4 replies to this topic

#1 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 13 December 2018 - 03:41

I had a walking daily quest, 300 tiles for 550 current stam.  When I reached 300 steps I tried to collect the reward but was unable to as it said I hadn't done all the steps.  When I went back to the world screen the counter went from 300 to 284.  Now here's the bigger problem - even though the step counter reset to a lower amount my current stam did not reset to match the lower amount of stam used for the now lowered step count.  I then had to use additional stam to finish the DQ.

16 lost stam isn't much but multiply that (and more) times every player that has issues with the walking DQ counter and it adds up to enormous amounts of lost stam in a hurry.  Players have complained about this issue many times to no avail and it needs to be fixed.  Cows are johnny-on-the-spot for fixes when someone is taking advantage of the system (as they should) but anything else gets put on the back burner and never seen again.

When will this issue be fixed?  Is it even on the radar to be fixed or is it just another glitch players have to deal with permanently?

Screenshot everything!

#2 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 13 December 2018 - 04:24

I had a walking daily quest, 300 tiles for 550 current stam.  When I reached 300 steps I tried to collect the reward but was unable to as it said I hadn't done all the steps.  When I went back to the world screen the counter went from 300 to 284.  Now here's the bigger problem - even though the step counter reset to a lower amount my current stam did not reset to match the lower amount of stam used for the now lowered step count.  I then had to use additional stam to finish the DQ.

16 lost stam isn't much but multiply that (and more) times every player that has issues with the walking DQ counter and it adds up to enormous amounts of lost stam in a hurry.  Players have complained about this issue many times to no avail and it needs to be fixed.  Cows are johnny-on-the-spot for fixes when someone is taking advantage of the system (as they should) but anything else gets put on the back burner and never seen again.

When will this issue be fixed?  Is it even on the radar to be fixed or is it just another glitch players have to deal with permanently?

I've noticed the same - along with the fact that if you walk a diagonal, it takes 2 stamina, but counts as 1 step (if memory serves me correct)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#3 sohail94

sohail94

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 13 December 2018 - 05:19

Is this related to the dreaded "you cannot move more than 1 square a time" when moving too quickly or lagging. 

The extra steps will register in the counter but you get boomeranged back so don't use any extra stam/ no loss in stam.

Would be helpful if you had some numbers - stam before - stam after = stam used, compare this to # of steps (account for Light foot if using)

I go and look for SEs or chests one step at a time and I started tracking how much stam I use on the tile DQs, nothing unexpected seen, Light Foot works and saves me stamina, counter also works.

Straight lines are best, or up down left right, diagonals register as one "move" but 2 stam cost.

Edited by sohail94, 13 December 2018 - 05:20.

#4 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 13 December 2018 - 05:55

Straight lines are best, or up down left right, diagonals register as one "move" but 2 stam cost.

well this has being known for a long time 

5aZzW0p.png,

#5 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,814 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 December 2018 - 10:23

Hi there.

No bug. This has been explained by Hoofmaster in the forums :