13 replies to this topic

#1 HappyDays

HappyDays

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 10:57

I think before steam, farming should be given a big overhaul to make it more appealing and less grindy and clicky.

You have a lot of steps to get crops etc up and running and can get very draining and boring. How about showing farming some love and giving it an overhaul. cheers. Just too many things going on in it, from bottles to minding the crops to the animations and how slow they are. A lot of this can be streamlined.

#2 ZeusIV

ZeusIV

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 12:47

220px-Jethro_Tull_%28agriculturist%29.jp

Jethro Tull (1674 – 21 February, 1740) was an English agricultural pioneer from Berkshire who helped bring about the British Agricultural Revolution. He perfected a horse-drawn seed drill in 1701 

49404-jethro-tulls-seed-drill-illustrati

This thing looks Eldevin enough to have one in the game and if you can craft mounts then why not one of these. Put your seeds, manure, dust etc in the top and just grow your seeds. You could put some sheers on the front for pruning the pests.

#3 Saxon

Saxon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 12:52

just removing the need to prune infested crops will be a big improvement AND not having to water higher level crops twice.

#4 ZooksterGaming

ZooksterGaming

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts
  • Badge
  • Sweden

Posted 18 October 2014 - 13:50

Yeah I agree Farming isnt appealing at all. Too much clicking. But in overall a pretty fast profession if you try hard :D

91ig7l.png

| Zook (45) Prophet | Arumat (45) Warrior | Samoorai (45) Templar |

| Crystal Cutting - 45 | Farming - 40 | Fishing - 23 | Foraging - 45 | Forestry - 45 | Prospecting - 45 | Skinning - 45 |

| Alchemy - 45 | Armorsmithing - 45 | Cooking - 45 | Jewelry - 45 | Leatherworking - 45 | Tailoring - 45 | Weaponsmithing - 40 |

#5 penmen22

penmen22

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 14:46

As much as I hate farming, I sort of disagree. I train farming because its so hard and only a select few people do. Having tedious and boring grinding in a game is important. It proved a different kind of economy...if there are enough players.

But yes, some things need to be changed such as lowering the time of those animation to be a bit faster through skill grades
(money sink?) or something.

#6 ultramus

ultramus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 19:41

Full agreement. Farming needs complete overhaul. Probably the most boring profession along with fishing. I feel like this is a game and things should be fun to do.

Would prefer to see farming and foraging work in tandem. You forage wild plants and plant them on a farm (only you can visit) and leave them there to grow. Then return later and harvest them for the xp/resources. Not rake, water, prune..click click click. Let me walk away and do dungeons or whatever and come back when the crop is ready (Yes I know like farmville).

#7 ipwndyourmom

ipwndyourmom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 20:08

just removing the need to prune infested crops will be a big improvement AND not having to water higher level crops twice.

Or how about getting some xp from pruning and watering crops.

#8 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 18 October 2014 - 21:04

That fishing too. Done it for 5 minutes on my return then thought feck this.  :P

Visit my shop! Mongo's Emporium for emotes, pets, vanity and more!

#9 EJK

EJK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 17:15

Add speed gems :P (haste being already taken).

- Increases the speed of all animations.

IGN: Player. I usually think in longevity point of view.

#10 xpwaste

xpwaste

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 17:23

Fishing and farming should remain as grindy as they are.

I hated fishing, but got it to max, cuz i knew that not everyone could do it and i'd earn some nice income from it.

Farming on the other hands, needs a few things.

I only want one thing though.

At level 22 when you can farm 3 plots..[or whenever that level was]. let us hire a worker for say 1hour for about xgold.

Now all that farmer would do is to prune the crops and nothing else.

I think that will make farming VERY much easier.

EDIT: you can also add a potion in the eldevin shop "Farmer's choice manure". that would apply on your for say an hour, and while that buff is on, none of YOUR planted farms would get disease.

Too make it more interesting, give the "worker" an 80% chance of pruning successfully. While the "Farmer's choice manure" would have 100% chance to not let anything get diseased.

Edited by xpwaste, 21 October 2014 - 17:29.

Still thinking about new signature

previously:

youtube channel! >> Xpwaste Eldevin 

twitch stream!   >> Xpwaste_Eldevin

PVP is what i like. make it worthwhile!

#11 EJK

EJK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 17:29

At level 22 when you can farm 3 plots..[or whenever that level was]. let us hire a worker for say 1hour for about xgold.

Now all that farmer would do is to prune the crops and nothing else.

Hire a noob :P

He even manages to water I think!

Edited by EJK, 21 October 2014 - 17:30.

IGN: Player. I usually think in longevity point of view.

#12 xpwaste

xpwaste

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 19:18

Hire a noob :P

He even manages to water I think!

can't always trust them noobs. PLUS IT would be a decent GOLD SINK.

Still thinking about new signature

previously:

youtube channel! >> Xpwaste Eldevin 

twitch stream!   >> Xpwaste_Eldevin

PVP is what i like. make it worthwhile!

#13 redsmokeboy

redsmokeboy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 21 October 2014 - 23:12

Group farm is option at least help speed up farming, have update farming to drag and drop bit easyer then was at start, Most say alot easyer but think i would fish be bord out mind  compared to farming Click Click Click watter Click harvest Basic mean's uper lvl's 2 watter's.

Over all farming fine where it is give those player's something work for as well one skill worth lvling as not many who do lvl it.

Fishing on the hand basic has no real function - use - 1 Quest need plased - lvl 40 fishing - ranger need fish for range buff food - Aside from ranger bad luck for fish not much use for fish right now.

Farming has 3 use's Tailoring - Cooking - Mount crafting - requris uper lvl rare's Few very usefull thing from farming - mostly food but kinda limited mean's.

Personaly vote make easyer say No made farly easy compared to fishing.

Fishing supper easy mind numbing slow exp gain's.

Edited by redsmokeboy, 21 October 2014 - 23:13.

Frog - Archer - lvl 49

Kazzarat - Templar lvl 49 Skiller

Redsmokegirl - War/sin lvl 49

Q PvP | No repair fee's | 1% EXP of lvl | Valor | Weekly 10 match | Achvemnt's | So much more Join when log | Click on cross sword via mini map Q solo |

Looking for group's RG/BT/ASV/ARG/ICC/CC Boss Killing/Arena 30+/ToC/ Need DPS willing come usly asking in world chat.

#14 dat sylveon

dat sylveon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 16:44

EDIT: you can also add a potion in the eldevin shop "Farmer's choice manure". that would apply on your for say an hour, and while that buff is on, none of YOUR planted farms would get disease.

WE NEED THIS I DONT CARE HOW EXPENSIVE IT WOULD BE AS LONG AS IT IS PAID IN COINS WE NEED THIS WE NEED THIS WE NEED THIS.

2uzz0k9.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: