Photo

One Click Gather instead of 2 click or left+right multiple times.

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Mom

Mom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Canada

Posted 26 December 2013 - 06:18

Someone called David suggested a nice idea. Sadly he said he is too lazy to post idea on forum ( Ha ha!) so here i am!

It would be a good idea to make us click once only to gather a full object. Example.

Player 1 click a rock. It will mine the rock until depleted instead of clicking for every hit on the rock until depleted.

It sound like a minor change for some but for people like me with a case similar to carpal tunnel where every click add up to the point you barely can click due to pain , its a major change.

I am someone who love skilling but it involve so many click after few hours that i need pain killer sometimes.

What you guys think? Good idea to make it one click gather instead of multiple clicks?

#2 onray24

onray24

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 December 2013 - 07:04

good ideal wonder how much wear this is on my mouse 

#3 Linkondrugs

Linkondrugs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 December 2013 - 08:34

I was there for that chat would be a very good implementation funny the guy said he was to lazy.

Gathering:

Crystal Cutting:  49  | Fishing:  49  | Forestry:  49  | Skinning:  49  | Farming:  49  Foraging:  49  | Prospecting:   49 |

Crafting:

Alchemy: 49  Cooking:  49  | Leatherworking:  49  | Weaponsmithing:  49  | Armorsmithing:  49  | Jewelry:  49  | Tailoring: 49

5,000+ Hours Logged, Closed Beta Player, Richest Merchant Around ;D

#4 ComradeLewis

ComradeLewis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 December 2013 - 09:03

Good suggestion. It's been said a few times on the forums, but I have not seen a developer pay much attention to the idea.

I suppose if they do implement it, they would have to simplify farming, otherwise it would be unfair to exclude that 1 profession.

11/29/13 - 4/29/14 | 4/25/15 - 5/25/15

#5 BBR

BBR

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 11:55

Agreed.

It's really stupid to have to 2x left click, or 1xright1xleft click, when there's only a single action on the right click menu.

This should work the same as right clicking an animal to attack it.

#6 MirrorsEdge

MirrorsEdge

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 21:19

I really like the idea of having to 1 click everything. Especially when skilling or when opening doors. Being able to left click everything once, but right click once to attack would seem like the best system to me.

#7 Rydner

Rydner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 305 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 December 2013 - 23:10

Agree on this as well. I feel bad for my mouse since I've been clicking more  :lol:

27 Crystal Cutting | 19 Fishing | 40 Forestry | 43 Skinning | 21 Farming | 34 Foraging | 35 Prospecting | 42 Alchemy | 36 Cooking | 22 LeatherWorking | 25 WeaponSmithing | 20 ArmorSmithing | 20 Jewelry | 16 Tailoring

I am normally on the Zephyr server. Feel free to PM me in-game or on the forums if you need something.

#8 Tredough

Tredough

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 02:23

hi mom!

For a time, I was having a bit of trouble with my wrists. i switched to using my left hand for using the mouse. No more pain. Takes probably 40 hours to get used to it, then it's second nature, just like the right hand.

Personally, I think one-clicking a resource would feel more boring...though I do sympathize with those with pain.

Edited by Tredough, 27 December 2013 - 02:25.

#9 Irradiated

Irradiated

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 December 2013 - 02:32

For those with pain from using the mouse, or who are otherwise tired of clicking.  In Windows, check out the Ease of Access tools.  You can control the mouse using the keyboard.

Meleager, ranger

Tuor, templar (Inactive)

Deimos, mage

Thangbrand, warsin (Mostly on vacation)

Bart, ??? (bene trades)

#10 Conch

Conch

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 December 2013 - 03:29

if they did this what happens to the low level trying to sneak a few hits on a node and run away from attacking mobs?

#11 ValiaS

ValiaS

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 09:06

if they did this what happens to the low level trying to sneak a few hits on a node and run away from attacking mobs?

I don't think this should be an issue. The low level should either find nodes that aren't surrounded by aggressive mobs, or simply stay away from areas too high for them.

#12 Reaper13

Reaper13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 15:31

I think better option will be keep left click as it is and add 1 extra option in right click called " Cut full tree " / " mine all nodes"

#13 Mom

Mom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Canada

Posted 29 December 2013 - 04:48

Would be so useful. Today i was watching movie with boyfriend and found a good trick. While im mining for example ill spot a rock where it always spawn at said location in a quick timeframe and i will just spam left click on my laptop mousepad.

The only downside if that if you dont pay attention, some people will report you for botting since you are semi-afk watching movie or anything.

Today i got reported twice for that even if i truly know i am legit. Thats the downside.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: