ss_priestess
  • Guests

Posted 07 March 2009 - 15:44

Hehe.... I think not!

#162 ss_bladesof17

ss_bladesof17
  • Guests

Posted 07 March 2009 - 16:12

I like to say this, If stems were to be released then i hope they will be made available for the use of all players easily, instead of them being expensive.

I hope the special section stims end up being fairly steep in price. That might help out the fc market. If the stim is inventable then it will probably have component costs of at least 5k and an invention stage. I'm hoping even more than that. 10-15k in component cost would make me happy. I'm assuming the stims will last 60 minutes. If it doesn't price anyone out of the market it won't really do much good. Those people that don't have trouble using their energy or that make little cred from energy won't buy them. This is normal and fine.

what about for people those who dont donate?

#163 ecolitan

ecolitan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 16:49

Rhetorical question -

Would we all be asking for this or that item/feature if Fallensword never existed?

Two things.

First, SS2 would not have the player base it does so the rhetorical question is moot. No, the 30 players that would have found SS2 would all have top 10 monthly medals and intensifier probably wouldn't be as big an issue. But HCS got massive player draw from another game that brought in tons of revenue. The cost of that is that we're experienced in this type of game and want to see some things.

Second, I would think if there somehow was a large competitive player base they'd want to know what stims were. The Christmas present sure would have made people realize what they were missing.

#164 ecolitan

ecolitan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 16:56

I like to say this, If stems were to be released then i hope they will be made available for the use of all players easily, instead of them being expensive.

I hope the special section stims end up being fairly steep in price. That might help out the fc market. If the stim is inventable then it will probably have component costs of at least 5k and an invention stage. I'm hoping even more than that. 10-15k in component cost would make me happy. I'm assuming the stims will last 60 minutes. If it doesn't price anyone out of the market it won't really do much good. Those people that don't have trouble using their energy or that make little cred from energy won't buy them. This is normal and fine.

what about for people those who dont donate?

What about them? I am tired of this argument. MANY players have confirmed that you can make a credit profit from leveling. I don't donate for things like this. I donate for an upgrade and then play from my revenues. Even at 4 levels over content and nerfed credit gain I still make a profit from leveling. Not much in these cases, but I still make one.

So, it isn't about whether or not someone donates. The real question is "what about those that can't seem to make a profit from leveling"? Well, they shouldn't buy an intensifier stim should they? You can hunt an Elite of HK for a couple days and store up enough creds to have a buffer to buy whatever you want. If you don't donate you might need to be innovative and work for some extra funds. Or, gasp, you'll not have everything a donator does. If donators weren't getting advantages this game would be a subscription.

Finally, if you don't donate and can't accumulate creds then you have 500 max energy. Why would you want/need this if that's the case? If you do, you'll need to pay for it. It should be counter-productive at those levels in order to sink creds from the game.

#165 ss_squoof

ss_squoof
  • Guests

Posted 09 March 2009 - 03:39

Sorry. I was gone for a week. what i miss?

#166 ss_squoof

ss_squoof
  • Guests

Posted 12 March 2009 - 02:51

This what I see. I was gone for a week, I am level 77. The new content came out today. Missing 7 days of play time, I still was almost at the end of content with only 500 energy.

I understand that some players want to do the quick hunt and get it over with, hence, asking for the stim. that is fine and i understand it.

I just think the stim would change how players play. I think they would buy more max energy so they feel like they would not be wasting the stim, which would lead to all my "end of the world theories".

#167 ss_aranka

ss_aranka
  • Guests

Posted 13 March 2009 - 04:16

agreed.

If it would help expedite the release of intensifier stims, can we make this stim multiply the durability damage as well?
Personally, I just want something that will make my 60-90 minute hunt a more manageable 15-20 minutes
For me, it's all about convenience and not wasting hours of my life clicking individual monsters

I've heard from HCS that we don't "need" these intensifier stims yet...but look at the max energy of these players...
(hooftest, a non-player, has the most with only 1000 max energy and the majority have only the base 500)
If you have 500 energy, do you need intensifier? not so much
If you have 5000 energy, do you need intensifier? yes you do

Also, look at the level of these players (excluding hooftest) the highest level player is PhurieDae at a pitiful level 45
Why are these player not leveling? BECAUSE THEY ARE DOING MORE IMPORTANT THINGS!!!!
It takes a VERY long time to hunt in this game and the HCS employees are finding better uses for their time
Above all, Intensifier stims reduce hunting time
I have my energy maxed so I only need to hunt about once a day....but that one hunt takes so much time that I am lucky if I hunt every other day

As a faction founder I have lost MANY players because they don't enjoy hunting in this game
why?
#1 There is no Intensifier
and
#2 (unless you use the wonderful OhNoes Add-On) the entities are not number coded

Combined these two problems have killed several members of Alpha Corps
(and I would imagine countless more members of the SS2 community)

Can we please fix these two issues before more of my members stop playing
...before more members of the already small SS2 community stops playing

#168 ss_werd64

ss_werd64
  • Guests

Posted 13 March 2009 - 11:11

people say this game is boring because there is no intensifier, I don't find it boring, I just find it extremely hard to level without one, the admins hopefully are working on a stim for the next content and hopefully it won't be to expensive. I say by level 100 there should be a x2 stim, and a x3 stim which will be more expensive then the x2 stim.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: