• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#41 Veisti

Veisti

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 02:38

How many times have we seen complaints from low-level players that they have no chance against a high level player?  Guess what, they do!  The 2% "rule" is fun when it works for you and frustrating when it works against you.  Take the bad with the good and carry on.

Like never? 

#42 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 30 July 2018 - 04:27

Like never? 

It's been a recurring complaint for years.... Maybe not so common now, but it used to be a top reason that so many people were averse to PvP.    

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#43 Veisti

Veisti

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 05:53

It's been a recurring complaint for years.... Maybe not so common now, but it used to be a top reason that so many people were averse to PvP.    

Low lvl ppl complain that they can't kill 3k+ lvls? I doubt. 

Low lvl A attacks B and B makes bounty. Friends of B delevel A. That was the cry back then. Bunch of "high" levels go for 1 guy and he could do nothing. A bit different nowadays when there is 200 players and 90% of them is 3,5k+  

#44 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 30 July 2018 - 06:23

now i see u are still here even after u said u were leaving 

tumblr_o2ejyuZxoY1ui45hlo3_400.gif

Edited by BigGrim, 30 July 2018 - 09:01.

5aZzW0p.png,

#45 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 08:34

Low lvl ppl complain that they can't kill 3k+ lvls? I doubt. 

Low lvl A attacks B and B makes bounty. Friends of B delevel A. That was the cry back then. Bunch of "high" levels go for 1 guy and he could do nothing. A bit different nowadays when there is 200 players and 90% of them is 3,5k+  

I must not have made myself clear here.  I'm not talking about EoC people, or folks being pounded on the board.....  I am far far away from EoC, and I have no illusion of ever reaching that point, but many a time i have beaten people several hundred levels above me for normal bounty play.....   not only as hunter, but as the punished....

Those delevelings of which you speak were rarely about a simple bounty from player A hitting player B.  For the most part they were about disputes between one guild and another, with allies on both sides jumping in, and were usually about a relic or something similar.    Such things have long been forbidden by the Bovine Dieties, and are just more myth and legend now.

In normal PvP, we are all still restricted to our +/- 5 ( or 10 if over 200 ).   With buffs and creativity of setups it's an even playing field.  But there are still those that assume Player A at level 200 can be preyed upon by Player B at lvl 3000+, even though this is not possible, nor should it be.  And I have seen plenty of undue whining about this fallacy, within the past year or so.....

Edited by BadPenny, 30 July 2018 - 08:35.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#46 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 July 2018 - 09:02

"2% rule" shouldn't exist.

Sure it should. Even the greatest warrior can slip. The 2% rule is staying, as it always has. Should we explain every partof the game in detail? Nope. Figure it out. Not everything should be on a silver platter. ;)

~ Grim

#47 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,396 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 15:24

The 2% rule 

~ Grim

the confusion may be that some are taking the 2% literally

as a definitive rule, something set in stone tablets somewhere

that will only ever happen 1/50 of the time

(edit: 1/50 = 2%)

Edited by duktayp, 30 July 2018 - 15:28.

#48 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 July 2018 - 15:38

That's simply the name that has become the popular vernacular ingame. The percentage has never been revealed by us specifically to my knowledge.

~ Grim

#49 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 16:04

That's simply the name that has become the popular vernacular ingame. The percentage has never been revealed by us specifically to my knowledge.

~ Grim

the confusion may be that some are taking the 2% literally

as a definitive rule, something set in stone tablets somewhere

that will only ever happen 1/50 of the time

(edit: 1/50 = 2%)

I have never thought it something that was written in stone, nor have I ever believed it was exclusive to FS. There are similar situations in almost any game, from the way pieces are fall in Tetris or a Match3, to the final outcomes to battling on any form of RPG...

I always took it to be part of the laws of averages that govern any game that relies on an RNG type of system.   And tbh, it covers and explains everything from how effective chance buffs (such as antideflect vs deflect) and enhancements effects (a pierce or RA) or even if Master Thief kicks in.  Without it, the game would be 100% easy button, and where's the fun in that?

Edited by BadPenny, 30 July 2018 - 16:05.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#50 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 17:46

That's simply the name that has become the popular vernacular ingame. The percentage has never been revealed by us specifically to my knowledge.~ Grim

If anyone really wants to know the exact percentage, they just need to run an analysis of non move arena tournaments with defense vs armor battles. The average over time will reveal itself ;)

#51 RedFinn

RedFinn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 17:42

But... but... I WANNA!!!!

eFqM9lD.gif

#52 Josh1404

Josh1404

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 15:32

If anyone really wants to know the exact percentage, they just need to run an analysis of non move arena tournaments with defense vs armor battles. The average over time will reveal itself ;)

Agreed. Over 2% in my experience.

Edited by Josh1404, 02 August 2018 - 15:33.

#53 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 03 August 2018 - 05:33

thumb-1920-257871.jpg

thats the formula for it i think

5aZzW0p.png,

#54 atta222

atta222

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 August 2018 - 11:53

The Defense Fail rule is nothing wrong. Just imagine it's not there. It 'll render many Armor, HP and Hybrid setups failure.. will kill lots of game strategies and play styles. You just have to think out of the Box.

Build up your Defense when defend if through NMV and Barricade... While use a Defense setup+ hit back buffs for offending. Or build a hybrid Armor and Defense and Fill up your HP or Armor+HP... lots of strategies there.

The only downside of Pvp atm is the lack of player base, that's a main problem..

Probably a secondary problem is how expensive it is to fight older ladder players who are sitting on thousands of ladder points and can easily use ladder pots.

Other than that there other stuff to improve Pvp but not the rules ... it 'll be block head game if Defense is the only possible way to play.

The game will become whoever online hits an offline wins... totally unacceptable...

Maybe if the cows can implement that rule whatever % it is in an Enchantment.. Probably easily boosted by guild structures , relics and Gear... it 'll at least give players who don't know an idea that attacking with a Defense setup is dangerous and requires hit back buffs to cover the chance of failure.

I call these buffs , hit back buffs, buffs that allows one to hit back , Golden Shield, Dodge, LD, FS, SW ,Stun , high guard and I add empower to the list...

As for you quitting... It is sad. But I don't agree with your reasons to quit. Yes the game needs alot of effort from HCS but it's not in the pvp rules nor is it in Deflect. The game needs players.

And players won't come unless HCS changes their mentality. The game can be the number ONE mobile Multiplayer Game Ever. I Hope they take the mobile app thing seriously and not cramp anything just to silence the community. I see alot of ppl playing mobas and online combat pvp games. We can get all those to play FS.

In any case Multiplayer games are famous because they encourage ppl to compete between each other. The less the competition the less there so be players.

To begin with, now, rarely anyone plays a browser game for hunting style games. Unless they are playing on a pc they can't download games on like work pc or schools pc. Most people will download hard core graphic demanding games for such type.

FS has a good point . It's a well developed multiplayer game that can be played on mobile. Anywhere any time. I can pvp while in the train or the bus heading home. It's a great advantage that no game can do atm.

Probably the game needs a major reboot and good work on the FS app. I have a strong belief that this app either revives the game or kills it.

This game is a great asset for HCS, it 'll be so wrong to lose it. Even Eldevin won't make up to it since Eldevin has way too many competitors with the same style.

The pvp style in FS is unique. The hunting style is not bad either and can have good upgrades in the future and graphics added by time. Gvg needs improvements and can have them but doesn't mean it's not there at all. One thing Gvg mostly needs active guilds and players and more people..

Also I would recommend the game to eedit the equation at which low levels make gold compared to high levels by decreasing the amount of gold made by high levels and increasing the gold made by low levels...

Players need to have basic upgrades to compete with the current "monsters"in the game. It's different from once the game started...

I think I got off point due to my passion and sadness about how the game had become. All in all the game doesn't need an edit on pvp rules rather a good amount of players. That's why I wish you don't quit.. at least voice some stuff here and there... it 'll keep us from quitting our selves...

Edited by atta222, 04 August 2018 - 12:00.

#55 atta222

atta222

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 August 2018 - 12:02

Sure it should. Even the greatest warrior can slip. The 2% rule is staying, as it always has. Should we explain every partof the game in detail? Nope. Figure it out. Not everything should be on a silver platter. ;)

~ Grim

You just admited that it's 2% lol

#56 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 August 2018 - 10:41

You just admited that it's 2% lol

Nope.

~ Grim

#57 ikavec

ikavec

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 August 2018 - 11:53

I remember that guy managed to get a tyranny bronze medal... probably the lowest lvl that managed to get it...

https://www.fallensw...layer_id=314983

I think that player wouldnt have made it without that 2% chance or whatever it really is. So the 2% is as I remember a balancing measure that hinders one combat setup to be the best. Armor can be pierced, Defence can be disabled, HP can be halved, seems fine by me :3

Needless to say, I would love to see a return of the season, just so the game gets a bit more active...

#58 gapukas

gapukas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 August 2018 - 04:54

Agreed to atta, its just so easy to kill someone when their offline. Maybe some defensive sets that cant be used on ladder or some defensive enchant boost. It basically doesnt count what your wearing much, if someone gvg's you or decides to smash you after thie hunt theres no way to defen yourself if your not online. Maybe notifications when someones getting hit by bounty board and gvg in guild log. just some raw ideas :=)

Edited by gapukas, 10 August 2018 - 04:56.

#59 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 05:27

Agreed to atta, its just so easy to kill someone when their offline. Maybe some defensive sets that cant be used on ladder or some defensive enchant boost. It basically doesnt count what your wearing much, if someone gvg's you or decides to smash you after thie hunt theres no way to defen yourself if your not online. Maybe notifications when someones getting hit by bounty board and gvg in guild log. just some raw ideas :=)

yeah, sitting around in epics, no way to defend, or very little.  But a few of us still know how to design a proper offline kit.   I do, just too lazy these days....  and there are deterrent buffs that may not stop a hit, but will at the least irritate  an attacker....  and may discourage further attacks....

Also if on the bb, you deserve whatever damages you receive, for the most part.    It's not a guilds responsibility to protect you....... So no need to put this into the guild logs....   

As for mass GvG protection, I have suggested an RP pack for this specific purpose, BG said it would be considered along with other RP ideas.....

Edited by BadPenny, 10 August 2018 - 05:27.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#60 Dulcharn

Dulcharn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 August 2018 - 19:29

Use a hybrid setup just in case of the 2% kicks in. This means you use armor in addition to other stats, to make sure they don't get through your defense with the 2% rule. The history of this rule started about 9 years ago in the arena when players were getting unresolved battle results and the server chose the winner at random. In order for there to be a true winner there needed to be a 2% chance of getting through, regardless. It sounds silly, but very much needed in the arena. Somehow it found its way into the PvP system throughout the game - there it sucks - but gets players to be more creative in their setups/ stats. Don't give up. Learn, improve and be merry with a Belgian ale ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: