#1 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 October 2014 - 14:42

Well...kind of annoying seeing the final 2 gems basically being named the same...so I'm suggesting a different name for either current flawless or current perfect gem..preferably the flawless...If something is flawless then it is perfect if something is perfect it is then flawless...so no need for both of them to be the same..and yes it is just a name..but even that name devalues what gem should be decided upon...Also Im suggesting for a further buff to gems..and an even greater buff to tourma,aquas,shitlitehowlites,and especially sapphires

-the tourms and aquas should have a side effect like...when socketed..it reduces the debuff of regains while in combat by x %....because right now aquas and tourmaline are well....useless...AND this would further bring longer fights into the game as well..while creating a general market for them...and dont make the % shenanigans like reduces 1-12% of regains debuff..more like 3% per tier...you're limited on how many of em you can socket anyways.
-howlites....useless gem at this point,accuracy gem was just a bad idea from the start IMHO this should have a side effect for it being soo bad like x time in combat = increased crit chance over time effect or slight debuff to opponents dodge...
-sapphires...well these are just soo low on the scale of power its healing difference at perfect is just over 3% overall effect....so even with 3 perfects socketed that gives you just under the same effect as a single radiant ruby..-.- facepalm.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#2 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 14 October 2014 - 15:33

Why change it? It is obvious that the flawless gem is perfectly flawless and a perfect gem is flawlessly perfect.  :P

Visit my shop! Mongo's Emporium for emotes, pets, vanity and more!

#3 RISDMAC

RISDMAC

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Badge
  • Ireland

Posted 14 October 2014 - 16:14

I wouldn't necessarily say flawless and perfect are equal.

Flawless (in my book) simply means that the quality of the gem has no defects/ blemishes, but that the gem itself is not quite perfect.

Perfect (again in my book) means there is simply no way to improve upon the gem in any way - its the best it can be  ;)

** Double fail on editing  :ph34r:  **

Edited by JQuan, 14 October 2014 - 16:16.

#4 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 October 2014 - 19:45

I wouldn't necessarily say flawless and perfect are equal.

Flawless (in my book) simply means that the quality of the gem has no defects/ blemishes, but that the gem itself is not quite perfect.

Perfect (again in my book) means there is simply no way to improve upon the gem in any way - its the best it can be  ;)

** Double fail on editing  :ph34r:  **

But by that definition....it would be flawed as it could be improved,as to be flawless means it is perfect as there are no flaws,while as not being as good would then be a flaw. so rename it..partially flawless or almost perfect :D

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#5 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 14 October 2014 - 19:47

I think a bigger OCD problem with gems is the way they sort in packs. Please HCS can you make them order properly in packs. For me the effected ones are amber (glim and fair wrong way round, I fixed this by chucking out fairs) and rubies (radiant rubies for some reason sit down with the almandines (I think, am on phone so cant check) in my pack). Would be nice if these ordered properly. Thanks!

Naked pirate will be back!

When lvl 50 is here

#6 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 October 2014 - 19:55

I think a bigger OCD problem with gems is the way they sort in packs. Please HCS can you make them order properly in packs. For me the effected ones are amber (glim and fair wrong way round, I fixed this by chucking out fairs) and rubies (radiant rubies for some reason sit down with the almandines (I think, am on phone so cant check) in my pack). Would be nice if these ordered properly. Thanks!

Well here is another thing....People won't be really spending much on gems at 50 content when it comes out with the small benefits of gems right now tbh. The minimal difference between supremes to perfects right now is very very small borederline not worth investing at all. So extra incentives will need to be added or a nice boost. Not worth investing thousands and thousands of hours for 20-50 more dps.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#7 Fizban

Fizban

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,277 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 October 2014 - 20:11

Not a Jeweller but, what about say 22 Carat Flawless as opposed to a 24 Carat Perfect, or am i talking Gibberish? :o

I can tolerate ignorance, but i cannot stand stupidity

the past can't be altered, the future can't be controlled, live for the here and now

#8 ZooksterGaming

ZooksterGaming

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts
  • Badge
  • Sweden

Posted 14 October 2014 - 20:23

Not a Jeweller but, what about say 22 Carat Flawless as opposed to a 24 Carat Perfect, or am i talking Gibberish? :o

Dont think gemstones/jewels are scaled as Perfect at all. Best is Flawless (at least for Diamonds) :P

91ig7l.png

| Zook (45) Prophet | Arumat (45) Warrior | Samoorai (45) Templar |

| Crystal Cutting - 45 | Farming - 40 | Fishing - 23 | Foraging - 45 | Forestry - 45 | Prospecting - 45 | Skinning - 45 |

| Alchemy - 45 | Armorsmithing - 45 | Cooking - 45 | Jewelry - 45 | Leatherworking - 45 | Tailoring - 45 | Weaponsmithing - 40 |

#9 Irradiated

Irradiated

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 October 2014 - 21:04

Dont think gemstones/jewels are scaled as Perfect at all. Best is Flawless (at least for Diamonds) :P

My own OCD kicked in, and I did a bit of reading.  This appears to be true when grading the stone itself.  A perfect diamond is a marketing term denoting a flawless diamond with a perfect cut, maximizing its brilliance. 

Note.  It appears that any jeweler selling flawless diamonds also claims they're perfectly cut, and with modern equipment that might just be true.  So that term has lost its meaning in one sense.  But in Eldevin, where gems are still cut/fused(?) by hand, there is apparently still a difference.

Meleager, ranger

Tuor, templar (Inactive)

Deimos, mage

Thangbrand, warsin (Mostly on vacation)

Bart, ??? (bene trades)

#10 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 14 October 2014 - 22:24

Diamond chat? oh noes! fresh in my mind from researching to buy my fiancee's ring :D ... there can be a Flawless Diamond or an Internally Flawless. Just to throw that spanner in the works.  :P

Visit my shop! Mongo's Emporium for emotes, pets, vanity and more!

#11 ZooksterGaming

ZooksterGaming

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts
  • Badge
  • Sweden

Posted 14 October 2014 - 23:35

Diamond chat? oh noes! fresh in my mind from researching to buy my fiancee's ring :D ... there can be a Flawless Diamond or an Internally Flawless. Just to throw that spanner in the works.  :P

Oh god I remember that time with a zillion links on Skype :P

91ig7l.png

| Zook (45) Prophet | Arumat (45) Warrior | Samoorai (45) Templar |

| Crystal Cutting - 45 | Farming - 40 | Fishing - 23 | Foraging - 45 | Forestry - 45 | Prospecting - 45 | Skinning - 45 |

| Alchemy - 45 | Armorsmithing - 45 | Cooking - 45 | Jewelry - 45 | Leatherworking - 45 | Tailoring - 45 | Weaponsmithing - 40 |

#12 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 15 October 2014 - 01:05

Hehe. Dont worry mongo you forget about it soon enough.

Source: that was 8 years ago for me, cant remember any of it now...

When lvl 50 is here

#13 Doja

Doja

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 01:10

Please do not use the term OCD unless it is related to Ol' Chickens Distillery.  Thank you.  :D :D :D

Doja - Level 47

Spellthor - Level 47

Deadeye - Level 36

Deputy_Junior - Level 26

Mike_Rotch - Level 24

#14 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 October 2014 - 01:13

Please do not use the term OCD unless it is related to Ol' Chickens Distillery.  Thank you.  :D :D :D

The actual meaning of the legitimate OCD was out long before the potion makers of this game >_>

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#15 redsmokeboy

redsmokeboy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 15 October 2014 - 02:20

OCD mideical consition Obsive's copsives disorder stated many time before. As far as Oli chicken disilter sorry but when see OCD not think of you servus.

About gem's!

Howlite's improve acc as right now acc has no effect on doge, Stated bye on the staff before easy fix to howlite add some effect to doge.

Tourmaline - improve's hp regen Combat to out side effect so small not even woth using absoult 200 regen = 2 regen over to small to even use.

aquamarine: MP regen abought same as hp regen thought some what usefull same as Tour absoult gem for misly 2 mana regen Hight lvl gem Perfect = 12 regen only use 1 these gem's unable use both as Helm only have 1 slot.

Issue here 1 or the other even so effect is so smallnot worth using over Def gem.

Sapphire not mage or Prohipte healer, From what i can see Gem them self working just fine.

Need, Update howlite give them chance go thought doge

Tour better hp regen gain's right see 200 = 2 regen

same for Aqua thought slighlt more usefull in long run added skill effects from mage/profit effects mana regen thought even so effect added is not worth gain need Supream + gem be worth using any thing less is trash.

More over Gem's them self have there own issue, About Flawess vs perfect don't see much of issue age old concpeted.

Frog - Archer - lvl 49

Kazzarat - Templar lvl 49 Skiller

Redsmokegirl - War/sin lvl 49

Q PvP | No repair fee's | 1% EXP of lvl | Valor | Weekly 10 match | Achvemnt's | So much more Join when log | Click on cross sword via mini map Q solo |

Looking for group's RG/BT/ASV/ARG/ICC/CC Boss Killing/Arena 30+/ToC/ Need DPS willing come usly asking in world chat.

#16 RISDMAC

RISDMAC

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Badge
  • Ireland

Posted 15 October 2014 - 14:24

My own OCD kicked in, and I did a bit of reading.  This appears to be true when grading the stone itself.  A perfect diamond is a marketing term denoting a flawless diamond with a perfect cut, maximizing its brilliance. 

Note.  It appears that any jeweler selling flawless diamonds also claims they're perfectly cut, and with modern equipment that might just be true.  So that term has lost its meaning in one sense.  But in Eldevin, where gems are still cut/fused(?) by hand, there is apparently still a difference.

This was what I meant by my gibberish earlier  :D

#17 Majjer

Majjer

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • Slovakia

Posted 23 November 2014 - 11:59

i have invested some time and effort (=ep) and fused radiant tourmaline (do i hear fanfares?)

woohoo, it increases my hp regen by 5.4hp/s in combat. so in pvp if im happy and fight takes 30s, i get advantage of *unbeatable* 160hp. :lol: :lol: :lol:

but perfect gem is 60% better, so who thinks its cool to continue upgrading it, please donate your worthless tourmalines to me. for sure i will became a hp regen monster with 250hp over 30s bonus in pvp then.

---

style5,Majjer.png

#18 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 23 November 2014 - 19:45

Godly maj, just godly...

When lvl 50 is here

#19 Majjer

Majjer

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • Slovakia

Posted 16 January 2015 - 22:42

well, i am dumb because i thought it would be cool to upgrade my radiant tourmaline. radiant to pure insanity. so i bacame "happy" owner of pure tourmaline today...

for gems worth of another 162 glim tourmalines fused (~48600 valor points + 2320 gold + 2230 fusion powder) got another 40 hp regen rating on top of original radiant tourmaline piece.

now i am afraid that someone could hack my account to steal my "most valuable gem" as it gives me astonishing 1hp per sec regen in combat more than before. i can't wait till i fuse flawless (same 40 regen rating upgrade over pure piece) or even perfect (50!!! regen rating upgrade on top of flawless).

proof i really have such cool gem:

tourm.jpg

no gem / radiant / pure

originally i thought i would perform bit of math here to show how worthless is the gem, but the numbers are so ridiculously low (windows calculator shows results with negative exp) that i am not going to bother.

style5,Majjer.png

#20 Majjer

Majjer

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • Slovakia

Posted 26 March 2016 - 08:18

well, haven't posted here my progress on fusing trash for some time.

so decided to show you my precious as it's just perfect one :)

no gem on top, below perfect tourmaline:
tourm.png

... if anyone would like to repeat my mistake and follow, I have 250 glim tourmalines for sell :D

style5,Majjer.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: