#1 Tarnos

Tarnos

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts
  • Poland

Posted 27 September 2020 - 00:56

Deleted.
It seems that people want new players to suffer just like they did when starting out.

Edited by Tarnos, 28 September 2020 - 16:35.

#2 Prop

Prop

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 27 September 2020 - 02:50

Qw78LLW.png

#3 Prop

Prop

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 27 September 2020 - 02:53

In all seriousness though, new players can complete the epic quests that give more max stamina and gain than many of us started with... After that it's up to them as it was to everyone.

#4 Tarnos

Tarnos

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts
  • Poland

Posted 27 September 2020 - 03:04

I might be expecting too much then...

#5 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts

Posted 27 September 2020 - 03:27

Every time you hunt, buy more max stam with the gold you made from that hunt.  Won't be much to start with but it adds up.  Getting new players plugged into a guild that can help them with gear means they can focus on improving their character instead of spending everything on their own gear.  Castable buffs are fine for quite a while so skip the potions.  Encourage questions and answer thoroughly.  Just as in life, players that are willing to learn from others and put in the effort will succeed.  Those that want to do it their own way will have a much harder time.

Screenshot everything!

#6 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 28 September 2020 - 22:13

Deleted.
It seems that people want new players to suffer just like they did when starting out.

giphy.gif

do your research

there are multiple recent threads with suggestions to "save the game"

#7 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 28 September 2020 - 22:48

this is an excellent read. should be pinned to the admin board

https://forums.hunte...showtopic=77163

Edited by duktayp, 28 September 2020 - 23:40.

#8 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,129 posts
  • Australia

Posted 29 September 2020 - 10:15

Deleted.

New players have it considerably easier than folk who started playing when you and I did ... You've been a player since 2009 so you've had ample opportunities to develop your character over the years...

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: