kind of a long winded way to say: Thank you HCS

#168 ss_gameface

ss_gameface
  • Guests

Posted 18 April 2009 - 19:25

its probably for the best that it takes so long for players to go back and get hte most outa content... give a little breathing room before they needa roll out more, and ease up capacity when they do... after all, not only is the story great but those extra skill points are worth going back for... 100 really was a special level

#169 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,819 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 April 2009 - 09:29

In Apex location, if you step on Mount Nuwa (Crater) (2,3), in location delatils you will see Mount Nuwa (Creater).

Where do you mean? I checked the dummy tiles and locations. Is it one of the stairways?

Well I'm glad that you all enjoyed the Level 100 update! It was quite a tough one for Varkaz, FORN and Zaelin. Nice to know it has paid off!

#170 TorNis

TorNis

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 18:14

Where do you mean? I checked the dummy tiles and locations. Is it one of the stairways?

You are too slow) Somebody already fixed it :P

Well I'm glad that you all enjoyed the Level 100 update! It was quite a tough one for Varkaz, FORN and Zaelin. Nice to know it has paid off!

100 lvl update is epic ^_^

#171 ecolitan

ecolitan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 18:18

This was great content. I would like to point out one teency thing about the announcement. You guys seemed to very carefully "garble" the transmission anywhere you wanted to hide things. Except for one place where you lied.

- 4 New 'Class Sets. Soldier, Mutant, Cyborg and Purist'

The Blueprints from the Wise Path were clearly included in:

- 95 New 'Blueprints'

I hope this was an oversight and not deliberately done....

#172 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,819 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 April 2009 - 09:20

Yeah, it was me! I was just concerned I'd missed one. :lol:

It was deliberate. I wanted there to be a wee bit of mis-direction. As far as we were concerned, it was one more hint that there was something screwy goin' on.

#173 kingjadie

kingjadie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 14:29

Yeah, it was me! I was just concerned I'd missed one. :lol:

It was deliberate. I wanted there to be a wee bit of mis-direction. As far as we were concerned, it was one more hint that there was something screwy goin' on.

well it was cool

#174 ss_draconus

ss_draconus
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2009 - 15:40

I just thought of as a deliberate hint that there was hidden content. Like I am sure that there are some people that if the blueprints werent mentioned on the homepage as part of the update description, they wouldn't have known at all there was hidden content until someone told them. Since the 95 blueprints were mentioned and you don't see blueprints on the "normal" maps except the map with the elite on it, that would lead most people to believe there were maps they didnt know about somewhere that probably had the blueprints on them. I thought it was a nice twist to the normal updates and update announcements.

#175 ecolitan

ecolitan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 15:46

I was only specifically referring to the information that was INCORRECT and not the information that was correct (and a hint) or garbled (and a hint). I think this is a bad precedent.

Imagine the possibility in the other direction. Announcement:

- 12 New 'Class Sets. Soldier, Mutant, Cyborg and Purist'

And there's only 4 that are found. So, who uses 8k energy to look for the 8 nobody can find? Is that fair if they don't really exist?

Again, the garbled transmission and the hint through the number of blueprints I thought was a great twist. I think the number of Class Sets should have been omitted instead of incorrectly announced (garbling could have started one line higher). It wasn't necessary since the blueprints and the garbling had people searching for the obvious spot for an entrance (in that hellacious map). Good content - good idea to make it "hidden", but I'd prefer not to have false information.

#176 TorNis

TorNis

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 19:21

In Ruined Transfer Point - (3, 2), in location delatils you will see Veron __________. It should be Veron Wastes.

Same in Snabith Clan Lands (Tableland) - (17, 14)
Snabith Clan Lands (Edge) - (14, 14)

Maybe in others locations too, which connecting to global map of non-wise world.

#177 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,819 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 April 2009 - 13:51

I was only specifically referring to the information that was INCORRECT and not the information that was correct (and a hint) or garbled (and a hint). I think this is a bad precedent.

Imagine the possibility in the other direction. Announcement:

- 12 New 'Class Sets. Soldier, Mutant, Cyborg and Purist'

And there's only 4 that are found. So, who uses 8k energy to look for the 8 nobody can find? Is that fair if they don't really exist?

The information was not incorrect, it was misinformation. It worked well, same as the rest of the news posts.

To imply we would lie about nonexistant content is ridiculous. We might not tell you everything but we won't tell you something is there when it is not!

In Ruined Transfer Point - (3, 2), in location delatils you will see Veron __________. It should be Veron Wastes.

Same in Snabith Clan Lands (Tableland) - (17, 14)
Snabith Clan Lands (Edge) - (14, 14)

Maybe in others locations too, which connecting to global map of non-wise world.

All fixed. Cheers!

#178 ecolitan

ecolitan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 14:29

The information was not incorrect, it was misinformation.

lol. It's not a big deal, was expressing an opinion but -

Misinformation

Mis*in`for*ma"tion\, n. Untrue or incorrect information. --Bacon.
Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary, © 1996, 1998 MICRA, Inc.

Again, you wanted us to not know. I approve. I think it was great. I merely suggested that providing incorrect information is not nearly as good as incomplete information. For several reasons (one of which I pointed out). I said it was a tiny point, but trying to parse the type of misleading done.... You gave us incorrect information with the intent to mislead us. I merely stated I prefer incomplete information as it has a better feel to it when it comes as an announcement from HCS. I don't really mind when an "NPC" lies to us in-game as that can be part of that character (the Mines had one of these I believe).

#179 ss_nthnclls

ss_nthnclls
  • Guests

Posted 28 April 2009 - 23:02

I don't really mind when an "NPC" lies to us in-game as that can be part of that character (the Mines had one of these I believe).

:evil:

I'm still mad at that guy...

btw, this sounds like great content! Can't wait to play it, if I ever get there... :(

#180 bengiz786

bengiz786

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 15:34

Hmm.. maybe I shouldn't taser BigGrim when he is writing his posts...

LOL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: