Photo

09/19/13 Patch Notes - version 0.85 - build 4359

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
43 replies to this topic

#21 Elnestor

Elnestor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 September 2013 - 00:17

This portal is not to be used yet. Take the other one, just at the backside of the entry portal ;)

~ Be a friendly Founder. Help Newcomers. ~

Char 1: Kyrion - Ranger - lvl 49

Crystal- 49: Farming- 49 : Fishing- 49 : Foraging- 49 : Forestry- 49 : Prospect- 49 : Skinning- 49 

Alchemy- 49 : Armor- 49 : Cooking- 49 : Jewelry- 49 : Leather- 49 : Tailoring- 49 : Weapons- 49

Char 2: Elnestor - Templar - lvl 49   **** Char 3: Sarakh - Mage - lvl 49 **** Char 4: Razvan - Assassin - lvl 49

Char 5: LordRahl - Warrior - lvl 49  **** Char 6: Hezekiel - Prophet - lvl 49 **** Char 7: Durendal - Ranger - lvl 49

#22 hussey

hussey

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 788 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 September 2013 - 00:18

thanks . am a noob :P

PLAYING     ONLY     FOR     PVP ! ! !

#23 Majjer

Majjer

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 04:08

finally some nice profit on crafting :)

style5,Majjer.png

#24 redsmokeboy

redsmokeboy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:17

• All gems now provide greatly increased bonuses stats.

Issue with All gem's

Jaged ruby Still 1% weapon dmg

Jaged Zirconia 1% speed

Not all been upgrade!

Frog - Archer - lvl 49

Kazzarat - Templar lvl 49 Skiller

Redsmokegirl - War/sin lvl 49

Q PvP | No repair fee's | 1% EXP of lvl | Valor | Weekly 10 match | Achvemnt's | So much more Join when log | Click on cross sword via mini map Q solo |

Looking for group's RG/BT/ASV/ARG/ICC/CC Boss Killing/Arena 30+/ToC/ Need DPS willing come usly asking in world chat.

#25 rowbet

rowbet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:08

• Improved the structure of a number of talent trees to promote better "hybrid classes"

Mojawk, can you explain this one a bit more please? I may be missing something, but it seems to me that the biggest barrier to hybrid classes is the fact that you have to spend a lot of low level talent points within that class to access the more desirable higher level talents in that class. As long as this persists, I can't see how anyone will wish to explore more than one talent tree in any serious way.

If you really wanted to facilitate hybrid classes, I would have thought a better way would be to adjust the constraints to require a total number of points in the combined talent trees. For example, some 4th row mage or prophet talents that "[Require] 9 points in mage and/or prophet".

This would be much more effective in allowing people to hybridise classes

Robet (Proph 49)   Orbet (mage 49)  Ebrot (magepro 49)

Tebor (warsin 49)   Orteb(sin 49)  Beort (warsin 49 - might become tank)

Betro (ranger 49)   Trobe (??? 6 - there for bene runs - just whisper

#26 Crofil

Crofil

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,704 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 September 2013 - 12:26

the respawn rate is too high... i can't move i move a step and i'm swamped by mobs i just killed we're not all templars who can take a hit. not happy with the nerfed sets :( sick of dying everywhere it's almost like i have to get a group to run all these new levels 

Crofil - 49  O=(`-`Q)

l0rdka0s - 49 Tank

Ridcully - 49 healer

Liforc - 49 Ranger

Nihilus - 49 Warsin

+ others

#27 Rorke

Rorke

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 203 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 September 2013 - 12:52

the respawn rate is too high... i can't move i move a step and i'm swamped by mobs i just killed we're not all templars who can take a hit. not happy with the nerfed sets :( sick of dying everywhere it's almost like i have to get a group to run all these new levels 

Was at Crimson HQ with ka0s, Kezza, Rumpy and Veronique last night, a fairly tasty group under normal circumstances but it just got ridiculous, we were getting hammered constantly, group members were dying all over the place, potions seem to have little lasting effect, respawn rates were so fast you barely got time to recover, as ka0s says the nerfed armour is so weak now I'm avoiding squirrels!  It says that the gems I have fitted add stats, hate to think what it would be like without them (btw Yumi of Carnage has no slot)

I understand that the sets were reduced to make space for the To3 kit, by why not make that set higher instead?  The chat is that a lot of testers feel the balance has been too skewed, so please, unless you want a land full of templars, please have another look at the balance.

Yes I know there are new sets, yes I know I can level up, but it is just not an enjoyable experience trying out these new areas in order to level up to get the new sets to be able to stand a fighting chance in them, it's a vicious circle.  I don't expect to walk into an area and destroy everything easily, but even with a good group they are almost unplayable.

I am Warrior, I kill shit!

Tailoring-22: Cooking-30 : Jewelry-21: Alchemy-30 : Weapons-30: Leather-26 : Armor-17
Farming-30 : Prospect-30 : Crystal-29: Foraging-30 : Forestry-30 : Skinning-30 : Fishing-29

#28 ExtremelyPoliteGuy

ExtremelyPoliteGuy

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 September 2013 - 13:19

Was at Crimson HQ with ka0s, Kezza, Rumpy and Veronique last night, a fairly tasty group under normal circumstances but it just got ridiculous, we were getting hammered constantly, group members were dying all over the place, potions seem to have little lasting effect, respawn rates were so fast you barely got time to recover, as ka0s says the nerfed armour is so weak now I'm avoiding squirrels!  It says that the gems I have fitted add stats, hate to think what it would be like without them (btw Yumi of Carnage has no slot)

I understand that the sets were reduced to make space for the To3 kit, by why not make that set higher instead?  The chat is that a lot of testers feel the balance has been too skewed, so please, unless you want a land full of templars, please have another look at the balance.

Yes I know there are new sets, yes I know I can level up, but it is just not an enjoyable experience trying out these new areas in order to level up to get the new sets to be able to stand a fighting chance in them, it's a vicious circle.  I don't expect to walk into an area and destroy everything easily, but even with a good group they are almost unplayable.

Emmm... you people were ment to have kind of TO3 sets or similar gear, gems, and an efficient build before doing these quests. Ernzor solowed it all in same noobish set  almost twice faster than i did in TO3 set because he mastered the art of using his build and i was mostly new to it, - yes assasin is good at PVE, but it is more about playstyle and use of options as well as understanding of your build mechanics. (there is a bunch of well known assasians still suffering in HQ after almost 48 hours of endless play ;)  )

Perhaps your teamwork level was lets say not much satisfactory. But its ok for MMOGPG, just find players that do know what to do and wheh to do.

IMHO the overall difficulty could be even higher - making people to group up for qusting since lvl 35, ending up with hardcorish group only quests at level cap.

IGN

Captain Politness lvl 1 War.Ass.Pro.

Man.... its boring!!!!  Lets do some everyday TEAM PVP

#29 Fizban

Fizban

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,277 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 September 2013 - 13:43

So, what you're saying is, the game should not be able to play solo? there are instances for group runs, why make normal areas require groups as well, a lot of players will be put off the game by that prospect. remember, HCS would like donators and no one will donate if they can't play the game, as i've mentioned in other threads, respect other peoples playing style, some like to play solo, others group and even others gather/craft.

I can tolerate ignorance, but i cannot stand stupidity

the past can't be altered, the future can't be controlled, live for the here and now

#30 Rorke

Rorke

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 203 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 September 2013 - 13:54

FX, we have chatted in game and run together, I have no issues with you at all, but your comments come over as rather elitist here and exactly the kind of thing that could put off new players experiencing this type of game for the first time or who are struggling in the game.

As for the team, well we had 3 L35s and 2 L37s, all much more experienced players than I and still we struggled.

As for your inference that players should group, sorry you are way off the mark there I believe, what is the point in creating a gaming environment, which has been excellent up till now, then force people to group together to be able to play all areas.  From a commercial point of view that would be suicide.

We will have to agree to disagree this time ;)

Tailoring-22: Cooking-30 : Jewelry-21: Alchemy-30 : Weapons-30: Leather-26 : Armor-17
Farming-30 : Prospect-30 : Crystal-29: Foraging-30 : Forestry-30 : Skinning-30 : Fishing-29

#31 ExtremelyPoliteGuy

ExtremelyPoliteGuy

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 September 2013 - 13:54

Aahahahha the 1st any more or less hard area and people start massive moans :D

Dungeons are not enought for a good solo\team questing balance.

IMHO the current game level is "mamas boy" "girlie style". And any Group quests do atually bring some freshness to overall boring process.

Still my desition is to quit it at all, after solowing new dungeon. So my opinion should not be considered at all coz am like not going to play it when it goes live.

Its more for players that prefer showing magic door to noobs, avoiding PVP and any challange istn it Kez? ;)

FX, we have chatted in game and run together

Yep.

Asked you why are you upset.

And the response was - we dont live in TO3, ye know.

So who prohibited you guys to farm gems\gear\relics experience in contolling your build?

Arent all ye moans about your laziness now?

Some players did spend time working on, thus having those sets now... other we jurking around, being smart, cool or whatever :)

So your moans here have noting to do with game balance. Nothing at all.

Just the latest example - as there was a restriction to get into HQ i didnt see any of you farming at blossom to get in. The were others, who are playing and not moaning as i write this post :)  You all wanted a balance - here it is... This game is not just for Ore clickers, ye know ;) So if all ye propaganda is about 'getting all doing nothing' than our roads are not to cross further.

IGN

#32 Rorke

Rorke

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 203 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 September 2013 - 14:01

Of course your opinion should be considered, that is our job as testers, your derisive comments should not though

#33 Fizban

Fizban

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,277 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 September 2013 - 14:02

So, just because someone disagrees with you, you find the need to start throwing insults about? remember, i'm a noob with a low IQ according to you, you should just ignore me as my opinion isn't worth anything.

I can tolerate ignorance, but i cannot stand stupidity

the past can't be altered, the future can't be controlled, live for the here and now

#34 ExtremelyPoliteGuy

ExtremelyPoliteGuy

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 September 2013 - 14:20

remember, i'm a noob with a low IQ according to you

According to your fantasies, here is the link to that specific topic, public surely undertands your moral qalities ;)

http://forums.hunted...showtopic=58523

We surely do not want some of these qualities to effect overall game balance.

PS. Your proplem guys is not in game being hard, its your attitude towards it. There was a 40 LVL WARIOR (you both are Warriors arent you) in the 1st full Rosa run... Whats wrong with that guy? Is he bugged? Why didnt he come here to give a few helpless cries? Oh... perhaps he is a cheater - thats the best satisfying explanation, isnt it? :D

PPS. Headquarters is the only more or less challenging questing zone. If you have some problems - skip it and return later, - respect others right to have at least ONE challenging and teamingup game experience in PVE format - there are already lots of farms, mines, lvl 1 rabbits, and miles to run doing boring "bring me that" quests. 

IGN

#35 ExtremelyPoliteGuy

ExtremelyPoliteGuy

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:43

As for teaming up for PVE - its kind of a "wiseass" Rangers, Warriors, Assasins, Mages position -  all use Templars and Prophets in dungeons. Were there any sucsessful same lvl runs without Tank or a Heal in??? DID any full team of BRAVE Rangers\Warriors finish any same level Dungeon?.

Still nobody cares HOW these Tanks and Heals level up, no one cares about the time they spend on that leveling. (now you ppl got the chance to find out how, in HQ)

But surely every COOL Ranger or a Warrior is COOL in Dungeon when healer is nearby. Why dont i see any or these COOL warriors helping prophets\templars to level up via questing?

And as there is a chance to DO SO. Just to team up and have some balanced XP gain... what do we see?

a lot of players will be put off the game by that prospect

Whats that?

Is it a public opinion or an opinion of one specific individual?

Lets make a poll.

Looks like when it comes to balanced teamwork, people do not even understand its purpose. How do people become beta testers and get in new projects anyway....? Is there an understanding of current questing disbalance existing till LVL 35? Will there at least be  whether a satisfying motivation to help Tanks\Prophets or some compensations for those SINCE individuals are lets say so individual that there is no OPTIONS FOR ANY PVE TEAMWORK IN THIS GAME, as well as no even basic understanding of the ratios of time-spent on leveling of each class. 

AS for

a lot of players will be put off the game by that prospect

Twice that number will join, though.

Wish i am wrong, but it seems HCS do not  have any clear idea of how to keep people in. There are attempts to make it via endless crafting. But thats not the best way. The most stable acivities, keeping people in are PVP, raids, takeovers, daily dungeons, group quests. And they are to appear earlier or later, its just the nutural way, - still there are always options to pee against the wind... it all depends on results one wants to obtain.

I am to quit the game soon, because it is mostly boring. Perhaps there is too mush English and Individual mentality all over it.  Thats what talking about commercial part of it. Surely most of current testers will stay, but just until there are new quests and some crafting perspectives. Which are not lets say too much motivating to stay. As quests are to end up - you all will face either empty server either that HORRIBLE  IGGY  TEAM WORK WORLD :D  

Its most obivious...

Still some ppl do not let themselves think about it.

Who will USE ALL THAT CRAFTED STUFF YOU DREAM ABOUT??? your mates that have tonns of that stuff as well??? :D Mates that do not visit dungeons on daily basis, that do not need improved gear to put some wiseguys down on Arena.... Whom are you to sell these LVL 30, 50 heroics??? To the guys that also have 10 alts and keep farming flakes to get these heroics themselves??? :D Who will use these heroics?? you yourselves??? But most of the public here HATE PVP\TAKEOVER stuff :D What are you going to do when All heroics are crafted??? :D

Come on people.... wake up already...

Its a one 1-2 month run game costing 0-10 bucks for now... and it risks to carry on being one if that 100% individual\farming mentality is to stay and continues to be propaganded.

IGN

#36 rowbet

rowbet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:29

FX, we have chatted in game and run together, I have no issues with you at all, but your comments come over as rather elitist here and exactly the kind of thing that could put off new players experiencing this type of game for the first time or who are struggling in the game.

As for the team, well we had 3 L35s and 2 L37s, all much more experienced players than I and still we struggled.

As for your inference that players should group, sorry you are way off the mark there I believe, what is the point in creating a gaming environment, which has been excellent up till now, then force people to group together to be able to play all areas.  From a commercial point of view that would be suicide.

So I was also in there last night, running across you guys from time to time. I've not done any To3 runs, and haven't spent ages looking for heroic gear - so whilst I hesitate to call it "noobish" gear, it is pretty average. And I was doing this as a ranger, which I think has some of the worst features for solo. In particular, it can't self-heal, but it doesn't have good enough armour to survive mobs for the 15 second cool down between potions, so its left betwixt and between the feasible survival strategies.

Anyway, I did spend a lot of time dying at first, and was struggling with the respawn rates. I did get to the point of thinking about giving up on rangers all together. But in the end I went back to my allocation of talent points, and after reallocating I managed to solo and avoid dying (except when my mouse-agility let me down and I clicked the wrong potion).

This was one of the harder levels. I'm not sure I've found it harder than the goblin caves at level 28, and I haven't (yet) found it  unenjoyably difficult. (Though I haven't yet finished the area, so maybe the worst is still to come!)

#37 Elnestor

Elnestor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 September 2013 - 13:45

Why dont i see any or these COOL warriors helping prophets\templars to level up via questing?

And as there is a chance to DO SO. Just to team up and have some balanced XP gain... what do we see?

Many people in the game know me well. I was and I am always willing to help mates with knowledge, materials, crafting AND company, if they needed assistance.

All they need is to ask me, like I do if I need assistance in an instance dungeon.

My Mage gained 20 lvl in a duo with an italian Ranger girl. We didn't care about xp-sharing, and it was a pretty nice experience.

My point is, I don't like to be forced to play in groups. Even "The Vault", "Garai Coliseum" and "Secluded Valley" shouldn't be part of a questline. They should be optional like "Boondocks" and "Ohdar Scar".

My problem is, that I get disturbed whilst playing quite often. So how can I be (and stay) part of a dungeon group, if I have to logout every now and then ?

I don't think many people will quit the game for being bored, but a lot will leave if not able to survive a normal quest on their own.

~ Be a friendly Founder. Help Newcomers. ~

Char 1: Kyrion - Ranger - lvl 49

Crystal- 49: Farming- 49 : Fishing- 49 : Foraging- 49 : Forestry- 49 : Prospect- 49 : Skinning- 49 

Alchemy- 49 : Armor- 49 : Cooking- 49 : Jewelry- 49 : Leather- 49 : Tailoring- 49 : Weapons- 49

Char 2: Elnestor - Templar - lvl 49   **** Char 3: Sarakh - Mage - lvl 49 **** Char 4: Razvan - Assassin - lvl 49

Char 5: LordRahl - Warrior - lvl 49  **** Char 6: Hezekiel - Prophet - lvl 49 **** Char 7: Durendal - Ranger - lvl 49

#38 Bryn

Bryn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 925 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 September 2013 - 16:45

Mojawk, can you explain this one a bit more please? I may be missing something, but it seems to me that the biggest barrier to hybrid classes is the fact that you have to spend a lot of low level talent points within that class to access the more desirable higher level talents in that class. As long as this persists, I can't see how anyone will wish to explore more than one talent tree in any serious way.

If you really wanted to facilitate hybrid classes, I would have thought a better way would be to adjust the constraints to require a total number of points in the combined talent trees. For example, some 4th row mage or prophet talents that "[Require] 9 points in mage and/or prophet".

This would be much more effective in allowing people to hybridise classes

I think it "promotes better hybrid classes", by providing some lower level talents that are at least useful.  Off the top of my head, there used to be nothing in the first level of the Assassin's talent tree that could be used by a Warrior or was useful to a Ranger.

If they opened up the talent trees based on combined points, I think we'd end up with just bunch of overpowered hybrids running around.  :(

Bryn -  Prophet - lvl 45

Ullr -   Ranger -   lvl 32

Thud - Warrior - lvl 16

Payn -  Templar - lvl 16

Jinx -  Mage -      lvl 10

__________________________________________________________________________________

Foraging - 45 | Farming - 45 | Prospecting - 45 | Forestry - 45 | Skinning - 34 | Fishing - 45 | Crystal - 45

Alchemy - 45 | Cooking - 45 | Tailoring - 9 | Leather - 9

#39 rowbet

rowbet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 September 2013 - 18:27

If they opened up the talent trees based on combined points, I think we'd end up with just bunch of overpowered hybrids running around.  :(

I was talking about doing it in a limited and selective manner -- not wholesale availability of the two classes, but something to shift the currently uneven balance between putting a talent point into a level talent of one's main class, or building up through the low levels of another.

There are many ways of avoiding the "overpowered hybrids". For example, one could also require x points in class X or 2x points in class Y. But relying on people to build through a second set of low levels will only work if those low levels are themselves overpowered.

If it is deemed good to have hybrid classes, then there must be a structure to the game that makes that as attractive as the pure classes.

#40 Mojawk

Mojawk

Chief Operations Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 September 2013 - 15:04

We tried to improve the low end talents to be less restrictive to give more options that focusing solely on the 1 tree.

As for the new areas, we're going to look at lowering the re-spawn numbers / rates slightly.

John Stewart
Chief Operations Officer

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: