6 replies to this topic

#1 Seagull

Seagull

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 February 2014 - 03:37

First let me say well done on the recent balancing update!  I appreciate your work in balancing the classes and skills. While there are still some tweaks to be made, the recent changes appear quite refreshing in my opinion, and will contribute to the longevity of the game.

That being said, I do have one complaint, which is that we were only given 1 chance to respec our characters.  In my case, after testing my build I realised that I made a several mistakes which, to my dismay, I found that I would be unable to freely remedy for 60 days.  While I fully support the respec cooldown timeframe as well as the cash shop option during normal gameplay, I feel that when balancing updates take place, there should be more leeway.  With some of the changes, it is difficult to determine how actual gameplay will be affected without experiencing the changes first hand.  This means trying out a build without being locked in to the decision.

I propose one of the following be implemented in future balancing updates:

1) Unlimited resets for 3 days.

2) ~3 bound respec tokens (enough to try a few different things).

3) A testing grounds where we are able to test different builds without spending our respec.

Thank you for your consideration.

Edited by Seagull, 15 February 2014 - 03:38.

#2 Gamed

Gamed

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:05

You're kinda punished on trying new builds, even though there isn't that much variety. I do agree, changes regarding respec should change, 60 days is FAR to long you're basically forced to spend 2.50$ for a respec.

#3 awollsd

awollsd

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:09

i'ld vote for option 2  even if just 1-2 bound respec tokens.... 

like for me i used free respec after reset and another respec for benediction testing then another to remove the bene talents as it was still found to be mostly worthless..  so thats 500ep myself and many others i'm certain of had to spend because of a balance update it was either that or these changes not get tested...  and really i would liked to had done more but don't want to keep spending EP

i think 3 days is tooo much for some active people would be able to get 20-30 respecs in those 3 days while less active people would get 1-2 

a testing area would be interesting but isn't going to be able to give you all the inviroments to truely test atleast not without a lot of work this could be something further down the road so for now the tokens

no longer playing so feel free to ignore more (if i even post) just do still follow forums so MAY comment from time to time. 

#4 Spirit

Spirit

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts
  • Badge
  • Canada

Posted 15 February 2014 - 05:23

To be honest, HCS was nice to give everyone a free respec but I don't think free respecs should be given out after every update that concerns balancing. 

That's just going to devalue the Respec Token a bit.... why buy it when I can wait for the next balancing update? 

However maybe we can be given the option to buy a Respec Token with loyalty points or Eldevin points. Maybe that'd work out better.

As for testing ground, this would be interesting to see.

Edited by Spirit, 15 February 2014 - 05:26.

9izzGSr.png Feb. 27th 2015 - First level 45 :)

#5 awollsd

awollsd

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 07:32

i have never seen a game (and i have played many) that didn't reset everyones talents or give everyone a free respec when they make changes to the talents or skills... they do this because it is no longer the talent/skill you specced into so why should you be forced to change it.. hell even WoW rests your builds when they change something.. EE did... hell even money hungry pay to win R2games does... 

that said while they do only give 1 and that is perfectly fine there and here the sugestion isn't saying HCS SHOULD give more... but instead it's saying that it would be nice. this game is still in testing + its a smaller company so cant test everything themselves. they have even said they still want to polish some of these changes and WANT our feedback so they can maybe make adjustments... so wouldn't they WANT us to be able to test more thoroughly? 

so yes 1,2,or 3 bound respec tokens in addition to the respec cooldown reset would help the testing and help them get more feedback. 

no longer playing so feel free to ignore more (if i even post) just do still follow forums so MAY comment from time to time. 

#6 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 15 February 2014 - 13:43

I suggest that the cooldown is just reduced, when we are given these free respecs after updates...

Update > Free Respec > 24 Hours cooldown. Then once you use the respec again it reverts back to normal (60 days)

This way you can choose when to respec (test) when you know you have time in those 24 hours to test it.

Visit my shop! Mongo's Emporium for emotes, pets, vanity and more!

#7 AtomikGod

AtomikGod

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 February 2014 - 14:21

EASY FIX, Make a new toon, Level him/her up test diff things, or make use of the talent calculator it does help out a lot of ways X_X

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: