• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 Noodle

Noodle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 18:31

Usually a 10 year anniversary is cause for celebration.. Yet it seems it is going unnoticed by HCS...

#2 MVP

MVP

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 23 April 2015 - 04:16

zorg and hcs don't care about legacy. don't even want to do anything for it. i think they should serious contemplate the previous discussion of player ownership. there's people who have been there for 9 years. some people dedicate so much time. those people would increase the updates players want and agree with as they already like to create things in spare time and have experience. we are a community thats pretty strong obviously and don't give up. we want it to succeed. we will make it happen. without hcs. it's what's best for business. and player ownership, maintaining and updating....is best for business!

#PlayerOwnerShip!

#BestForBusiness!

#WeThePeople!

Edited by MVP, 25 April 2015 - 22:48.

29p7ybq.jpg

#3 Luc2

Luc2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 04:50

I think player ownership would be a great idea to explore, but if HCS/Zorg aren't willing to discuss that, I think they could also show that they're serious about Legacy by using the 10th anniversary as an excuse to drum up some advertisement and bring in some new players!

We've made some significant improvements in the last few years, what with the crystal system and the new WL shop, and with the new armors and weapons coming out, plus the free weps+armor till level 30,  it's never been a better time to get into Legacy.

Now we just need Zorg/HCS to feel that way too!

Would like to take a sec to say thanks to both Steven(bcf) and Rod for their hard work on Legacy as volunteers- you guys are giving us the attention we (sometimes) deserve- you're like our awkward uncles who step in to try and take care of us when daddy Zorg walked out on us.

#4 rollin340

rollin340

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Singapore

Posted 23 April 2015 - 05:09

We didn't even get any events that were promised during Holloween, Christmas, etc.

I wonder if we will get anything for the decade long milestone.

If we don't get anything special for such an event, then it'd be, at least in my eyes, solid proof that Zorg and HCS have truly given up on us.

#5 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 05:12

I'm just a baby around here, barely 4 months old. I really like this game, almost as much as FS. We need attention, we need new blood. We need things to keep the new and the veterans alike coming back, more than our debts. We need plat to have real value. We need new activities. We need special days, "global events", so to speak. Make it interesting, give us some better challenges than a wonky rng. Give us an arena or something to spar in, give us more plat only purchases. I have a special offer every month on FS. Legacy deserves the same. Let's have a super 10th anniversary bash. 10 years is a milestone, make it happen. I'll love you forever if you do :)

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#6 Kruxx

Kruxx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 05:45

I was checking out this post, debating to post, or if I did, what to say...

It seems pretty clear to me that HCS has no use for Legacy. No interest in getting even slightly behind it. I realize it's not the same type of game as the ones HCS puts out. But it's here. We're here. This game still has interest. We still have people plugging away playing it, and a select few trying to improve it any way they can. With a smidgen of attention, some furthering story writing, some added sections and images here and there, this game could still continue to grow. With a positive outlook from players, seeing slight improvements or new additions, it changes the whole community of the game. Thus encouraging new players who check it out, to see a more positive community, and sticking with the game.

That commentary stemmed from me seeing this:

https://forums.hunte...0-this-weekend/

There was a 20% off sale going, that Legacy players could have taken advantage of. But it wasn't mentioned or promoted properly on Legacy, so that is a huge loss. A blatant failure without any effort to make it anything but. Disappointing.

So now to be reminded that the 10 year anniversary is approaching, and there is not even the slightest of hype.

It truly looks like HCS as zero interest in Legacy. I'm not sure where Zorg is at with all this. But something positive has to give here. This anniversary would be a good place to do so.

I'm not a huge fan of players taking over the game, without flaws, unless there is some serious structure put in place for it. If that could be provided and laid out, I could possibly get behind it.

Hopefully something will develop from this thread, if it too, is not ignored like Legacy has been.

#7 UnicornBob

UnicornBob

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 23 April 2015 - 08:30

Yes, 10 years is a big deal. But no, I don't know how much of a party HCS throw for their games.

Legacy will have an anniversary event, and from what I've heard (without ruining anything or spilling Elder conversation) it'll be a bigger deal then most.

---

Now since this is turning into a bash thread already I would like to throw a few points out there.

1 - I think it's clear HCS wanted Zorg, not particularly Legacy. Why do people still expect stuff from them 3 years later?

2 - Legacy is Zorg's baby, why do you think he would let it go to the players who have no plans as to what happens next?

3 - I respect rules, and HCS do have the rule that anyone coding their games has to be within X distance of their office, this makes sense in the case of a meltdown.

However, here's a picture of the blog when Zorg told us HCS were buying Legacy.

1zpl92d.png

I highlighted the part that matters and I think it speaks for itself.

Edited by Robert, 23 April 2015 - 08:31.

#8 grzesiek17

grzesiek17

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 08:37

I used to play gangsterz2 Legacy a lot and I have some really good memories connected with it. It is only just recently that after few years' break I have started playing again. It saddens me that there are barely any people playing it, wasteland is dominated by people with gear that is locked behind RNG (Ventrix drops) and despite having avatar weapons/armour and misc items the gap between me and them is so high that I always lose and have absoulutely no chance against them.

As much as I'd like to see anything new added to the game I highly doubt this will happen. I honestly believe that 10th anniversary will be celebrated just like any other anniversary - with a cake, a hat and a banner (and some random item that will restore 10HP)

#9 MVP

MVP

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 08:48

I'm not a huge fan of players taking over the game, without flaws, unless there is some serious structure put in place for it. If that could be provided and laid out, I could possibly get behind it.

obviously there would be structure. exactly like it is now with more staff and helpers and players...just without zorg or hcs, that simple. it was talked about in the other threads. scott would be king with many helpers and staff.

2 - Legacy is Zorg's baby, why do you think he would let it go to the players who have no plans as to what happens next?

well actually players will have to agree upon the updates the helpers and staff would put into it. that's a simple discussion and then a job for a coder.

#PlayerOwnerShip!

#BestForBusiness!

#WeThePeople!

Edited by MVP, 25 April 2015 - 22:49.

29p7ybq.jpg

#10 Inappropriate Name

Inappropriate Name

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 09:51

to many folks cheat on legacy now,staff allows it and rewards it from what i have seen.until that's fixed  why celebrate anything?

#11 Kruxx

Kruxx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 10:03

to many folks cheat on legacy now,staff allows it and rewards it from what i have seen.until that's fixed  why celebrate anything?

What kind of cheating??

#12 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 11:36

I have been playing that other game close to 8 years now. Zorg has always been there if I remember correctly. Much time has been put into the phone and steam games, and even FS fell by the wayside for a while. But staff is pretty active, BigGrim especially. I do like legacy a lot. I'm a weak baby avatar with 2 vent items, the rng must be unkind to me, because my blood soaks the hands of most of you. I am told be patient, I will get stronger, but to accomplish this, I will need hundreds of thousands of credits and many months (did somebody say 5 years?) to get there. The economy is upside down, with currency made ingame being 100 times more valuable than that we spend rl $ for. No other game I have ever played is like this. IDK what the original was like. I wish I did. One thing is certain, new players have a difficult time fitting in. We are treated like in-laws come to visit, and few veterans actually encourage new players to return tomorrow. I have been accused of being someone I have never met, and been treated like a pariah because of that. This isn't something HCS can control, it's us that have to change this. Maybe if we as a community work on this, more will stay instead of fleeing from a hostile environment. I do know that eldevin and FS get attention because their communities care. Zorg can't know what we want or need unless we take the initiative and tell him here, or better yet the main HCS forum. They do read these posts. I know this because a few of my ideas for FS have been used. But they can't know what we want or need if we sit on our hands and do nothing. Speak up, often. Zorg does care. It's his baby after all, he will nurture it (eventually). Yeah it's lacking, but we do have new stuff I'll never be able to afford with more coming, that in itself proves the cow gods are listening... Don't tell me Zorg isn't a cow god, he has been since I met him all those years ago.

Edited by BadPenny, 23 April 2015 - 11:39.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#13 HappyDays

HappyDays

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 13:03

are you smoking something ........... this thread as far as I can tell was about the 10 year celebration...... what is your post on about badpenny. How is zorg a cow god. Are you saying he has been working in hunted cow studios for 10 years ?

#14 UnicornBob

UnicornBob

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 23 April 2015 - 13:10

As derailed as this thread has gotten.. BadPenny nailed it, maybe he's not been there 10 years but 3 (almost 4) is a pretty reasonable amount of time.

Legacy seems to be on the back burner, but with the attitude I'm not surprised.

Newbies are trolled out, staff are shown little respect and the mere mention of Legacy's future/updates turns into a bash thread.

As much as everyone thinks HCS/Zorg should change their attitude towards Legacy, Legacy should grow up and do the same.

#15 HappyDays

HappyDays

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 13:46

ummmmmmmmm no robert. You are grasping at straws/excuses. I have no idea what you re talking about in the sense you say badpenny nailed it. She stated for 8 years zorg has always been hcs and was a cow god....... I don't think that happened.

How many years has legacy always been on the back burner. The excuse the players are to blame is bull of the highest order. Players never forced zorg to say many times this is happening and this is happening ..... then hold a leg con when hcs took over and say an assistant was coming on etc. I woud say more than enough has been sucked out of the game for years without anything happening in game for large stages. Saying it is players attitude is a cheap cop out. But as long as you have your char designs, everything is cool right ??

The players attitude is what keeps the game going for how long it has been. we are reduced to a handfull of player staff that seem busy in real life and a blog every once in a while. That is what most would agree is the game drifting. The vent system was installed into game and then support system to bridge the gap were never finished. I hope steven is joking, but he stated in a post he asked zorg what was happening for the 10 year celebration and he said toolboxes and steven felt like giving up. Players push this game and hope for the best. People like steven. Apparently the coe were working on some stuff or so some keep saying. these are players ?

For the 10 year celebration I HOPE zorg brings out the upgrades he stated were coming to bridge the gap for the players who can not afford/find vent items. Scythes etc were supposed to be upgradeable and viable alternative for poorer players were supposed to come which steven had graphics for...... the system just did not come out.  So hopefully some cool things happen and this system gets finished to players can work in stages at upgrading gear or buying new viable alternartives to vent drops. I think a projective and scythes, chains, c swords etc etc were supposed to have upgrade paths.

#16 Loki

Loki

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 14:35

I normally stay out of these forums, but a long time Legacy pal told me to check this out.

My two cents:

This is a big one. I don't think it will go completely unnoticed, but I seriously doubt we will get anything more out of it than the usual anniversary items/events. Sad to say, the game is on the decline and Hunted Cow is a business that is looking past Legacy because they don't see potential in it.

#17 Anialator

Anialator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Badge
  • Lao People's Democratic Republic

Posted 23 April 2015 - 16:56

A player had mentioned making a thread in these forums, as it tends to be the only thing that gets Legacy coding time, but I had initially suggested against it considering the recent release of the Wasteland Misc items. But now that I consider it, there's a number of things that make me take that back.

First off, it is absolutely astounding that there was no blog post made on Legacy to advertise the sale of platinum. It would suggest that HCS aren't even interested in the revenue we generate, let alone the game itself. Zorg hasn't posted a blog in over 2 months now.

Speaking of blogs, we are now day 22 into our new map and have yet to receive the results of the previous round. Before this we got our round results within 5 days, and the round before that on the actual day so surely a blog post to tell us cannot be a time consuming task.

The Plat market is dead. No one wants to buy any boosts, and for some like training boost why would you? I'm sitting here with 147,766  ability Points, for the HCS staff to compare thats a bit over 29% of what it takes to train all abilities, or 615 days of ability training. And I am no where near the record for backlog right now.

And to top it off, what brought me to this thread, the fact that Zorg, when asked what would be happening for the 10th year anniversary, could reply to the one guy bringing us amazing graphics for Legacy with "Toolboxes? lol" It really isn't a lol situation. :/ Is Zorg suffering Legacy based depression or what?

8 years of Legacy man. I'll be here till you've done to us what you did to Sigmastorm but just, damn. :|

2zges12.jpg

Anialator - (War Master of The Chapter - Legacy Online)

#18 UnicornBob

UnicornBob

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 23 April 2015 - 17:02

HD: And I said at the very beginning that wasn't true, but he's been there long enough.

I also didn't say it was our fault for the state of the game, but I suppose it is our fault for the state of the community.

As a guide I notice the amount of people coming in to the game, I also make sure to keep an eye out/on them so I see the crap they get.

Then it wouldn't take me 5 minutes to go to the forums and find a post essentially saying "You're a new player your opinion doesn't count."

So yes, I think what BP said is true.

Even when we got our last update (crystals+ventrix) there were countless people moaning.

So yes, a huge amount of us need to grow up and try being nice instead of trolling until we get what we want.

EDIT IN:

While I might sound like I disagree with the views being posted I actually do agree with the majority, just the whole scream until you're heard mentality is dumb.

Like BP also said "HCS read this forum" in fact I just saw BigGrimm reading it. So if we could quit pulling up every part of Legacy that needs work and address this properly so that Legacy gets it's fair amount of work we might get somewhere.

Edited by Robert, 23 April 2015 - 17:11.

#19 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 18:09

Things don't happen if the majority stay quiet..

#20 Scott

Scott

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 23 April 2015 - 18:26

We're not doing this beating a dead horse thing. Details will be released soon for the 10th Anniv Plans. :) 

Lets quit this whole HCS are the devil thing before this thread ends up removed. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: