TreeFrog

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,739 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:00

Posted Image

This round contestants were asked to create a piece of art that represented a natural disaster or the aftermath thereof.

How the voting works:

For each group you will rate each piece from 1-10 and give a small reason for the score. You have 18 points to allot to each group so if in Group 3 you give A a 10/10 the maximum score you can give B is 8/10. You DO NOT have to use all of the points for each group. At the end of the round the 2 players with the lowest total will not advance to the next round.

Voting Ends 0:00ST 2/12/2013

Here's the art:

Group 1:

A. Posted Image Athdenald

B. Posted Image Grimmhawk

Group 2:

A. Posted Image aa0007

B. Posted Image Cassafras

Group 3:

A. Posted Image Beastboy95

B. Posted Image Roan

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

#2 aa0007

aa0007

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,379 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:07

THEYRE ALL SO GOOD!@#!@#!@#

#3 ghetoghost

ghetoghost

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:33

Group 1
A - 9
B - 9

Group 2
A - 9
B - 9

Group 3
A - 9
B - 9

Group 4
Both are so good i can't even rate them

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Live. Love. Learn. Die. ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Are you an artist? Want to be listed as one under the Artist Directory; click here

#4 PeterOwnz

PeterOwnz

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:38

Posted Image
wow they are all so good!

1. 9 for both amazing
2. 9 for both amazing
3. A.8/10 its really good but...
B.10/10 amazing i love it sooooo much!
ezgif-com-gif-maker-20.png

#5 Roan

Roan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,278 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:39

Group 1.
A- 8/10: Piece is really nice but feels like bottom of wave doesn't blend in as well with the rest.
B- 9/10: Crazy how everything seems to be at the right place. Only thing missing is a bit more of violence, of disaster.

Group 2.
A- 7/10: Right side is awesome, sad that left side is so empty. Putting a big nice text doesn't fill it up enough for me.
B- 7/10: Very nice composition but it's oversharpened for my eye. Text is also pretty meh imo.

Group 3.
A- 8/10: Another nice piece, but i feel like there is too much fire all around that is just over the volcano scene. Not sure about the text either.
B- 8/10: Nice idea and well put together. But it missed some disaster in it, mother nature doesn't seem so angry.

Yeah i decided to he a bit harsh but i love you all! A great round, hard to judge and find defaults!

Firesinged_zpsd6b00c6e.png

#6 aa0007

aa0007

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,379 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:42

Group 1.
A- 8/10: Piece is really nice but feels like bottom of wave doesn't blend in as well with the rest.
B- 9/10: Crazy how everything seems to be at the right place. Only thing missing is a bit more of violence, of disaster.

Group 2.
A- 7/10: Right side is awesome, sad that left side is so empty. Putting a big nice text doesn't fill it up enough for me.
B- 7/10: Very nice composition but it's oversharpened for my eye. Text is also pretty meh imo.

Group 3.
A- 8/10: Another nice piece, but i feel like there is too much fire all around that is just over the volcano scene. Not sure about the text either.
B- 8/10: Nice idea and well put together. But it missed some disaster in it, mother nature doesn't seem so angry.

Yeah i decided to he a bit harsh but i love you all! A great round, hard to judge and find defaults!

Aren't you in the competition this round?

#7 Roan

Roan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,278 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:45

Yes but participants are still allowed voting if I remember correctly. Sahardy did last round if I'm not mistaken.

TF would take away vote if he finds it biased I guess.

#8 Sahardy

Sahardy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,399 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:20

Yes but participants are still allowed voting if I remember correctly. Sahardy did last round if I'm not mistaken.

I'm not in it. :P

Group 1.
A.8/10
It looks as if a lot of work was put into this beauty, I just have problems with the lightning and the bottom of the wave (The whiteness)

B.9/10
Very simple and beautifully done signature. Reverse image search lead me to the original picture which isn't normally a good thing, but it showed me all the work put into that piece. Would buy it if I bought signatures.

Group 2.
A. 7/10
Pretty. Though nothing spectacular.

B.9/10

Gorgeous, reverse image search brought up nothing which makes me believe you beautifully blended the fire, background and animal. Only thing I dislike is the text, not because it's bad but because I just find it out of place.

Group 3.
A. 6/10
I enjoy the use of firework, lightning and fire stocks. But they weren't used that well. Text isn't all spectacular either.

B. 4/10
I like the attempt at rain through fibers, but I don't think it looks that great. Random face, random C4D on it's head. Text is poor. I was going to compliment on making the tornado, but google suggested I don't.
http://st.gdefon.ru/...al ... .ru).jpg

Sahardy.gif
good photographyer. great drawer. but im most best at photoshop.

#9 fs_abhishek11

fs_abhishek11
  • Guests

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:26

Group 1
A. 7/10
The colors just mess it up for me

B. 9/10
Love it! Would have been a 10 if the tornado was not so smooth :\

Group 2
A. 7/10
Nicely done. A bit too abstract for my taste and the border is ok ok..
B. 8/10
Good one! Though don't like the stream in there and the text.

Group 3
A. 6/10
Sorry, did not appeal to me

B. 7/10
Mother nature does not look angry :| and the rain messed it up

#10 Roan

Roan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,278 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 February 2013 - 13:39

Ooops never mind my boting then :P

#11 Kayesha

Kayesha

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 18:02

These are all so Awesome!! It's gonna be a tough one!

#12 Kayesha

Kayesha

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 18:05

Contestants are allowed to vote. If we feel you are purposely voting low on everyone other than yourself, we will simply not count your votes. We assume though, as closely knit of a group that we are, everyone will be fair.

#13 zeder

zeder

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 February 2013 - 20:40

During the first round of elimination for this contest & after seeing all the great entries I actually voted my entry worse than I was going to because to be honest mine sucked.

I feel that the artists should vote on all the works submitted their own included.
And I will be voting on this by tomorrow (2-7-13)

ZederGift_zpsa47e7c25.png by Chagryn

#14 Kayesha

Kayesha

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 00:26

Group 1
A - 50
B - 54

Group 2
A - 48
B - 51

Group 3
A - 46
B - 47

Very Close!!

#15 aa0007

aa0007

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,379 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:38

1A: 8

I'm not really liking the contrasting colors between the blue and the red/green on the left, and there's a random strand of green light towards the left that's just irritating me for some reason. Still, it's a nice piece overall, but I just think the flood could have been slightly smaller and you could've had a shallower contrast in colors.

1B: 9

The debris from the tornado is nice, but the tornado itself is sort of bugging me, just a slight bit sharper/more detailed (maybe some lines across it) would've made it slightly more effective imo. The house is also nice, but I'm just thinking that with a tornado in the background (and the light seemingly behind it), and with the way the house is angled, that the light should be towards the left (back) side of the house, not the place it currently is. I really do like the black and white though, I feel that really helps tie the piece together.

2A: 9

Overall, a pretty decent piece, but I'd have to say that for next time, make sure to use more colors in the piece. While having too many varying colors would have degraded the piece, adding in some other shades of blue/green as part of a nebula to fill the background could have been more effective. The fire effect was done pretty nicely, and it does look like a planet is exploding, but the edges around the planet itself (where the explosion is happening) could use a little refinement.

2B: 8

I can't really seem to tell if there is any background there behind all of the fire, though maybe it's just the way my monitor is set up. I think the trees that are in the background should have been slightly more visible (to sell the effect of a burning forest vs a bunch of fire), but the brush burning in the front does help. I would say that the fire should have been slightly more uniform (being really picky here since it's the largest part of the piece), in that they all should have been of somewhat uniform brightness variation (ie. bright in the center and darker/more saturated towards the top), but that's not really significant. I'm not really feeling the river towards the right hand side, because I just don't think that belongs in a fire piece :D. Overall though, it's a nice photomanipulation. Maybe lose the deer for next time.

3A: 5

I might be a little more harsh than fair, but being compared to the two fire pieces above, I think the fire effects really don't work well enough. I think that the piece overall is way too bright, and that the sparks at the top are a bit unrealistic (magma is closer to fire color than lightning). that being said, I do still like the use of the lightning and fire stocks, I just think that the fire should have been concentrated to just the top of the volcano (and a little falloff), and the lightning should've been the majority of the background. Also, the text could use a little bit of work, I think it's a bit too wide and tall. Still, a nice concept, just the execution could've been a little bit better.

3B: 3

I also did a reverse image search (as suggested by a friend), and I did find the original stock. When compared to this piece, all I really see is a little bit of rain and a face, with some green abstraction. That being said, I think it would've been a lot better without the face, I'm just not really sure what a face is doing next to a tornado ... and thinking about how big that face would have to be .. also, the text might've benefited from a clipping mask. The biggest thing was the fact that I could find it on a reverse image search though :|.

Edit: Guys, don't kill me please :D.

#16 Wesleysdf

Wesleysdf

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,011 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:09

Edit: Guys, don't kill me please :D.

Pff you're a dead guy lol

#17 Sinio

Sinio

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,264 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:26

1A: 7/10 - Right side bugs me. The bottom isn't blended enough. :/
1B: 9/10 - Would have liked to see it a bit bigger and maybe a colored version too.

2A: 6/10 - The splatter brush is a bit random, would have liked to see jagged pieces rather than circles. Also left side is too plain, and text is too large.
2B: 10/10 - Amazing.

3A: 7/10 - Colors are too dull, lightning at the top is random. Text could have blended better. And would like to see a version with charred sides..
3B: 3/10 - Cross image search shows an almost identical image, minus the lady face, the rain, and a few gradients.

beastboy2_zpsb4d2fdc4.png

#18 Kayesha

Kayesha

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 23:37

Group 1
A - 65
B - 72

Group 2
A - 63
B - 69

Group 3
A - 58
B - 53

#19 aa0007

aa0007

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,379 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:06

Teh bump.

#20 aa0007

aa0007

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,379 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:11

Posted an FSbox message, hopefully we get some votes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: