• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 gilby90813

gilby90813

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 19:23

so the idea is to pretty much to balance the strengths, weaknesses of big guilds and small guilds going at it ... so instead of the gvg system we have right now how about we make a a timed limit where each guild can send as many hits as possible

why this you say?

- big guilds are lazier towards gvg since chances of winning and slimmer and majority of those focus on leveling

-would decrease the complete advantage small guild have against big guilds

-multies will be useless since they usually have low amounts of stamina

-small guilds will still have advantage can buff whole guild etc

big guilds will have to increase activity to win where as small guild have a defensive advantage

-would cause people ego not to lose to blow a ton of stam to win

-people would try to sabotage each other by switching armors during war to screw opponents

-cut farming of guilds

- i would like that gvg be changed to random instead of picking your target guild

how scoring would work

attacker

loosing= -1 point

winning =2 points

tie=1 point

defender

losing- nothing happens

successful defense=1

tie=1

details arent complete but this is the general idea

strategy could be incorporated into this

like attacking in the last minutes to win war

winning with defense

winning with number

and go on cant give up all the ways

i just believe the gvg system we have right now is inefficient

Edited by gilby90813, 15 August 2014 - 19:35.

#2 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 20:19

i just believe the gvg system we have right now is inefficient

The current system is efficient.

why this you say?

- big guilds are lazier towards gvg since chances of winning and slimmer and majority of those focus on leveling

-would decrease the complete advantage small guild have against big guilds

-multies will be useless since they usually have low amounts of stamina

-small guilds will still have advantage can buff whole guild etc

big guilds will have to increase activity to win where as small guild have a defensive advantage

-would cause people ego not to lose to blow a ton of stam to win

-people would try to sabotage each other by switching armors during war to screw opponents

-cut farming of guilds

- i would like that gvg be changed to random instead of picking your target guild

- Sure, large guilds can be lazy about GvGing. If they see no point in participating, why make them participate?

- How would this idea decrease the "advantage" that smaller guilds have over the bigger guilds?

- Useless? I think not. Every hit counts!

- Can't a big guild buff their entire guild as well? They have more accumulated stamina than the smaller guild and therefore have more stamina to buff with.

- That argument for big guilds to increase activity applies to the first point you made, again why make them participate?

- Where does ego come into play here?

- Can't we try and sabotage the other teams hits now? I, myself, try to do it when I'm being attacked.

- how would this cut farming of guilds?

- Now that idea has some merit! Make a new thread for that idea and that idea only.

how scoring would work

attacker

loosing= -1 point

winning =2 points

tie=1 point

defender

losing- nothing happens

successful defense=1

tie=1

So instead of getting a Fang after 100 wins, it would take 500 wins to get it? (Based on 50 conflict hits)

-----------------------------------------

To conclude: I think this whole concept is a terrible idea! But as I said earlier in the post, try out that random selection idea. It has merit.

#3 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 16 August 2014 - 04:45

instead of the gvg system we have right now how about we make a a timed limit where each guild can send as many hits as possible

You want to turn GvG into a contest to see who can sit at their computer the longest and use the most stamina? No thanks. Besides that, the attacking guild would have the advantage of having started first, while the defending guild may be sleeping.

#4 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 06:43

*shakes head* This is less about skill than people are bored and can only figure out one thing to do in the game GvG till you want to gouge out your eyes from sheer boredom. I've done more than my fair share of 100 hit solo GvG's - no thank you, and what you're proposing is that only worse. That's no longer skill.

I don't agree the current system is inefficient. Anyway, I don't want to go through point by point, as sorry just not liking the ideas you've got here. No offense.

It's good though to brain storm. Please look through the Forums, there's been a lot of discussion about improvements to GvG, with solid idea that keep it a game of skill not just perseverence. HCS does have GvG on their agenda -- you may want to read the Roadmap as well.

#5 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 04:17

The current system is efficient.

The current system flat out sucks. I'll do it if it's convenient because I'm competitive. Otherwise it's a big bore to me. It wastes tons of stam for most guilds. Typically, it is done by ambush from a small guild with about 4 players. How many players care about GvG? Very few by my estimation. Rewards also suck. Make sure to watch out for the righteous, hateful players aiming to cry that the previous RPs were too easy to gain, that we need 'new' monetary system.  But upgrade the rewards and you'll have a spike in activity for about two weeks, then GvG will be right back in the toilet where it currently is. It needs a major overhaul!

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#6 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 05:24

The current system flat out sucks. I'll do it if it's convenient because I'm competitive. Otherwise it's a big bore to me. It wastes tons of stam for most guilds. Typically, it is done by ambush from a small guild with about 4 players. How many players care about GvG? Very few by my estimation. Rewards also suck. Make sure to watch out for the righteous, hateful players aiming to cry that the previous RPs were too easy to gain, that we need 'new' monetary system.  But upgrade the rewards and you'll have a spike in activity for about two weeks, then GvG will be right back in the toilet where it currently is. It needs a major overhaul!

Your key statement out of all that: "How many players care about GvG? Very few by my estimation." 

As I said, the system is efficient as it stands. Activity in that aspect is lacking. And you are correct that if they added new rewards, there would only be a spike in activity for a small period of time.

What kind of major overhaul do you have in mind for the GvG system? Specifics if you would.

#7 Crzy

Crzy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 06:40

That one suggestion HCS had about map GVG Castles/Bases. Was always disappointed that didn't make it into the game. :(

qu29_zpsff77e35f.png

^^Sig by the awesome ArtistGorn!^^^

#8 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 17:30

What kind of major overhaul do you have in mind for the GvG system? Specifics if you would.

Adding consequences would be nice to start. If there is no possibility of losing something, anything, then GvG will always lack the competitiveness required to be a lasting aspect of the game. It'll never happen but I like the idea of xp loss AND/OR a special GvG bounty board. Currently GvGs are like pillow fights - practice. They could keep it that way of course. Only get rid of the 'score' for the practice PvPers but then make a real GvG where something is also lost besides your record!

Alleviating the ambush by small groups/guilds. Make guild size a condition of initiating. Something like guilds of 4-20 members, 21-50, 51-106(whatever the max number is -  I forget) can only attack others of the same size.

Make sure players who are inactive don't count toward the guild size. Guilds are allowed to be too large anyway!

Allow a certain number of players to be protected(for a large upgrade fee). This would allow a diplomatic immunity type whereby they can wear epics which are so valuable to HCS' bottom line yet incompatible to playing. For example, (4-20) range could allow 1 player per guild to have immunity. (21-50) - 2 players and so on.

My biggest complaint, overall, is that the game has been relegated to 2nd or 3rd class status like a Crystal Palace FC. I don't expect much to happen with ANYTHING. I don't care what the roadmap says. If the devs hit one, just one, estimated deadline I'd be shocked and eat crow. The lack of communication, especially with Hoof not around, is painfully noticeable. Their cash cow is starving! I can't remember the last time we had a DIAlogue between players and devs.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#9 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 22:21

The devs DO talk to us, we just don't always notice or listen... 

I know that deadlines are not always met, but if you can do a better job more quickly, then you make a game of your own and run it your way....  

Back on topic:

GvG does need an overhaul to make it more competitive and more fair.. the rewards need to be revamped, and I think that consequences for a loss would be a good idea... I also think that "ranges" for guild sizes and levels, such as those for individual PvP, would make good sportsmanship...

~ Just my 2 Pennys 

Edited by BadPenny, 17 August 2014 - 22:23.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#10 avvakum

avvakum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 20:37

Adding consequences would be nice to start.

^ that & medals

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: