#161 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,829 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 March 2014 - 19:05

I'm pleased this has been such a positive event. I am looking to decrease the amount of frags from Stashes while increasing the target for the Community for future Frag Stash events.

Will likely open a new thread regarding feedback on this event and Composing itself.

#162 Chazz224

Chazz224

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 19:06

Talk about cheapening the efforts to date of so many players..myself not included -so I rant here for the sake of others - because you take a concept that is rewarding for those who work hard to get a leg up on the masses, and in essence create mediocrity with overdoing the frag counts per chest..and making the event so very easy to Ruby on. 

Sorry for this rantl; but I can't help but to mention that if you took my entire existance of SE hunting, then to go a step further, made the drop rate on all of them 100% + had me break down every single one of those items - well it can all be easily trumped by partaking in one event at the cost of around 4-5k stamina. 

Way to plunge the concept into complete mediocrity. End Rant, have a nice day :)

Given how much time is used to reach any new level of composing - I will disagree with Rye  The frags in this case seemed like a success and while others may have acquired frags in a more expensive way prior to this - I am sure they are also far higher in level - and player + guild are better for it -

The cows wanna create incentive so more people will par take - this was a novel idea - by allowing players gain frags in such a way they now have the tools needed and just need to invest the time to do so. Frags are the tools needed - but also activity and time play a major part as well and I think that's what HCS was looking to encourage so while yes - I might be biased cause this event helped me - it will also help many others.

Edited by Chazz224, 04 March 2014 - 19:07.

#163 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,829 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 March 2014 - 19:09

The idea is very much to get more players to try composing. This gives them the tools to do so.

#164 Yuuzhan

Yuuzhan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Badge
  • Canada

Posted 04 March 2014 - 19:15

Muahahah, I have so many frags :)

Yuuz-Frags-04-03-2014.png

#165 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 19:16

Will likely open a new thread regarding feedback on this event and Composing itself.

I'll wait for that then to spat out. But the short version... shhhh... don't tell anyone, wouldn't want them to get accustomed to me summarizing...

I was also surprised by the event. Looking at top 100 and comparing to last time goes to show that the huge stam people aren't needed to go all out to get the max for the community.

My theory is that players at lower levels benefited from this. I figure those players down at three to one frag item levels really benefited the most and that's good in my book.

I'm "disappointed" about the extra stashes. My income just got screwed, lmao. However, I do appreciate the bonus and think it was the right thing to do in view of the purpose of the entire event, ie., to get players into composing. (pssst... gold sinks rock!)

For info on composing: http://wiki.fallensw...x.php/Composing

Now, at this point, everyone should be wondering what would have happened if this wasn't the summarized version. Ask Belaric for details, lmao.

#166 Ryebred

Ryebred

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 19:21

I think this gives all participents a great number of tools to move forward with composing - see the positive intent by admins in doing it as they did, and believe it will allow a lot of people to get involved.  Not my intention to shroud darkness over a positive thing, just to put in perspective what the overkill on shard amounts made in a sitting looks like when compared to traditional collection efforts made over the course of "years" in my example.  I really hope all enjoy the frags, and think composing all around was a great idea.

#167 Woopydoo

Woopydoo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 19:39

Enjoyed doing a different event, Thanks cows :)

#168 Tastria

Tastria

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 04 March 2014 - 23:25

I appreciate the largess in the extra chests, but I have to side with the minority, in that it probably is too much of a good thing.  Seriously, I am probably fixed for frags for the next year and a half, maybe two.  My apprehension is that the game is getting too easy, but I'll wait until the next forum to moan.  It WAS a good event though :)  

#169 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 01:44

Disappointed that I threw all the stam I could muster at this and still missed the top 100 by 2K.  Nobody's fault, somebody has to lose out and I think it goes to show what a popular event this was.  Had a few bumps along the way but it was a first time event and overall very successful and enjoyable.  I was pretty happy to log on and find 6 chests in my mailbox so thanks for the extras and the great event.

Screenshot everything!

#170 moonfrost

moonfrost

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 01:54

Consistancy would have led to only 3 chests for the ruby tier...there should not be a reward for surpassing the kill limit. You've clearly punished the players who hunted frags in order to grind out some fsps to improve their characters in the game. Whats next to get killed in here?

#171 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 02:30

This event was a success in my case for its intent. I was not composing at all before the event as its cost and time required to participate were not appealing.

After this I have plenty of fragments to compose with so I will try to do this more often, however there are still some flaws that make this system painful.

*Amount of time it takes to level

*Xp formula which ties into the time

*lack of desirable potions early on to garner interest in the concept

#172 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 02:51

Consistancy would have led to only 3 chests for the ruby tier...there should not be a reward for surpassing the kill limit. You've clearly punished the players who hunted frags in order to grind out some fsps to improve their characters in the game. Whats next to get killed in here?

There was a global event or two in the past where everyone received a bonus item so in cases where the community far surpassed the goal, HCS has been consistent.
I do feel your pain however. I used to be a junk buyer and reluctant LE/crystal participant so I could feed my frag appetite. Now I only buy commons. I wouldn't write off your drop in sales however. If hcs's strategy works and more people get into composing, you will suddenly find yourself at even higher prices as all the composers compete to buy up All the frags in existence.

#173 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 05 March 2014 - 04:08

I kinda like that idea.

Thanks Grim - glad you "kinda like" the idea of recognizing those who put in extra effort on Globals, but don't gain top 100.  I hope the feeling grows to truly liking it :)

Glad to see the future Frag events will be a bit more conservative in their benefits and goals.  I hope the event truly succeeds long term in its goal to increase composing participation.

#174 andyvince

andyvince

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 04:39

I know I should say thanks for the extra Stashs, instead of complaining.

But I think the reason many players keep going despite reaching the final tile already was because the easy common fragments we get from the drops.

So having chance to get so many common fragments very easily itself was reward enough. There really isn’t need to spoils us with the extra reward IMHO.

edit:

Even the original planned reward of 3 Stashes was more than enough. My main personal reason to reach the final Ruby tile was for the SE fragments, as it’s really hard myself to get this type myself. I would be extremely satisfied to get 100 per Ruby Stash (and other fragment types scale back the same ratio, then the whole rewards system would be more reasonable)

Edited by andyvince, 11 March 2014 - 06:34.

#175 Uralus

Uralus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:02

The event got more people composing. A success in that area.

It is a good gold sink for the moment.

There should however be some more incentive, by either improving the composing pots somehow, or maybe make a composing only buff.  AL200 and conserve 250 are great, but many of the top players don't use them, so there is little incentive for them to do composing.

#176 evilbry

evilbry

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts
  • New Zealand

Posted 05 March 2014 - 10:27

Pros:

- Event was a great idea, something new and interest.

- frag stash drops were a real hit. A way to get something for essentially nothing. Well done.

Cons:

- Doubling the stashes awarded removes the need for future frag events for quite a while. Aside from the busiest composers, the amount of frags gained will last for a LONG time.

- No means of extracting the small frag stashes in bulk. this became a chore for many.

- Composing doesn't have enough skills above level 300 (for crystalline frags) or 400 (for SE Frags). There need to be new skills added, and available at early level composers otherwise the frags will sit and grow mold for the most part..

Edited by evilbry, 05 March 2014 - 10:27.

#177 Shylark57

Shylark57

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 March 2014 - 15:13

For me the Event was great...

But at lower composing level the potions are basically a waste of time... I can get higher level buffs... We need stuff that is worth making or make the composed potions be a Higher level of the buff.. I would say 180-200 for the lower level potions.. Maybe make the gold cost a bit more.... Just the way I see it....

#178 justinian9

justinian9

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 22:37

Thank you Cows for those great Chests!!!!!   And thank you FS mates for all the kills!

#179 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 05 March 2014 - 23:06

There was a global event or two in the past where everyone received a bonus item so in cases where the community far surpassed the goal, HCS has been consistent.
I do feel your pain however. I used to be a junk buyer and reluctant LE/crystal participant so I could feed my frag appetite. Now I only buy commons. I wouldn't write off your drop in sales however. If hcs's strategy works and more people get into composing, you will suddenly find yourself at even higher prices as all the composers compete to buy up All the frags in existence.

im a bit more hesitant to accept hope on if more people continue AND actually start buying, if it does then that is a get out of jail free card as already farmers are less motivated to play the game from who ive spoken with and its only been a day or two, anything on this scale should be a once a year event or if its scaled back maybe twice a year, yeah its great for us who used to have to buy frags but these farmers are more faces around each day and they are way more important than just an online number not just for personal factors, not so much a direct reply either chewy :P

#180 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 02:32

im a bit more hesitant to accept hope on if more people continue AND actually start buying, if it does then that is a get out of jail free card as already farmers are less motivated to play the game from who ive spoken with and its only been a day or two, anything on this scale should be a once a year event or if its scaled back maybe twice a year, yeah its great for us who used to have to buy frags but these farmers are more faces around each day and they are way more important than just an online number not just for personal factors, not so much a direct reply either chewy :P

I'm not disagreeing with you but why the doom and gloom? HCS recognizes the prize was too high and said they plan to adjust. When we were wee players, we didn't get to do anything with our junk. I agree the prize was too high but to be disgusted by this to consider quitting? Really? You can still sell the junk albeit for a lot smaller profit. Anyway, I hope my scenario "get out of jail free" card comes through. Then it's a win-win-win

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: