Photo

BigGrim comes to Sigmastorm 2 fulltime!

• Please log in to reply
165 replies to this topic

#161 ss_taliesin

ss_taliesin
  • Guests

Posted 17 November 2009 - 06:20

What about rather than simply increasing the % of the repair kits or putting a skill in that repairs without any cost, combine the two?

Make a class skill for each class that works in concert with a Repair kit of the desired level and increases it's effectiveness?

Say 0.2% increase to repair kit effectiveness per skill point in the skill.

This would mean that having 115 skill points in the skill would result in a 23% increase in effectiveness. So what is now 25% would become 30.75%. It could even be 0.4% per skill point, to give a repair % at level 115 of 36.5% repairs.

It would still require people to buy the repair kits, but would actually give us something useful to use our skill points on.

#162 ss_lionae

ss_lionae
  • Guests

Posted 17 November 2009 - 06:49

I thought of a repair/heal skill where as you walk around finding mobs to kill you regain durability and or hp as you do so, my intial thought was it being a core lvl 250 skill with a prerequisite of lvl 100 traverse and the first class healing skill to lvl 100 also. but by doing this you would have a prereq of a class and a core skill and I dont think the cows would like making that lol

#163 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,879 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 November 2009 - 11:25

What about rather than simply increasing the % of the repair kits or putting a skill in that repairs without any cost, combine the two?

Make a class skill for each class that works in concert with a Repair kit of the desired level and increases it's effectiveness?

This would mean that having 115 skill points in the skill would result in a 23% increase in effectiveness. So what is now 25% would become 30.75%. It could even be 0.4% per skill point, to give a repair % at level 115 of 36.5% repairs.

It would still require people to buy the repair kits, but would actually give us something useful to use our skill points on.

I rather like that. *Takes note* We shall see what we see.

#164 ss_topsy

ss_topsy
  • Guests

Posted 17 November 2009 - 13:42

Damn - your coders need to have a bank of things in every store automatically! This way you couldn't forget to put some ammo in some stores too. Waste of time to do this every time a new item is added. :P

Tell me about it. Me eyes are bleeding from Shop pages! :geek:

In how many shops are they added in now? There is no kit in the the level 173 and 174 store, and I need kits now.

#165 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,879 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 November 2009 - 21:22

Damn - your coders need to have a bank of things in every store automatically! This way you couldn't forget to put some ammo in some stores too. Waste of time to do this every time a new item is added. :P

Tell me about it. Me eyes are bleeding from Shop pages! :geek:

In how many shops are they added in now? There is no kit in the the level 173 and 174 store, and I need kits now.

The thirties at this point. Should have more done tomorrow.

#166 ss_dalicana

ss_dalicana
  • Guests

Posted 24 November 2009 - 02:21

Taliesin wrote:

to be asured that sounds good. but the never did anything like that for health sence we are on the verge to add unneeded new stuff why not make the class repairs like that to so we have to carry usless med packs with us. i think reather it should be a choice like the meds to carry or not. and still have your class skill to fix your self. being a cyborg you should be able to anyways. borgs are nothing but robots. and fixing them selfs in none rated class a and should have the skill to at least be about to fix there own gear.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: