Bryn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 925 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 25 August 2013 - 00:20

To make Rangers and Mages more integral to group instances, I would suggest adding moats/walls to multiple sides of the room where ranged minions would deal additional damage.  A constant barrage of slows, bleeds, stuns might make a Templar think twice about soloing an instance.

Bryn -  Prophet - lvl 45

Ullr -   Ranger -   lvl 32

Thud - Warrior - lvl 16

Payn -  Templar - lvl 16

Jinx -  Mage -      lvl 10

__________________________________________________________________________________

Foraging - 45 | Farming - 45 | Prospecting - 45 | Forestry - 45 | Skinning - 34 | Fishing - 45 | Crystal - 45

Alchemy - 45 | Cooking - 45 | Tailoring - 9 | Leather - 9

#2 hussey

hussey

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 788 posts
  • Badge
  • India

Posted 25 August 2013 - 02:14

Its a good idea .Currently I havent seen warriors using their frenzy skill . So instances with lots of stuns would be good for them .

PLAYING     ONLY     FOR     PVP ! ! !

#3 Irradiated

Irradiated

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:19

They shouldn't be completely closed off from melee.  But just having to run around to remote corners to attack them should be enough.  It will also make regular tanking more of a challenge.  And would give another purpose to pets and off-tanks, as well as ranged.

Meleager, ranger

Tuor, templar (Inactive)

Deimos, mage

Thangbrand, warsin (Mostly on vacation)

Bart, ??? (bene trades)

#4 thickenergy

thickenergy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 August 2013 - 22:51

I dunno. My experience so far says that you can either tank a boss or you can't, there's not much in between. Take the scorpion boss in Garai. Without a healer a tank pretty much has to kite the boss while others kill it because that poison is absolutely deadly to anyone that doesn't have a preposterous amount of health. If you screw up while kiting you're probably dead. To be clear, I'm talking about fighting the boss near the level of the instance. Soloing bosses at their level in this game is not an easy task, and it is already impossible for many of them. If you add in a bunch of other stuff to make them even more difficult to tank only the absolute most skilled players will be able to complete an instance at all without greatly out-leveling the instance.

I'm all for keeping things challenging, but without customizable difficulty settings a broad range of player skill has to be taken into account.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: