koenvdv

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • Badge
  • Belgium

Posted 19 November 2013 - 10:11

I have added all maps of level 1105-1200 and 1251-1700 with all the information it should have, exept the World Area Map location.

To add these I have used this tool: http://fallenswordda...Wiki/index.html

You can use it by copying the HTML from the official guide into the top left box and clicking Create Map. It will somethimes ask u to give the Quest or Portal name if there are any. Check the location on official guide and fill in the quest name, nothing or portal. Quest names on that area will be shown in the box quests after u clicked Create Map.

If the text on the left didn't disapear after clicking Create Map then there has gone something wrong.

If the tool doesn't work and the map images have been added already then u can add the creatures, quest, stair links, etc. manualy.

To add links on the map, u have to use the template mapnote (http://wiki.fallensword.com/index.php/Template:MapNote).

It is easy to do and I'll give a little explenation.

Go to wiki, log in and go to the area by searching his name or using the list of areas. Klick edit next to map to edit the map.

The map is built in a table and it has a row and column number. It will look like this:

|-
|0 (row 0)
|image (column 1)
|image (column 2)
|image (column 3)
|-
|1 (row 1)
|

|- indicates a new row and | indicates a new column in that row

Often the link of stairs has the word stair in it so u could look for them with ctrl+F. The first one u get will be the highest most to the left. This can help to speed up the process.

Now to add a stair link with mapnote u have to change this:

by replacing | with |{{MapNote|image= and at the end u put |target=PAGE TO LINK TO|type=TYPE OF PAGE}}

It will look like this then:
|{{MapNote|image=http://huntedcow.cachefly.net/fs/stairways/2143_b.gif|target=PAGE TO LINK TO|type=TYPE OF PAGE}}

Now u only need to replace PAGE TO LINK TO with the area name it takes u to and TYPE OF AREA with A for areas and WA for world areas.

Edited by koenvdv, 25 November 2013 - 09:34.

#2 Maj

Maj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 11:32

Back in July I was able to automate the creation of area templates in the wiki by extracting html from UFSG and feeding them to an online regex parser. I think I still have those regex patterns saved somewhere...

It would be great if we can fully parse data from UFSG and automatically generate a corresponding wiki entry for each map. Perhaps someone who has the spare time can create a simple php script that accepts an html string (extracted from the corresponding map page from UFSG) and outputs a string in FSWiki {{map}} format. I'll provide you the regex patterns you'll need (if I find them).

#3 koenvdv

koenvdv

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • Badge
  • Belgium

Posted 19 November 2013 - 11:56

Back in July I was able to automate the creation of area templates in the wiki by extracting html from UFSG and feeding them to an online regex parser. I think I still have those regex patterns saved somewhere...

It would be great if we can fully parse data from UFSG and automatically generate a corresponding wiki entry for each map. Perhaps someone who has the spare time can create a simple php script that accepts an html string (extracted from the corresponding map page from UFSG) and outputs a string in FSWiki {{map}} format. I'll provide you the regex patterns you'll need (if I find them).

I was trying to make one by using java/html. I made a input field where u can copy the whole source code from the official guide . I tried putting this in a variable and extracting the realmcontainer (getElementByClassName()) by class and then extracting the images source by tag getElementsByTagName('img').src but it didn't work and I don't know enough of java to fix the problems. Once I get these image sources in a array then it is easy. 

So I went on by a different approach by coppying only the realmcontainer HTML and letting java replace everything. <tr> by |- and <td> by | . It works but it still needs to be hand corrected since some things aren't removed cause they are different on every page (mouseover events and onclicks). IT also doesn't work in any of my browsers so I have to use it in the tool I made it with.

Edited by koenvdv, 19 November 2013 - 12:01.

#4 Bizz

Bizz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 16:27

I was trying to make one by using java/html. I made a input field where u can copy the whole source code from the official guide . I tried putting this in a variable and extracting the realmcontainer (getElementByClassName()) by class and then extracting the images source by tag getElementsByTagName('img').src but it didn't work and I don't know enough of java to fix the problems. Once I get these image sources in a array then it is easy. 

So I went on by a different approach by coppying only the realmcontainer HTML and letting java replace everything. <tr> by |- and <td> by | . It works but it still needs to be hand corrected since some things aren't removed cause they are different on every page (mouseover events and onclicks). IT also doesn't work in any of my browsers so I have to use it in the tool I made it with.

First, Java != JavaScript :)

Second, feel free to contact me at any time with any programming request, I have lot of experience in this field as I'm web developer in RL.

It's useless knowledge if not shared.

#5 koenvdv

koenvdv

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • Badge
  • Belgium

Posted 20 November 2013 - 08:47

Thank Bizzpu17 for helping me with making a tool for this. He did all of the java code.

I will be adding the realms much faster and more complete now  :D .

The tool can be found on: http://fallenswordda...Wiki/index.html

Now we only have to wait till wiki is back.

Edited by koenvdv, 25 November 2013 - 09:34.

#6 koenvdv

koenvdv

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • Badge
  • Belgium

Posted 20 November 2013 - 13:51

Known problems with tool: 

• Create Map not working
  • Bottom rows of images gets added in columns to the right

#7 Tazarian

Tazarian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Canada

Posted 20 November 2013 - 14:11

Okay, a heads up.  It's now L1105 and up that has no info now.  It was there before the Wiki went down.  Thanks for putting in the info (cords and stuff).  Since I use a voice program to play FS with (-1% vision), I need to find cords to move around and stuff.  I've asked my guide dog but, all I get is barked at.....sort of the same thing when I ask my wife stuff too. LOL

So, thanks if you can fix the wiki since I use it for the simple matter of it's the only source I have to play the game correctly.:)

#8 koenvdv

koenvdv

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • Badge
  • Belgium

Posted 20 November 2013 - 15:19

Okay, a heads up.  It's now L1105 and up that has no info now.  It was there before the Wiki went down.  Thanks for putting in the info (cords and stuff).  Since I use a voice program to play FS with (-1% vision), I need to find cords to move around and stuff.  I've asked my guide dog but, all I get is barked at.....sort of the same thing when I ask my wife stuff too. LOL

So, thanks if you can fix the wiki since I use it for the simple matter of it's the only source I have to play the game correctly. :)

Those areas don't have the links on the map yet. They still need to be added with mapnote template.

Do you use the links above the map or on the wiki map? Cause the tool only adds area links on map, atleast for now. I'll start to update those first then so that you can continue.

One of the bugs has been fixed. Now bottom rows will no longer be placed on the right. It was because mapWidth and mapWidth were switched in the code.

#9 Tazarian

Tazarian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Canada

Posted 20 November 2013 - 16:43

Thanks.:)  Already see areas (locations, stairs and, where I come in from a portal to a world/area) in the wiki.  I appreciate the fast work in fixing it.  Now, I won't need to sweat over it and, can try to beat my guild founder to L1200.  I quickly looked at L1105 area and, I can get the cords now. 

#10 Maj

Maj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 03:46

Thank Bizzpu17 for helping me with making a tool for this. He did all of the java code.

I will be adding the realms much faster and more complete now  :D .

The tool can be found on: http://fallenswordda...guide2wiki.html

Now we only have to wait till wiki is back.

Looks great. The only things missing are mapnotes for master realms, shops, and quests.

Edited by Raistlin Majere, 21 November 2013 - 03:48.

#11 koenvdv

koenvdv

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • Badge
  • Belgium

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:23

Looks great. The only things missing are mapnotes for master realms, shops, and quests.

bizzpu17 released an update on the tool and I tweaked it to be user friendly. He did some great work in adding the information like quests, creatures, stairs locations etc.

Check it out on: http://fallenswordda...Wiki/index.html

Only little thing missing is creatures and quests between [[]] and a * before it. This weekend he'll have some time to finish that.

Edited by koenvdv, 25 November 2013 - 09:33.

#12 koenvdv

koenvdv

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • Badge
  • Belgium

Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:19

The *[[ ]] are now added automaticly and the tool should be complete.

I have added full areas from level 1105-1200 and 1251-1700. Someone else has already added areas 1201-1250.

If you want to help on creating areas please contact me and we will put up a strategic plan so we don't do double work ^^.

Edited by koenvdv, 23 November 2013 - 15:09.

#13 koenvdv

koenvdv

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • Badge
  • Belgium

Posted 23 November 2013 - 16:55

ALL AREAS ADDED UP TO 1775!

A total of 705 areas have been added.

#14 koenvdv

koenvdv

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • Badge
  • Belgium

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:33

bizzpu17 made a new version of the Guide2Wiki map tool and I must say: he made some huge improvements.

Try the new one out here: http://fallenswordda...Wiki/index.html

#15 Bizz

Bizz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 11:33

Just a little update after almost 5 years :)

Tool is now hosted on Github: https://bizz.github.io/Guide2Wiki/

Tool is also updated to use new FallenSword CDN hostname.

For any issues/improvements raise issue here: https://github.com/B...ide2Wiki/issues

It's useless knowledge if not shared.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: