• This topic is locked This topic is locked
199 replies to this topic

#161 batboy135

batboy135

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 00:12

Edited by batboy135, 13 August 2015 - 00:13.

#162 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,400 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 00:51

it's that dot again

giphy.gif

#163 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 13 August 2015 - 01:26

I'm not actively playing, so I'll say it, my opinion doesn't count and I can truly say how the Season PvP system evolved, I was fine with it.

What I did not understand with the poll was why not separate the PvP and Bounty system, as some folks had issues with just the BB - or at least that was what I was seeing.

Also I have to agree with Cyrus on the point he makes on page 2 about the 547 "Don't Mind" votes.  Don't mind is, by my interpretation: 'doesn't bother me, I'm not doing it, have at it'.

I know it takes time, but perhaps refining the poll and breaking down components would be valueable?  Perhaps don't have Yes - No votes, maybe have "N/A",  and a scale of how much people like or dislike each component.  I know you're not scraping the whole concept Hoof, but you're only bringing it back for short stints here and there.  

Scale: 1 = Worst thing ever; 2 = not my cup of tea; 3 = meh, I may play, I may not; 4 = Cool but I'd like some tweaks; 5 = YeeHaw Love It!

Just a thought.  I just felt the poll was a bit too simplistic.

#164 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 01:34

I'm not actively playing, so I'll say it, my opinion doesn't count and I can truly say how the Season PvP system evolved, I was fine with it.

What I did not understand with the poll was why not separate the PvP and Bounty system, as some folks had issues with just the BB - or at least that was what I was seeing.

Also I have to agree with Cyrus on the point he makes on page 2 about the 547 "Don't Mind" votes. Don't mind is, by my interpretation: 'doesn't bother me, I'm not doing it, have at it'.

I know it takes time, but perhaps refining the poll and breaking down components would be valueable? Perhaps don't have Yes - No votes, maybe have "N/A", and a scale of how much people like or dislike each component. I know you're not scraping the whole concept Hoof, but you're only bringing it back for short stints here and there.

Scale: 1 = Worst thing ever; 2 = not my cup of tea; 3 = meh, I may play, I may not; 4 = Cool but I'd like some tweaks; 5 = YeeHaw Love It!

Just a thought. I just felt the poll was a bit too simplistic.

What would get you to play again?

#165 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 04:20

What would get you to play again?

I've done a few recent  events, but  I've moved on and have my interest elsewhere now.

#166 Belaric

Belaric

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 12:21

I've done a few recent  events, but  I've moved on and have my interest elsewhere now.

Miss you already.

Good-bye and hello, as always.

#167 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 14:11

Miss you already.

Well I am logging in to get rid of gear and perhaps when what feels like a milestone is gone, I'll get a wild hair - who knows :)

Thanks a bunch Belaric -- miss chatting with you and well many of FS -- really a lot of tremendously bright and fun people in this game, though many are gone now too.

Edited by BraveKath, 13 August 2015 - 14:13.

#168 uncola

uncola

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 15 August 2015 - 06:43

How about the prizes for those who hit 10 targets in the begin of the pvp season, it was said they get a small prize do we still get that?

#169 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 August 2015 - 12:43

While you are taking the game down, can you also "roll" back those who are trying to sell the Global Event chests? 

#170 clock96

clock96

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 August 2015 - 12:51

Wasn't the update supposed to be today ?!!!!

clock96.gif

#171 murloc

murloc

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 14:21

man.... fighting in the titan league was like old school pvp rating... any level could take pvp from anyone... was so much better then ladder... you actually have to fight to win somthing in this... cant just sit around and collect -_- but now its gone.... thanks alot... people whine to much.

#172 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 14:59

man.... fighting in the titan league was like old school pvp rating... any level could take pvp from anyone... was so much better then ladder... you actually have to fight to win somthing in this... cant just sit around and collect -_- but now its gone.... thanks alot... people whine to much.

I agree, would have been nice if they had let 1 season play out before running the poll!

Can we have a new, more detailed poll before reverting?

#173 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 17 August 2015 - 15:19

We're widening the PvP Ladder bands when we do the update tomorrow and we'll also be using the PvP Seasons system in the future to run PvP Events :)

#174 clock96

clock96

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 August 2015 - 15:26

We're widening the PvP Ladder bands when we do the update tomorrow and we'll also be using the PvP Seasons system in the future to run PvP Events :)

how exactly will it be widened ? Like 200 level range or what ?

clock96.gif

#175 Subject

Subject

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 15:56

A total of 2,036 players voted and of that 515 liked the update, compared to 974 who preferred how the game was before. This means of the players who either liked or disliked the updated, over 65% preferred how the Bounty Board and PvP Ladder used to work. Or if you include the players that didn't mind along with people who disliked the update - it would give a total percentage of 74.7%.!!!!!

What! How in the world did that many vote on it when the most i ever .... Ever ... See online is in the 400's ... Sounds a little fishy to me but.. Thanks for the info

#176 clock96

clock96

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 August 2015 - 16:10

A total of 2,036 players voted and of that 515 liked the update, compared to 974 who preferred how the game was before. This means of the players who either liked or disliked the updated, over 65% preferred how the Bounty Board and PvP Ladder used to work. Or if you include the players that didn't mind along with people who disliked the update - it would give a total percentage of 74.7%.!!!!!
What! How in the world did that many vote on it when the most i ever .... Ever ... See online is in the 400's ... Sounds a little fishy to me but.. Thanks for the info

Yeah they are 400 online but those 400 change every few hours, for example 400 log out but another 400 log in so it still says 400 but actually in those few hours there are 800 DIFFERENT voters fpr example

clock96.gif

#177 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 16:38

you know what. they put as much thought into that poll, and its answers. As they did the whole League when they first threw it at us. Maybe they were trying to drive away the none paying players. No, that cant be it. Thankfully they corrected it before it got that Bad. 

#178 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 17:05

https://forums.hunte...s-bounty-board/

I almost kind of feel sorry for not having seen this.

Almost

#179 Rsrdaman

Rsrdaman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 19:31

Honestly, I think you should have waited on the poll, let 2 seasons go by before changing it. People set in something are stubborn at first, and don't like change, but once they get used to, and begin to understand what they have been given, would have probably liked it more. Just saying, i'm pretty sure that the poll would have been pro-seasons if people just got used to it. Look at Runescape. People HATED Eoc when it came out, now they all like it now that they got the hang of it.

lYKJQx5.png

Need an avi or signature? Check out my shop: https://tinyurl.com/ydev3o2c

#180 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 20:33

"such a waste, people need to stop complaining"

LMFAO!!!!!

EDIT: I thought I had removed the player's name from the quote, but the name came up anyway. )o0

EDIT II:

Apologies to everybody. I need to step outside my own limited box. 

I responded to that "post" with my own ideas and that is not productive. 

It lacked some severe explanation. For me, I sinned by not explaining. 

My personal take:

"Complaining", "complainers" and "whiners" is a phrase that is probably too often used in HCS. I may well be guilty there myself. 

The reason I quoted the above was because of how hilarious I thought it was. 

On a more constructive note: Simply because you disagree with a point, does not mean it's "complaining". In fact, the point above was to show how "complaining" about "complaining" is actually... "complaining". 

Geez... if anybody has the link where Hoof said "we can't make everybody happy", I'd love to copy/paste it for use in posts from here to eternity. 

Edited by Egami, 17 August 2015 - 20:47.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: