BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,814 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 November 2013 - 17:45

Hi there Everyone.

Bonfire Night has rolled around again and the Monks of the Light have lite their customary fire outside the Cathedral.

As usual however, there are some trying to ruin the Festivaties and Fawkes Wickerman (Titan) walks the Realms once again!

The Quest Bonfires, Celebrations and Explosions! (BFN) has been activated, and the Titan will be available for two weeks. He's out there now!

~ The Fallen Sword Team

#2 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 04 November 2013 - 17:47

You're early!!

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#3 jinks

jinks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 17:51

Cows, you're spoiling us!

I need more stam to do all this stuff you keep giving us!!

#4 Marcus219

Marcus219

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 17:57

it looks like x-mas or St Klaas already. Thanks HCS,

No new features in the quest i think? If you done the quest you are done?

Keep up the good work HCS!! :)

#5 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,814 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 November 2013 - 18:06

Afraid so, yeah. This is just a release of previous content.

#6 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 04 November 2013 - 18:12

I've gone to stand near the bonfire anyway. You know, because it's cold otherwise in all that snow.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#7 tharzill

tharzill

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 21:14

Thanks HCS! I got to clear two quests from my quest book now! Yay!

#8 Teuchter

Teuchter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 22:40

I would like to suggest a little  new content for seasonal events , the quests are getting old and once done    long time players , or even  those playing in their second year are left without  a quest to do, even a bit tweaking so that they may be done again as each season comes around,, Yours  WEERAPLL biggrin.png

#9 uncola

uncola

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 05 November 2013 - 00:05

Nice!

So, will there also be a ThanksGiving type event or quest?

I would love to hunt down some turkey and have a feast!!!  ;)

#10 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,814 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:39

I would like to suggest a little  new content for seasonal events , the quests are getting old and once done    long time players , or even  those playing in their second year are left without  a quest to do, even a bit tweaking so that they may be done again as each season comes around,, Yours  WEERAPLL biggrin.png

A new Quest and Titan were added to Halloween. They are still active. Bonfire night is a strictly British thing so it was decided that there's not really much more to add to to. And the run up to this has been a nightmare enough already! ;P

Nice!

So, will there also be a ThanksGiving type event or quest?

I would love to hunt down some turkey and have a feast!!!   ;)

We don't do anything for Thanksgiving and there is a turkey and pilgrim Quest in the Christmas update.

#11 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 13:39

Seasonal titans really not fun, they never spawn at everyone time zone... I have checked FS 10 times a day since you released the seasonal titans and couldn't catch them spawned when i can hunt ! well i don't care i dont play FS much anymore anyway but i'm saying it its not fun for everyone.

I have suggested before an idea for seasonal titans 

1.Unlimited Hp

2.Spawns 3 times a day (split them into good times so everyone can hunt them)

3.Getting the item just through TKP and guild will hit cooldown once they have the tkp needed for the item.

4. cooldown will stay up so each guild can get 2x epics maximum during the even 2 weeks.

that's it don't think or know if they gonna do it .. maybe next year who knows...

#12 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 13:43

1.Unlimited Hp

2.Spawns 3 times a day (split them into good times so everyone can hunt them)

3.Getting the item just through TKP and guild will hit cooldown once they have the tkp needed for the item.

4. cooldown will stay up so each guild can get 2x epics maximum during the even 2 weeks.

unlimited hp would be a fix to let everyone participate in the seasonal titans.. who cares about 'flooding', let's care about everyone having some fun

instead of spawning 3 times a day, the titan should just randomly spawn in different realms throughout the 2 weeks.. the titan would walk from realm to realm terrorizing Erildath (limited amount of realms of course)

#13 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 14:48

who cares about 'flooding', let's care about everyone having some fun

This... what the game needed from long time

Edited by shindrak, 05 November 2013 - 14:48.

#14 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,814 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 November 2013 - 15:21

I have suggested before an idea for seasonal titans. 

And you were told nope. They are Titans. They shall continue to function as Titans and they are something special to try and earn. We will not flood the market.

You might not have fun with it but plenty of other players do, and look forward to the Seasonals coming out.

#15 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 16:36

And you were told nope. They are Titans. They shall continue to function as Titans and they are something special to try and earn. We will not flood the market.

how is it flooding the market when guilds can only earn 1 or a maximum of 2 items ONCE a year?

just because things have operated one way in the past, doesn't mean it works for the greater fun of the game now..

#16 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,814 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 November 2013 - 16:44

how is it flooding the market when guilds can only earn 1 or a maximum of 2 items ONCE a year?

just because things have operated one way in the past, doesn't mean it works for the greater fun of the game now..

It's staying as it is. I love how you missed out this bit : 

You might not have fun with it but plenty of other players do, and look forward to the Seasonals coming out.

It works as it is and is staying as it is. End of story.

#17 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 17:10

It's staying as it is. I love how you missed out this bit : 

why stop at "plenty of others players do" when you could say the majority of other players have a chance to ;)

but this is your game.. i'll just hold my opinions on it in the future *tips hat* continue to enjoy stomping out discussion

#18 buffalo31

buffalo31

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 19:19

Anyone else having trouble reading the "Magical Detonation Recipe" for the "Bonfires, Celebrations and Explosions! (BFN)" Quest?  I click on it to read & I'm taken to the Auction House.  I've tried in Chrome and Firefox.

Okay, I found my problem.  I needed to exchange this for the "Recipe of Magical Defuser". 

Edited by buffalo31, 05 November 2013 - 19:35.

#19 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,814 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:33

A whole bunch of posts retreading old ground have been removed.

Cooldown is staying on Seasonal Titans. End of. You have been told why. Don't like it? Fine. The vast majority of the players DO.

As for the complaint that they don't spawn enough? Rubbish. They are the only Titan I force spawn, to ENSURE they are out more often than normal titans during their two week window.

Now. No more. If I see the same posts appearing by the same people, they will face suspension.

#20 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 07 November 2013 - 00:30

Thank you for the seasonal titans again. You even added 1 more titan which I honestly didn't see coming,  ;) I was a little discouraged at first with the spawns but they seem to be picking up a little bit.  If you really want the titan drops your going to have to be online a lot and fight it out. So far it seems having as many hunters out there as possible is the best strategy.

According to the homepage, the 18th is the last spawn day for Wickerman? Could you give us a last spawn day for Gurgriss / Tommy? Or is it suppose to be a surprise?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: