#1 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 14 October 2011 - 02:47

(there may be a topic already on this, but I couldn't find one ..)

We now have "report message" and "report FS Box" - so a "logical" extension of that would be a "report bio" link too..

There are still scam messages appearing in the fs-box, directing you to a persons bio, which then has the "scam" link in it ... and, whilst the actual FS-BOX message can be reported, the bio remains untouched until a cow looks into it.

A reported bio could be "blacked out, pending investigation" and "locked", to prevent the owner from changing it before it was looked into.

Obviously, this feature would have the same repercussions that fraudulently reporting a message or fx-box would have.

#2 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 02:58

great idea especially for the weekends when they know it will be monday before its seen

#3 Trecar

Trecar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 10:58

I can see a problem, if someone has a beef with someone....say a buff seller who has been sent fsp while on auto, without the buyer checking they are actually online for example. There are people mouthing off every day about that sort of thing. Not too much of a stretch to see a level 1 being created, to log a complaint, which would then leave said seller without the opportunity to advertise his wares until it is resolved. Or indeed a whole host of level 1's, i've seen one level 1000 player creating them every few minutes lately to get his recruiting medal......they could shut down half the bio's in FS and not harm the "parent" account.
Good idea in theory, being able to shut down these nasty scamming noobs as quickly as possible, but far too open to abuse....

#4 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 14 October 2011 - 21:31

I can see a problem, if someone has a beef with someone....say a buff seller who has been sent fsp while on auto, without the buyer checking they are actually online for example. There are people mouthing off every day about that sort of thing. Not too much of a stretch to see a level 1 being created, to log a complaint, which would then leave said seller without the opportunity to advertise his wares until it is resolved. Or indeed a whole host of level 1's, i've seen one level 1000 player creating them every few minutes lately to get his recruiting medal......they could shut down half the bio's in FS and not harm the "parent" account.
Good idea in theory, being able to shut down these nasty scamming noobs as quickly as possible, but far too open to abuse....

The same thing could be said for "report FS-Box" too. The core problem here is the reactive "treatment" of multis and not the proactive treatment. That, coupled with the fact that the "host" of the multis (according to what we read in the forums anyways) goes unpunished - so there's little to no deterrent to creating multis. That door should be FIRMLY closed, ASAP.

Also, I pointed out that fraudulent reporting should be punished the same way as other fraudulent reporting - and sending someone fsp up front for buffs, without discussing it first with the buffer (or confirming they were there in the first place, and not on auto-refresh) would be, IMO, a fraudulent report as the problem would be down to the buffee's lack of commonsense in the first place.

#5 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 15 October 2011 - 01:34

Bump :)

#6 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 15 October 2011 - 21:39

Hmm - thought this might have gotten a lil bit more support, especially given the vocality of some folk saying that bio's can remain, unlooked at, all weekend and potentially scamming lots of new players.

Guess not :)

#7 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 16 October 2011 - 22:11

+1

#8 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 29 October 2011 - 23:57

BUMPING ..

#9 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 06 August 2012 - 21:37

Hmm - whilst searching for one of my old threads, I came across this one again and thought it worthy of resurrection given that the problem mentioned in it still persists ...

#10 hbklives

hbklives

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 822 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 07 August 2012 - 01:21

Great idea Par! I'd love to see this implemented.

tumblr_ohmmkinSKX1siy7m0o1_540.png

#11 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,817 posts
  • Badge

Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:38

I'll ask about this again.

#12 4gottn4ver

4gottn4ver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 17:52

BUMP

never saw this until now an found it by way of hbklives post in a diff section( thank you ), but I had this thought also I know a wee bit late but still due to a situation with a player I know in game had something go on with their bio an a different player.

like some mentioned FS players have a FSBox report button, we got a avi report button and we have a msg report button why the heck not a bio report button?

as for ' blacking out ' a players bio when reported why not just have it go like the report avi button and just lock it into the way it is and not be changed? the ones asking for buffs and sending payment w/o knowing if player is active or not is not the fault of the buffer but the one asking for the buffs fault. making false reports should be like other ways an back fire onto the one making false reports and action taken onto them.

I have sent in some screen shots of some bio's that were clearly breaking HCS TOS rules to only be told that due to said player ' removed ' what they had there was nothing was done about it. players bio's can be changed so easy/ quickly before staff can see what the issue is an screen shots of it mean nothing for bio's.

#13 hbklives

hbklives

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 822 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 September 2012 - 18:54

BUMP

never saw this until now an found it by way of hbklives post in a diff section( thank you ), but I had this thought also I know a wee bit late but still due to a situation with a player I know in game had something go on with their bio an a different player.

Anytime. I also agree with the idea greatly.

tumblr_ohmmkinSKX1siy7m0o1_540.png

#14 zeder

zeder

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:14

+1

+2

ZederGift_zpsa47e7c25.png by Chagryn

#15 Lamium

Lamium

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 10:01

Hey guys, I'll be working on this today. I will post an update later on letting you guys know how it's going! :mrgreen:
~ Web Developer
Richard 'Lamium' Logan-Baker | Steam | Facebook

#16 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 22:15

(there may be a topic already on this, but I couldn't find one ..)

We now have "report message" and "report FS Box" - so a "logical" extension of that would be a "report bio" link too..

There are still scam messages appearing in the fs-box, directing you to a persons bio, which then has the "scam" link in it ... and, whilst the actual FS-BOX message can be reported, the bio remains untouched until a cow looks into it.

A reported bio could be "blacked out, pending investigation" and "locked", to prevent the owner from changing it before it was looked into.

Obviously, this feature would have the same repercussions that fraudulently reporting a message or fx-box would have.

Hey guys, I'll be working on this today. I will post an update later on letting you guys know how it's going! :mrgreen:

Personally I can't quite believe this has been implemented. 5 replies!!!! Come on! How big is this scamming threat? And is the "report bio" only to be used for reporting scamming???? If not then this new addition only encourages a "tell tales" culture and is pathetic in my opinion and very immature. Why you ask? Well I bet you any money that there will be a few in the game who will take it upon themselves to be the new FS polis reporting bios here, there and everywhere. A bit like "Summon Mod"

I hope you Cows have set aside many working hours to sift through these reported bios, time i would imagine that would be better spent on more important issues.

#17 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 15 September 2012 - 22:50

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=107780

[locked]

0 user(s) are reading this topic