69 replies to this topic

#21 Pythia

Pythia

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 20:47

I've always likened traveling composers to any other traveler.

Life of the traveler on The Bards Road.

A song for my breakfast,

a poem for my lunch.

I dance for my dinner,

it doesn't cost much.

I'm here, I'm there,

I'm on down the road,

Come rain, come shine,

travelers are not board.

#22 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 21:58

100% against composing pots being able to be sold above and beyond Travelling Composers (TCs).

I'm 99% sure everyone constantly complaining about uber pots being the downfall of the game agree. I don't hold that position.

In my opinion, TCs are beneficial to the game. And yeah, I highly support and suggest WWWolf.

That said, I openly laugh at the anti-uber pot ideology and am quite sure that the FS Community in general have a handle on the costs involved. 

HCS has openly stated that the idea was unexpected but opted to give it the green light. 

Like my common frag farming... if you're jealous, do it.

This is not at all a shot at EP as what I believe he is getting at is the originally "unintended" intention of TCs. 

I see zero direct economic effect to it. Laziness is not a profit margin... neither for us or HCS. 

Oddly enough, I think TCs contribute to HCS income. But it's not a developed thought.

#23 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 22:03

Well it's pretty apparent that composing will never be balanced so the next best thing is everyone having these buffs.

#24 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 22:05

Oddly enough, I think TCs contribute to HCS income. But it's not a developed thought.

Right, i guess? I'd say it's fairly negligible at that. But with that logic a very limited and regulated special AH would work. Maybe like a variation of mine and yjorb idea. Would make for a cool gold sink as well since yjorb wanted some tax in it. Emphasis on LIMITED and REGULATED.

Edited by EpicPiety, 18 March 2016 - 22:07.

#25 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 22:39

Right, i guess? I'd say it's fairly negligible at that. 

So then, why bother? ho-hum.

EDIT: only got now to the bottom of the OP post... C. 

And yeah, I don't vote. 

Edited by Egami, 18 March 2016 - 22:45.

#26 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 23:42

The game is in front of us all to play, we can all play any part of it any day or time we choose. That said every single player has the same option to increase their composing level..If guilds do not develop and support their own composers, why should they benefit from others who have?

It is a guild activity members in 2 guilds I have been in have all supported and given their composers frags and gold to assist their levelling and ultimately their guilds ease of gameplay. Do these "travellers" then support their guilds and give fsps from their profits.. or do they see themselves as individuals owing nothing to those who supported them?

The whole premise of composing was as a guild team benefit and it created the greatest single gold/stamina sink the game has known. That has been bypassed now. I for one would like to know What Hoofmasters Plans are to address it.

#27 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 23:57

Ye ol' double standard... Few dominated and profited THing and thus CD was brought into play. This seem any different? Hmmm... Food for thought.

Edited by EpicPiety, 18 March 2016 - 23:57.

#28 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 19 March 2016 - 00:05

Well it's pretty apparent that composing will never be balanced so the next best thing is everyone having these buffs.

Well, so long as "everyone" has worked to get to achieve the skills or is within a guild that has someone who has been dedicated to composing.

NO to selling composed potions on the free market 100%

Edited by Davros81, 19 March 2016 - 00:07.

#29 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 00:53

Well, so long as "everyone" has worked to get to achieve the skills or is within a guild that has someone who has been dedicated to composing.

NO to selling composed potions on the free market 100%

You reap what you sow unfortunate truth...

#30 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 19 March 2016 - 01:29

it created the greatest single gold/stamina sink the game has known.

that really rings true to me for the first time, composing has had a huge impact on the game, maybe one of the biggest, definitely up there, ty for pointing that out zizz :)

#31 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 01:37

Believe it's like 350m gold 1-60 if you do 20s then 30s...if you do 20s 30s then 40s it's about 600m. Not even gonna mention the millions that people use on instants

Edited by EpicPiety, 19 March 2016 - 01:37.

#32 TxLxS

TxLxS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 02:36

Look I honesty use traveling composers and I will drop a 100 fsp on pots alone sometimes more and I just want to say I support traveling composers I think certian ones can offer very reasonable prices for the trouble of having to farm uber amount of frags which helps with getting fsp and gold circulating in game and makes them available why don't you just leave your Guild and sell them it isn't easy if not everyone would do if remember that if it's easy everyone would do if not being able to level as much not putting in guild XP Ect I can go on

Edited by TxLxS, 19 March 2016 - 02:38.

#33 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 03:08

It is easy and making composing pot's are essentially free with the rampid events. Leaving guild to sell coulda sworn it was a guild activity :P. I also wouldn't consider spreading the wealth by spreading to a select minority. Many of the arguments here was how TH got restricted.

Edited by EpicPiety, 19 March 2016 - 03:09.

#34 TxLxS

TxLxS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 03:23

What does that select minority have a certain amount of fsp lol you don't know it might go to guild upgrades Ect I only have 200 on hand what do you have 2k lol its just like you can make fsp composing you can make fsp Titan hunting farming gvging scavinging pvp On the ladder in the areana it's not there fault no one else is willing to do it

Most high composers don't even give pots away to guildies they charge a little less or require stuff so yea it cost it's just I mean put in the effert to get there your self

Edited by TxLxS, 19 March 2016 - 03:25.

#35 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 03:34

Regardless how many fsps i have that doesn't matter. Just leaving at this tho... Quite the ugly double standard in FS. 

Edited by EpicPiety, 19 March 2016 - 03:42.

#36 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 05:12

What does that select minority have a certain amount of fsp lol you don't know it might go to guild upgrades Ect I only have 200 on hand what do you have 2k lol its just like you can make fsp composing you can make fsp Titan hunting farming gvging scavinging pvp On the ladder in the areana it's not there fault no one else is willing to do it

Most high composers don't even give pots away to guildies they charge a little less or require stuff so yea it cost it's just I mean put in the effert to get there your self

Actually Several Guilds with Home grown level 60 composers have free pots for their members for all types of game play...

#37 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 10:58

Leaving guild to sell coulda sworn it was a guild activity :P

As I remember it, it wasn't presented as a "Guild activity". It was decided that the pots would be bound to keep them in the Guild.

Traveling Composing was "invented" to get around that "loophole", was unexpected by HCS and was approved. The pots remain in the Guild.

There are "costs" to doing this which, as usual, people tend to conveniently overlook (not referring to EP here who threw out the 350m figure -ouch-, but others).

I believe GvG is a guild activity. Beyond that, the only thing that has time and time again been touted as a "guild activity" by HCS is Titan Hunting. Would one follow the logic then and suggest that Titan rewards be bound? I definitely wouldn't.

You "might" consider the fact that composing pots are bound to be an activity equivalent to cool down. And when attempting to draw the "7-day" parallel, I think you should keep in mind that there are many Titans.

Actually Several Guilds with Home grown level 60 composers have free pots for their members for all types of game play...

I put these two together because these are key points and there seems to be a lot of confusion.

I can state for a fact that there is a wide variety of methods to doing composing pots in game. You definitely cannot make a blanket statement about how composing works in Guilds. There are diverse cost-sharing methods.

Edited by Egami, 19 March 2016 - 10:59.

#38 lapdragon

lapdragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 12:41

im a bit confused here, TC was implemented because many guilds were complaining that they had no chance against the bigger guilds who would quickly get the required kills.  seems kinda fair...not much complaining any more...i know in my guild alone we have few who solo the titans......but im not seeing anyone here who USES traveling composers complaining....and those that ARE complaining....have level 60 composers, so, seems like they are trying to limit others from those same pots.  THAT is one of the "benefits" or STOPPING the composers from coming to my guild.  so that until someone in my guild reaches level 60+, we cannot compete with you.......so that to me sounds exactly like what happened with TH, traveling composing is making the playing field even....no one is forced to have a composer come to their guild...ALL can ask a composer to visit....and no one is FORCED to purchase pots from the composer when they are visiting a guild.  The two we have had visit...stay out of GVG, do not talk of other guilds...are extremely neutral....not sure where the real problem is other than that fact that with no level 60 composer in my guild...i am still able to have access to level 60 pots..........

#39 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 19 March 2016 - 12:59

I, for one, don't have L60 composers in my guild Lap, and I still think that guild hopping / travelling composers shouldn't have been allowed (despite my earlier opinions, when composing was introduced being different).

That said, I know that now that won't change - but some sort of limitation placed on them seems only fair - and the 7 day membership in a guild seems the best way forward IMO.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#40 TxLxS

TxLxS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 13:01

not sure where the real problem is other than that fact that with no level 60 composer in my guild...i am still able to have access to level 60 pots..........

That is my point also to I started playing last October/September last year again and I've leveled to level 16 composing but if I want to be in a small guild why try to keep me from getting higher level pots it's not my fault I quiet playing for years and came back lol if if new people join up and make a guild they can have access too why try to keep it from more people and even if they did take away traveling composers I wouldn't leave my guild I just probably quit playing again cause that's just stupid

Edited by TxLxS, 19 March 2016 - 13:51.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: